PDA

View Full Version : interesting stat i thought of today when i was in my "office"

coach
01-05-2010, 10:56 PM
Philly hasnt beat a playoff team this year

lvbears32
01-05-2010, 11:04 PM
heres to hoping that trend continues

bobcat4life
01-05-2010, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by lvbears32
heres to hoping that trend continues +1

NateDawg39
01-05-2010, 11:13 PM
and just to clarify any confusion, they have not won 5 super bowls like the Cowboys have ;)

GrTigers6
01-06-2010, 06:25 AM
Dont forget they are 1-2 in playoff games against the Cowboys.:thinking:

nationalpastime
01-06-2010, 10:06 AM
Philly makes me nervous. I know the Boys have been playing the best football in the NFC as of late, but I'm wondering if the Eagles just didn't go "vanilla" this past weekend since they were already in the play-offs to not give anything away.

waterboy
01-06-2010, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by nationalpastime
Philly makes me nervous. I know the Boys have been playing the best football in the NFC as of late, but I'm wondering if the Eagles just didn't go "vanilla" this past weekend since they were already in the play-offs to not give anything away.
I doubt seriously that the Eagirls were holding back. They are not good enough to turn it on and off like that. They WANTED to win the division and get that first round bye. They weren't able to because the Cowboys were by far the better team on Sunday. This Saturday could be a different story, but I doubt it. I think the Cowboys still win.......again.......and finally get that monkey off their backs about losing in the first round. They went into this season with the intent of not losing to the Eagirls again, and with a playoff win against these same Eagirls it would be icing on the cake..........and would avenge last year's meltdown against them. I think you'll see the Cowboys beat them again Saturday.

crzyjournalist03
01-06-2010, 10:57 AM
The Cowboys are also undefeated in playoff openers of a stadium.

They won their first playoff game at the Cotton Bowl as well as the first playoff game at Texas Stadium.

nationalpastime
01-06-2010, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
I doubt seriously that the Eagirls were holding back. They are not good enough to turn it on and off like that. They WANTED to win the division and get that first round bye. They weren't able to because the Cowboys were by far the better team on Sunday. This Saturday could be a different story, but I doubt it. I think the Cowboys still win.......again.......and finally get that monkey off their backs about losing in the first round. They went into this season with the intent of not losing to the Eagirls again, and with a playoff win against these same Eagirls it would be icing on the cake..........and would avenge last year's meltdown against them. I think you'll see the Cowboys beat them again Saturday.

I don't think they'll lose to Philly this weekend either. Philly just makes me nervous because of what's happened over the last few years between the two. Romo has been playing real well over the last month of the season but he's also played real well before and completely blew it. I think he's focused enough to lead the Boys this time. Like I said I'm looking more at what's happened between these two over the last few years.

waterboy
01-06-2010, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by nationalpastime
I don't think they'll lose to Philly this weekend either. Philly just makes me nervous because of what's happened over the last few years between the two. Romo has been playing real well over the last month of the season but he's also played real well before and completely blew it. I think he's focused enough to lead the Boys this time. Like I said I'm looking more at what's happened between these two over the last few years.
I think you're worrying too much.;) The Cowboys will be just fine.........trust me.:cool: The Cowboy defense has a way of getting into the Eagirl offense's head, especially McNabb. Last year was just that.........LAST year. The Cowboys will NOT lose to the Eagirl's this year, in my opinion. Philly brings out the best in the Cowboys.....

Farmersfan
01-06-2010, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
I think you're worrying too much.;) The Cowboys will be just fine.........trust me.:cool: The Cowboy defense has a way of getting into the Eagirl offense's head, especially McNabb. Last year was just that.........LAST year. The Cowboys will NOT lose to the Eagirl's this year, in my opinion. Philly brings out the best in the Cowboys.....

WOW! You sound like Wade Philips. The Cowboys defense has a "way of getting into the Eagirl offense's head" huh? Are you aware that the Eagirls have beaten the Cowboys 13 out of 19 meetings since 2000?
I just hope that if the Cowboys manage a win on Saturday that they aren't satisfied with just getting the monkey off their back. There is STILL a lot of football left to be played. My goal is a Superbowl. I hope it's their goal also!

waterboy
01-06-2010, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
WOW! You sound like Wade Philips. The Cowboys defense has a "way of getting into the Eagirl offense's head" huh? Are you aware that the Eagirls have beaten the Cowboys 13 out of 19 meetings since 2000?
I just hope that if the Cowboys manage a win on Saturday that they aren't satisfied with just getting the monkey off their back. There is STILL a lot of football left to be played. My goal is a Superbowl. I hope it's their goal also!
:rolleyes: Who cares about a 6-13 record against the Eagirls, huh? Wow! That's in the PAST! The Cowboys have pnwed the Eagirls THIS year, and will continue that on Saturday.
And, NO, they won't be happy JUST to get that monkey off their back. That's ludicrous! They are the hottest team in the NFC, along with the Packers, of whom I expect the Cowboys to play next week. I'm not sure if the Cowboys can beat the Packers, but I can assure you they will show up with the INTENT to beat them. It's ONE GAME AT A TIME, and there's absolutely NO need to even think about that one yet. Do you seriously think the Cowboys would be "satisfied" with beating the Eagirls this week and losing next week......:doh:

BTW, you remind me of Keith with your cynicism.....:rolleyes: