PDA

View Full Version : Giddings/Officials Consol. vs. Yoe

GoYOE
11-04-2001, 12:33 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Giddings won't go far into the play-offs, because they won't be able to pay-off
the officials like they did at home against Cameron. Why don't refs get out of the way and let the teams play! Beware, if you ever have to play in Giddings, the refs are one sided and it's give the Buffs every chance they can get. They even call fumbles on passes in over-time when the receiver never even catches the ball. Many times "during the game" Giddings should have been flagged for unsportsman-like conduct, but the officals were well paid. OK! Cameron lost, but play a fair game next time Giddings! Ya'll and Elgin both have the refs on your side, it's obvious. And what was Cameron to do, wait for the entire Giddings side to finish running out on to the field and then shake hands? Talk about bad sports! You should shake-hands then run around celebrating! Go Yoe, that crap Giddings calls fair play won't keep you down. Your fans are behind you all the way! Go YOE!!!

slinky006
11-04-2001, 01:24 AM
Paid the refs? come on, get real. Both teams played a good game, but the Buffs came out on top. As far as that fumble, the reciever had possession of the ball, and then lost it. here's a question for ya, if Giddings and Elgin payed the refs to call for them, who is going to win this Fri. when Giddings plays Elgin?? hmm.... lets see...Since both teams pay the refs i guess they will tie...nope, don't think so...think before you decide to speak.....go buffs

bigman33
11-04-2001, 09:57 AM
Paid the refs r u nuts? Did you play in the game, not I don't think so? Well, I did and Cameron players were talking trash and cursing like big babies. Their player were cheap shoting us after the play was over. That ball was stripped in overtime, the Kuzel had possession of the ball, and it was a fumble recovered by Jonathon Green. Chris Winn stripped that ball, then rumbled, untouched for a 27 yard touchdown. Both rougher the kicker penalties were penalties, and what about the pass interference call on us, that was a good call by the ref, and it was against us. We might have celebrated at the end, but the only players that shook our hands were Ross Watson and Billy Pittman, both are class acts. So, maybe if you knew a little more about football you would understand the game. Next time shut your mouth and Go Buffs!

eye of the tiger
11-04-2001, 11:42 AM
I think referees do a pretty good job of officiating. As much football as everybody on this board watches or participates in, we have probably all seen a few bad calls. It easy to blame them for losses. They cant be everywhere and see everything. Holding could probably be called on every single play. ON the UIL website there is some good reading on referees. http://www.uil.utexas.edu/ath/manuals/foot/fb.html#off

I doubt very seriously that any officials have been paid off.
I wasnt at your game but from what i read it was two good teams playing and both of you going to the play-offs. I suggest you try to just move on. Good luck to both Giddings and Yoe in the play-offs.

g-town fan
11-05-2001, 01:30 PM
why every time something doesn't go someones way, the gotta come up with some crappy excuse? everyone knows the refs weren't paid and yoe had their chance to win but got the ball stripped by chris (all day) winn. ya'll choked but just can't admit it. giddings outplayed the yoe bigtime and thats why they won. keep on crying yoe fans, while we just keep on winning.

shorty02
11-06-2001, 10:51 PM
Ok, Giddings did not pay off the refs. They did however pay off #34. Do you think he dropped the ball on the 1 yard line on purpose. Of course not they paid him a lot to cost his team the district chapionship. And I was at the game and all the of the Giddings side did not rush out, it was about 40 or 50 students. Maybe you just dont know how to count GoYoe and you obviously underestimated the BUFFALOES. Good try and good luck in the playoffs cause your gonna need it.