PDA

View Full Version : Which NFL prospects should go first round

NateDawg39
01-05-2010, 05:54 PM
Some really good defensive guys out there this year and everyone, i am sure, has House of Spears on their mind but who else looks good?
Clausen, Golden Tate, Tebow and maybe Sam Bradford could go in the top 10

Spread It Out
01-05-2010, 06:01 PM
Clausen or Bradford have the best chance to be taken before any of those other names you listed. Golden Tate reminds me a lot of Steve Smith (Panthers) but I don't think teams will take him this early. Tebow surely won't be taken this high with all the problems with his mechanics. Clausen had a tremendous year but is having surgery on his toe and Bradford is coming off surgery. Defense will most certainly dominate this draft.

bobcat4life
01-05-2010, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Spread It Out
Clausen or Bradford have the best chance to be taken before any of those other names you listed. Golden Tate reminds me a lot of Steve Smith (Panthers) but I don't think teams will take him this early. Tebow surely won't be taken this high with all the problems with his mechanics. Clausen had a tremendous year but is having surgery on his toe and Bradford is coming off surgery. Defense will most certainly dominate this draft. I dont think Clausen will be good at the next level. He has alot of Brady Quinn and seems to be missing that "it" factor. Bradford seems to be smarter and have all the tools I think that a quarterback should have.

bobcat4life
01-05-2010, 07:36 PM
Spiller will be up there. He reminds me of Chris Johnson every time I watch him play

Gobbla2001
01-05-2010, 07:38 PM
Spiller does look good...

lvbears32
01-05-2010, 07:49 PM
where do yall think mccoy and kindle end up. i say mccoy late 2nd and kindle mid 1st

Sweetwater Red
01-05-2010, 07:55 PM
St. Louis will most likely draft Suh. Which will leave Detroit drafting the second best
DT in McCoy. Detroit doesn't need a safety
thanks to Jerry Jones or I'd like Eric Berry over
McCoy.

As far as Tebow goes. My opinion is he'll never make it as an NFL QB. He has a better
chance as a possession type receiver.

Gobbla2001
01-05-2010, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Eric Berry

right now I like Mays out of USC at that position though he played a little down this year... wonder if the Texans take a shot at one of these guys to go along with Pollard?

Yoe_09
01-05-2010, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
I dont think Clausen will be good at the next level. He has alot of Brady Quinn and seems to be missing that "it" factor. Bradford seems to be smarter and have all the tools I think that a quarterback should have.

I would have to agree with this. I do not see Clausen being very effective on the next level and I would go with Bradford way before him.

IHStangFan
01-05-2010, 08:44 PM
St. Louis will most likely draft Suh. Which will leave Detroit drafting the second best
McCoy.

As far as Tebow goes. My opinion is he'll never make it as an NFL QB. He has a better
chance as a possession type receiver. agreed on all points.

bobcat4life
01-05-2010, 09:19 PM
McCoy.

chance as a possession type receiver. Tebow is too big to play reciever I think. He is 245. He will be best as an H-Back or Tight end

TheDOCTORdre
01-05-2010, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
Tebow is too big to play reciever I think. He is 245. He will be best as an H-Back or Tight end
Gotta agree, I think he will be great at H-back. He most definately will do all he can to try and be quarterback in the NFL and if he does major props to him, but if not, Tebow is a great team player and will adjust to whatever role is given to him.

As far as Tate goes, if he isn't a top 10 pick, he will be a steal to anyone that can get him.

Suh no doubt should be the first pick in the draft and he could really make alot of noise next year

Sweetwater Red
01-05-2010, 10:51 PM
I understand the argument that Tebow is to big to play WR. But, can you imagine
him trying to block a DE? Let alone a Mario
Williams type. It would be commical.

navscanmaster
01-05-2010, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre

Suh no doubt should be the first pick in the draft and he could really make alot of noise next year

I am surprised the thread made it this far with the first mention of Suh. That guy, if healthy, will be one of the top defenders of all time.

NateDawg39
01-05-2010, 10:53 PM
It would be epic! Top ten bloopers for sure

bandera7
01-05-2010, 11:12 PM
Bradford reminds me alot of Tim Couch...just doesnt have the thickness I like in NFL QBs. Clausen to me has everything you need...I prefer him to Bradford. I also think McCoy will be taken by the Seahawks in the 2nd round, he fits their system well. Tebow should be taken mid 1st by Jags or Dolphins. Marketing paradise.

NateDawg39
01-05-2010, 11:14 PM
Does anyone think the Boys would take Tebow if he was still available? I dont see any use for him other than taking hits here and there lol

bobcat4life
01-05-2010, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
Bradford reminds me alot of Tim Couch...just doesnt have the thickness I like in NFL QBs. Clausen to me has everything you need...I prefer him to Bradford. I also think McCoy will be taken by the Seahawks in the 2nd round, he fits their system well. Tebow should be taken mid 1st by Jags or Dolphins. Marketing paradise. Clausen is not all there mentally. He has alot of concentration issues and cant always handle pressure or find the open reciever. He is like Jay Cutler or Brady Quinn- all the physical tools(can be erratic) but little between the ears.

bandera7
01-05-2010, 11:22 PM
Considering he graduates from Notre Dame...I assume he has alot between the ears :D

Haha Im just kidding I know what you mean. I dont know, he seems to play pretty well at the end of important games, which to me is a huge factor for success at the pro level

TheDOCTORdre
01-05-2010, 11:37 PM
Watch out for OC openings and see if Charlie Weis goes to any of them, because if he does, don't be suprised to see that team take Clausen

crzyjournalist03
01-06-2010, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Does anyone think the Boys would take Tebow if he was still available? I dont see any use for him other than taking hits here and there lol

I could see it...Jerry likes the "Razorback" or "Wildcat" offense, but the team hasn't run it very much this year.

I could honestly see Tebow going a lot of places...Oakland, Miami, Jacksonville, Arizona, Minnesota, Philly (if they let go of Vick), Cleveland, Carolina, Denver...those are the places that jump to mind most readily.