PDA

View Full Version : Orangefield staff

yonsony
11-14-2003, 11:15 AM
This sums it up. Half their staff played there and was awful when they played. How many other staffs would hire so many former sub par players to coach. They need more older and experienced coaches to lead them past Liberty.

oak flat
11-14-2003, 11:18 AM
Hey, you and too Fat think a like. Yall are both ignorant! If Liberty wins it will have nothing to do with Orangefield's staff being hometown boys. Liberty in my opinion is a better team with better athletes and should win. I definitely dont think they already have the game sewed up though.

yonsony
11-14-2003, 11:24 AM
These hometown boys and the whole staff better coach their tails off if they are to have a chance.

oak flat
11-14-2003, 11:30 AM
What's your point? Every staff has to do that in order to have a chance to win. Some have to do better jobs than others.

sahen
11-14-2003, 11:33 AM
didnt stewart graduate from liberty (liberty's head coach) or am i wrong?

yonsony
11-14-2003, 11:38 AM
i'm not sure about stewart, however i am sure about ofield.

smokey
11-14-2003, 11:39 AM
It does not matter how these coaches were in high school. It matters how they can coach their kids which is a good thing at Orangefield because some of their coaches were horrible athletes in their day.

oak flat
11-14-2003, 11:44 AM
Just for yalls info, Orangefield's head coach, offense and defense of coordinator's didn't graduate from there. As far as I know, only one of them did, and he was a pretty good athlete. Dean-R-Duke probably knows better than me though. Aint that right.

yonsony
11-14-2003, 11:45 AM
i know that one of the four is really a cardnial under bobcat clothing

smokey
11-14-2003, 11:48 AM
Seriously, I have scouted Orangefield all year and they are well coached in certain areas. Their weaknesses though, in terms of technique which includes coaching, is in the secondary and on the edges at defensive ends. They are vulnerable there for whatever reason whether it is coaching or not. Also, their running backs do not hit the holes very well that the line seems to create, another sore spot in terms of technique coaching.

yonsony
11-14-2003, 11:49 AM
who is oc and dc at ofield? flanigan is the ad. correct

smokey
11-14-2003, 11:50 AM
Oak Flat, if he graduated from Orangefield he aint a good athlete whoever Dean R Duke is unless he is named Jeff Granger or he pole vaulted. Get a clue!! You can not judge athleticism!

yonsony
11-14-2003, 11:54 AM
two good athletes from ofield have been granger and the pole vaulter that went to nebraska. other than those two there has not been any athlete to go to college for athletics

smokey
11-14-2003, 11:55 AM
yonsony that is my point! no athletes on the field or off!

DOGcatcher
11-14-2003, 12:24 PM
So Smokey, let me get this straight... To be a good coach, an effective teacher, and a great motivator you must have been a great high school athlete.. uh, Let me think about that for a moment... (cough)BULL CRAP(cough).. Some of the greatest coaches in the state were nothing but sub par athletes. In coaching, in my opinion, its not how you play the game but it's how you understand the game.. How you interpret the information to give yourself and advantage.. It takes alot more KNOWLEDGE than skill...

<small>[ November 14, 2003, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: DOGcatcher ]</small>

dean-r-duke
11-14-2003, 12:28 PM
YOUR RIGHT, DEAN R DUKE DOES SUCK... HE ONLY PLAYED IN THE COLLEGE WORLD SERIES TWO YEARS IN A ROW, AND HAD A FOOTBALL SCHOLARSHIP TO NORTHWESTERN STATE IN LOUISIANNA, BUT DECIDED TO PLAY BASEBALL. OTHER THAN THAT YEA I GUESS HE SUXS. BUT ALL THESE GUYS ARE MAD BC I CAN PUNT FARTHER THAN THEM IN PUNT GAME AND CAN OUTRUN EVERYONE OF THEM AND CAN STILL HIT THE BALL IN THE TREES BEHIND THE FENCE AT CORMIER PARK. NOW, SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE!!! :D

dean-r-duke
11-14-2003, 12:29 PM
THANKS FOR HAVING MY BACK TH. TELL PEV I SAID HELLO...

Hupernikomen
11-14-2003, 12:29 PM
DOGcatcher:
So Smokey, let me get this straight... To be a good coach, an effective teacher, and a great motivator you must have been a great high school athlete.. uh, Let me think about that for a moment... (cough)BULL CRAP(cough).. Some of the greatest coaches in the state were nothing but sub par athletes. In coaching, in my opinion, its not how you play the game but it's how you understand the game.. How you interpret the information to give yourself and advantage.. It takes alot more KNOWLEDGE than skill...DogCathcer don't get bothered by this guy (Yon)..he obviously is either an idiot or just trying to ruffle some feathers.

<small>[ November 14, 2003, 02:02 PM: Message edited by: Hupernikomen ]</small>

DOGcatcher
11-14-2003, 12:41 PM
what up dog!!!

eagle08
11-14-2003, 12:44 PM
yonsony:
This sums it up. Half their staff played there and was awful when they played. How many other staffs would hire so many former sub par players to coach. They need more older and experienced coaches to lead them past Liberty.This is what I call one of those EI posts. (Extra-Ignorant)

DOGcatcher
11-14-2003, 12:45 PM
Your right Hupernikomen

I guess I am an idiot...

That statement of the game being 99% mental must have been made up by some stupid band nerd huh...

sahen
11-14-2003, 12:55 PM
i thought that was baseball that was 99% mental...football was more like 75% mental...

oak flat
11-14-2003, 02:43 PM
your right Yonsony, I'm always wrong. I guess in order to be a good athlete in your opinion you have to go on and play college sports. That's not true. It also doesn't take a great athlete at the 3A or 2A level to make a great football player. There have been many a great football players that did not run a 4.5 forty or dunk a basketball..........Some mighty good athletes have come through Orangefield in the late 70's early 80's. 3 or 4 Peveto boys and a man named Peevey amoung many many others. Before you judge me as a DA get your facts straight, BOY.

Dean-r-Duke, I wasn't referring to you as a bad athlete, matter of fact you were pretty good. It makes me laugh, b/c you have no idea who I am but I know who you are.

dean-r-duke
11-14-2003, 02:54 PM
HEY PEEV YOU NEED TO HIDE YOUR IDENTITY A LITTLE BETTER. HOW IS THE WEATHER DOWN IN POSSOM TROT
HAHAHA

Hupernikomen
11-14-2003, 03:01 PM
DOGcatcher:
Your right Hupernikomen

I guess I am an idiot...

That statement of the game being 99% mental must have been made up by some stupid band nerd huh...Sorry I was trying to tell you not to be bother by YonSony.

JoeBob5009
11-14-2003, 03:51 PM
One of the coaches from the staff, Who happens to be the Pappa Bear from the other side of the ditch, says bring it own if you think the Orangefield has produced no talent. He says the class of 88 will send everybody back cryin. He says he will meet anybody who diagrees down Sandbar at 6:00.

oak flat
11-14-2003, 04:03 PM
Dean/Duke its colder than a witches tit up here in the woods, what about the "field". Its amazing how ignorant some people in this world are when they get on here rambling on, making our jobs harder. Either they didn't get to play or there kids dont get to play and they are upset. Orangefield has had about 18 athletes go on to play D1 college sports in the last 20 yrs.....For the record, I dont live there and didn't graduate from there, but I do know enough their program to voice my opinion.

Massey78
11-15-2003, 08:47 PM
for one i think..this topic yall brought up is dumb..i am from orangefield and was coached by these guys last year...and not one was from orangefield..they have one this year and thats its..we have no athletes..go look at mcneese we have to playing there..as well as the pole vaulter in nebraska Eric Esbach..beau deville guess u never heard of him running for 2100 yards and winning the willie ray smith award..or in 88 when we had bradley peveto and the peevey guy at tailback..you need to hold ur tongue..cuz u are obiviously ver ignorant...and i guess our coaches did a hell of a job cuz we passed liberty...and just to let you know our oc is Tom brandow..which as more rings then u have fingers and dc is Blake Morrison..who makes are defense for what it is..last year we have 4 shut outs..that pretty good if u ask me..and he was all state in football and baseball..so hold ur tongue..or me and duke will see u down Sandbar