PDA

View Full Version : Dale Hansen on Wade Phillips' job security issue

kaorder1999
01-05-2010, 12:01 PM
from wfaa.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Here’s a little question that I don’t think should be too hard for anybody to answer.....

If your favorite football team hadn’t won a playoff game in 10 years … only a couple of winning seasons in that 10 year period … had a revolving door for quarterbacks and coaches and I told you I’ll bring you a coach and your team will do this

1. You’ll go 13 and 3 the 1st year but lose to the eventual super bowl champs .. a team that even the unbeaten Patriots and their great coach couldn’t beat

2. You’ll go 9 and 7 the next year and miss the playoffs … but your starting quarterback will miss 3 games and you’ll lose 2 of ‘em … and it’ll come down to the final game of the season

3. And then the 3rd year you’ll go 11 and 5 … win the nfc east again … get home field in the 1st playoff game but I don’t know what happens after that -----

Would you hire that guy ?

You know you would in a heartbeat … in a heartbeat …… and yet here we are on a Monday night after 1 of the real good wins in cowboys history … And people are still asking if wade phillips has done enough to keep his job -----

Why ?

I’m serious … why ? there’s not a coach in the history of the nfl who would get fired after doing in 3 years what this cowboys team has done with phillips as head coach … unless they worked for little danny in Washington of course

Just a thot

-Dale Hansen

BEAST
01-05-2010, 12:18 PM
Very true. 33-15 record over three years, that right at 70% winning percentage. Only Mike Leach could get fired with those numbers.

BEAST

Phantom Stang
01-05-2010, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Very true. 33-15 record over three years, that right at 70% winning percentage. Only Mike Leach could get fired with those numbers.

BEAST
I'd like to see Leach try to send one of THOSE guys to a dark shed.
Getting fired would be the least of his worries.:D

Fletch
01-05-2010, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang

WHAT guys??? Am I missing something here?:confused:

BEAST
01-05-2010, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang

Instead I think he would get taken to the wood shed.

BEAST