PDA

View Full Version : What I hate about Major Bowl Games

BEAST
01-05-2010, 10:20 AM
In almost all cases, it has been a full month since the teams have had a game. In some cases, its almost a month and a half. People wonder why play is sloppy so much of the time, why defenses seem to carry the day and offenses look way out of rythm. The NCAA needs to shorten the length of time between conference championship games and bowl games.

Funny little fact, the amount of time the BCS bowl teams are off would perfectly accomodate a playoff system. Go figure.

BEAST

Phil C
01-05-2010, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
In almost all cases, it has been a full month since the teams have had a game. In some cases, its almost a month and a half. People wonder why play is sloppy so much of the time, why defenses seem to carry the day and offenses look way out of rythm. The NCAA needs to shorten the length of time between conference championship games and bowl games.

Funny little fact, the amount of time the BCS bowl teams are off would perfectly accomodate a playoff system. Go figure.

BEAST

BEAST that is why before the later 1960s nearly all the polls including the major ones awarded the MNCs based on the regular season. Bowl games didn't count because they felt because of the rust factor the teams weren't at their best. Bowl games were treated as basically exibition games mainly for enjoyment purposes.

waterboy
01-05-2010, 11:54 AM

BEAST
:clap: Absolutely! I've been saying this for years. There is ample time in a season with the layoff to implement a playoff system. They could even shorten the regular season by 1, maybe 2 games to accomodate for it, too. If they had a playoff system there would be no MYTHICAL "National Championship". The layoff between games does affect the teams playing negatively, some more than others.........so, really, who knows what would've happened when both teams were still in the flow of practices and schedule routines. I know they would be sharper, and it would be more accurate as to who the best team is in the end. The only problem I do see with a playoff system would be for the student/athletes to study for final exams, but surely something could be done about that.:nerd:

BEAST
01-05-2010, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
:clap: Absolutely! I've been saying this for years. There is ample time in a season with the layoff to implement a playoff system. They could even shorten the regular season by 1, maybe 2 games to accomodate for it, too. If they had a playoff system there would be no MYTHICAL "National Championship". The layoff between games does affect the teams playing negatively, some more than others.........so, really, who knows what would've happened when both teams were still in the flow of practices and schedule routines. I know they would be sharper, and it would be more accurate as to who the best team is in the end. The only problem I do see with a playoff system would be for the student/athletes to study for final exams, but surely something could be done about that.:nerd:

Since when has class work took precedence over football???:D

BEAST

waterboy
01-05-2010, 12:25 PM
Since when has class work took precedence over football???:D

BEAST
:D Bwahahaha................:doh: :clap: