PDA

View Full Version : Understanding stock market definations LOL

Old Cardinal
01-05-2010, 12:32 AM
STOCK – magical piece of paper that is worth Rs 1000 until the moment you buy it. It will be worth Rs 200.
BOND – What you had with your spouse until you invested in the stock market.
BROKER – The person you trust to help you make major financial decisions. Please note the first five letters of this word spell BROKE.
BEAR – What your trade account and wallet will be when you take a flyer on that hot stock tip your friend gave you.
BULL – What your broker uses to explain why your mutual funds tanked during the last quarter.
MARGIN – Where you scribble the latest quotes when you’re supposed to be listening to your manager’s presentation.
SHORT POSITION – A type of trade where, in theory, a person sells stocks he doesn’t actually own. Since this also only ever works in theory, a short position is what a person usually ends up being in (i.e. "In debt, sir? Hahaha, well, I’m a little short this month.").
COMMISSION – The only reliable way to make money on the stock market, which is why your broker charges you one.
CEO – Chief Embezzlement Officer.
CFO – Corporate Fraud Officer.
BULL MARKET – A random market movement causing an investor to mistake himself for a financial genius.
BEAR MARKET – A 6 to 18 month period when the kids get no allowance, the wife gets no jewelry, and the husband gets no sex.
VALUE INVESTING – The art of buying low and selling lower.
P/E RATIO – The percentage of investors wetting their pants as the market keeps crashing.
BROKER – What my broker has made me.
STANDARD & POOR – Your life in a nutshell.
STOCK ANALYST – Idiot who just downgraded your stock.
STOCK SPLIT – When your ex-wife and her lawyer split your assets equally between themselves.
FINANCIAL PLANNER – A guy whose phone has been disconnected.
MARKET CORRECTION – The day after you buy stocks.
CASH FLOW – The movement your money makes as it disappears down the toilet.
YAHOO – What you yell after selling it to some poor sucker for $240 per share.
WINDOWS – What you jump out of when you’re the sucker who bought Yahoo @ $240 per share.
INSTITUTIONAL INVESTOR – Past year investor who’s now locked up in a nuthouse.
PROFIT – An archaic word no longer in use.

Phantom Stang
01-05-2010, 03:17 PM
Funny stuff:D