PDA

View Full Version : 1st TASO meeting of the year

BaseballUmp
01-04-2010, 10:24 PM
and you better believe that the UIL TASO debacle was the headliner. Hopefully we find out something substantial next weekend before state meetings in Austin. From what I heard tonight, its gonna get nasty these next 6 months. Power and only power is the UIL's motive on this move.
A few words from some football officials were that teams that requested some Austin chapter officials to work playoff games were told that they were currently unavailable, and from what I could see, these guys were pretty pissed at the UIL.
Pay structure has changed some give and take on both ends. Itll hurt the officials a little bit but not too much.

My opionon: UIL wants to be in control. All they want TASO to do is train officials then cut all ties. The board members were pretty upset because they see it as the UIL taking everything that the TASO has formed; rulebooks, training, scheduling, and place all control of all decisions on the UIL.

Old Dog
01-04-2010, 11:06 PM
What did you expect, it's the U.I.L. !!!!!!!!!! I agree with the power grab assesment. They don't want some of the power, they want it ALL.

BaseballUmp
01-04-2010, 11:23 PM
oh and go to youtube and type in Tony Timmons and listen to everything he has to say....

hes the UIL director of officiaiting

VWG
01-05-2010, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
oh and go to youtube and type in Tony Timmons and listen to everything he has to say....

hes the UIL director of officiaiting

From that You Tube video it looks as if the UIL could have hired someone a little more professional. Reminds me of a late night evangilist.

BwdLion_80
01-05-2010, 10:44 PM
What do you expect, he is a basketball ref!:doh: