PDA

View Full Version : Did Last Night Keep Wade In Town

bobcat4life
01-04-2010, 07:54 PM
did last nights win make it a guarentee that Jerry will pick up the option on Wade's contract? If not, what will it take to keep Wade in town?

Emerson1
01-04-2010, 07:58 PM
Winning next week.

CelinaCatFan
01-04-2010, 08:04 PM
Wade will be the Cowboys coach next year for several reasons.

Reason #1 - Development of the Cowboys Defense.
Would you want to see what they have built disappear? (They did just post back-to-back shut outs for the first time in Cowboys history).

Reason #2 - The Cowboys have the best record in the NFC East for the last 3 years (including 2 NFC East Championships).

Reason #3 - The Cowboys have gotten over the "Can't win in December" hump. They finished the regular season as the hottest team in the NFC.

Reason #4 - All signs point to a work stoppage for the 2011 NFL season. Wade Phillips has one year left on his contract (2010 season). If there is no NFL season in 2011, Jerry does not have to pay a coaches salary for that year. Jerry is all about the "bottom line."

Txbroadcaster
01-04-2010, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by CelinaCatFan

Would you want to see what they have built disappear? (They did just post back-to-back shut outs for the first time in Cowboys history).

Reason #2 - The Cowboys have the best record in the NFC East for the last 3 years (including 2 NFC East Championships).

Reason #3 - The Cowboys have gotten over the "Can't win in December" hump. They finished the regular season as the hottest team in the NFC.

Reason #4 - All signs point to a work stoppage for the 2011 NFL season. Wade Phillips has one year left on his contract (2010 season). If there is no NFL season in 2011, Jerry does not have to pay a coaches salary for that year. Jerry is all about the "bottom line."

I think reason #4 is hogwash and I know it has been thrown around by some, but Jones has NEVER had a problem paying money and I dont see him if he feels a new coach is needed next year Not doing that just to say oh I dont have to pay one in 2011..plus I think most still fill the chance of an actual lockout is low

LE Dad
01-04-2010, 09:26 PM

Great post :clap: :clap: I think you are correct and my only hope is that the labor talks resolve the threatened stoppage.

Twirling Time
01-05-2010, 07:03 AM

Agree and let me add a fifth reason: Jerry likes Wade.

BILLYFRED0000
01-05-2010, 08:39 AM
There will be a lockout. The owners are not liking the way salaries have gone up. Costs are nuts too. The small market teams are getting hammered. All the talk about revenue sharing does not apply to things like marketing genius and the ability to get funds for stadiums and the like. Jerry has a big leg up on a lot of teams because of his ability to sell.