PDA

View Full Version : Mike Leach story has got me thinking.....

12thMan
01-04-2010, 06:48 PM
This whole Mike Leach story has ticked me off. Again, parents trying to bail out their kids....

You see this more and more, from little league on up to the collage level. Parents are inableing their kids by "rescuing" them from the "mean" coach. It's crazy!! Kids need to learn there are consquiences (spelling?) for their actions. If you mess up, you have to pay the price.

Parents need to just get out of the way and let the coach do the job. Teaching the kids discipline is part of the coaches job. The more I coach, the more I see parents trying to bail their kids out of trouble, pulling them off teams because their not playing the position they want them to play.

It hurts the kids in the long run. Then they go off to college where their parents don't have any say so and the kid is back home less than a year later. Why? Mama wasn't there to bail them out of trouble. Or maybe coach didn't play em at the position they liked, so they quit, just like they were taught to do from the time they were in Little League or Pee-wee football.

Parents- do we see the pattern? As long as the coach isn't hurting the kids, let them do the job. We need to teach our kids how to respect authority and what it means to be a team player. We won't be there forever to save our baby when they get into trouble.