PDA

View Full Version : TCU vs. Boise State Predictions

OLE'BULL
01-04-2010, 05:14 PM
Give me some score predictions??? 35-21 in favor of the FROGS

NateDawg39
01-04-2010, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by OLE'BULL
Give me some score predictions??? 35-21 in favor of the FROGS I say 36-35 Frogs overtime win with the statue of liberty play for the 2 points :D

OLE'BULL
01-04-2010, 05:18 PM
That would make for a helluva monday

waterboy
01-04-2010, 06:00 PM
TCU 44
Boise State 31

Phantom Stang
01-04-2010, 06:10 PM
TCU 48
BS 27

GreenGobbla
01-04-2010, 06:15 PM
TCU - 35
Boise State - 31

CelinaCatFan
01-04-2010, 07:45 PM
TCU 42
BSU 21

lvbears32
01-04-2010, 07:54 PM
58-30 TEXAS CHRISTIAN HORNED FROGS!!!!!

bobcat4life
01-04-2010, 07:57 PM
TCU 34
Boise St. 23

forum_guy
01-04-2010, 08:21 PM
Something to think about that no one has mentioned is how much this game really means to TCU. They are returning i believe 16 starters next year. That along with a win tonight could propel them even higher up in next years preseason ranks which in turn would help there chances of playing for a NC next year.

Now for the score it is too easy to say TCU by 14+

I say

TCU 30
Boise State 24

turbostud
01-04-2010, 08:23 PM
Well they screwed up the coin toss, which is hard to do.

ziggy29
01-04-2010, 08:28 PM
Well, Boise had better hope that their first possession isn't going to be indicative of the QB play they'll get today, or else they will get crushed.

NateDawg39
01-04-2010, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by ziggy29
Well, Boise had better hope that their first possession isn't going to be indicative of the QB play they'll get today, or else they will get crushed. Defense of TCU is setting the tempo

turbostud
01-04-2010, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by ziggy29
Well, Boise had better hope that their first possession isn't going to be indicative of the QB play they'll get today, or else they will get crushed.

OOPS

NateDawg39
01-04-2010, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
OOPS :doh: :doh: :doh:

turbostud
01-04-2010, 08:43 PM
TCU QB stinking it up right now!!!!

Third
01-04-2010, 08:46 PM
Yeah, he's got a case of the nerves. He missed a sure TD pass.

NateDawg39
01-04-2010, 08:48 PM
Last year the running game got TCU the win. Maybe they should try a few of those runs instead of tossing it into covered receivers

DDBooger
01-04-2010, 08:51 PM
Boise jumped out on TCU by 2 scores last year, once they settle down I think TCU will be ok.

Third
01-04-2010, 08:58 PM
Big FG miss.

OLE'BULL
01-04-2010, 09:50 PM
Who would have thought we would have a 10-7 score at halftime??? And with Boise up??? Obviously none of us with our predictions.

DDBooger
01-04-2010, 09:53 PM
TCU finally woke up and settled down, could have been worse. Gonna be an exciting 2nd half

eagleqb_14
01-04-2010, 09:54 PM
boise by 14

D_bird
01-04-2010, 09:58 PM
Yes it is a surprising halftime score... But is it really?

TCU hasn't been on a stage this big before, Boise St has and it shows.

TheDOCTORdre
01-04-2010, 09:59 PM
First half was a defensive stale mate for the most part. IMO both coaching staffs make proper adjustments andthe 2nd half turns into an offensive shootout

alaskacat
01-04-2010, 10:01 PM
Boise hasn't got warmed up yet after half adjustments they will handle the frogs pretty easily. they have been playing much better teams all year than TCU...and it shows so far

alaskacat
01-04-2010, 10:02 PM
Who would have thought we would have a 10-7 score at halftime??? And with Boise up??? Obviously none of us with our predictions.

didn't surprise me at all and I said that yesterday

TCU doesn't = OU

OLE'BULL
01-04-2010, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
First half was a defensive stale mate for the most part. IMO both coaching staffs make proper adjustments andthe 2nd half turns into an offensive shootout

I hope your right, as long as TCU finishes with the W

OLE'BULL
01-04-2010, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by alaskacat
Boise hasn't got warmed up yet after half adjustments they will handle the frogs pretty easily. they have been playing much better teams all year than TCU...and it shows so far

I hope your wrong

NateDawg39
01-04-2010, 10:09 PM
TCU is showing a lot of heart by slowing things down and getting that TD. Boise should be up by 17-0 or 13-0 so the Frogs are lucky in that sense. I just hope the momentum carries over in the 3rd

TheDOCTORdre
01-04-2010, 10:17 PM
Interesting tidbit about these two team

Boise States only ranked opponent this year was Oregon who was ranked 16 at the time of their game with Boise State.
While TCU played games against two ranked opponents, BYU and Utah, who were both ranked 16 at the time of their matchups with TCU

Just an interesting fact that I just stumbled upon

TheDOCTORdre
01-04-2010, 10:47 PM
and we have a tied ball game

skins4life
01-04-2010, 11:11 PM
and we have a tied ball game

And another INT. :mad:

bigwood33
01-04-2010, 11:13 PM
Is anyone else watching this and asking "what's the big deal?" I can't see either of these teams matching up with Tx, Ala, or Fla. They both look a lot like Cincinnati...and we all saw how that worked out against the Gators!

skins4life
01-04-2010, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
Is anyone else watching this and asking "what's the big deal?" I can't see either of these teams matching up with Tx, Ala, or Fla. They both look a lot like Cincinnati...and we all saw how that worked out against the Gators!

I was thinking the same thing.

OLE'BULL
01-04-2010, 11:16 PM

ME! I knew Boise wasn't comparable to TX, Ala, or Fla., but I was hoping TCU would come out to play tonight and show everyone they belonged. Regardless of the outcome now, I am not impressed with either team. On such a big stage, teams need to come out and put on a show, its why they get paid the big bucks.

skins4life
01-04-2010, 11:17 PM
I was just thinking that too!!

bigwood33
01-04-2010, 11:20 PM
I know that it isn't cool to say this type of thing (a lot of TCU fans) but I think the 'Horns beat either team by 28 or 35 points.

eagleqb_14
01-04-2010, 11:21 PM
great fake punt leads to a boise TD! 17-10

alaskacat
01-04-2010, 11:23 PM
your underestimating both teams...Boise can play with most of the big dogs and it looks like TCU is no slouch

bigwood33
01-04-2010, 11:27 PM
your underestimating both teams...Boise can play with most of the big dogs and it looks like TCU is no slouch
I am sure that is what Cincinnati fans thought too. I think these guys look about like a mid rung Big 12 team.

forum_guy
01-04-2010, 11:29 PM
I know that it isn't cool to say this type of thing (a lot of TCU fans) but I think the 'Horns beat either team by 28 or 35 points.

this might be one of the most idiotic posts i have seen in a while

rcbulldog34
01-04-2010, 11:30 PM
These are two average teams. neither could compete in the SEC or Big 12

bigwood33
01-04-2010, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by rcbulldog34
Thank you. I still hope that TCU wins the thing.

wyliefan
01-04-2010, 11:32 PM
I don't think either team could compete week in and week out in the Big 12, SEC or the Pac 10.

TheDOCTORdre
01-04-2010, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by rcbulldog34

they woldnt right away, but you put them into a BCS auto conference and recruiting will go up and then so will the level of play

LE Dad
01-04-2010, 11:34 PM
Close game, but sloppy game. Both teams making lots of mistakes.

OLE'BULL
01-04-2010, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by wyliefan
I don't think either team could compete week in and week out in the Big 12, SEC or the Pac 10.

I agree for the most part, except the Pac 10. Both TCU and Boise would make a good addition to the Pac 10, IMO

TheDOCTORdre
01-04-2010, 11:35 PM

the Pac-10 blows, you lost all credibility with that statement:D

forum_guy
01-04-2010, 11:37 PM
just a quick question but just because both teams aren't scoring alot they lose any credibility that they had?

alaskacat
01-04-2010, 11:39 PM
Boise has beaten Washington, Oregon,.Oklahoma in the last 3 years. The only SWC team they would fear would be just maybe Texas..TT..no way.

I think theyhave lost 2 games in 3 years and are game to play anyone..but never get a chance because of the BCS rules etc

OLE'BULL
01-04-2010, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
just a quick question but just because both teams aren't scoring alot they lose any credibility that they had?

Yup, that and the play has been sloppy on both sides the whole game

LE Dad
01-04-2010, 11:40 PM
they woldnt right away, but you put them into a BCS auto conference and recruiting will go up and then so will the level of play I agree TCU would... not so sure bout BSU. TCU would get boost by playing in state grudge matches, but BSU really doesn't have any big rivals to stir recruiting.

bigwood33
01-04-2010, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
No. Texas and Nebraska didn't score much in the Big XII Championship game and they both looked MUCH more explosive and dominate defensively than these 2 do. It is like the difference in good 3A ball and good 4A ball...just a different level.

TheDOCTORdre
01-04-2010, 11:41 PM
Quote of the night

"Both these schools know, what a win here tonight would mean to their programs."

a win tonight against another non BCS school with out a chance to play for the NC means nothing to these schools

wyliefan
01-04-2010, 11:42 PM
Boise has beaten Washington, Oregon,.Oklahoma in the last 3 years. The only SWC team they would fear would be just maybe Texas..TT..no way.

I think theyhave lost 2 games in 3 years and are game to play anyone..but never get a chance because of the BCS rules etc

They only have to "get-up" for one game maybe two a year, which is like their national championship game. If they had to play to 20 competition each week, then I do not think that could compete with the top conferences each week.

alaskacat
01-04-2010, 11:43 PM
As far as sloppy goes..that is all Hormned Frog sloppy..I havent seen muuch slop on th eorange side

bigwood33
01-04-2010, 11:46 PM

Washington was AWFUL the last few years (Baylor would have rolled them) and Oklahoma didn't care. I don't know what to say about Oregon...not real sure how good they are. You are kidding yourself if you think that TT, Ok State, etc would not give Boise all they could handle. Also, if they played in the Big XII they just might have them in consecutive weeks.
It just came to me, they (Boise and TCU) look a lot like Kansas and Missouri.

NastySlot
01-04-2010, 11:50 PM
They only have to "get-up" for one game maybe two a year, which is like their national championship game. If they had to play to 20 competition each week, then I do not think that could compete with the top conferences each week.

and in the "big II and the rest" conference........both texas and ou have to get up for each other and maybe one other team each year......oh yeah maybe the conference championship if someone from the north has a decent team.

give these teams a little credit its not like the have the budgets or recruit like the top teams in the big xii, pac 10 or SEC.

forum_guy
01-04-2010, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
and in the "big II and the rest" conference........both texas and ou have to get up for each other and maybe one other team each year......oh yeah maybe the conference championship if someone from the north has a decent team.

give these teams a little credit its not like the have the budgets or recruit like the top teams in the big xii, pac 10 or SEC.

+1 for this post. Damn you would think both of these teams lost 5 games each throughout the season as much as people are doggin on them now

TheDOCTORdre
01-04-2010, 11:53 PM
Quote of the night

"Both these schools know, what a win here tonight would mean to their programs."

a win tonight against another non BCS school with out a chance to play for the NC means nothing to these schools

correction, this is now the quote of the night

"Boise State has just secured their spot as a national power"

*** is the announcer talking about, the BCS must be paying him a $h!t load of money to be talking that nonsense

OLE'BULL
01-04-2010, 11:53 PM

I think what he's trying to say is that if Boise were in the Big XII, they would have to "get up" for UT, OU, OSU, ATM, maybe Nebraska after the performance in conference championship game.

alaskacat
01-04-2010, 11:54 PM
Thats very true..If they moved into the Pac 10, the calibre of players goes way way up. the point is they do pretty darned good with all the rejects from Calif etc.

Now just for a point also..TCU usuallyaverages over 250 yards a game rushing..they got less than 100 today. The TCU QB is a record holder, and had a very tough night with the Bronco Defense...Boise plays good D period.

NateDawg39
01-04-2010, 11:55 PM
correction, this is now the quote of the night

"Boise State has just secured their spot as a national power"

*** is the announcer talking about, the BCS must be paying him a $h!t load of money to be talking that nonsense I thought they secured it over Oklahoma ;)

bigwood33
01-04-2010, 11:55 PM

I congratulate schools like BSU and TCU and how far their respective football programs have come and certainly on any given Saturday they could beat anyone in the country BUT they are not as good as the top teams of the power conferences. They play with great heart and are fun to watch but they would get "out athleted" by the big boys if they played them week in and week out.

NastySlot
01-04-2010, 11:56 PM
I think what he's trying to say is that if Boise were in the Big XII, they would have to "get up" for UT, OU, OSU, ATM, maybe Nebraska after the performance in conference championship game.

I got it ...now...sorta like my arguement about texas playing in the SEC...they would have a lot more difficult a time...having to get up for lets say...LSU, Alabama, Auburn, Arkansas etc.......those teams are tuff at home...and facing that schedule for 5-6 weeks would or could really beat a team physically.

JJWalker
01-04-2010, 11:57 PM
Chris Peterson is my hero for having balls enough to call that fake punt.

TheDOCTORdre
01-04-2010, 11:58 PM
I got it ...now...sorta like my arguement about texas playing in the SEC...they would have a lot more difficult a time...having to get up for lets say...LSU, Alabama, Auburn, Arkansas etc.......those teams are tuff at home...and facing that schedule for 5-6 weeks would or could really beat a team physically.

quit drinking that SEC kool-aid, Horns would do perfectly fine in the SEC

NastySlot
01-05-2010, 12:00 AM
I congratulate schools like BSU and TCU and how far their respective football programs have come and certainly on any given Saturday they could beat anyone in the country BUT they are not as good as the top teams of the power conferences. They play with great heart and are fun to watch but they would get "out athleted" by the big boys if they played them week in and week out.

I understand where you re coming from now...i think they would be very comparable to other teams in the big xii...excluding texas and ou......some really good years challange for a title ....good years go to a bowl and some down years..............keep in mind if they were to join the big xii.........they would get a lot better just because the state of texas would become an even larger recruiting ground for them...they get a few now...but they would be like kansas, k-state and iowa state in picking up texans.

NastySlot
01-05-2010, 12:01 AM
quit drinking that SEC kool-aid, Horns would do perfectly fine in the SEC

oh sure they would i agree.........but idk about 10 win seasons like they come now..

TheDOCTORdre
01-05-2010, 12:03 AM
oh sure they would i agree.........but idk about 10 win seasons like they come now..

you're right they would come easier:devil:

NastySlot
01-05-2010, 12:05 AM
you're right they would come easier:devil:

more kool aid?

bigwood33
01-05-2010, 12:08 AM
The SEC is 5-4 in bowl games and the Big XII is 4-3. I know that you can't put too much stock in the bowl games but the trend is about the same. I am not sure that either conference is quite a deep as many of us thought.

alaskacat
01-05-2010, 12:11 AM
Then it all goes back to the same thing no one will know until there is a playoff system in place with who the stuffy BCS figures has quality and who doesn't...screw a bunchof computer pics and coach homey votes.

Let the kids decide it on the field.

bigwood33
01-05-2010, 12:12 AM
You win! I agree!:D

PhiI C
01-05-2010, 12:24 AM
Then it all goes back to the same thing no one will know until there is a playoff system in place with who the stuffy BCS figures has quality and who doesn't...screw a bunchof computer pics and coach homey votes.

Let the kids decide it on the field.

I also agree. And I also agree with the others. Boise State is a good team but they are a top 10 to 14 team in my opnion. Of the top five teams only Cincy would have trouble with them in a serious game with teams at their best and we saw what happened to them against Florida.

What is scary is that Cincy was one second from being in the nC game ahead of TCU and Boise State. This verifies once again the need for a real playoff system.

LE Dad
01-05-2010, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by PhiI C

What is scary is that Cincy was one second from being in the nC game ahead of TCU and Boise State. This verifies once again the need for a real playoff system. Scary indeed. Instead they were just subjected to a beating with half of the country watching vs the WHOLE country watching:thinking:

LE Dad
01-05-2010, 12:35 AM
All this banter is making my head hurt. Think I am going to lock myself in a dark room for a few hours:doh:

:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

PhiI C
01-05-2010, 12:39 AM
Boise State basically used trick plays to beat Oklahoma and now TCU. I was halfway expecting a fake punt when it happened. Of course Boise State was probably playing an OKlahoma team that didn't really care about the game probably what Alabama last year when they played Utah.

Both teams made critical mistakes and didn't even look good playing against each other. And th ey want to be recognized top 2 powers. Much ado about nothing.

NateDawg39
01-05-2010, 12:46 AM
Honestly, if it had been an SEC team in play tonight they would have called it a defensive struggle of the ages. But most are calling this one a terribly played game...just my opinion

PhiI C
01-05-2010, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Honestly, if it had been an SEC team in play tonight they would have called it a defensive struggle of the ages. But most are calling this one a terribly played game...just my opinion

I agree Nate. Ye ole double standard.

NastySlot
01-05-2010, 01:20 AM
isn't this the same score between these two teams as last year?...just reverse?

NastySlot
01-05-2010, 01:21 AM
isn't this the same score between these two teams as last year?...just reverse?

nevermind......my son just told me tcu won 17-16 last year.

Bullaholic
01-05-2010, 10:05 AM
The Frog defense turned in their usual stellar effort, but the TCU offense, particuliarly the running game, was MIA---Andy Dalton had no clue what the BSU defense was doing and threw three "looking at the receiver all the way picks". A couple of key drops by TCU receivers and the penalties did not help, either.

All credit to the BSU defense--what an effort and credit to the BSU coaching staff for the gutsy 4th down call and defensive schemes. BSU deserved every bit of the win--my hats are off to them.

Sure proud of TCU's year, and I think they will be back as good or better next season.

Go Frogs!

ziggy29
01-05-2010, 10:08 AM
Precisely. I'm sick of hearing about how the teams looked flat or lackluster or whatever. There's NO way that if this were (say) an SEC/Big 12 game with similar game dynamics, we'd be hearing this reaction.

The double standard is rampant and evident. When a team in most BCS conferences lays an egg in their BCS game, not many people say it was proof they didn't belong in the BCS.

It's sickening, really, and only a true playoff can fix it.

Matthew328
01-05-2010, 11:29 AM
Still a little disappointed, thought TCU abandoned the run game way too early and that cost them the game. TCU's defense was stellar very proud of them but Dalton just played awful and combine that w/no ground game you get a poor offensive showing

slpybear the bullfan
01-05-2010, 01:19 PM

+1

And I think I will tap the brakes on some of the TCU Nat Champ talk I have been listening too in the DFW area. Nat Champ teams don't play that sloppy. Uggh.

TheDOCTORdre
01-05-2010, 02:28 PM
Another factor that may have gone ito last nights performance from both teams could be the fact that in all reality both teams(players and coaches alike) may not have cared as much, had they been playing a BCS conference school or been playing for a NC or in a playoff system for a shot at the NC. Thought to ponder

BullsFan
01-05-2010, 04:43 PM
There were some fairly critical bad calls and non-calls last night as well. Lots of block in the backs missed, a few face masks, that horrible defensive interference that should have been offensive. I'm not saying any of those would have changed the outcome, but they sure could have played some sort of factor in the game.

waterboy
01-05-2010, 04:59 PM
Face it. This was a sloppy game by the TCU offense. The turnovers are what did them in. Boise State played better on this night and deserved the win. I was impressed by the Bronco defense, too. They had a lot to do with those mistakes by the Horned Frog offense.....:( There were a couple of missed calls and one really bad call, but I'm not gonna make excuses.....the Broncos played better and got the win. The play that broke the deadlock in this game was that fake punt. That some major intestinal fortitude to try that play in their own end of the field in a tie game!:eek: Plays like that either make a coach a hero, or a goat, depending on how it turns out. To make that call took some HUGE cahones......:cool:

NateDawg39
01-05-2010, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
+1

And I think I will tap the brakes on some of the TCU Nat Champ talk I have been listening too in the DFW area. Nat Champ teams don't play that sloppy. Uggh. Bama will play just as sloppy when they step on the field. ;)...I hope :thinking: