PDA

View Full Version : Bellville's Coach Chancellor???

OLE'BULL
01-04-2010, 04:57 PM
Anyone know how he finished up his first season over at Longview Pinetree???

MJMbrahmas10
01-04-2010, 05:17 PM
im not sure,i heard of two wins.....but it sounds like it is going to be real tough over there

OLE'BULL
01-04-2010, 05:20 PM
Sounds about right, I might of heard 3 but could be wrong. From what I've heard, its gonna be a marathon not a sprint for that program. I think he's the man for the job. Once he gets them to buy in to his system, and instills the discipline, they should see some improvement.

OLE'BULL
01-04-2010, 09:51 PM
Anyone have his record?? I cant seem to find it...

LE Dad
01-04-2010, 10:07 PM
I think PT won one or two at most. I know they were blown out by Pleasant Grove in Pre District and went 0-6 in district. He will have a tough job with PT. They are in district with Longview, Texas High, Sulphur Springs and Marshall.

OLE'BULL
01-04-2010, 10:10 PM
Thats gotta be tough on him coming from years of winning. He did sign up for it knowing the district he would be competing in, I guess we'll see what kind of coach he really is. Im a Chancellor fan so I will give him a few years to get 'em going...

zebrablue2
01-04-2010, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by OLE'BULL
Anyone have his record?? I cant seem to find it...

went to a website and I only saw 1 win in week 3 against Paris North Lamar, 10-7. many of the losses were by 30 to 40 pts. plus.. they play in district 13-4a..

LE Dad
01-04-2010, 10:18 PM
Thats gotta be tough on him coming from years of winning. He did sign up for it knowing the district he would be competing in, I guess we'll see what kind of coach he really is. Im a Chancellor fan so I will give him a few years to get 'em going... PT has not had much success on the football field in a long, long time. His best bet is that realignment will split this current district but losing runs deep at PT and he will have to break that mentality.

OLE'BULL
01-04-2010, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
PT has not had much success on the football field in a long, long time. His best bet is that realignment will split this current district but losing runs deep at PT and he will have to break that mentality.

Sometimes you have to wonder if the pay increase is really worth the headache that comes with a doomed program. When I talked to him he mentioned exactly what you said in that the mentality of the kids is that no one expects anything from them so they dont put any pressure on themselves, his goal is to change that...

LE Dad
01-04-2010, 10:29 PM
Sometimes you have to wonder if the pay increase is really worth the headache that comes with a doomed program. When I talked to him he mentioned exactly what you said in that the mentality of the kids is that no one expects anything from them so they dont put any pressure on themselves, his goal is to change that... It can be done. When LE was in 4A PT and Whitehouse were sure wins every year. Whitehouse has since built a respectable program. PT though has just continued to spin its wheels, going thru coach after coach. Being in same town as Longview doesn't help either.

OLE'BULL
01-04-2010, 10:37 PM
It can be done. When LE was in 4A PT and Whitehouse were sure wins every year. Whitehouse has since built a respectable program. PT though has just continued to spin its wheels, going thru coach after coach. Being in same town as Longview doesn't help either.

It sounds like they just need a little consistency and a coach that is willing to put in the effort and gut it out. I am going to have to start rooting for PT now... Longview will probably always be a L for PT, no matter who's coaching

LE Dad
01-04-2010, 10:47 PM
It sounds like they just need a little consistency and a coach that is willing to put in the effort and gut it out. I am going to have to start rooting for PT now... Longview will probably always be a L for PT, no matter who's coaching Got to get the kids and community up and keep yourself up. Sounds like they may have the right man just got to give him time.

OLE'BULL
01-04-2010, 10:51 PM
Got to get the kids and community up and keep yourself up. Sounds like they may have the right man just got to give him time.

Agreed