I just saw this on ESPN and I laughed

DDBooger
01-04-2010, 04:38 PM
That would tear a hole in time and space

Maroon87
01-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
I just saw this on ESPN and I laughed

Me too...it's really too perfect when you think about it. If he can turn Jamarcus Russell into a 4,000 yd passer, then he really is a genius...;)

Eagle 1
01-04-2010, 04:43 PM
I think he will land an OC job in the NFL.

bigwood33
01-04-2010, 04:46 PM
OC might work but not HC. He and Mike Martz are the same guy and Martz will never get another chance at being a HC.

Bullaholic
01-04-2010, 04:52 PM
OMG--the Pirate and Don Al......they could rename Oakland to Tortuga West...:D

Pick6
01-04-2010, 04:53 PM
Steve Spurrier is 10X the coach that Leach is. Spurrier couldn't make it as a HC in the NFL and Leach won't either.

Maroon87
01-04-2010, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
I think he will land an OC job in the NFL.

Kyle Shanahan will almost certainly leave the Texans to join his dad in DC. I'm just sayin'...:thinking:

BreckTxLonghorn
01-04-2010, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Imagine the possibilities...:thinking:

PLEASE let this happen.

Txbroadcaster
01-04-2010, 05:04 PM
Unless Leach is changing his offensive scheme he will not make it in the NFL..NFL defenses would KILL his QB

DDBooger
01-04-2010, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
.NFL defenses would KILL his QB QBS (plural) he'd go through about 3 or 4 in that offense with all the injuries :D

OLE'BULL
01-04-2010, 05:07 PM
I agree w/ Eagle 1. That would be his only chance in the NFL. Saban couldnt make it, why would Leach be able to? The guy is an offensive genius, someone will (or should) pick him up

Eagle 1
01-04-2010, 05:16 PM
Unless Leach is changing his offensive scheme he will not make it in the NFL..NFL defenses would KILL his QB
If that's the case, then riddle me this.
Why have so many NFL teams taken notice in Leach's offense at Tech?

Here's another good point: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/316765-mike-leachshould-an-nfl-team-consider-making-him-offensive-coordinator

Pick6
01-04-2010, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
If that's the case, then riddle me this.
Why have so many NFL teams taken notice in Leach's offense at Tech?

Riddle me this, how many NFL teams use that type of offense? Spurrier tried and it didn't work.

NateDawg39
01-04-2010, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Riddle me this, how many NFL teams use that type of offense? Spurrier tried and it didn't work. Mike Leach is Mike Leach, and Spurrier is Spurrier. Leach, in my opinion is a smarter guy and might be able to get an offense going in the NFL.

lvbears32
01-04-2010, 05:38 PM
if none of leach's qbs have made it, thren y the heck would leach make it

NateDawg39
01-04-2010, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by lvbears32
if none of leach's qbs have made it, thren y the heck would leach make it Wes Welker made it in as a receiver if that counts :)

Pick6
01-04-2010, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Mike Leach is Mike Leach, and Spurrier is Spurrier. Leach, in my opinion is a smarter guy and might be able to get an offense going in the NFL.

It's your opinion and your entitled to it, but I do respectfully disagree with it.

12thMan
01-04-2010, 05:54 PM
Leach as OC, could be good for some teams in the NFL. I think he will stay at the collage level. He might take a job at a smaller DI school or a OC job at a big school.

NateDawg39
01-04-2010, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
It's your opinion and your entitled to it, but I do respectfully disagree with it. How dare you go against me! :mad:

truebluestang
01-05-2010, 10:05 AM
Patriots use it most of the time and the Steelers of all teams used the spread with success towards the end. The Cowboys are in the spread alot and so are the Colts. Pro teams still call it shotgun but it is the spread with many of the same screens and routes.

OldBison75
01-05-2010, 10:50 AM
The three most everrated things in football are:

Tim Tebow as a Pro Prospect Quarterback

Mike Leach as a "respectable" coach

and

Anybody really claiming they won a National Championship.

THEY ARE ALL FRAUDULENT STATEMENTS

Txbroadcaster
01-05-2010, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by truebluestang
Patriots use it most of the time and the Steelers of all teams used the spread with success towards the end. The Cowboys are in the spread alot and so are the Colts. Pro teams still call it shotgun but it is the spread with many of the same screens and routes.

Spreading out the field is not running the spread..Leach runs what amouts to the Run-N-Shoot offense.

Black_Magic
01-05-2010, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by lvbears32
if none of leach's qbs have made it, thren y the heck would leach make it Put Leach in control of a power like Alabama, Texas, Florida or any other MAJOR NCAA power and he would win a National championship. He has been doing what he does on the leftovers from what the majors dont want. Tech never out recruits the others mentioned . Tech gets what the others like OU and UT dont want. He has done well with what he gets. Sure he gets some good ones but not near the best. That being said, You put him in control of an NFL offence it would be tough going until he got the right personel to run his offence. once he got that in place lookout!

Trashman
01-05-2010, 12:25 PM
Imagine the possibilities...:thinking:

I could see Leach at the Raiders with Tebow at QB. Some minor logo changes and wah lah! We have the Oakland Pirate Raiders! I would pay money to see that three ring circus.:D

DDBooger
01-05-2010, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
I could see Leach at the Raiders with Tebow at QB. Some minor logo changes and wah lah! We have the Oakland Pirate Raiders! I would pay money to see that three ring circus.:D Al Davis' convalescence runs counter to the Raiders success :(
Adding a pirate ship (Leach and crew) would just make it more laughable. For karma reasons I can't hope for his demise.

Eagle 1
01-05-2010, 01:41 PM
Spreading out the field is not running the spread..Leach runs what amouts to the Run-N-Shoot offense.
Just a little more complexed version; example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efLE5JyskU8

teetle
01-05-2010, 02:55 PM
The aggies needs to get rid of Sherwood and hires Leach. Thats scares me. Bes a goods move for the Aggies.:eek: :weeping: :eek:

IHStangFan
01-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Me too...it's really too perfect when you think about it. If he can turn Jamarcus Russell into a 4,000 yd passer, then he really is a genius...;) LOL...amen to that.

IHStangFan
01-05-2010, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by teetle
The aggies needs to get rid of Sherwood and hires Leach. Thats scares me. Bes a goods move for the Aggies.:eek: :weeping: :eek: Nah...the Sherminator has the Ags headed in the right direction. When you consider how young they were this year (18 true fresh. getting playing time)....they had an alright year. I like some of the recruits he's been able to get in just 2 yrs as well. I believe next year all of Fran's players will be gone won't they?