Chargers vs Vikings

Superbowl champs: Vikings
+1

NateDawg39
01-03-2010, 11:29 PM
Im goin with either the Chargers or the Bengals :nerd:

bandera7
01-04-2010, 02:51 AM
I figure its about time my loyalties are known on the board....

Eagles vs Chargers.

Winner: Eagles, 35-27

And you can ask BBDE, I have liked the Eagles for a long, long time...not a bandwagon fan at all.

Pmoney
01-04-2010, 02:59 AM
Chargers vs. Saints

Winner: Chargers 35-31

GrTigers6
01-04-2010, 06:46 AM
At first I would have said Saints and Colts. But now after the last several weeks I will have to say, the Chargers and the Cowboys are playing the best.
If the Cowboys win there first playoff game then look out. They may just run the table. If not then I think the saints will be the strongest in the nfc.
I still think the chargers will carry on and go to the big game.

bobcat4life
01-04-2010, 08:14 AM
Chargers vs. Cowboys

Chargers 21 Cowboys 16

TheDOCTORdre
01-04-2010, 08:28 AM
the Chargers are playing the best ball in the NFL by far right now and I expect them to continue too and ride it all the way to the Super Bowl. In the NFC, its really a toss up. The Saints and Vikings are nowhere near the teams we thought they were4 weeks ago. I hate the way the cards have fallen because I would love to see Green Bay get a chance at Favre and the Vikes again but that would involve a Dallas loss for that too happen. IMO the 2 teams playing the best ball in the NFC are the Packers and the COwboys, but the 'Boys will have to at least win their game against the Eagles to sell me that they have a chance to make it to the SUper Bowl. Also you gotta watch out for the cardinals, look what happened last year when they got on a hot streak. Nonetheless no matter who makes it from the NFC, the Chargers win the Super Bowl

Farmersfan
01-04-2010, 10:18 AM
Right now the most balanced team in the league is the Green Bay Packers. They are ranked #3 in points scored per game and #7 in points allowed.
The Dallas offense has been a very mediocre offense for most of the season and has consistently shown it has trouble scoring points. Hopefully it will find a way to pick it up in the playoffs because it is a little retarded to expect the defense to continue to hold down really, really good offenses like it has been doing.
All the NFC playoff teams that Dallas will have to beat to get to the Superbowl will be ranked in the top 10 in the league in scoring. #1. Saints. #2. Vikings. #3 Packers. #5 Pilly. #11 Cards.
BTW: The Cowboys are ranked #14 in scoring. They will have to get better than that. I think (hope) Romo finds a way this year!

Txbroadcaster
01-04-2010, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Right now the most balanced team in the league is the Green Bay Packers. They are ranked #3 in points scored per game and #7 in points allowed.
The Dallas offense has been a very mediocre offense for most of the season and has consistently shown it has trouble scoring points. Hopefully it will find a way to pick it up in the playoffs because it is a little retarded to expect the defense to continue to hold down really, really good offenses like it has been doing.
All the NFC playoff teams that Dallas will have to beat to get to the Superbowl will be ranked in the top 10 in the league in scoring. #1. Saints. #2. Vikings. #3 Packers. #5 Pilly. #11 Cards.
BTW: The Cowboys are ranked #14 in scoring. They will have to get better than that. I think (hope) Romo finds a way this year!

You will just try whatever you can to find a way to paint Dallas O as a problem AND Romo as the main problem

Have the Cowboys struggled to score..yep, of course bad FG has caused some of that...but to say Dallas O has been mediocre is just plain crazy.

GreenGobbla
01-04-2010, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
I figure its about time my loyalties are known on the board....

Eagles vs Chargers.

Winner: Eagles, 35-27

And you can ask BBDE, I have liked the Eagles for a long, long time...not a bandwagon fan at all.

agree on the chargers vs. eagles, but i think the chargers pull out the W

crzyjournalist03
01-04-2010, 01:19 PM
A couple of weeks ago, I would have said the Saints vs. Chargers or Colts, but after witnessing what Dallas did to them and to Philly, and getting to go to the game yesterday, I just felt a vibe that I've seen many teams get this time of year that do great things.

It's part homer, sure, but I feel that the Cowboys have justified themselves as being just as legitimate as any team in the NFC.

With a home game against Philly, I have a hard time seeing how the Eagles can adjust so much in a single week to make the difference, and then going to Minnesota isn't nearly as daunting as it would have seemed a month ago. Don't forget that for whatever reason, the Cowboys have had Brett Favre's number over the years, and it's the one mental block that he's never quite gotten past.

Then the Cowboys would either go to NO where they've won once while riding a 5-game winning streak, or host the championship game at Cowboys stadium.

So, I'm taking the Cowboys to win it all over the Colts.

Eagle Eyes
01-04-2010, 01:19 PM
Chargers vs Cowboys

ziggy29
01-04-2010, 01:21 PM
If the Vikings win, I'm going to projectile vomit. If you think the media deification of Saint Brett is bad *now*...

GrTigers6
01-04-2010, 01:27 PM
BTW: The Cowboys are ranked #14 in scoring. They will have to get better than that. I think (hope) Romo finds a way this year! The biggest problem with the offense not scoring points is Garrett getting conservative with the lead. They have scored on their opening drive the last 4 games. 3 of which were touchdowns. So the offense is clicking just fine. You cant expect them to score everytime they have the ball.

lvbears32
01-04-2010, 03:15 PM
Chargers vs. Packers

im goin out on a limb. wildcard teams have done well in the NFC and Aaron Rodgers has been playing well

Farmersfan
01-04-2010, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
You will just try whatever you can to find a way to paint Dallas O as a problem AND Romo as the main problem

Have the Cowboys struggled to score..yep, of course bad FG has caused some of that...but to say Dallas O has been mediocre is just plain crazy.

You can't sugar coat the FACTS Tx! I didn't make up these numbers and rankings. The Dallas offense is good at moving the ball up and down the field but is AVERAGE at scoring points.(even with the missed FGs). They are ranked #2 in total yards per game but #14 in points scored. I attribute that to the Wade Philips/Tony Romo offensive philosophy of "taking what the defense will give them".
And another FACT about football that might surprise you is that the defense is actually made BETTER when Romo plays a good game. Romo is more important to the success of this team than Wade, Garrett or any other player is. It looks like perhaps he has taken the next step to becoming a good QB but only a few more weeks will tell.........................I'm hopin'

Farmersfan
01-04-2010, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
The biggest problem with the offense not scoring points is Garrett getting conservative with the lead. They have scored on their opening drive the last 4 games. 3 of which were touchdowns. So the offense is clicking just fine. You cant expect them to score everytime they have the ball.

I would guess the exact play that Garrett calls is actually run less than 25% of the time. Romo reads the defense and audiables out of the play based on his reads. Wade Philips said as much after the Denver game when Romo threw the slant to Hurd two times in a row to end the game. Against Philly he read the defense correctly most of the time. Against many of the other teams, not so much! Fortunately the defense has held the other team in check and allowed Dallas to win 11 games. Garrett is FAR from the biggest offensive liability on this team.

Txbroadcaster
01-04-2010, 03:46 PM
You can't sugar coat the FACTS Tx! I didn't make up these numbers and rankings. The Dallas offense is good at moving the ball up and down the field but is AVERAGE at scoring points.(even with the missed FGs). They are ranked #2 in total yards per game but #14 in points scored. I attribute that to the Wade Philips/Tony Romo offensive philosophy of "taking what the defense will give them".
And another FACT about football that might surprise you is that the defense is actually made BETTER when Romo plays a good game. Romo is more important to the success of this team than Wade, Garrett or any other player is. It looks like perhaps he has taken the next step to becoming a good QB but only a few more weeks will tell.........................I'm hopin'

sugar coat what facts? Dallas as you said moves the ball at will..that is not a mediocre offense. YES I KNOW THEY STRUGGLE WITH POINTS RELATIVE TO THEIR YARDS..but they still are not a mediocre offense.

so now Romo and Wade have a philosophy that does not include Garrett? LOL

alot of reasons why they get a ton of yards less points are these

bad FG kicking
bad starting field position
the penalties.

those 3 things right there are huge killers to an offense. at one point this season Dallas had the worst starting field position average in the NFL..meaning driving 60 yards did nothing but put you in a position to pin the other team with a good punt.

mchavez
01-04-2010, 03:50 PM
Cowboys vs. Colts

Farmersfan
01-04-2010, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
sugar coat what facts? Dallas as you said moves the ball at will..that is not a mediocre offense. YES I KNOW THEY STRUGGLE WITH POINTS RELATIVE TO THEIR YARDS..but they still are not a mediocre offense.

so now Romo and Wade have a philosophy that does not include Garrett? LOL

alot of reasons why they get a ton of yards less points are these

bad FG kicking
bad starting field position
the penalties.

those 3 things right there are huge killers to an offense. at one point this season Dallas had the worst starting field position average in the NFL..meaning driving 60 yards did nothing but put you in a position to pin the other team with a good punt.

The offensive problems in Dallas has been execution related and not play calling. And since Romo is required to execute on every single offensive play the Cowboys run then Yes I think he is primarily responsible for this offense. (or lack of). And don't be fooled into thinking the Cowboys and poor Romo have had to overcome obstacles that no other team has. ALL TEAMS WORK THROUGH THE THINGS THAT YOU CLAIM KILLED THE COWBOYS!!!!

Once a team gets into scoring position the success or failure of the offense is based on decision making by the QB. Everyone is much closer to the L.O.S. and there is much less open field available. Decisions must be made quicker! Throws must be made quicker! Throws must be more accurate! All these things were lacking somewhat with this Dallas offense for a while. Maybe they have figured it out now! I hope so.

Farmersfan
01-04-2010, 04:52 PM
I have to go home Tx! But if you have time can you look up what the Dallas TD percentage is when in the Red Zone when compared to every other team in the league? I would be surprised if it wasn't average to below average.

sinfan75
01-04-2010, 06:19 PM
Colts vs. Cowboys with the Colts winning it all.

Gobbla2001
01-04-2010, 06:38 PM
Cowboys v. Patriots

Cowboys 24-17

12thMan
01-04-2010, 06:52 PM
I want Brett to win a super bowl so he can FINALLY retire!!

DU_stud04
01-04-2010, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by 12thMan
I want Brett to win a super bowl so he can FINALLY retire!! one isnt enough, he needs to come back for another season... i hear randy moss wants to finish as a viking, let him come back with favre for two in a row. :) haha

lvbears32
01-04-2010, 07:56 PM
I want Brett to win a super bowl so he can FINALLY retire!!

amen!

bobcat4life
01-04-2010, 08:04 PM
I want Brett to win a super bowl so he can FINALLY retire!! he will never retire.
he will just retire for 346 days (19 sundays ayear of no retirement)

turbostud
01-05-2010, 02:48 PM
Chargers vs. Cardinals
Chargers win

BEAST
01-05-2010, 03:13 PM
The biggest key right now for Dallas is a healthy Felix Jones. He can go yard on any defense. Without him the opposing team only needed to contain a bashing style runner in Barber. Thus, Romo and the offense were forced to pass more than was wanted. Now, with Felix doing his thing, it has opened up Barber to do more of his. That all opens up the middle of the field for Witten, and Creighton. And Miles Austin, he dont need much help, that dude is just sick. Couple that with the best D Dallas has had since the mid 90s', things look good right now for the Boys.

BEAST

IHStangFan
01-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by lvbears32
Chargers vs. Packers

im goin out on a limb. wildcard teams have done well in the NFC and Aaron Rodgers has been playing well I'm with ya....I think it'll be Chargers -vs- The Pack

Txbroadcaster
01-05-2010, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I'm with ya....I think it'll be Chargers -vs- The Pack

Still dont trust the Packer O-line..Rodgers has done better getting rid of the ball, but an O-Line weakness usually shows up more in play-offs

SintonFan_inAustin
01-06-2010, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
Colts vs. Cowboys with the Colts winning it all. Colts vs. Cowboys with the Cowboys winning it all.

coach
01-06-2010, 07:03 PM
the cowboys vikings eagles packers and saints could all easily make a run at the superbowl...i dont think the cards has what it takes. in the afc i like the colts and chargers. The boys did good wining their division bc if they can get past the eagles then id much rather play the vikings just because they have a history of beating favre and i dont want to see the saints again. if i were a betting man id say colts vs vikings in the superbowl

icu812
01-06-2010, 07:31 PM
I've been a Charger fan my whole life. Still got my old Fouts jersey from when I was a kid 30 yrs ago. This year things are falling into place for them to make a run; 1st rd bye, home field, then indoors vs. the colts if they are the team to beat. SD has played well vs. the colts in recent years so I like that match up. No -40 degree wind chill like the afc championship game in the 80's in Cinci and no having to play Steve Young/Jerry Rice like in their lone superbowl appearance. A little concerned about the Chargers lack of getting pressure on the QB without the blitz. Also, the ravens concern me.

Cowboys struck down by the Bolts in the superbowl.

Farmersfan
01-07-2010, 11:50 AM
I like the Cowboys chances in a rematch with San Diego. They are playing much, much better now than they were in that previous meeting.