PDA

View Full Version : Ok, Texans haters..............

Bull Butter
01-03-2010, 04:09 PM
Your "Why don't you have a winning season and then we'll talk" argument is no longer valid:) :) :)

Gobbla2001
01-03-2010, 04:21 PM
They made us nervous as hell getting there... go oak and kc

Bull Butter
01-03-2010, 04:34 PM
KC 7
Denver 0

Baltimore 0
Oakland 0

BreckTxLonghorn
01-03-2010, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
KC 7
Denver 0

Baltimore 0
Oakland 0

That game saved kubiak his job. Heckuva game by the texans.

yoe64
01-03-2010, 04:52 PM
Yeah, no thanks to kris brown

Gobbla2001
01-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
That game saved kubiak his job. Heckuva game by the texans.
If anything it removed any doubt McNair had in keeping Kub for the last year of his contract... like most, i feel he would have come back win or lose...

Bull Butter
01-03-2010, 06:29 PM
KC 27
Denver 17

Baltimore 14
Oakland 13

Bull Butter
01-03-2010, 06:50 PM
One of the two is looking good....

KC 37
Denver 24 (9:52 left)

Baltimore 21
Oakland 13 (7:35 left)

Maroon87
01-03-2010, 07:17 PM
The Texans have haters?

TheDOCTORdre
01-03-2010, 09:09 PM
Irony at its finest, there are alot of Texan fans rooting tonight for a team, that if they win, will be there opponent next week

navscanmaster
01-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Irony at its finest, there are alot of Texan fans rooting tonight for a team, that if they win, will be there opponent next week

Necessary evil

Pick6
01-03-2010, 09:47 PM
Looks like the off-season is a little over a half away.

Txbroadcaster
01-03-2010, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Your "Why don't you have a winning season and then we'll talk" argument is no longer valid:) :) :)

not a hater..but a 9-7 season when again many were predicting a Texan breakout season IMO is not much to woohooo about. IMO this was a disapointing season for the Texans

IHStangFan
01-03-2010, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by yoe64
Yeah, no thanks to kris brown no kidding....talk about a bad year. Goes from a complete hero to a complete zero. What a bum this year.

ziggy29
01-03-2010, 10:16 PM
Unfortunately for the Texans, the Jets have played two consecutive opponents who really didn't care. I think the Texans are a cursed franchise at this point and will be until they make the playoffs.

If either the Colts or the Bengals cared more about winning than protecting health in their games against the Jets, the Texans would probably be playoff-bound at this point.

zebrablue2
01-03-2010, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by ziggy29
Unfortunately for the Texans, the Jets have played two consecutive opponents who really didn't care. I think the Texans are a cursed franchise at this point and will be until they make the playoffs.

If either the Colts or the Bengals cared more about winning than protecting health in their games against the Jets, the Texans would probably be playoff-bound at this point.

good old colts!! beat u twice, and give one away that would have helped..

DDBooger
01-03-2010, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
good old colts!! beat u twice, and give one away that would have helped.. I wonder if they won't pay for it. The Chargers are entering red hot, and imo will knock off the Colts.

IHStangFan
01-03-2010, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
not a hater..but a 9-7 season when again many were predicting a Texan breakout season IMO is not much to woohooo about. IMO this was a disapointing season for the Texans Many?? I'll give you SOME people predicted a "breakout" season...but many around here...including the majority of the local media predicted 9-7, 10-6......so.....

I think most of you Cowboys fans either don't remember, or weren't around for the "beginning" when the Cowboys took 5 yrs to even make it to .500....finally making the playoffs in 1966 and having their first successful year. From there they went on to become a contender. Everyone including your Cowboys has to "get there" and get over the hump.

So let's not be too quick to judge Cowboys fans...you were there once too.

DDBooger
01-03-2010, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Many?? I'll give you SOME people predicted a "breakout" season...but many around here...including the majority of the local media predicted 9-7, 10-6......so.....

I think most of you Cowboys fans either don't remember, or weren't around for the "beginning" when the Cowboys took 5 yrs to even make it to .500....finally making the playoffs in 1966 and having their first successful year. From there they went on to become a contender. Everyone including your Cowboys has to "get there" and get over the hump.

So let's not be too quick to judge Cowboys fans...you were there once too. Today's game you can put together a winner much quicker imo. ie. Panthers and Jags. Cleveland and Houston took the more traditional approach and lost for a while.

IHStangFan
01-03-2010, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Today's game you can put together a winner much quicker imo. ie. Panthers and Jags. Cleveland and Houston took the more traditional approach and lost for a while. Sure...it's possible...but because the Texans HAVEN'T to this point..doesn't mean they never will. Just using the Cowboys as an example that NOBODY usually just comes in and wins. There are always exceptions to the rule of course, but neither Dallas or Houston were that exception.

DDBooger
01-03-2010, 10:28 PM
Sure...it's possible...but because the Texans HAVEN'T to this point..doesn't mean they never will. Just using the Cowboys as an example that NOBODY usually just comes in and wins. There are always exceptions to the rule of course, but neither Dallas or Houston were that exception. That's understood, and the NFL realized that. Free Agency and supplemental drafts etc have quickened the process. I think managerial decisions and BUSTS just did in the Texans for a while. They have put together a team that I feel should have been MUCH BETTER. Shame. High expectations next year.

IHStangFan
01-03-2010, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
That's understood, and the NFL realized that. Free Agency and supplemental drafts etc have quickened the process. I think managerial decisions and BUSTS just did in the Texans for a while. They have put together a team that I feel should have been MUCH BETTER. Shame. High expectations next year. Absolutely....early on, I fully attribute their lackluster performance to management. This year, it just seems to be a combo of lack of desire at times, and ...well...missed FGs, LOL. I DO think they have the talent to make some things happen if they can just put together a full 60 mins. of ball.

DDBooger
01-03-2010, 10:35 PM
Absolutely....early on, I fully attribute their lackluster performance to management. This year, it just seems to be a combo of lack of desire at times, and ...well...missed FGs, LOL. I DO think they have the talent to make some things happen if they can just put together a full 60 mins. of ball. They need to learn how to finish, not having a reliable kicker is a problem.

carter08
01-03-2010, 10:39 PM
I hope the Jets stay on the gas and put 60 up tonight on the Bengals, and then do the same thing next week. Then they can hang another 60 on the Colts.

IHStangFan
01-03-2010, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Then they can hang another 60 on the Colts. LOL....uh....keep dreamin C-man.

statewide
01-03-2010, 10:56 PM
I'm a hater, there is only room for one Texas NFL team and it ain't in Houston. Guess they will get to watch the Jets in the playoffs but at least this season they won more games than they lost.

forum_guy
01-03-2010, 11:09 PM
I know the Jets have played 2 teams who haven't cared at all these past 2 weeks and are sneaking in the playoffs but i still think with that defense they are still capable of winning in the playoffs. I know we are upset that the Bengals are playing this way but the Texans did give away some games too.

IHStangFan
01-03-2010, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
I know the Jets have played 2 teams who haven't cared at all these past 2 weeks and are sneaking in the playoffs but i still think with that defense they are still capable of winning in the playoffs. I know we are upset that the Bengals are playing this way but the Texans did give away some games too. Absolutely...agree on all points.

JasperDog94
01-04-2010, 11:52 AM
If the Texans didn't go a pathetic 1-5 in the division, then they would be in the playoffs right now.:mad:

Gobbla2001
01-04-2010, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
If the Texans didn't go a pathetic 1-5 in the division, then they would be in the playoffs right now.:mad:

That's how I have felt since Jets/Indy last week, "You take care of business in your division and against AZ and NYJ and you're in the playoffs...", but yesterday morning my thoughts kind of changed a bit... more in the direction of how I feel on OT in the NFL (which I think is a great analogy)...

If a team loses in OT on the other team's first drive, you can say "If the team would have taken care of business in regulation, they wouldn't have lost in OT, it's their own part"... though that's the simple comment to be made, it's only part of the bottom-line...

the team that beat them in OT didn't "take care of business in regulation" either, but got the ball first and kicked a 50 yd FG on 4th and 3... why did they get the ball first? Was there some sort of strategy involved? No, they picked "heads" or "tails" and "lucked" out on the coin-flip... there was no competition involved in that coin-toss...

Now you can say "well the defense should have stopped them"... true, but this also is only PART of the bottom line... In a sport that is a true "team" sport, a game is played with special teams, offense and defense... if the game is won by the coin-toss winning team on their first drive, the other team's "full team" never got to play the extra QT... what other sport has that? Basketball? No... Baseball? No, the full inning is played with both units taking the field...

To me this goes along with what occured with the Texans missing the playoffs due to the Jets winning their last two...

You can say (and I HAVE said) "You beat the Jets in game 1, and AZ and do better in your division and you wouldn't have to worry about NYJ beating you out in the wildcard chase"... but along with the OT arguement, that's only PART of the bottom-line...

Broncos: "If the Broncos don't go 2-7 after starting the season 6-0 (take care of business), then they don't have to worry about beating rival KC to make the playoffs..."

Steelers: "If the Steelers take care of business, they don't have to worry about going into Miami and playing all of the Dolphin starters, who themselves still have a chance to make the playoffs and will be playing to win at all costs"

Ravens: "IF the Ravens take care of business they don't have to worry about going into Oakland and playing their starters, who seem to ONLY beat playoff teams..."

Jets: "If the Jets don't break into a mid-season slump (take care of business), they don't have to worry about finishing the season with wins against Indy and Cincy"

include the Texans, and you have 5 teams right there in the same situation, "if they would have taken care of business during the season, they wouldn't have had to worry about _____..."

So why does ONE of those teams get an unstrategic advantage over the others (OT: win coin-toss, don't have to play defense)? Is that FAIR competition?

I'm still in between on this issue really, I mean look at Mr. Welker and the Pats right now, but at the same time what did the Jets do that these other 4 teams DIDN'T to EARN two games at the end of the year against teams that would lay down? Nothing...

Now, I'd argue the Jets would have beaten the Bengals anyway, and probably will beat them this week, but Indy? anything could have happened but I think Indy still comes out on top and the Jets are not in the playoffs...

kinda sour graps kinda not, pretty much made this arguement with myself yesterday before the Texans game even started...

Gobbla2001
01-04-2010, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
many were predicting a Texan breakout season

Most were predicting 9-7, 10-6, wouldn't have been shocked with 11-5 etc... but 9-7 and 10-6 seemed to be the picks... I personally thought 10-6... finishing the season with 6 starters on IR didn't help 'em get my 10-6 prediction :(

but even with 6 starters on IR you can't help but think what it would have been like without all of those fumbles and missed FGs (hell two FGs and an extra point yesterday)...

very disappointing, TXB... from many different directions... :(

not overly happy about finishing 9-7, but realizing the injuries etc... I guess it could have been worse... will have to take comfort in that until next season...

Maroon87
01-04-2010, 04:30 PM
I predicted that the Texans would not only make the playoffs, but win the division.:nerd:

Gobbla2001
01-04-2010, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I predicted that the Texans would not only make the playoffs, but win the division.:nerd:

I wouldn't have been shocked... thought Dungy leaving Indy would knock the Colts down a tad, but still felt they'd go around 11-5 and still win the division... wrong... Actually thought Tennessee would be 9-7/10-6 after losing Haynesworth and factoring in Collins not doing so well (just the feeling I got.... right)...

Now on to the offseason...

Kyle Shanahan is going to DC with his padre... dunno who will take his place but I think we'll be fine there... Texans I believe are going to DC this coming season... also going to Denver... connections to Kub at both places...

Texans will be going to NY (NJ) to face the Jets and the Ravens will be coming to Houston next year (let's hope it turns out better than last year, was at that game and it sucked)... will be playing the NFC East and the AFC West... gunna be a tougher schedule next year....

Also, should be drafting 19th or 20th, depending on coin-flip (?) with Falcons... what are we looking at here? If the Texans part way with Dante Robinson I'd expect they draft a corner in the first round... interior lineman is a possibility along with a DT...

Gobbla2001
01-04-2010, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by statewide
there is only room for one Texas NFL team and it ain't in Houston.

read this post at lunch and it bugged me... thought about it and it's SOOOOOO close to the truth...

I go into work every monday/tuesday and no one is talking about the Texans ('cept the two guys I work with in my department since they know I'm a Texans fan, they'll pull for Houston in a step-brother type of way, but are big Cowboys fans)... but every monday/tuesday EVERRRRRYBODY (minus the random Steelers lady) is talking about the Cowboys, and I work 100 miles South of Houston, a lot closer to the Texans than the Cowboys...... everywhere I go people are wearing Cowboys gear... my parents and my step-brothers: big Cowboys fans... they're just everywhere...

but as I said, it's "close" to the truth... it'd take over 20-25 years of losing by the Boys and winning by the Texans simultaneously to get it even close (and it'd still be a bit far in my estimate)... but there IS room for two teams, you Cowboys fans just won't want it that way after a 1-2 record to the in-staters following the '10 season :D

Txbroadcaster
01-04-2010, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
read this post at lunch and it bugged me... thought about it and it's SOOOOOO close to the truth...

I go into work every monday/tuesday and no one is talking about the Texans ('cept the two guys I work with in my department since they know I'm a Texans fan, they'll pull for Houston in a step-brother type of way, but are big Cowboys fans)... but every monday/tuesday EVERRRRRYBODY (minus the random Steelers lady) is talking about the Cowboys, and I work 100 miles South of Houston, a lot closer to the Texans than the Cowboys...... everywhere I go people are wearing Cowboys gear... my parents and my step-brothers: big Cowboys fans... they're just everywhere...

but as I said, it's "close" to the truth... it'd take over 20-25 years of losing by the Boys and winning by the Texans simultaneously to get it even close (and it'd still be a bit far in my estimate)... but there IS room for two teams, you Cowboys fans just won't want it that way after a 1-2 record to the in-staters following the '10 season :D

all of that is because Texans are still new..Back when Oilers were around it was a Oilers city thru and thru.