PDA

View Full Version : Adam James at Celina

Aunt_Ester
01-03-2010, 12:43 PM
With all of the information out there, I wonder what Adam James was like when he played at Celina? Attitude, etc.

Looking4number8
01-03-2010, 12:57 PM
I would kind of like to know his stats. I thought I read he had something like 15 receptions for less than 400 yards and just a few TD's his senior year. If that is correct I am not sure how he got recruited at Tech no matter who his daddy is

Eagle 1
01-03-2010, 01:09 PM
From what I read yesterday:

Adam went to tech to play baseball, and he wasnt very good. The baseball team, after seeing his effort and ability, decided that he wasnt D1 baseball material, and got rid of him.

Mr. Craig James then went and asked coach Leach if his son could be on the Red Raider football team. Coach Leach let him on the team, and here we are today...He was NEVER recruited by Texas Tech to play football.

WildTexan972
01-03-2010, 01:10 PM
almost any comment even if they are FACTS on here gets me banned since the Celina powers don't want FACTS typed out, only rah rah crap....oh and we are to pretend to be humble...

but many of the fans had that WTH? look on when they announced Adam was a preseason nominated high school All-American....his high school career was not near good enough for that....his daddy made that happen....his senior season was mediocre....then his brother had a better senior year than he did and he got no interest anywhere....

I know I will get called an idiot for this since it does not toe the Celina company line, but go look at the numbers....they speak for themselves...and his college career has been no better....

marler1972
01-03-2010, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
almost any comment even if they are FACTS on here gets me banned since the Celina powers don't want FACTS typed out, only rah rah crap....oh and we are to pretend to be humble...

but many of the fans had that WTH? look on when they announced Adam was a preseason nominated high school All-American....his high school career was not near good enough for that....his daddy made that happen....his senior season was mediocre....then his brother had a better senior year than he did and he got no interest anywhere....

I know I will get called an idiot for this since it does not toe the Celina company line, but go look at the numbers....they speak for themselves...and his college career has been no better....

:clap: I think you just woke a hornets nest.

cr180t
01-03-2010, 01:20 PM
What year did he graduate?

marler1972
01-03-2010, 01:22 PM
i think 3 yrs ago

N4SIR
01-03-2010, 01:32 PM
Why does Adam James even matter or who is daddy is. I don't care how he played at Celina or at TT or what is work ethic is or if he felt like he had a sense of entitlement. The focus should be on what Leach did and what his actions were. There was no excuse for Leach's actions. What Leach's did and said make it very apparent he disliked and maybe even dispised the kid.

bobcat4life
01-03-2010, 01:33 PM
He graduated after the 2006 season. Grayshirted in 2007 at TT. Redshirted in 2008.

LE Dad
01-03-2010, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
From what I read yesterday: Wow!! So Leach let this kid, who by every single account has no desire to work to improve himself, on the team as a favor to his dad??

Now daddys little boy goes whining "they locked me in the closet daddy" and Leach is out the door??

I bet that closes the door on some walk on with Helicopter parents. This just goes to show ya what happens when you think you're doing someone a favor

:doh:

N4SIR
01-03-2010, 01:46 PM
So do you blame Leach for giving the favor? He could have said no and we wouldn't be going through all this crap.

wimbo_pro
01-03-2010, 01:46 PM
Question...has Leach or others ever said they were forced to take James?

Aunt_Ester
01-03-2010, 01:52 PM
I was really hoping that some Celina folks could give us some insight as to his character while he was at Celina. Im sure that some one had kids that went to school with him.

LE Dad
01-03-2010, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by N4SIR
So do you blame Leach for giving the favor? He could have said no and we wouldn't be going through all this crap. Yeah, I think it would be fair to say if Leach knew this kid had a bad work ethic and expected him to work for him then by all means Leach has to be somewhat responsible. I think he thought having Craig James kid might get TT some extra publicity. I guess he was right.

Old Tiger
01-03-2010, 01:56 PM
Q: What is a grey shirt?

A: A player that commits to a team and then pays his own way through school for a semester to preserve his eligibility.

wimbo_pro
01-03-2010, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Aunt_Ester
I was really hoping that some Celina folks could give us some insight as to his character while he was at Celina. Im sure that some one had kids that went to school with him.

It's early, Aunt Ester...someone will respond.

44INAROW
01-03-2010, 02:04 PM

I think most of us with an OPEN MIND have read enough to form a pretty good idea of how he was in high school. I know I have. Coaches - heed the warning.. No good deed goes unpunished :doh:

Aunt_Ester
01-03-2010, 02:10 PM
I have my mind "open".

Thanks Tex for your honesty.

I will be waiting patiently for any other Celina posters.

N4SIR
01-03-2010, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I think most of us with an OPEN MIND have read enough to form a pretty good idea of how he was in high school. I know I have. Coaches - heed the warning.. No good deed goes unpunished :doh: Good deed? More like idiotic deed in this case

44INAROW
01-03-2010, 02:18 PM
Good deed? More like idiotic deed in this case
I was referring to "letting" him on the team.. :hand: the kid didn't look abused to me. :weeping: :weeping:

my final comment on this..

CHEERDAD
01-03-2010, 03:40 PM
From Tech's site:
http://www.texastech.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/james_adam00.html

Phantom Stang
01-03-2010, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by CHEERDAD
From Tech's site:
http://www.texastech.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/james_adam00.html
CELINA HIGH SCHOOL
Celina High School in Celina, Texas ... played football and baseball ... Three-Star Recruit (Rivals.com; Scout.com) ... No. 30 tight end nationally (Scout.com) ... caught 24 passes for 374 yards and four touchdowns as a senior ... District 13-2A first team ... timed a 4.6 in the forty at the Fort Worth NIKE Training Camp ... participated in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl ... outstanding blocking abilities ... first-team all-conference and all-state honorable mention as a junior ... offered scholarships by Boston College, Mississippi, Tulsa and Wisconsin ... High School Coach: Butch Ford.

ssgmp5150
01-03-2010, 03:58 PM
I applaud Leach for putting James in a closet! Off the wall discipline should be utilized more these days to get these kids attention! It was blatantly obvious that James was spoiled rotten and daddy bailed him out of every jam he had ever been in before. So, this time, Leach called him on it and put him in a unique and demoralizing/uncomfortable situation! His health was never in danger! It was done to simply get a point across to this hard headed kid.... It was obvious that Leach still believed in the kid, or he would not be pulling a stunt like that to get his attention! He must have thought the kid had talent or he would have not wasted the time on him after a bad attitude presented itself...He would have just simply kicked him off the team! After all, it was Leach and Leach only that agreed to bring him on the team! None of the other coaches wanted to take him! He simply was not DI football material! Ultimately Leach's firing had little to do with locking Adam James up in a closet more than it did the university seeing an opportunity to cheat Leach out of money owed to him! Now this entire debacle has blown up in everyone's faces to include, Leach, the James family, TT faculty and administrators, etc..... TT football just got set back an entire decade! You will get little to no kids with real talent wanting to go to Lubbock now!!!

lvbears32
01-03-2010, 04:07 PM
i believe there will be some talented recruits heading to lubbock to play in that pass heavy offense. its the defense that will suffer and provide the biggest setback

ol country boy
01-03-2010, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by ssgmp5150
I applaud Leach for putting James in a closet! Off the wall discipline should be utilized more these days to get these kids attention! It was blatantly obvious that James was spoiled rotten and daddy bailed him out of every jam he had ever been in before. So, this time, Leach called him on it and put him in a unique and demoralizing/uncomfortable situation! His health was never in danger! It was done to simply get a point across to this hard headed kid.... It was obvious that Leach still believed in the kid, or he would not be pulling a stunt like that to get his attention! He must have thought the kid had talent or he would have not wasted the time on him after a bad attitude presented itself...He would have just simply kicked him off the team! After all, it was Leach and Leach only that agreed to bring him on the team! None of the other coaches wanted to take him! He simply was not DI football material! Ultimately Leach's firing had little to do with locking Adam James up in a closet more than it did the university seeing an opportunity to cheat Leach out of money owed to him! Now this entire debacle has blown up in everyone's faces to include, Leach, the James family, TT faculty and administrators, etc..... TT football just got set back an entire decade! You will get little to no kids with real talent wanting to go to Lubbock now!!!

This by far the best post on this subject.:)

BOCEPHUS
01-03-2010, 07:15 PM
I BETCHU LEACH IS A WISHN HE HAD LISTEN TO OTHER COACHES AND NOT OFFERED HIM A CHANCE TO BE ON TEAM..........................WHATCHU THINK?????????

Eagle 1
01-03-2010, 08:20 PM

Maybe they are still in shock that they got knocked out of the playoffs so early.
I wonder if whiney boy adam will go back to class at Tech after the first of the year?

bobcat4life
01-03-2010, 09:20 PM
I dont remember much about him off he field when he was here but I heard he was lazy and a "Daddys Boy"

bp80884
01-03-2010, 09:57 PM

Interesting post. With all of this said about Leach and this post, I ask myself if anyother great coach has ever done anything unique?

I wonder if Bear Bryant o Darrel Royal ever did anything that "put a kid in his place"? To bad we are more worried about a kid being put in a dark shed and less about the fact that Mike Leach had coached Tech to 10 straight bowl games, had a great track record when it came to the athletes and until this point only pissed the administration of Tech off?

In today's society, there are too many overbearing parents (ie Craig James) and because of that our kids are becoming wimps.

I have a question for everyone, during the Alamo Bowl, did anyone notice that they kept refering to Craig James and his family and not to Adam James? Seems like this is a pissing match between Daddy and Football coach and daddy one.

Craig James is a one man wrecking crew in college football. First, he and his Pony Express team mates are at the forefront of the Death Penalty for SMU football (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Methodist_University_football_scandal) and then he takes down all someone has done to build a College Football powerhouse in Tech.

I wish he would shut up and let Adam James deal with this. If he wants to impress me, support his son and don't fight his battles.

Black Swarm
01-04-2010, 12:09 AM
Went over to Rivals.
TT looks like the only offer he had.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/tcu/football/recruiting/player-Adam-James-38752

coachkiss
01-04-2010, 12:44 AM
I'll tell you what I know. Celina didn't throw a whole lot when he was in school, nor did they need to. What they needed Adam to do was block. His senior year he accounted for 22% of the team's receiving yards and averaged 16 yards per catch.

Celina's tight end this year caught 11 passes. The most I have seen a TE catch in this decade was Adam's last year.

Most of the time, the receiver with the most catches is the fullback or another back that gets split out some. Very rarely do TEs or WRs make a lot of catches. When they do, it is usually for big yards and touchdowns.

Adam was a good athlete. He had ability in baseball that never fully transferred to the field. He tried to crush the ball too much instead of staying within himself (how many times does that occur with high schoolers).

As far as attitude, I have no idea. I wasn't very close to the players on the team or the coaches at that time.

Old&Crusty
01-04-2010, 10:14 AM

The best I can offer is my neighbors kid went to school with him. When we talked about football, Adam never came up, good or bad. In my spectator opinion, he was a good player. Some of the locals, including me, were scratching their head when he got the Army game invite and the TT offer. Parents that know how the system works can get good schlorships for their kids whether they are athletes, scholars, or whatever.

I just never heard anything negative about the boy.

ssgmp5150
01-04-2010, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the info there crusty...Makes you wonder how in the world he got the Army game invite....I think dad was waving his magic wand again in that case!

Originally posted by Old&Crusty
The best I can offer is my neighbors kid went to school with him. When we talked about football, Adam never came up, good or bad. In my spectator opinion, he was a good player. Some of the locals, including me, were scratching their head when he got the Army game invite and the TT offer. Parents that know how the system works can get good schlorships for their kids whether they are athletes, scholars, or whatever.

I just never heard anything negative about the boy.

ssgmp5150
01-04-2010, 10:36 AM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Tech-fans-deck-the-Alamodome-for-Leach-Tech-pla?urn=ncaaf,211497

Here is a funny picture taken from a fan at the Alamo Bowl about Adam James' favorite T-shirt!!!

Rabid Cougar
01-04-2010, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Q: What is a grey shirt?

A: A player that commits to a team and then pays his own way through school for a semester to preserve his eligibility.

It delays the start of the eligibility clock only.
The player cannot enroll full time ( cannot take more than nine hours) at any college. Once the player enrolls full time, the eligibility clock starts. The player cannot gray shirt after that, only red shirt

waterboy
01-04-2010, 02:29 PM
:clap: :clap: I tend to agree with this post! I think, for the most part, this entails what happened. Of course, the powers that be at TT don't see it that way...........they had a prepared "apology" that they wanted Leach to sign, and Leach stood by his guns and said, "NO!", leading to his firing for "insubordination". You gotta admire that.:clap: Sometimes you just have to stand up and do what you feel is right, regardless of the consequences. Coach Leach didn't do anything that he felt was out-of-line, just trying to teach this spoiled rotten, rich kid some discipline, which obviously he's NEVER had before. Most of the greatest coaches in football have done similar punishment, or WORSE, and you never heard any about that. Good luck to the "Pirate", Coach Leach!:clap:

formercougar18
01-04-2010, 03:48 PM
all that i have to say is that i would sit in an electrical closet if i got to play for a D1 school on scholarship, i don't have a problem with Leach doing this especially if James wasn't going 100%. He showed up to practice that day looking like an idiot in his sunglasses and absolutely zero team gear. i completely get where Leach is coming from, There is nothing different between grabbing a kid by his facemask and cussing him out than there is putting him in a closet. Leach didn't inflict any physical injury on this kid, he just moved him away from the team probably because he was a huge distraction

coachkiss
01-04-2010, 04:22 PM
Honestly, you don't know half of what Mike Leach did to that "spoiled, rich kid" or some of his other teammates. Maybe someday the complete story will come out, but, for now you will have to trust me that this is the tip of the iceberg or the straw that broke the camel's back. You can treat human beings the way that Leach treated some of these players.

wimbo_pro
01-04-2010, 05:01 PM
Any parent who knows the ropes on college recruiting will have a good shot at getting schools looking at their kid vs. parents who dont know squat about it (assuming the kid has talent).

It sounds like the James' kid had enough talent to warrant a TTech scholarship. If he didnt, then that would mean Leach played an unqualified player. We know that couldnt be true!

Tired ole Bobcat
01-04-2010, 05:14 PM
James did not get any of the Celina Quarterback Club awards. His name is not mentioned. It will be interesting to see if he goes back to Tech for the next semester. I wonder if his dad faces any chances of loosing his job at ESPN? He was pulled from commentary of the bowl game.

Emerson1
01-04-2010, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Tired ole Bobcat
I wonder if his dad faces any chances of loosing his job at ESPN? He was pulled from commentary of the bowl game.
No. You can't fire someone because their kid was "abused" at school. Kind of a conflict of interest don't ya think for Craig to call that game?

LHSEagleFan
01-04-2010, 05:34 PM
Some of the shirts and signs seen at AlamoBowl

T-Shirt on the back said James 82, Daddy's little girl

Saw a lot of Team Leach shirts

A hat with "Craig, Adam called, he needs his diaper changed"

A sign that that had SMU crossed out with red X, Texas Tech crossed out with redX,underneath that was "Who will be on Craig's list next"

ESPN sign
E extra
S sensitive
P parental
N network

NateDawg39
01-04-2010, 05:35 PM
One of my friends took pics of some stuff and one sign had some rather derogatory writing on it about Adam and his dad.

OLE'BULL
01-04-2010, 05:37 PM
I am so tired of hearing about all of this honestly. The kid was a punk who had everything fed to him on a silver platter. He went to his dad to get what he wanted, like he prolly always had, and got it. His football career will probably suffer tremendously b/c of this, not to mention his social like. Ladies dont like a softy...

OLE'BULL
01-04-2010, 05:38 PM
*Life*

NateDawg39
01-04-2010, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by OLE'BULL
I am so tired of hearing about all of this honestly. The kid was a punk who had everything fed to him on a silver platter. He went to his dad to get what he wanted, like he prolly always had, and got it. His football career will probably suffer tremendously b/c of this, not to mention his social like. Ladies dont like a softy... I bet Tiger Woods is lovin it though lol

OLE'BULL
01-04-2010, 05:44 PM
HAHAHA! Very true. I just realized I havent even thought about ole Tiger since the Leach news broke...

JJWalker
01-04-2010, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by coachkiss
Honestly, you don't know half of what Mike Leach did to that "spoiled, rich kid" or some of his other teammates. Maybe someday the complete story will come out, but, for now you will have to trust me that this is the tip of the iceberg or the straw that broke the camel's back. You can treat human beings the way that Leach treated some of these players.
Did he yell at them?
Say a curse word?
Make them stand for extended periods of time?
Make them flip large tractor tires?
Roll in the dirt?
Be human blocking dummies?
Sit in a cold water bath?
Oh wait ... he made them say a prayer? (I believe that is actually a probable legal violation of some sort)
Made them practice in the heat?
Oh here is a classic ... run laps?

Give me something that is even part of an iceberg.

Only icebergs I have seen so far is a disgruntled parent and a disgruntled administration. And the HMS Leach stubbornly refused to use his rudder because he thought he was unsinkable.

LH Panther Mom
01-04-2010, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by LHSEagleFan
Saw a lot of Team Leach shirts
We bought Team Leach shirts in Lubbock over the weekend. :)

turbostud
01-04-2010, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by JJWalker

Give me something that is even part of an iceberg.

Only icebergs I have seen so far is a disgruntled parent and a disgruntled administration. And the HMS Leach stubbornly refused to use his rudder because he thought he was unsinkable.

Well they said the Titantic was unsinkable until it hit an iceberg and sank. Moral of the story, Leach is a douche for thinking he was unsinkable.

turbostud
01-04-2010, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
We bought Team Leach shirts in Lubbock over the weekend. :)

SUCKER!!!!!

LH Panther Mom
01-04-2010, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
SUCKER!!!!!
Maybe :p

coachkiss
01-04-2010, 07:50 PM
I will say that things he did are far, far worse than what you have listed. If I did them to my kids, CPS would be called. I cannot at this time go into specifics, because they were told to me in confidence.

I won't betray trust to give more specifics on a story. When I am told that I can share more, I will. Just be glad he isn't at Tech anymore.

ctown
01-04-2010, 08:25 PM
I know who shot JFK, where Elvis is living and where at least three parts of Jimmy Hoffa's body are buried but I am sworn to secrecy...

No, I don't know anything about Leach or James' progeny.

LE Dad
01-04-2010, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by ctown
I know who shot JFK, where Elvis is living and where at least three parts of Jimmy Hoffa's body are buried but I am sworn to secrecy...

No, I don't know anything about Leach or James' progeny. C'mon you can tell me the truth.:D It's not like anybody believes half the crap posted anyway:thinking:

Or do they:confused: :confused:

LE Dad
01-04-2010, 08:54 PM
I will say that things he did are far, far worse than what you have listed. If I did them to my kids, CPS would be called. I cannot at this time go into specifics, because they were told to me in confidence.

I won't betray trust to give more specifics on a story. When I am told that I can share more, I will. Just be glad he isn't at Tech anymore. Level 2 source with a super secret handshake:eek: :eek:

JJWalker
01-04-2010, 09:31 PM

I won't betray trust to give more specifics on a story. When I am told that I can share more, I will. Just be glad he isn't at Tech anymore.
What kids was Leach coaching? Adults call the police, not CPS.

NateDawg39
01-04-2010, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
C'mon you can tell me the truth.:D It's not like anybody believes half the crap posted anyway:thinking:

Or do they:confused: :confused: I heard Leach was forcing players to watch Pirates of the Caribbean every day for punishment :nerd:

LE Dad
01-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
I heard Leach was forcing players to watch Pirates of the Caribbean every day for punishment :nerd: :1omg!: That is horrible:doh: Did he make them go to a dark room?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

NateDawg39
01-04-2010, 10:05 PM
:1omg!: That is horrible:doh: Did he make them go to a dark room?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Actually, from the rumors I am hearing it was being watched in the "shed" and Adam was also forced to play opposite Mike Leach in the real time reenactment as they guy with the fake eye while Leach played Barbosa

LE Dad
01-04-2010, 11:17 PM
Actually, from the rumors I am hearing it was being watched in the "shed" and Adam was also forced to play opposite Mike Leach in the real time reenactment as they guy with the fake eye while Leach played Barbosa LOL:clap: :clap:

Gotta be true:D I read it on the 3ADL :thumbsup:

ctown
01-05-2010, 08:00 AM
I did hear that team members were forced to play Madden against Leach for hours on end to prepare him for his interview with Jerry Jones:lies:

BILLYFRED0000
01-05-2010, 08:36 AM

That tracks with what i was told as well. I have some old time connections at tech and was told that some things old Leach was doing was quote "very unusual". But what most people forget is today is the age of political correctness and that would be the last thing Mike Leach was.

pancho villa
01-05-2010, 08:59 AM
I heard he was punishing his players by making them play standaround (baseball) in a dark closet.

thelegend02
01-05-2010, 10:32 AM
I heard he made Adam James walk around the practice field with a bib on and a pacifier in his mouth.

Ex-Tiger2005
01-05-2010, 11:33 AM
Why does Adam James even matter or who is daddy is. I don't care how he played at Celina or at TT or what is work ethic is or if he felt like he had a sense of entitlement. The focus should be on what Leach did and what his actions were. There was no excuse for Leach's actions. What Leach's did and said make it very apparent he disliked and maybe even dispised the kid.

Amen!

Black_Magic
01-05-2010, 11:43 AM
Why does Adam James even matter or who is daddy is. I don't care how he played at Celina or at TT or what is work ethic is or if he felt like he had a sense of entitlement. The focus should be on what Leach did and what his actions were. There was no excuse for Leach's actions. What Leach's did and said make it very apparent he disliked and maybe even dispised the kid. Well Adam James and his father does matter. Because when you have a platform like they do to complain then it makes them different. Look . Leach was there for 10 years!! NO problems. What if he did what they claim? OMG!!! The guy had to stand in a closet??? Your gona fire the winningest coach in techs history because he made a kid feel bad???? He was not harmed. He was not kicked off the team... Point blank is that he was fired so they didnt have to pay him. This will set tech football back YEARS!! Ultimatly I bet The AD gets the boot and maybe the chanselor as well. The fans wont stand for this. The Boos at the game told us that. Leach will go on and be even more succesfull and will ultimatly be thankfull that it happened.

jockcity33
01-05-2010, 11:43 AM
what is really wrong with what Leach did? If a kid complained that the bright sunlight was hurting his head because of the effects of the concussion, then would it not be helpful to go to a dark place?

Phantom Stang
01-05-2010, 11:48 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by NateDawg39
Actually, from the rumors I am hearing it was being watched in the "shed" and Adam was also forced to play opposite Mike Leach in the real time reenactment as they guy with the fake eye while Leach played Barbosa [/QUOTE

By the time this thing is over, they're going to be doing a reenactment of the infamous but unforgettable scene from "Deliverance", with the Jameses starring as the hillbillies.:p

rockdale80
01-05-2010, 11:52 AM

You do know he is a 19 year old man, right? Not a child. If he didnt wanted to be treated like a baby, then maybe he should have acted more mature.

waterboy
01-05-2010, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
[QUOTE]Originally posted by NateDawg39
Actually, from the rumors I am hearing it was being watched in the "shed" and Adam was also forced to play opposite Mike Leach in the real time reenactment as they guy with the fake eye while Leach played Barbosa [/QUOTE

By the time this thing is over, they're going to be doing a reenactment of the infamous but unforgettable scene from "Deliverance", with the Jameses starring as the hillbillies.:p
:doh: Oh, GREAT! Now I'll be hearing "Dueling Banjoes" in my head the rest of the day.......AGAIN!:mad:

:D

pancho villa
01-05-2010, 12:05 PM
I heard Leach cause he had all the Alpha Delta Pi girls partying in his office.

ziggy29
01-05-2010, 01:45 PM
I will say that things he did are far, far worse than what you have listed. If I did them to my kids, CPS would be called.
Not if your kid was a college-aged legal adult.

ccmom
01-05-2010, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
:doh: Oh, GREAT! Now I'll be hearing "Dueling Banjoes" in my head the rest of the day.......AGAIN!:mad:

:D

Who are you trying to kid? :confused: Everybody knows that banjo music is coming from your back porch! :p

pirate4state
01-05-2010, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
You do know he is a 19 year old man, right? Not a child. If he didnt wanted to be treated like a baby, then maybe he should have acted more mature. Amen! Actually, I think he is 20. Sure still a "kid" to people who are much older. Hell, I still call your brother a "kid" and he's 21! haha

Nonetheless, I am sick of hearing people refer to him as a "kid". Probably cause he is still acting like a big bady even though, legally, he is an adult! :rolleyes:

waterboy
01-05-2010, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Who are you trying to kid? :confused: Everybody knows that banjo music is coming from your back porch! :p
:hand: C'mon, mom! If I could hear it playing on my back porch I'd have to have bionic ears........I'm 30 miles away from the house!:eek: I'll bet you have that CD, though,.........huh?:D If not, want me to burn you a copy?;) I think you'll like this one.........check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tqxzWdKKu8

JJWalker
01-05-2010, 09:12 PM
I was having trouble stomaching the Orange Bowl, so I flipped the channel and found Scrubs.

You will never guess what was happening on the show when I got there.

Dr. Cox grabs a snivelling intern by the ear, twists it, drags him down the hallway, tosses him in a closet, locks the door and posts the big black security guard outside the door and tells him to hurt the intern if he comes out.

Anyway it made me smile.

LH Panther Mom
01-05-2010, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
You do know he is a 19 year old man, right? Not a child. If he didnt wanted to be treated like a baby, then maybe he should have acted more mature.
You do know he is almost 22, right? :p

IHStangFan
01-05-2010, 10:12 PM
You do know he is almost 22, right? :p someone needs to update the Adam James wikipedia page!!! :mad: :D

LE Dad
01-05-2010, 10:20 PM
You do know he is almost 22, right? :p Don't tell us tell his daddy or better yet tell him. :D

"daddy... daddy... he locked me in the closet daddy" LOL:p

It would be really funny had it not cost someones job:doh: :mad:

IHStangFan
01-05-2010, 10:24 PM
Don't tell us tell his daddy or better yet tell him. :D

"daddy... daddy... he locked me in the closet daddy" LOL:p

It would be really funny had it not cost someones job:doh: :mad: I have no idea why....but this reminds me of the Foxworthy skit...

"Airpwane....AIRPWANE!!!"..........."he's so smart!!" "Good lord, he's 14!!!"

LOL!!!

Ranger Mom
01-05-2010, 10:38 PM
My sons are 21 and 23....if their "boss" tried to lock them in a room, neither one would have done it They wouldn't have called their mommy or daddy, they would have taken care of it themselves.

That is what I can't seem to wrap my head around.....he really stood/sat/laid in that room for 3 hours???

What a wuss!!!:doh:

NateDawg39
01-05-2010, 10:45 PM
Now now lets not be up in arms against Adam...after all his daddy told him he would always be there for him and always get in the way of man hood and continue the tradition of destroying college programs

IHStangFan
01-05-2010, 10:48 PM
Now now lets not be up in arms against Adam...after all his daddy told him he would always be there for him and always get in the way of man hood and continue the tradition of destroying college programs LOL!!!! Awesome. That's love my friend....that's love. :D

rockdale80
01-06-2010, 12:38 AM
You do know he is almost 22, right? :p

hahahah...clearly he is a... well I cant say on here. Sounds like he needs to get the sand out and man up. Either you are on the team to play football or you are there to goof off. I am not a Leach fan, but we arent talking about this happening to a child. He is an adult and should have acted like one. He probably deserved worse.

Aunt_Ester
01-06-2010, 10:25 AM
Do you think he holds his daddy's hat whilst chasing "The Bandit"

Farmersfan
01-06-2010, 01:00 PM
A lot of different opinions being thrown around on this subject. Adam was a man. And so was Leach! I have known for years that Leach was a weirdo! More and more over time we will hear from some of his past and present players about some of his "WEIRDNESS".
My take on this whole thing is that first and forthmost Leach was there to coach the team. He had no business getting involved in the medical treatment of a player. As far as I know Leach has no medical training. Many of you mention punishment as a motivation for Leach to do what he did. I ask the question, Punishment for what???? Having a concussion? Being a weasel? Being a wuss? None of those things justify punishment. If Leach considered Adam James a wuss and didn't like his attitude then he should have been removed from the team.
But we have to understand that Leach was the one in a position of authority in this. He held the kids future with the Tech football program as coercion to force his will on the kid. Regardless of how "adult" we think Adam should have been it is a fact that Leach was in total control. If we give someone THAT much control over other people then I think we have a responsibility to make sure they exercise sound judgement when they exert that control. Locking Adam in a dark room accomplished nothing except to prove to everyone involved (Adam included) that LEACH was the boss! The Tech admin and the James family simply proved that Leach wasn't as much of the "Boss" as he though he was!

coachkiss
01-06-2010, 02:38 PM
I do realize that Adam is a man, and I was not comparing him to a man. What I was comparing was that there are some things you can't do to humans. If you do them to adults, you lose your job. If you do them to your own children, you get CPS called on you.

Mike Leach did immoral and unethical things to deserve his firing. What many of you want to focus on is one incident. For that, I cannot blame you, because that is all there is in the court of public opinion at the moment.

However, there will be a day that more things come out. When that day comes, you will see that this was not an isolated incident or aberration. This was the straw that broke the camel's back. Right now, the easy thing to do is to make fun of a 21 year-old and his dad. Right now, the easy thing to do is call them out and call them names.

Rarely is the easy thing to do the right thing to do. The hardest thing to do is to consider another person's point of view and reserve judgment until you know more facts. Try it.

Red&White_9x5
01-06-2010, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
A lot of different opinions being thrown around on this subject. Adam was a man. And so was Leach! I have known for years that Leach was a weirdo! More and more over time we will hear from some of his past and present players about some of his "WEIRDNESS".
My take on this whole thing is that first and forthmost Leach was there to coach the team. He had no business getting involved in the medical treatment of a player. As far as I know Leach has no medical training. Many of you mention punishment as a motivation for Leach to do what he did. I ask the question, Punishment for what???? Having a concussion? Being a weasel? Being a wuss? None of those things justify punishment. If Leach considered Adam James a wuss and didn't like his attitude then he should have been removed from the team.
But we have to understand that Leach was the one in a position of authority in this. He held the kids future with the Tech football program as coercion to force his will on the kid. Regardless of how "adult" we think Adam should have been it is a fact that Leach was in total control. If we give someone THAT much control over other people then I think we have a responsibility to make sure they exercise sound judgement when they exert that control. Locking Adam in a dark room accomplished nothing except to prove to everyone involved (Adam included) that LEACH was the boss! The Tech admin and the James family simply proved that Leach wasn't as much of the "Boss" as he though he was!

Has anyone wondered or asked how James got the concussion? Was it even football related?

Raider Red
01-06-2010, 03:41 PM
Why does everyone keep using the word "locked in a closet"? From everything I have read and seen, he was never "locked" in anything. Also, as I understand this entire mess, the trainer selected both places for Adam to be placed in, not Mike Leach. My understanding is that Adam James showed up for practice in civvies, sunglasses, hat on backwards, poor attitude and Coach Leach wanted him out of his sight. Yes, Coach Leach could have merely sent him back to his room, cancelled his scholarship, and in general, washed his hands of him. If Craig James had a problem with the way his son was being treated, he should have called and talked to Coach Leach before he went ot Kent Hance and the AD, Gerald Myers. It's called Chain of command. All places of business have it. Coachkiss keeps referring to things Mike Leach has done and this was just the straw that broke the camel, etc., all and I do mean ALL COACHES can tell you of times they wish they had dealt with a student or athlete differently. Was this a firing offense? I doubt it and I think Tech will pay heavily for the "rush to judgement"? Do I think Mike Leach handled this about as badly as you can? YES.!!! Do I think Myers and Hance handles it just as badly? YES!!!!

Eagle 1
01-06-2010, 04:16 PM
I do realize that Adam is a man, and I was not comparing him to a man. What I was comparing was that there are some things you can't do to humans. If you do them to adults, you lose your job. If you do them to your own children, you get CPS called on you.

Mike Leach did immoral and unethical things to deserve his firing. What many of you want to focus on is one incident. For that, I cannot blame you, because that is all there is in the court of public opinion at the moment.

However, there will be a day that more things come out. When that day comes, you will see that this was not an isolated incident or aberration. This was the straw that broke the camel's back. Right now, the easy thing to do is to make fun of a 21 year-old and his dad. Right now, the easy thing to do is call them out and call them names.

Rarely is the easy thing to do the right thing to do. The hardest thing to do is to consider another person's point of view and reserve judgment until you know more facts. Try it.

Really? What immoral and unethical things did Mike Leach do?
Share some of those "facts" with us.

OldBison75
01-06-2010, 04:35 PM
On many of the threads about this situation, people have complained that Leach was asked, or ordered to apologize for his treatment of James. I am attaching a copy of the leter text that Leach was sent as posted by the Associated Press. I see nowhere that this letter says he has to apologize for anything, just looks like the university was covering thier butts and setting some very reasonable guidelines while the investigation was conducted:

The text of a letter, dated Dec. 23, from Texas Tech officials provided to Mike Leach that was included in a court filing. Leach, who was fired Wednesday, did not sign the letter nor agree to abide by the guidelines set forth in it.

Dear Coach Leach,

As you know, we have been conducting an inquiry into allegations by a student athlete that your treatment of him, subsequent to his being diagnosed with a mild concussion, may have been injurious to his health and served no medical and/or educational purposes. Texas Tech takes these allegations very seriously. In addition to being unacceptable, if proven, these allegations constitute a breach of your employment contract.

So that we can carry out an inquiry that takes into account the safety of our student athletes and in addition, that is fair to the students, yourself, and the university, we have determined that you must abide by the following guidelines from this day forward:

1. All practices and other team meetings will be monitored by the athletic director or his representative. (Crossed out with the initials GB beside it.)

2. Any player claiming an injury will be examined by a physician and cleared in writing prior to practicing or playing. Decisions regarding whether an injury warrants suspension from practice and/or play will be determined by a physician without pressure from you or your staff.

3. You must recognize that the players you are working with are student athletes and that you have an obligation to treat them with respect and further to conduct yourself in a manner consistent with your position as an instructor of students.

4. You must at all times assure the fair and responsible treatment of student athletes in relation to their health, welfare, and discipline, and if you are not doing so, you must immediately cease any actions not in compliance with this provision of your contract.

5. There will be no retaliation against any student who has suffered an injury.

Again, these allegations are serious, and should they be substantiated will result in disciplinary action ranging from public or private reprimand, monetary fines or adjustments in compensation, adjustments in the term of this contract, up to termination.

Sincerely,

Guy Bailey

President

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

I have previously posted this on two other threads to show that the suspension was for refusing to agree to reasonable actions to protect the student and the University. There is no mention of any apology and no admittance of any guilt. Leach refused to sign and agree to these guidelines and was suspended. INSUBORDINATION

Leach then chose to take his employer to court over them enforcing the punishments available in his contract and in this letter. He was fired for insubordination , as per the statement in his contract. NO CASE FOR LEACH

Every time I post this, nobody will respond--like they can't find a way to beat this argument.

Farmersfan
01-06-2010, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
On many of the threads about this situation, people have complained that Leach was asked, or ordered to apologize for his treatment of James. I am attaching a copy of the leter text that Leach was sent as posted by the Associated Press. I see nowhere that this letter says he has to apologize for anything, just looks like the university was covering thier butts and setting some very reasonable guidelines while the investigation was conducted:

The text of a letter, dated Dec. 23, from Texas Tech officials provided to Mike Leach that was included in a court filing. Leach, who was fired Wednesday, did not sign the letter nor agree to abide by the guidelines set forth in it.

Dear Coach Leach,

As you know, we have been conducting an inquiry into allegations by a student athlete that your treatment of him, subsequent to his being diagnosed with a mild concussion, may have been injurious to his health and served no medical and/or educational purposes. Texas Tech takes these allegations very seriously. In addition to being unacceptable, if proven, these allegations constitute a breach of your employment contract.

So that we can carry out an inquiry that takes into account the safety of our student athletes and in addition, that is fair to the students, yourself, and the university, we have determined that you must abide by the following guidelines from this day forward:

1. All practices and other team meetings will be monitored by the athletic director or his representative. (Crossed out with the initials GB beside it.)

2. Any player claiming an injury will be examined by a physician and cleared in writing prior to practicing or playing. Decisions regarding whether an injury warrants suspension from practice and/or play will be determined by a physician without pressure from you or your staff.

3. You must recognize that the players you are working with are student athletes and that you have an obligation to treat them with respect and further to conduct yourself in a manner consistent with your position as an instructor of students.

4. You must at all times assure the fair and responsible treatment of student athletes in relation to their health, welfare, and discipline, and if you are not doing so, you must immediately cease any actions not in compliance with this provision of your contract.

Again, these allegations are serious, and should they be substantiated will result in disciplinary action ranging from public or private reprimand, monetary fines or adjustments in compensation, adjustments in the term of this contract, up to termination.

Sincerely,

Guy Bailey

President

I have previously posted this on two other threads to show that the suspension was for refusing to agree to reasonable actions to protect the student and the University. There is no mention of any apology and no admittance of any guilt. Leach refused to sign and agree to these guidelines and was suspended. INSUBORDINATION

Leach then chose to take his employer to court over them enforcing the punishments available in his contract and in this letter. He was fired for insubordination , as per the statement in his contract. NO CASE FOR LEACH

Every time I post this, nobody will respond--like they can't find a way to beat this argument.

I think this says it all! Leach has an ego the size of Texas and he felt slighted that the Lowly President would dare to standup to the almighty Leach. Many, many of the comments I have heard from Leach over the last couple of years have shown me the guy felt untouchable. He was rapidly developing a Bob Knight and Bill Parcels personality where he felt the world was his oyster and all things were his to control............ Success does that to a lot of people.

gatordaze
01-06-2010, 04:47 PM
Really? What immoral and unethical things did Mike Leach do?
Share some of those "facts" with us.

I think that he said that he was not a liberty or did not feel that it was appropriate to bring more information to this or any message board. Coachkiss has access to those that have a great deal of information as to what may have happpened and it is my belief that he simply wants the Adam bashing to subside. I am sure that he has known Adam and his family since he was a kid and I think he feels that Adam is being unfairly judged on this board in an absence of information. Do you really think this isolated incident caused this? If not could there be more to the story?

Coachkiss is a passionate advocate for Celina kids and I understand what he is trying to do and I also understand the boards desire for the "real scoop". It will all eventually come out in the wash.

Raider Red
01-06-2010, 05:09 PM
A person refusing to sign the letter as presented by Old Bison is not insubordination. I work in situations where I have to write reprimands attimes and present them to employees. They are asked to sign them as a way to PROVE THEY RECEIVED THEM. If they refuse to sign, that is noted on the bottom of the reprimand, witnessed and placed in their file. It is not considered INSUBORDINATION, nor is ita firing offense. If I, as an administrator, am not adhering to the contract I signed with a person, what recourse do they have but to go to court to force me to adghere to the contract I signed. Again, this is not INSUBORDINATION. If the person in charge is not upholding my contract and has suspended me unfairly, where do I turn to for justice? The A. D. or Chancellor who also want me fired. Come on. Mike Leach handled this badly, but Tech administration handled it even worse. And if any of you think that Mack Brown, Art Briles, Joe Paterno, or any other of the big time coaches don't have some "unorthodox" training procedures to deal with attitude and discipline issues, you are mistaken. The only difference is that most times an assistant coach is responsible for carrying it out.

wimbo_pro
01-06-2010, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Raider Red
A person refusing to sign the letter as presented by Old Bison is not insubordination. I work in situations where I have to write reprimands attimes and present them to employees. They are asked to sign them as a way to PROVE THEY RECEIVED THEM. If they refuse to sign, that is noted on the bottom of the reprimand, witnessed and placed in their file. It is not considered INSUBORDINATION, nor is ita firing offense. If I, as an administrator, am not adhering to the contract I signed with a person, what recourse do they have but to go to court to force me to adghere to the contract I signed. Again, this is not INSUBORDINATION. If the person in charge is not upholding my contract and has suspended me unfairly, where do I turn to for justice? The A. D. or Chancellor who also want me fired. Come on. Mike Leach handled this badly, but Tech administration handled it even worse. And if any of you think that Mack Brown, Art Briles, Joe Paterno, or any other of the big time coaches don't have some "unorthodox" training procedures to deal with attitude and discipline issues, you are mistaken. The only difference is that most times an assistant coach is responsible for carrying it out.

You are correct. This is not insubordination, by definition. But if Leach told them to go **** themselves, THAT would be insubordination. In other words, I bet there is more to this story.

Phantom Stang
01-06-2010, 05:18 PM
CELINA HIGH SCHOOL
Celina High School in Celina, Texas ... played football and baseball ... Three-Star Recruit (Rivals.com; Scout.com) ... No. 30 tight end nationally (Scout.com) ... caught 24 passes for 374 yards and four touchdowns as a senior ... District 13-2A first team ... timed a 4.6 in the forty at the Fort Worth NIKE Training Camp ... participated in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl ... outstanding blocking abilities ... first-team all-conference and all-state honorable mention as a junior ... offered scholarships by Boston College, Mississippi, Tulsa and Wisconsin ... High School Coach: Butch Ford.
:wave:

Phantom Stang
01-06-2010, 05:32 PM
Here's some video of him at Celina

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/Adam-James-Celina-TX-27493

OldBison75
01-06-2010, 06:21 PM
The problem with the letter and Leach's response was that he not only refused to sign the letter that he had received it, but refused to agree to follow the guidelines set forth in the letter. That is insubordination and is a suspension and/or firing offense according to the contract he had with the University. That contract is posted on the Lubbock tevevision station site and in the court filings.

Eagle 1
01-06-2010, 07:55 PM
The problem with the letter and Leach's response was that he not only refused to sign the letter that he had received it, but refused to agree to follow the guidelines set forth in the letter. That is insubordination and is a suspension and/or firing offense according to the contract he had with the University. That contract is posted on the Lubbock tevevision station site and in the court filings.
By NOT signing the letter, DOES NOT MEAN that Leach DIDN'T agree to follow the guidelines set forth in the letter.:rolleyes:

Eagle 1
01-06-2010, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
I think that he said that he was not a liberty or did not feel that it was appropriate to bring more information to this or any message board. Coachkiss has access to those that have a great deal of information as to what may have happpened and it is my belief that he simply wants the Adam bashing to subside. I am sure that he has known Adam and his family since he was a kid and I think he feels that Adam is being unfairly judged on this board in an absence of information. Do you really think this isolated incident caused this? If not could there be more to the story?

Coachkiss is a passionate advocate for Celina kids and I understand what he is trying to do and I also understand the boards desire for the "real scoop". It will all eventually come out in the wash.

Where did he say he was not at liberty or did not feel that it was appropriate to bring more information to this or any message board?
I dont believe there is anything else to come of this, but if I'm wrong then I will admit it. Until then, I will have to call "bs" on that.

wimbo_pro
01-06-2010, 08:07 PM
Here's some video of him at Celina

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/Adam-James-Celina-TX-27493

There is only one impressive catch in that entire video. But that doesnt matter...if he has the size, speed and athletic ability, then schools show interest.

OldBison75
01-06-2010, 09:34 PM
Eagle 1, according to the assocoated press, Leach refused to sign the letter and refused to agree to the guidelines TT administrstion laid out in the letter. They stated that Bailey even removed a requirement that all practices be monitored by someone appointed by Meyers after Leach did not agree to that.

They said that Leach then told Bailey he was not gonna sign the letter and was not agreeing to anything.

Not my words, but what assocoated press said that was included in the prepared court papers that were later not needed as Leach was fired before the hearing.

LH Panther Mom
01-06-2010, 10:17 PM
You ever play football & tick your coach off? Or did you ever do something to tick off your dad/mother and have them tell the other "get him away from me - I don't need to be around him right now"?

He showed up to practice in street clothes and sunglasses. The punishment (really) had nothing to do with the injury but rather his attitude, IMO, and was Leach's "get him out of my face!". My son spent the entire season on the sidelines injured. BUT - he was expected to be at practice, on time, every day, in school issued work out gear and participate in all team meetings and all work outs that he was "cleared" for with the doctors.

LE Dad
01-06-2010, 11:02 PM

Dear Coach Leach,

Sincerely,

Guy Bailey

President

Every time I post this, nobody will respond--like they can't find a way to beat this argument. OB, didn't really know that was an argument. Looked like info to me, but now that you posed it as such here goes.

1. The opening phrase of "as you know" leads me to believe that there was prior contact on the issue. What was demanded and asked of Leach who knows.

2. The phrase "injurious to his health" used in conjuntion with placing James in a room. Wow, that would scare the hell out of me that my boss thought placing someone in a room injurious.
Then you look at point 3 and 4 in the letter and think well placing James in a room was injurious what else might he think is out of line?

3. This letter is very vague. It does not state specifics at all. If you do not specifically state what Leach is or is not supposed to do how can he sign off much less abide by it.

There ya go:D

Eagle 1
01-06-2010, 11:18 PM
OldBison75 --I may not be real smart, but I know enough to know when I'm being covered with bull--it.
Really, and you still think Leach was being insubordinate?

gatordaze
01-07-2010, 08:32 AM
Where did he say he was not at liberty or did not feel that it was appropriate to bring more information to this or any message board?
I dont believe there is anything else to come of this, but if I'm wrong then I will admit it. Until then, I will have to call "bs" on that.

Page 2...

"I will say that things he did are far, far worse than what you have listed. If I did them to my kids, CPS would be called. I cannot at this time go into specifics, because they were told to me in confidence.

I won't betray trust to give more specifics on a story. When I am told that I can share more, I will. Just be glad he isn't at Tech anymore."

Eagle 1
01-07-2010, 09:16 AM
Page 2...

"I will say that things he did are far, far worse than what you have listed. If I did them to my kids, CPS would be called. I cannot at this time go into specifics, because they were told to me in confidence.

I won't betray trust to give more specifics on a story. When I am told that I can share more, I will. Just be glad he isn't at Tech anymore."

Ok, if its true then I'm sure it will leak out eventually.

Raider Red
01-07-2010, 09:19 AM
I am curious as to where people get there information. WimboPro referrs to Coach Leach telling the administration to *** you and Old Bison referrs to Coach Leach not only refusing to sign the letter but refusing to follow the guidelines. Where did you get that information? Were you in the room? Otherwise you are guilty of spreading pure BS speculation against a person you do not even know personally. That is just wrong. I do not condone Coach Leach's action anymore than I condone Adam James' attitude and actions. I think they were all wrong in their actions and it should have been handled better by all involved. But to speculate on this board about what they said in a private conference and to put it out there for all to read is wrong. People on this board and in life will now swear that is the gosh awful truth because they read it somewhere.

gatordaze
01-07-2010, 09:38 AM
Ok, if its true then I'm sure it will leak out eventually.

I am sure that it will.

What if there were events that coud not be easily documented that preceeded this? Would your opinion change? I am not saying that I know anything becasuse I do not. but for example, what if Leach threatened to run Adam off by making his life miserable at Tech. He could communicate this one on one and Adam could do nothing about it.

The only thing that I have been told is that he is staying at Tech and on the team. He must have significant support from his teamates to do this. Why would they support him?

jockcity33
01-07-2010, 09:40 AM
So if Leach would have signed this addendum to his contract, and if I am reading the addendum correctly, any player that is injured or that claimed to be injured cannot practice or play without prior written permission from the team physician or trainer. So by that statement any player injured during a game cannot re-enter that game unless the team physician writes a permission form. Maybe that is why Riley and Ruff did not put Potts back in the game during the Alamo Bowl. What if a kid got a cramp and the trainer had to go on the field to help him, would he then have to have written permission to re-enter the game?

OldBison75
01-07-2010, 09:58 AM
The associated press release I referred to in the first post I made on this subject was part of the TT court filings according to them, as is the contract. If you check the Lubbock television station websites ans news websites, the court filings were posted on them. Also, Lubbock County Court records are public record according to the FOI, request them like I have.

Ranger Mom
01-07-2010, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Red&White_9x5
Has anyone wondered or asked how James got the concussion? Was it even football related?

So have you heard something different?? I have....and what I heard wasn't football related.

Eagle 1
01-07-2010, 10:11 AM
I am sure that it will.

What if there were events that coud not be easily documented that preceeded this? Would your opinion change? I am not saying that I know anything becasuse I do not. but for example, what if Leach threatened to run Adam off by making his life miserable at Tech. He could communicate this one on one and Adam could do nothing about it.

The only thing that I have been told is that he is staying at Tech and on the team. He must have significant support from his teamates to do this. Why would they support him?

Now my example why some of the Tech players support him:
Some of the players at Tech may be afraid they may lose their scholarship or be kicked off the team if they cross Adam.
Heck, he got the coach fired in their eyes. :eek:
Think about it.

If Leach did make Adam's life miserable at Tech, heres a thought...now brace yourself.....MAYBE he had a reason.

I agree as a coach you have a responsibility to the health and well being to all of your players. But, what Leach is being accused of doing never put Adams health in jeopardy. Honestly, you have to be blind if you think Leach is the only coach who has ever pushed a player or players to do better by "picking" on them. Maybe Leach was just trying to "toughen" up Adam a little. Sometimes when kids are born with a "silver spoon" in their mouth, they become very disrespectful towards anybody who is in an authoritative position, such as a coach. I have never met Adam, but his actions to me tends to make me think he his a spoiled rich bratt that is use to getting his way. JMO.

OldBison75
01-07-2010, 10:31 AM
Eagle, I have never posted that what Leach did was harmful, only that because of his reaction when questioned by the administration and his refusal to cooperate during the investigation, he caused himself to be suspended.

You are right, every coach has done the same thing or worse as far as "picking on a player" they were having problems with. And, 99% of those players will either straghten up, quit, or hide in a corner and keep quiet. James was the exception and the fact that he has a high profile father was probably a large part of that.

James and his family tried to bring this situation to Leach and he would not return call. The coach has said in live interviews that he had gotten so tired of hearing from James that they no longer returned his calls. This forced the family to file a complaint with administration. And we all know where that led.

As you see, James and family, right or wrong, provided the complaint on December 16 or 17, 2009. On December 23, 2009, the investigation to that point resulted in the letter that Leach further refused to sign or agree to. Why is it so hard to see that James and family might have been the mouthpiece, but Leach did not respond and when he did it was with defiance to his employer.

BILLYFRED0000
01-07-2010, 10:50 AM
Look all this bs is just bs. Whatever happened it is obvious that Tech was on a witch hunt to get rid of leach. Or I should say the powers that be. This just provided a vehicle. And all you people who "heard" what happened, remember, it was just a lot of gas spread around by people with an axe to grind. Leach is gone because of his contract issues.

waterboy
01-07-2010, 10:57 AM
Maybe Leach should have filed a complaint for harassment.... If he had done that, maybe all of this wouldn't have been one-sided in favor of the James family's word. That would possibly have covered him, and he could've possibly kept his job, but........I digress. Leach was definitely a quirky feller, and his employers didn't like him, but kept him on because of his success. I know there will be more dirty laundry aired before this is over, but all three parties need to move on and put this behind them as quickly as possible. I'm sure there's plenty of blame to go around.......;)

Farmersfan
01-07-2010, 11:07 AM
You ever play football & tick your coach off? Or did you ever do something to tick off your dad/mother and have them tell the other "get him away from me - I don't need to be around him right now"?

He showed up to practice in street clothes and sunglasses. The punishment (really) had nothing to do with the injury but rather his attitude, IMO, and was Leach's "get him out of my face!". My son spent the entire season on the sidelines injured. BUT - he was expected to be at practice, on time, every day, in school issued work out gear and participate in all team meetings and all work outs that he was "cleared" for with the doctors.

I did play football and I did tick off my coach numerous times. But what does THAT have to do with THIS?
Leach didn't simply say, "Get him away from me"! He gave specific instruction as to what to do with the kid. If it was punishment then I don't have a problem with it as long as Leach was consistent with this kind of punishment. Which he wasn't! And Leach has stated it was because of Adams concussion and not for punishment which brings me back to my original post. Leach has no reason for dictating medical treatment of a player.

Farmersfan
01-07-2010, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Look all this bs is just bs. Whatever happened it is obvious that Tech was on a witch hunt to get rid of leach. Or I should say the powers that be. This just provided a vehicle. And all you people who "heard" what happened, remember, it was just a lot of gas spread around by people with an axe to grind. Leach is gone because of his contract issues.

I don't think this is accurate or even makes sense! Tech paid him very handsomely for his ability as a football coach. And I don't think he got fired for THIS recent nonsense either. Leach is gone for ONE REASON and ONE REASON only!!! HIS ATTITUDE! Perhaps someone should have locked him in the dark room also.

Raider Red
01-07-2010, 12:05 PM
Leach is gone for one reason and one reason only. Tech's AD and Chancellor did not likethe contract they were somewhat coerced to sign him to last february. It is obvious by the e-mails back and forth at that time that they were looking for an excuse to get rid of him.
I think it has been pretty clearly established that the trainer is the person who selected where young Adam would spend his time. Leach told him to put him someplace dark and uncomfortable, the trainer picked the place both times. Poor decision on Leach's part but understandable to some degree because of Adam's attitude.
Gerald Myers has never been a good AD for Texas Tech and many people have wanted him gone for years. He was promoted to AD to get him out of the Head basketball position so they could hire a good coach. He has forced Spike Dykes, Marsha Sharp and the winningest baseball coach to all get out of coaching. Now Leach. He needs to go but meanwhile he gets to hire the next coach. Sad.

marler1972
01-07-2010, 12:32 PM
I don't think this is accurate or even makes sense! Tech paid him very handsomely for his ability as a football coach. And I don't think he got fired for THIS recent nonsense either. Leach is gone for ONE REASON and ONE REASON only!!! HIS ATTITUDE! Perhaps someone should have locked him in the dark room also.

Name one D1 BCS college football coach that does not have a "Attitude"

Eagle 1
01-07-2010, 12:57 PM

Leach didn't simply say, "Get him away from me"! He gave specific instruction as to what to do with the kid. If it was punishment then I don't have a problem with it as long as Leach was consistent with this kind of punishment. Which he wasn't! And Leach has stated it was because of Adams concussion and not for punishment which brings me back to my original post. Leach has no reason for dictating medical treatment of a player.

Are you even keeping up with the facts or are you just babbling?
Seriously.
Leach told the trainer to put Adam in a dark place, but not "where" to put him. So how is that "specific instructions"?
Consistant punishment? Leach wasnt punishing Adam for having a concussion, he was punishing him for showing up in sunglasses, street clothes, walking lazily, and his over all attitude.
The only consistency is that Tech players are required to be a part of practice and participate as much as possible.
Is it really that hard for you to understand Farmersfan?

Phantom Stang
01-07-2010, 01:02 PM
Here's another video displaying James's blocking ability while at Celina

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/Adam-James-Celina-TX-27496;_ylt=ApO26fAJzyLaVTxeiu8TZS.qfJR4

Eagle 1
01-07-2010, 01:09 PM

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/Adam-James-Celina-TX-27496;_ylt=ApO26fAJzyLaVTxeiu8TZS.qfJR4

Any footage of him blocking like that at Tech?

Farmersfan
01-07-2010, 01:21 PM
Are you even keeping up with the facts or are you just babbling?
Seriously.
Leach told the trainer to put Adam in a dark place, but not "where" to put him. So how is that "specific instructions"?
Consistant punishment? Leach wasnt punishing Adam for having a concussion, he was punishing him for showing up in sunglasses, street clothes, walking lazily, and his over all attitude.
The only consistency is that Tech players are required to be a part of practice and participate as much as possible.
Is it really that hard for you to understand Farmersfan?

Don't attack me because you are too simple to understand the FACTS! You have already been shown many, many times that Leach was suspended and eventually fired for insubordination and yet you continue to be dense and talk all this nonsense. The University paid him a huge contract to COACH football and he did something(it doesn't matter what) that brought about a very serious complaint. Good, Bad, Right or Wrong does not matter at this point. The University Admin did what they felt they needed to do to protect themselves, the school and all the students at the school by putting it all out on the table with Leach and telling him that they were investigating this complaint and would get to the bottom of it but in the meantime he was required to agree to follow a few, very understandable, guidelines. He wasn't ASKED to follow them! He was told that they REQUIRED him to follow them! Leach refused to "AGREE" to follow the guidelines by refusing to sign the AGREEMENT stating he was made aware of them and would follow them. THIS IS INSUBORDINATION!!!! Don't tell me what other coaches do or what coaches have done for 1000 years! It makes no difference. Leach got caught! Leach got called on it! Leach reacted in an insubordinate way! Bottomline!

Farmersfan
01-07-2010, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by marler1972
Name one D1 BCS college football coach that does not have a "Attitude"

How does this matter one way or the other?

Eagle 1
01-07-2010, 01:30 PM
Don't attack me because you are too simple to understand the FACTS! You have already been shown many, many times that Leach was suspended and eventually fired for insubordination and yet you continue to be dense and talk all this nonsense. The University paid him a huge contract to COACH football and he did something(it doesn't matter what) that brought about a very serious complaint. Good, Bad, Right or Wrong does not matter at this point. The University Admin did what they felt they needed to do to protect themselves, the school and all the students at the school by putting it all out on the table with Leach and telling him that they were investigating this complaint and would get to the bottom of it but in the meantime he was required to agree to follow a few, very understandable, guidelines. He wasn't ASKED to follow them! He was told that they REQUIRED him to follow them! Leach refused to "AGREE" to follow the guidelines by refusing to sign the AGREEMENT stating he was made aware of them and would follow them. THIS IS INSUBORDINATION!!!! Don't tell me what other coaches do or what coaches have done for 1000 years! It makes no difference. Leach got caught! Leach got called on it! Leach reacted in an insubordinate way! Bottomline!

I see you didnt answer any of my questions, just more babbling.

Leach told the trainer to put Adam in a dark place, but not "where" to put him. So how is that "specific instructions" as YOU claimed?

How is that consistant punishment as YOU claimed?

By not answering my questions, you help make my point.
Thanks.

Farmersfan
01-07-2010, 01:48 PM
I see you didnt answer any of my questions, just more babbling.

Leach told the trainer to put Adam in a dark place, but not "where" to put him. So how is that "specific instructions" as YOU claimed?

How is that consistant punishment as YOU claimed?

By not answering my questions, you help make my point.
Thanks.

I did answer all this! It doesn't MATTER! He wasn't fired for this!

But I will address each item to make you happy.

I was responding to Mom's statement about Leach telling the trainer to just "Get him out of my sight" by saying he also gave the trainer specific instruction as to how to get the kid out of his sight. If the instructions he gave were not specific enough for you, deal with it! Like I said, it doesn't matter!

Consistent punishment means to punish ALL players the same way. What this means to people with half a brain is that ALL players with attitudes must be put in a dark room and kept there. If he was put in the dark room because of his concussion then I am once again back to my original statement that Leach had no business being involved in the medical side of Adam James. He should have told the trainer to get the kid out of my sight until he is cleared of his medical condition and then I will lower the boom on his little spoiled arse!!!!!!!!!!!! GET IT??????

Eagle 1
01-07-2010, 02:42 PM
I did answer all this! It doesn't MATTER! He wasn't fired for this!

But I will address each item to make you happy.

I was responding to Mom's statement about Leach telling the trainer to just "Get him out of my sight" by saying he also gave the trainer specific instruction as to how to get the kid out of his sight. If the instructions he gave were not specific enough for you, deal with it! Like I said, it doesn't matter!

Consistent punishment means to punish ALL players the same way. What this means to people with half a brain is that ALL players with attitudes must be put in a dark room and kept there. If he was put in the dark room because of his concussion then I am once again back to my original statement that Leach had no business being involved in the medical side of Adam James. He should have told the trainer to get the kid out of my sight until he is cleared of his medical condition and then I will lower the boom on his little spoiled arse!!!!!!!!!!!! GET IT??????

On an ESPN interview, Leach denied having told the trainer to put Adam in the utility room or the shed.
That is NOT SPECIFIC instructions as you accuse.
Pincock said injured players are expected to wear jerseys, cleats or workout gear to practice even if they are not participating.

LUBBOCK, Texas – A Texas Tech athletic trainer told university officials he did not agree with Mike Leach's treatment of receiver Adam James after the player was diagnosed with a concussion.
In an affidavit released Saturday by the university, Texas Tech trainer Steve Pincock said he told James he was "sorry" for having placed the player inside an equipment shed near the practice field.
On Dec. 21, Pincock spoke with Tech officials, telling them that he did not agree with that "form of treatment for anyone" and that Leach "wanted James to be uncomfortable."
In an interview a day later, team physician Dr. Michael Phy told university officials that James "may not have been harmed" but he "considered this practice inappropriate."

According to the affidavit, Pincock told university officials that "Leach was upset and concerned about James' appearance and attitude" when the sophomore showed up Dec. 17 for practice wearing street clothes and sunglasses. Earlier in the day, James was treated by Phy and diagnosed with a concussion. Pincock said injured players are expected to wear jerseys, cleats or workout gear to practice even if they are not participating.

LINK (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100102/ap_on_sp_co_ne/fbc_texas_tech_leach)

Ranger Mom
01-07-2010, 02:51 PM
I didn't have a problem with Leach saying to put him in a dark place.....I DID have a problem with all the profanity used as he told the trainer to put him in a dark place.

I don't see how anyone can blame just one side....there is plenty of fault to go around, IMO!!

Like I said earlier, I have 2 kids in school at Tech.....right or wrong, deserved or not, Adam James is pariah to the vast majority of the student body.

Farmersfan
01-07-2010, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I didn't have a problem with Leach saying to put him in a dark place.....I DID have a problem with all the profanity used as he told the trainer to put him in a dark place.

I don't see how anyone can blame just one side....there is plenty of fault to go around, IMO!!

Like I said earlier, I have 2 kids in school at Tech.....right or wrong, deserved or not, Adam James is pariah to the vast majority of the student body.

Tech will definantly have a black eye over this for a while. But I'm curious as to what you think the President or AD did that was wrong? If you told your employee that you expected him to act and work a certain way and he refused either implied or through his actions, would you be wrong in firing him?

marler1972
01-07-2010, 04:06 PM
Tech will definantly have a black eye over this for a while. But I'm curious as to what you think the President or AD did that was wrong? If you told your employee that you expected him to act and work a certain way and he refused either implied or through his actions, would you be wrong in firing him?

Have you read the emails from last year between Hance, Myers and Sowell?
They show and prove they were already planning somehow to fire him this year. This incedent with James was the match that lit the fire. I would bet there is not a coach out there that would sign what Tech wanted him to sign. That would be like your boss sitting at your desk with you everyday and watching every move you make. You would not stand for it either.

jockcity33
01-07-2010, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by marler1972
Have you read the emails from last year between Hance, Myers and Sowell?
They show and prove they were already planning somehow to fire him this year. This incedent with James was the match that lit the fire. I would bet there is not a coach out there that would sign what Tech wanted him to sign. That would be like your boss sitting at your desk with you everyday and watching every move you make. You would not stand for it either.

Where can I find the e-mails that were between Hance, Myers, and Sowell?

Ranger Mom
01-07-2010, 04:34 PM

I think they wanted him gone last year....and this just gave them an out!!

My husband talked to Tim Norman, who played for Tech in 2001/2003 era and who now lives and works back in Midland, last week. He was shocked...he loved Coach Leach and said his quirky ways just made him (Norman) a better person in the long run.

Phantom Stang
01-07-2010, 05:12 PM
Any footage of him blocking like that at Tech?
What's the title of this thread?

marler1972
01-07-2010, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by jockcity33
Where can I find the e-mails that were between Hance, Myers, and Sowell?

link (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/123109dnspoleachletters.2d4b0ea8.html)

LH Panther Mom
01-07-2010, 07:27 PM
So have you heard something different?? I have....and what I heard wasn't football related.
:wave: :wave: :wave: I have, but since it was just a rumor, I never posted it. :)

JJWalker
01-07-2010, 10:39 PM
I better bring this thread back to the top.

Because it is still more interesting than what Texas is giving me right now.

Mac Brown is gonna lock Muschamp and Davis in an electrical closet. :p

Aunt_Ester
01-08-2010, 04:48 PM
Dont let this one die!!! I just had surgery today and I need it to go all weekend.

waterboy
01-08-2010, 04:55 PM
Dont let this one die!!! I just had surgery today and I need it to go all weekend.
:eek: Surgery? What happened to you Aunt Ester?:eek:

Aunt_Ester
01-08-2010, 05:34 PM
a little cosmetic surgery to remove 4 of my 5 chins. Did you notice that all you have to do to keep a thread up all week is mention the hot current event topic and Celina. it works every time. Im gonna do it again. Any suggestions?

waterboy
01-08-2010, 05:47 PM
a little cosmetic surgery to remove 4 of my 5 chins. Did you notice that all you have to do to keep a thread up all week is mention the hot current event topic and Celina. it works every time. Im gonna do it again. Any suggestions?
Yeah........how about "Celina vs. Brownwood in '10", or "Does Rocket's Theory hold water?", or "Why Brownwood Sucks...", or etc.:stirpot: :evillol:

Aunt_Ester
01-08-2010, 05:58 PM
No Wait!! Tiger woods in Celina... or Jerry Jones hates Celina....

ctown
01-08-2010, 07:46 PM

That's a good one. Looks like most of the posts are non-celina peeps. It seems to be all the others circling who are keeping it going.

I say all of you are honorary members of the Vultures. Yall can't stop eating stuff that's already killed by someone else!!:1popcorn:

LE Dad
01-08-2010, 08:46 PM
No Wait!! Tiger woods in Celina... or Jerry Jones hates Celina.... :nerd:

:1popcorn:

Green Bling
01-08-2010, 10:08 PM
Board is way to quiet tonight!!

bobcat4life
01-09-2010, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by Green Bling
Board is way to quiet tonight!! very quiet...

LH Panther Mom
01-09-2010, 10:05 AM
http://img.freebase.com/api/trans/image_thumb/guid/9202a8c04000641f80000000096996ec

Eagle 1
01-09-2010, 11:44 AM
Maybe everybody has gone to the "tool" shed. ;)

JJWalker
01-09-2010, 07:12 PM
Now that a head coach has been named, what happens to Adam?

Obscurity in Texas Tech lore?

NateDawg39
01-09-2010, 07:15 PM
Now that a head coach has been named, what happens to Adam?

Obscurity in Texas Tech lore? Bring him on national television and bring Donald Trump in to say ""Your fired Adam James, your fired":cool:

even though he was never hired :p

bp80884
01-09-2010, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
That tracks with what i was told as well. I have some old time connections at tech and was told that some things old Leach was doing was quote "very unusual". But what most people forget is today is the age of political correctness and that would be the last thing Mike Leach was.

I laugh, people on here act like they are part of Tech's Board of Regents.

I have as much authority as anyone and I say let it fly or don't log on a High School site and quote unnamed sources. Dlo as Dave Chappell does and "Keep It Real"!

NateDawg39
01-09-2010, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by bp80884
I laugh, people on here act like they are part of Tech's Board of Regents.

I have as much authority as anyone and I say let it fly or don't log on a High School site and quote unnamed sources. Dlo as Dave Chappell does and "Keep It Real"! :iagree:

bp80884
01-09-2010, 07:35 PM

If he could fight his own battles like he blocks I think he would have given Coach Leach a run for his money.

As it stands, Daddy James is the fighter. I would rather have a child that could take care of himself then have a College Football waste of a scholarship type player.

NateDawg39
01-09-2010, 07:36 PM
I know things that happened at Tech, but I cant tell you what they are, I was sworn to secrecy through a source I cant name because they asked me not to....but lets just say something happened that I cant repeat :nerd:

Eagle 1
01-09-2010, 07:42 PM
I know things that happened at Tech, but I cant tell you what they are, I was sworn to secrecy through a source I cant name because they asked me not to....but lets just say something happened that I cant repeat :nerd:

Well you might as well go ahead and let the "cat" out of the bag as it will come out sooner or later. :D

bp80884
01-09-2010, 07:42 PM

Yeah, and this One Time At Band Camp, something happened with a flute that I just can't repeat due to a "Cross My Heart and Hope to Die Stick A Needle In Your Eye" promise I made with my 1st girlfriend.

How ever I did have to get a tetnus shot and now play the guitar!

NateDawg39
01-09-2010, 07:43 PM
Yeah, and this One Time At Band Camp, something happened with a flute that I just can't repeat due to a "Cross My Heart and Hope to Die Stick A Needle In Your Eye" promise I made with my 1st girlfriend.

How ever I did have to get a tetnus shot and now play the guitar! Well that just made me very uncomfortable :D

bp80884
01-09-2010, 07:44 PM
Well that just made me very uncomfortable :D

Yeah, and i now stand alot!

LE Dad
01-09-2010, 07:44 PM
I know things that happened at Tech, but I cant tell you what they are, I was sworn to secrecy through a source I cant name because they asked me not to....but lets just say something happened that I cant repeat :nerd: I am sure it is alot worse than anything that we have heard thus far. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It's OK to put it on here:D No one reads this stuff. :eek:

DO THEY?? :confused:

NateDawg39
01-09-2010, 07:47 PM
I am sure it is alot worse than anything that we have heard thus far. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It's OK to put it on here:D No one reads this stuff. :eek:

DO THEY?? :confused: OK fine I will tell you all...but in order to find out what I know you have to listen to a song from 1974 song by the Space Cowboy :D

LE Dad
01-09-2010, 07:48 PM

How ever I did have to get a tetnus shot and now play the guitar! No doubt that was the type of incident that Myers was worried about happening in the dark closet:thinking:

JJWalker
01-10-2010, 12:42 PM
I was surprised not to see Adam playing in the Army Bowl yesterday.

ssgmp5150
01-11-2010, 09:10 AM
LMAO!!!!

I was surprised not to see Adam playing in the Army Bowl yesterday.

Red&White_9x5
01-11-2010, 03:21 PM

Word I heard from someone close to the situation was that James got in a fight at a bar and got a concussion

WildTexan972
01-11-2010, 04:12 PM
that would be an angle not already spread all over town in Lubbock thus far....that would explain why Leach was not wanting to cater to his prissy behaviour on that day

Ranger Mom
01-11-2010, 04:23 PM
Word I heard from someone close to the situation was that James got in a fight at a bar and got a concussion

That was what I heard.....but figured it was just a rumor.

JJWalker
01-11-2010, 04:37 PM
That would explain the sun glasses.

Hiding a nice shiner.

But, there is no way that this would have gone unreported. It is too juicy.

LH Panther Mom
01-12-2010, 06:22 AM
That was what I heard.....but figured it was just a rumor.
I had heard the same & ditto on the rumor, which is why I never posted it. The same rumormill says the bar was in Post and he was still hungover when he was put in the shed.

Eagle 1
01-12-2010, 11:13 AM
I think the bar fight explains a lot and makes the story more credible from A-Z.

themsu97
01-12-2010, 11:18 AM

makes alot of sense since daddy was not there to fight for him...

Tired ole Bobcat
01-12-2010, 01:57 PM
Do we think his daddy did not know the whole truth when he started all this with a phone call?

LE Dad
01-12-2010, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Tired ole Bobcat
Do we think his daddy did not know the whole truth when he started all this with a phone call? He knew what Adam told him. Leach did not communicate with Daddy anymore due to all the hovering. I am pretty sure Adam did what every young man who depends on daddy to fight battles does. Spin the truth till daddy explodes. Bad deal that should not have happened. Now I am sure everyone involved wished it didn't, well except a few boosters and such...

:thinking:

JJWalker
01-12-2010, 04:16 PM
J D's Bar & Grill
208 N Avenue F, Post, TX (806) 495-0694

Is the only bar listed in the phone book for Post, Texas.

I believe there are a few media types on here ... might make a good freelance sports story if it is true.

Eagle 1
01-12-2010, 08:59 PM
J D's Bar & Grill
208 N Avenue F, Post, TX (806) 495-0694

Is the only bar listed in the phone book for Post, Texas.

I believe there are a few media types on here ... might make a good freelance sports story if it is true.

Call them and see.
I just might put their little bar on the map.

JJWalker
01-13-2010, 03:47 PM
Call them and see.

I bet you thought I wouldn't call. I did.

Now I have the scoop!

waterboy
01-13-2010, 04:33 PM

Now I have the scoop!
.......well........c'mon........what's the scoop?:cool:

Ranger Mom
01-13-2010, 05:06 PM

Now I have the scoop!

Yeah...what is it??

I am now hearing Crickets in Lubbock!!

LE Dad
01-13-2010, 10:05 PM

Now I have the scoop!

WELL? :eek: :eek: :confused:

Eagle 1
01-13-2010, 10:34 PM
Call them and see.

My mistake.
I meant to say " IT just might put their little bar on the map."

bobcat4life
01-13-2010, 11:36 PM
JJ, Whats the scoop????

Eagle 1
01-14-2010, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
JJ, Whats the scoop????

Yea, inquiring minds want to know.

JJWalker
01-14-2010, 04:19 PM
LOL ...

OK, OK ... here is the scoop.

The phone at the bar just rang and rand and no one ever answered! LOL

Sorry ... ROFLMAO ... would still be a great story to look into ... but for me it was a dead end. And ... I forgot to check back on this thread and let everyone of the hook.