PDA

View Full Version : affidavit's released against Mike Leach

Z-RO
01-02-2010, 04:40 PM
If you want the links feel free to just PM because they can not be posted on this board ;)

These pretty much seal the deal against Mike Leach

Z-RO
01-02-2010, 04:52 PM
Ok now that a few of yall have read these...what do yall now think about the situation?

JJWalker
01-02-2010, 05:00 PM
I think this is a legal matter now and the lawyers and parties involved can paint amazing pictures with the facts and lack of facts.

bigwood33
01-02-2010, 05:01 PM
I think he should have been fired on the spot. If he had treated my son in that way, I would have had a "closed door" meeting with him (Leach)...if you know what I mean. I have always thought that he was a profane, arrogant, condescending, jackass so this only cements my opinion. I know that he won football games but I cannot believe that Tech grads/fans have been ok with this guy being the face of the university and football program. He always has a scowl on his face and his attitude has always been terrible. I truly hope that TT can lure a quality coach to the high plains so that I can again pull for the Red Raiders.

Z-RO
01-02-2010, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by JJWalker
I think this is a legal matter now and the lawyers and parties involved can paint amazing pictures with the facts and lack of facts.

Have you read the affidavits?

skins4life
01-02-2010, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Z-RO
Ok now that a few of yall have read these...what do yall now think about the situation?

Personally I don't think he has a leg to stand on if he takes them to court!

LE Dad
01-02-2010, 05:21 PM
Have you read the affidavits? I read the 1st and believe me lawyers will manipulate the words around to make it look the way they want. Did not get to look at 2nd but even if it is word for word factual by the time Leachs lawyers get done it will be a twisted mess.

ie: Lawyer- So you stated that you did not agree with this action. Did you at any time express this to Coach Leach?

Lawyer- Were you suspended or oterwise disclipined for your part in these events?

That is just for starters.. Lawyers you just gotta love em!

ziggy29
01-02-2010, 05:25 PM
Certainly makes him look like a less sympathetic figure even if it doesn't change the details all that much.

It also doesn't change my opinion of Craig and Adam James, though.

BOCEPHUS
01-02-2010, 06:59 PM
I FIGURE HE'LL GET STUCK WITH A $1 MILLION SETTLEMENT AND BE COACHING OUT ON THE WEST COAST SOMEWHERE INSIDE OF 18 MONTHS.

OR HE GONNA OPEN UP A SPECIFIC LAW PRACTICE THAT WILL HELP COACHES DEAL WITH WHINEY ARSE KIDS AND THEIR HELICOPTER PARENTS ALONG WITH CHEESEY ARSE BACK STABBN ADMINISTRATORS. WILL BE CALLED THE SUMTHEN SUMTHEN ASSOCIATION OF FOOTBALL COACHES, EVERYBODY WILL JOIN TOO!!!!!!!!!

ALSO KNOW THAT TECH WILL DROP OFF THE HS MAP FOR TOP QB'S AND REC'S COMING OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL, AND SOME OF THE YOUNGER TECH PLAYERS ARE ALLREADY CHECKING THEIR HOLE CARD AND SEEING HOW TO TRANSFER OUT.

Emerson1
01-02-2010, 07:00 PM
Someone post it

JJWalker
01-02-2010, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Someone post it
Go to news.google.com and search "mike leach" you should find it.

There is cursing in the affidavit.

scrub c
01-02-2010, 07:44 PM
LOL
I can hear it now....
You WILL sign these affidavits or we will fire you too, just like we did leach...

This is ALL about money and a whiney, lazy, POS kid that wanted revenge. IMO

Eagle 1
01-02-2010, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
I have always thought that he was a profane, arrogant, condescending, jackass so this only cements my opinion. I know that he won football games but I cannot believe that Tech grads/fans have been ok with this guy being the face of the university and football program. He always has a scowl on his face and his attitude has always been terrible.

Sounds like the stories I have heard from players of Gordon Wood.

3afan
01-02-2010, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by scrub c

:rolleyes:

Eagle 1
01-02-2010, 07:58 PM
Dr. Michael Phy and head trainer Steve Pincock are just trying to keep their jobs.:rolleyes:

Pick6
01-02-2010, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
Dr. Michael Phy and head trainer Steve Pincock are just trying to keep their jobs.:rolleyes:

Kind of like the coaches who agreed with Leach before he was fired :rolleyes:

bigwood33
01-02-2010, 08:08 PM
Moron

Bullaholic
01-02-2010, 08:12 PM

Where did this come from?

Z-RO
01-02-2010, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by BOCEPHUS

ALSO KNOW THAT TECH WILL DROP OFF THE HS MAP FOR TOP QB'S AND REC'S COMING OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL

Thats kind of a stretch dont you think?

Eagle 1
01-02-2010, 08:15 PM
Moron
Name calling?
I thought you were an adult.
My mistake.

Pick6
01-02-2010, 08:17 PM
Name calling?
I thought you were an adult.
My mistake.

After you threw Gordon Wood out I think Bigwood was right.

Eagle 1
01-02-2010, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Where did this come from?

From this:

I have always thought that he was a profane, arrogant, condescending, jackass so this only cements my opinion. I know that he won football games but I cannot believe that Tech grads/fans have been ok with this guy being the face of the university and football program. He always has a scowl on his face and his attitude has always been terrible.

That sounds like the Gordon Wood stories I have heard from players who played for him.
He wasnt exactly liked by everybody.

Bullaholic
01-02-2010, 08:19 PM
From this:

So where is the Gordon Wood connection? Are you trying to be funny, or are you serious?

Eagle 1
01-02-2010, 08:20 PM
So where is the Gordon Wood connection? Are you trying to be funny, or are you serious?
I'm serious. Not everybody liked him.

bigwood33
01-02-2010, 08:22 PM
I did call him one name...and it is certainly an opinion. Everything else I said about Coach Leach were observations from watching him for 10 years (profane, arrogant, etc).

Bullaholic
01-02-2010, 08:25 PM

Ever hear of any coach who didn't have a detractor or two? I hear lots of things about a lot of coaches, players, teams, towns, etc. & etc. but I try not to pass them along in an open forum unless I have a verifiable, reliable source. Now, if this is your personal opinion of Gordon Wood--I won't disagree with your right to express it.

Pick6
01-02-2010, 08:28 PM
Ever hear of any coach who didn't have a detractor or two? I hear lots of things about a lot of coaches, players, teams, towns, etc. & etc. but I try not to pass them along in an open forum unless I have a verifiable, reliable source. Now, if this is your personal opinion of Gordon Wood--I won't disagree with your right to express it.

Funny thing Bull, Gordon Wood forgot more about football than Leach will ever know. Wood could coach offense and defense, something Leach couldn't do.

bigwood33
01-02-2010, 08:28 PM
There is no one that "everyone" likes. My experiences with Coach Wood were always positive. From the time he arrived in Brownwood until the day he died, he was a value to his community. He was famous for treating people like they mattered. His morning coffee sessions at Palace Drug were testament to that. I am quite sure that some people felt like they were misused or not given a fair chance (I know a couple too) to play but with a career that lasted as long as Coach Wood's, that is inevitable.

Cowboy_Up
01-02-2010, 08:37 PM
I realize everyone needs to have something to talk about, so based on your views you try to prove your case depending on which side you favor. But...an affidavit is nothing like being deposed or examined by an adversarial attorney.
There is no way it all comes out until the case goes to court and my guess is it never gets that far. After a few depositions one side or the other will know they are in trouble and it will get settled or fade away.

LE Dad
01-02-2010, 08:53 PM
The best example that comes to mind is University of Arkansas BB coach Nolan Richardson. He on 2-3 occasions in broadcast interviews called the AD and President of UofA "racist basta...s". Richadson most famously stated "they don't have the guts to fire me... I wish Frank Broyles would fire me... I dare Frank Broyles to fire me. " among other things. They did and Nolan sued. The Razorback Foundation pays him every year as part of a very rapid settlement. Insubordination was what UofA was screaming too and they had alot stronger case than this...

bigwood33
01-02-2010, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
The best example that comes to mind is University of Arkansas BB coach Nolan Richardson. He on 2-3 occasions in broadcast interviews called the AD and President of UofA "racist basta...s". Richadson most famously stated "they don't have the guts to fire me... I wish Frank Broyles would fire me... I dare Frank Broyles to fire me. " among other things. They did and Nolan sued. The Razorback Foundation pays him every year as part of a very rapid settlement. Insubordination was what UofA was screaming too and they had alot stronger case than this...
Different states, different laws. I am sure there will be a settlement but I imagine this will take a little while to conclude this. BTW, how did that work out for Nolan...no coaching opportunities for him since. He should have kept his mouth shut.

LE Dad
01-02-2010, 09:10 PM
Different states, different laws. I am sure there will be a settlement but I imagine this will take a little while to conclude this. BTW, how did that work out for Nolan...no coaching opportunities for him since. He should have kept his mouth shut. Nolan still coached for several years. He could not coach D1 though or he would lose $$ from the settlement.

ziggy29
01-02-2010, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Nolan still coached for several years. He could not coach D1 though or he would lose $$ from the settlement.
We should all be so lucky to be paid NOT to work...

bigwood33
01-02-2010, 09:16 PM
He wanted to coach again and constantly griped that it was a racist agenda that kept him from coaching. He has not had ANY D1 coaching opportunities.

Cowboy_Up
01-02-2010, 09:17 PM
Can anyone explain why the sworn statements were taken on Dec 21st (prior to termination) and not signed until Jan 1? Those types of things cause problems when you get in front of a judge.

bigwood33
01-02-2010, 09:21 PM
He says that he gave an oral statement on Dec 21st and that this sworn, written statement is the same as the oral one. That is certainly not a problem.

LE Dad
01-02-2010, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by ziggy29
We should all be so lucky to be paid NOT to work... Except someone has to pay for it... In Arkansas case the BB program cannot afford to pay a decent coach because of all the money they have to pay Richardson. I can see TT being in the same shape. Leach will probably get paid but the program will be paying for it.

LE Dad
01-02-2010, 09:35 PM
He wanted to coach again and constantly griped that it was a racist agenda that kept him from coaching. He has not had ANY D1 coaching opportunities. I don't believe he has actively coached anywhere in a few years. He coached some international team for sometime, but it sounds better to say "racist agenda" than it does " its all about the $$". I get to listen to quite a bit of UA talk radio down here and that settlement comes up every year. UA wishes he would find a job so they could reduce payments. He has no desire to coach D1 when he can coach elsewhere and get paid twice. If he did do you seriously think he would use phrases such as "racist agenda"?? I believe he has just about milked it for all it is worth though.

Eagle 1
01-02-2010, 11:23 PM
but I try not to pass them along in an open forum unless I have a verifiable, reliable source. Now, if this is your personal opinion of Gordon Wood--I won't disagree with your right to express it.
Its not my personal opinion, I never met Gordon Wood. Would a player who actually played for him be a reliable source? He told me stories about how coach Wood treated his players during practice, kicking them and stuff like that. You can believe it or not, but I have no reason to doubt the guy. He told me this stuff years ago while at guard drill in Brownwood.
Of course a coach couldnt get away with that stuff nowdays. You cant even put a wuss in timeout anymore. :rolleyes:

Diocletian
01-02-2010, 11:25 PM
Those documents are incredible.

I think the player was singled out for acting soft and being a panzy....which normally happens to a lot of players, but if these documents are true, the coach went wayyy over the top to single him out and make an example.

I have changed my view some toward the player since reading them.

Eagle 1
01-02-2010, 11:27 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Eagle 1 Dr. Michael Phy and head trainer Steve Pincock are just trying to keep their jobs.

Originally posted by Pick6
Kind of like the coaches who agreed with Leach before he was fired :rolleyes:

------------------------------------------------------------

Boy, the rats are bailing the sinking ship now, even after Leach stood up for them by saying "that he or nobody on his staff done anything wrong"......

Snydertigersrul
01-02-2010, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by scrub c
LOL
I can hear it now....
You WILL sign these affidavits or we will fire you too, just like we did leach...

I don't know you, but that makes perfect sense and is the truth.

Z-RO
01-03-2010, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
I don't know you, but that makes perfect sense and is the truth.

Because you would know huh :rolleyes:

LE Dad
01-03-2010, 01:27 AM
Pinnock was the one that chose where to place James. In his statement he says meeting room, which conflicts with James statemant of electrical closet. Mr. Pinnock probably hopes this goes away because those 2 stories will have to be reconciled one way or another. If it comes out as electrical closet, things could get really interesting. The funniest thing will be if James and Pinnock are allowed to testify with conflicting accounts. LOL