PDA

View Full Version : Engagement Proposal Ideas... anyone?

bwdlionfan
01-02-2010, 02:52 PM
So this has nothing to do with football, but neither do a lot of other posts on here.

I'm planning on proposing to my girlfriend next weekend (talked to her parents... did the old fashioned thing last week and they said to go for it)...

So, I'm wanting to ask her somewhere with some significance. Back when we had only been dating for a month I took her to this park that has a pond with a fountain and walkways and what not for a surprise picnic by candlelight. I'm leaning toward asking her there, but I'm running short of ideas. There is a small dock on the pond. The park has big grassy areas (very large park).... any ideas?

turbostud
01-02-2010, 02:56 PM
Dont do it. Stay single. Life is much easier.

bwdlionfan
01-02-2010, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Dont do it. Stay single. Life is much easier.

Already paid for the ring!

wimbo_pro
01-02-2010, 03:09 PM
Take her to a strip joint....do it there.

goosealaniz
01-02-2010, 03:11 PM
do it on here

skins4life
01-02-2010, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
Already paid for the ring!

Just make sure the wedding date isn't during football season!! ;) ;)

bwdlionfan
01-02-2010, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Take her to a strip joint....do it there.

She has a friend who works at one lol

bwdlionfan
01-02-2010, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by skins4life

Oh I've already decided it has to either be before or after this coming football season... she's a big football fan herself

skins4life
01-02-2010, 03:19 PM
Oh I've already decided it has to either be before or after this coming football season... she's a big football fan herself

Good!!

lvbears32
01-02-2010, 03:36 PM
im lovin the idea of doin it on here

JJWalker
01-02-2010, 03:45 PM
I say stick with the spirit of the season.

Lock her in an electrical closet.

Then propose when she is let out.

If she doesn't fire you, then she is a keeper!

bobcat4life
01-02-2010, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by lvbears32
im lovin the idea of doin it on here I think its a great Idea

or since she is a football fan wait until Brownwoods first game and propose at opening kickoff

lvbears32
01-02-2010, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by JJWalker

If she doesn't fire you, then she is a keeper!
lmao! wow, thats great

Green Bling
01-02-2010, 04:06 PM
I love the idea of doing it here, but I think she would prefer the park idea. That would make a great story to tell the grandkids!:) I'm afraid doing it here would bring you generations of ridicule.:D :D

Diocletian
01-02-2010, 04:09 PM
You can do what I did...knock her up.

Or...........Just do what Pedro did..."Build her a Cake or something.."

bwdlionfan
01-02-2010, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Green Bling
I love the idea of doing it here, but I think she would prefer the park idea. That would make a great story to tell the grandkids!:) I'm afraid doing it here would bring you generations of ridicule.:D :D

Yea I'm most likely going to go with the park idea... I need suggestions for how to do it though as far as possibly having decorations and different things set up.

It actually works well, because she is going home to visit her parents next weekend (the park is where they live)... so they can take her to the park just for the day as a family outing or whatever and I can already be there to surprise her.

Diocletian
01-02-2010, 04:18 PM
In all honesty you should do the exact opposite from anything you read here.

Whatever you do must be your decision, or you will live your whole lives together waiting for someone else to help you plan ways to make her happy....

Blue42
01-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Put a note in a bottle placed it along the bank of the pond let her find it and open it with the proposal.

bwdlionfan
01-02-2010, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Diocletian
In all honesty you should do the exact opposite from anything you read here.
Agreed!

Originally posted by Diocletian

Whatever you do must be your decision, or you will live your whole lives together waiting for someone else to help you plan ways to make her happy....
That's a load of crap

lvbears32
01-02-2010, 04:25 PM
u can put the ring in her food. its risky but it wont matter if it works...kinda like the patriots goin for it on fourth and 1 against the colts.

bwdlionfan
01-02-2010, 04:27 PM
u can put the ring in her food. its risky but it wont matter if it works...kinda like the patriots goin for it on fourth and 1 against the colts.

Will you supply the latex gloves incase she accidentally eats it?

Diocletian
01-02-2010, 04:30 PM
Make sure the diamond is big enough so she won't eat it....otherwise you might be in for a long 1-10 years...

lvbears32
01-02-2010, 04:30 PM
thats the risky part. like i said if it works itll b cool, if not.........oops

Blue42
01-02-2010, 04:33 PM
Yes and if she swallows the ring I don't think they will take it back so she has to accept.

Diocletian
01-02-2010, 04:35 PM
If diamonds can cut glass then it should rip right through her body and you won't have to worry about the gloves....just have your cell phone handy to dial 911.

lvbears32
01-02-2010, 04:37 PM
based on the comments im getting the ring in the food wasnt one of my better ideas.

Pick6
01-02-2010, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by skins4life

So far Brownwood that would be anytime after week 10 :D

lvbears32
01-02-2010, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
So far Brownwood that would be anytime after week 10 :D

ouch! thats ruthless

injuredinmelee
01-02-2010, 08:28 PM
catch her a tasty bass.

eagles_victory
01-02-2010, 08:39 PM
The key is the element of surprise you have to make her think it is not coming and don't hint towards it or anything. I like the idea of reliving a landmark moment in your relationship. But don't pop the question early because when she sees you bringing back the pond thing the idea might cross her mind. I suggest just go through the whole picnic or whatever idea and at the very end when your about to leave just go for it.

lvbears32
01-02-2010, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
The key is the element of surprise you have to make her think it is not coming and don't hint towards it or anything. I like the idea of reliving a landmark moment in your relationship. But don't pop the question early because when she sees you bringing back the pond thing the idea might cross her mind. I suggest just go through the whole picnic or whatever idea and at the very end when your about to leave just go for it.

........or u can put the ring in her food

Additup
01-02-2010, 09:01 PM
Definitely not this way...

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1774718

but best payback prank EVER by Streeter - Especially if he really he waited a year and a half to pull it off:

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1902812

bigwood33
01-02-2010, 09:14 PM
Take her to a romantic dinner (Gomez's) and then a nice drive through Riverside Park where you stop and pop the question! That would be PERFECT!

N4SIR
01-02-2010, 10:31 PM
Make sure it's not during hunting season also and when it comes time for having a little Bambino, make sure it isn't born during the high school football and hunting seasons.

N4SIR
01-02-2010, 10:32 PM
With the help of several of your friends, setup a big scavenger hunt with the final clue leading to you waiting there with the ring.

lvbears32
01-02-2010, 10:32 PM
dang N4SIR, u might as well make them a calender and be their secretary. lol

bobcat4life
01-02-2010, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by N4SIR
With the help of several of your friends, setup a big scavenger hunt with the final clue leading to you waiting there with the ring. dang where do you get all these ideas?

lvbears32
01-02-2010, 10:43 PM
dang N4SIR, u might as well make them a calender and be their secretary. lol

wow. i may use that

N4SIR
01-02-2010, 10:44 PM
Sitting here with my 22 year old daughter watching the TT game and she is giving me her ideas to relay on

N4SIR
01-02-2010, 10:47 PM
dang N4SIR, u might as well make them a calender and be their secretary. lol Sept - Oct - dove season, Oct - Feb quail season, Nov - Jan deer season, Apr - May spring turkey season and of course you can fish year round. My suggestion is to make sure she delievers somewhere between June and August. So back it up 9 months from there and get after it.

lvbears32
01-02-2010, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by N4SIR
Sitting here with my 22 year old daughter watching the TT game and she is giving me her ideas to relay on

oh ok! ur a faker!

Rocket Dad
01-03-2010, 12:08 PM
Your proposal should be sincere, simple, and private. That's all.

Green Bling
01-03-2010, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Rocket Dad
RD, has it exactly right! Do that and it will go great! Please, no ring in food or drink. Too dangerous and way too cliche!! Keep us posted.

TheDOCTORdre
01-03-2010, 04:13 PM
Do you have any known health problems because if you do that makes this scenario all the more believable. Take her on a date and everything is going smoothly, doesn't really matter where the location is, just pick a spot that is special for ya'll two. When you think the time is right fake a heart attack/stroke/ fainting spell/seziure, etc. something that will bring you to the ground and when she bends down to check on you and begins screaming "Please don't take him, Lord" you pull out the ring and ask her to marry you. And thats what I call an instant classic.

Another variation is to have a friend run up to you in a ski mask and pull out a fake gun and shoot you and then you follow through and ask her.

* If at anytime while you are havig your heart attack/stroke/ fainting spell/seziure, etc. or fake shooting and she doesn't check on you or seem concerned, then she is not the right one to marry

lvbears32
01-03-2010, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Do you have any known health problems because if you do that makes this scenario all the more believable. Take her on a date and everything is going smoothly, doesn't really matter where the location is, just pick a spot that is special for ya'll two. When you think the time is right fake a heart attack/stroke/ fainting spell/seziure, etc. something that will bring you to the ground and when she bends down to check on you and begins screaming "Please don't take him, Lord" you pull out the ring and ask her to marry you. And thats what I call an instant classic.

Another variation is to have a friend run up to you in a ski mask and pull out a fake gun and shoot you and then you follow through and ask her.

* If at anytime while you are havig your heart attack/stroke/ fainting spell/seziure, etc. or fake shooting and she doesn't check on you or seem concerned, then she is not the right one to marry

rotfl! thats terrible

JJWalker
01-03-2010, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Rocket Dad
Do it big! Don't listen to him!

Any chance you know Tony Romo?

If you do, you have him fake propose at the same time. Kind of a "Something About Mary" moment.

Then you could walk away crying like Ben Stiller. Because you know she is gonna take the chance that Tony isn't kidding.

lvbears32
01-03-2010, 05:54 PM
i kinda feel bad. he actually came to US for help and all weve given him is a way to kill her by choking on the ring (i take responsibility for that) a way to fake his own death, and a way for her to get married to tony romo. we should feel terrible...or not

Green Bling
01-03-2010, 08:04 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
[B]Do you have any known health problems because if you do that makes this scenario all the more believable. Take her on a date and everything is going smoothly, doesn't really matter where the location is, just pick a spot that is special for ya'll two. When you think the time is right fake a heart attack/stroke/ fainting spell/seziure, etc. something that will bring you to the ground and when she bends down to check on you and begins screaming "Please don't take him, Lord" you pull out the ring and ask her to marry you. And thats what I call an instant classic.

Doc, you surprise me! Hadn't realized you had such a mean streak!!

A:D :D

TheDOCTORdre
01-03-2010, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Green Bling

Doc, you surprise me! Hadn't realized you had such a mean streak!!

A:D :D

there's nothing mean about that, thats just making a memory that will last

bwdlionfan
01-03-2010, 11:08 PM
Nope, no health problems (that I know of)... and don't know Romo!

IHStangFan
01-03-2010, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by JJWalker

If she doesn't fire you, then she is a keeper! LOL!! JJ.....I get the feeling you have to beat the women off w/ a stick.

GreenMonster
01-03-2010, 11:22 PM
So this has nothing to do with football, but neither do a lot of other posts on here.

I'm planning on proposing to my girlfriend next weekend (talked to her parents... did the old fashioned thing last week and they said to go for it)...

So, I'm wanting to ask her somewhere with some significance. Back when we had only been dating for a month I took her to this park that has a pond with a fountain and walkways and what not for a surprise picnic by candlelight. I'm leaning toward asking her there, but I'm running short of ideas. There is a small dock on the pond. The park has big grassy areas (very large park).... any ideas? Set it all back up the same as you did the first time but post some friends hiding out in the bushes with video equipment and instead of serving dinner serve up the ring. After her reaction is videoed and she settles down a bit have the video crew (her friends work best for this because they will be really excited) pop up out of the bushes and surprise her. Then show her the video and let her start making plans. haha. Wish I could say that those are all my ideas, but I know a guy that pulled all of that off with the video crew hiding out and all. His g/f was totally shocked and was really excited that her friends were included in his plans and she loved that it was all caught on video.

TheDOCTORdre
01-03-2010, 11:40 PM
Nope, no health problems (that I know of)... and don't know Romo!

no health problems, well thats good. Thats why I provided the alternate plan where you get "shot"

Green Bling
01-03-2010, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
there's nothing mean about that, thats just making a memory that will last
See, this is why they say that men are from Mars, etc.:D :D

LE Dad
01-04-2010, 12:43 AM
Keep it simple, just do it on a day that you will remember and make the event simple enough to remember. These things tend to come up 10 - 15 yrs later. What you do will not matter but the moment will and women remember those moments much more vividly than men. :D

JJWalker
01-04-2010, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Keep it simple, just do it on a day that you will remember and make the event simple enough to remember. These things tend to come up 10 - 15 yrs later. What you do will not matter but the moment will and women remember those moments much more vividly than men. :D
You see? This is what happens when you do not get locked in an electrical closet. You get all soft and girly. Way too in touch with feelings and such. Dang.