PDA

View Full Version : Rank the Bowls

Bullaholic
01-02-2010, 01:03 PM
How would you, or how are, the bowls ranked in order of supposed prestige or importance? Of course, we know the NC is No. 1, but where would the others fall? The later the date of the bowl, the greater importance?

lvbears32
01-02-2010, 01:37 PM
1. nc
2. rose bowl
3. fiesta bowl
4. sugar bowl
5. orange bowl
6. who cares it aint a bcs game

blowfish
01-02-2010, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by lvbears32
1. nc
2. rose bowl
3. fiesta bowl
4. sugar bowl
5. orange bowl

Sounds about right to me!

bwdlionfan
01-02-2010, 04:43 PM
I think after the MNC you can't really rank the rest of the BCS bowls because they somewhat have conference alliances.

lvbears32
01-02-2010, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
I think after the MNC you can't really rank the rest of the BCS bowls because they somewhat have conference alliances.

i was basing it off of prestige

bwdlionfan
01-02-2010, 05:19 PM
i was basing it off of prestige

oh... on prestige I'd say Rose, Sugar, Fiesta and Orange. The Orange Bowl doesn't seem to get that much attention lately.

lvbears32
01-02-2010, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
oh... on prestige I'd say Rose, Sugar, Fiesta and Orange. The Orange Bowl doesn't seem to get that much attention lately.

its pretty clear the rose bowl is head and shoulders above the other bcs games

Diocletian
01-02-2010, 11:35 PM
I entirely disagree with the bowl rating system.

Those BCS bowls should be ranked and viewed by all from who's playing in them.

They hyped up so much about the Rose Bowl this year...and mentioned almost nothing about the Florida game... hell ESPN acted like Pryor and his mediocre performance was enough to crown him Tebow or something....

Fact is Florida would run right over OSU or Oregon. They should have hyped that bowl more. They even did a special after the game interviewing OSU players like they had won the Superbowl....it was pathetic.

If society is going to crown certain end games higher than the other...then the higher ranked teams should play in them. I want to see Florida play TCU in the Rose Bowl....now that would be a hell of a talked about match.

lvbears32
01-02-2010, 11:39 PM
i completely agree

bobcat4life
01-03-2010, 03:40 AM
1. nc
2. rose bowl
3. fiesta bowl
4. sugar bowl
5. orange bowl
that sounds good. the Sugar bowl and Fiesta Bowl are pretty much interchaneable in something like this