Liberty Hill

lvbears32
01-02-2010, 01:28 PM
word has it nobody wants to play us

Blue42
01-02-2010, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by lvbears32
word has it nobody wants to play us
I hear that Cuero will play La Vernia the next 2 years but only if we play at Cuero
last 4 years games played at Cuero , Gobblers 90 Bears 16
games played at La Vernia ,Bears 41 Gobblers 32
note all games played at La Vernia were homecoming games
The Bears get too fired up at home to contain.

bulldog82
01-02-2010, 03:53 PM
word has it nobody wants to play us who wouldnt want to play yall ? I hope we still play yall. we suppose to be scared or something ?

Snydertigersrul
01-02-2010, 03:57 PM
Every team fears the Snyder Tigers

lvbears32
01-02-2010, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Blue42
I hear that Cuero will play La Vernia the next 2 years but only if we play at Cuero

i would love to play cuero to finish up my hs career, and i wish we could find a way to play

bobcat4life
01-02-2010, 04:00 PM
This more of a wish list but:
Cuero (So I can see Trent Jackson play)
Gilmer (lets see how much the Stump meant now that he's gone)
Abilene Wylie (meet halfway at Jerryworld)
Sherman (always wanted to play them)
Brownwood (gotta have an easy one in there somewhere)

Blue42
01-02-2010, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Every team fears the Snyder Tigers
I would not say every team but some of the weaker Pop Warner ones do.

lvbears32
01-02-2010, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by bulldog82
who wouldnt want to play yall ? I hope we still play yall. we suppose to be scared or something ?

sorry to break it too ya. were scrimmaging instead of playing

44INAROW
01-02-2010, 05:22 PM
I would not say every team but some of the weaker Pop Warner ones do.

:D :D :D

bulldog82
01-02-2010, 05:53 PM
sorry to break it too ya. were scrimmaging instead of playing still, are we supose to be scared? bring it.

bigwood33
01-02-2010, 06:08 PM
We need to try to learn to win so I hope we can schedule 5 cream puffs! I wish we were good enough to have a tough schedule (we did that the last 2 years) but we aren't ready yet.

lvbears32
01-02-2010, 06:11 PM
still, are we supose to be scared? bring it.

ask cole hubbell if yall should be scared

bulldog82
01-02-2010, 09:13 PM
ask cole hubbell if yall should be scared he's right here, he said thanks for convincing our coaches to get a face shield, kept him out for all of 3qtrs, nice try

lvbears32
01-02-2010, 09:18 PM
he's right here, he said thanks for convincing our coaches to get a face shield, kept him out for all of 3qtrs, nice try

all i gotta say is 16-7

N4SIR
01-02-2010, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
This more of a wish list but:
Cuero (So I can see Trent Jackson play)
Gilmer (lets see how much the Stump meant now that he's gone)
Abilene Wylie (meet halfway at Jerryworld)
Sherman (always wanted to play them)
Brownwood (gotta have an easy one in there somewhere) I would like to see Celina going into District play with an 0- 5 record.

lvbears32
01-02-2010, 09:34 PM
the way celina plays they may finish the year 11-5 if they start 0-5

N4SIR
01-02-2010, 09:47 PM
That's for sure. But ---- if they had to face an East Texas team that might be in question, considering their 0 - 5 record against Daingerfield, Gilmer and Carthage.

lvbears32
01-02-2010, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by N4SIR
That's for sure. But ---- if they had to face an East Texas team that might be in question, considering their 0 - 5 record against Daingerfield, Gilmer and Carthage.

true but celina tends to play at another level in the playoffs. theres something about lose tonite and your finished that motivates the top teams regardless of who u played in the past

N4SIR
01-02-2010, 10:10 PM
Can't disagree. But 3 of those 5 loses were playoff games. The loss to Carthage was the State Championship and the loses to Daingerfield and Gilmer were Semi or Quarter final games. The other 2 Daingerfield loses were regular season non-district games

lvbears32
01-02-2010, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by N4SIR
Can't disagree. But 3 of those 5 loses were playoff games. The loss to Carthage was the State Championship and the loses to Daingerfield and Gilmer were Semi or Quarter final games. The other 2 Daingerfield loses were regular season non-district games

i just hope celina can have a better year, cuz i love watchin them play in the deeper rounds of the playoffs

bobcat4life
01-02-2010, 10:34 PM
i just hope celina can have a better year, cuz i love watchin them play in the deeper rounds of the playoffs I agree. Its fun to watch em late in the year.

lvbears32
01-02-2010, 10:36 PM
I agree. Its fun to watch em late in the year.

them and liberty hill. i love that smashmouth football

bobcat4life
01-03-2010, 12:28 AM
them and liberty hill. i love that smashmouth football Yea I agree. I want to see how LH rebounds from such a bad year

lvbears32
01-03-2010, 12:52 AM
Yea I agree. I want to see how LH rebounds from such a bad year

same here. and judging by the heart iv seen from the past LH teams theyll bounce back. i would love to see a liberty hill/la vernia game and even a celina/la vernia game

gatordaze
01-03-2010, 09:21 AM
I personally want an easier pre-district schedule. We lost several kids to injury the past two years that impacted the team during the part of the year that matters. Although I think t helps get the boys ready for district, at what cost?

We will pick up Pilot Point either way, (district or not), probably pick up Aubrey, always play Prosper. May lose Argyle and pick up a Frisco school. I think that is tough enough for the regular season.

12thMan
01-04-2010, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
I personally want an easier pre-district schedule. We lost several kids to injury the past two years that impacted the team during the part of the year that matters. Although I think t helps get the boys ready for district, at what cost?

We will pick up Pilot Point either way, (district or not), probably pick up Aubrey, always play Prosper. May lose Argyle and pick up a Frisco school. I think that is tough enough for the regular season.

I have to agree somewhat. All we heard here in cuero is that we never play anybody. Well, I haven't heard anything since the Sealy game!

For us it worked out fine. We made it through the season into the playoffs without getting hurt. Thank God.

But I can see where playing stronger teams can help you.

cowboy50
01-05-2010, 11:42 AM
yoakum
refugio
cuero
industial
rice cons.

not going to happen, and some may wind up in the same district, but this is what i would do.

BEAST
01-05-2010, 12:33 PM
It works both ways. This past season we were still playing the preseason schedule that Coach Freeman set up. He liked to play the hardest teams possible. On alot of occasions it worked out. We had semi, and quarter-final runs the last few years in 4A. Our records were 9-5 & 7-7 but those losses came to Abilene High, Abilene Cooper, we played Permian, Temple, Ville, I cant remember all of them. On the other side of the coin, there were a couple of years in a role that injuries totally killed us. We managed to get healthy enough for a playoff birth but thats about it.

Now under Shipley, I dont know how he likes to do it. I have heard he does not want to play Burnet unless its district. He just doesnt like coaching against his old school. I have heard that there may be some trouble with us and Stephenville playing also. Not real sure what that is about. For me, I would like to start off with a quality opponent, then have a little easier one for the 2-4th games. Then, end pre-district with another top notch opponent. But, I geuss we will have to see how Shipley likes to do it.

BEAST

Yoe_09
01-05-2010, 01:02 PM
Lexington
Lorena
Waco Connally
Rockdale

or

Lexington
Rogers
Rosebud-Lott
Rockdale

Green Bling
01-05-2010, 07:23 PM

The problem with playing LV in LV is the number of seats on the visitors' side. We always bring a huge crowd. The last time we played ya'll there we brought chairs and sat by the fence. That's not all bad either. At any rate, love playing the Bears. Maybe we'll end up in the same district.:D :D

lvbears32
01-05-2010, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Green Bling
The problem with playing LV in LV is the number of seats on the visitors' side. We always bring a huge crowd. The last time we played ya'll there we brought chairs and sat by the fence. That's not all bad either. At any rate, love playing the Bears. Maybe we'll end up in the same district.:D :D

by this upcoming season the home bleachers will be the new visitor bleachers and the old visitor bleachers are being expanded to become the nrew home bleachers...were also gettin turf!

Green Bling
01-05-2010, 08:22 PM
by this upcoming season the home bleachers will be the new visitor bleachers and the old visitor bleachers are being expanded to become the nrew home bleachers...were also gettin turf!
Now that is great news!! Congrats!! Ya'll deserve the upgrade!!

IHStangFan
01-05-2010, 08:42 PM
My wish list....just because I'd like to see the match ups....Among others....

Bellville
Sinton
Ingleside
Port Isabel/Rio Hondo
WOS

Maybe throw in Bay City, Cuero, Refugio, Hitchcock, etc.

Over the last few years....we had Port Lavaca's number. Played Santa Fe...who at the time was nothing special. Played Tidehaven, Houston Worthing, Columbus, Splendora, La Grange, etc.

I'd like to see the Jays mix it up w/ some new teams this coming year.

bobcat4life
01-05-2010, 09:25 PM
anybody looking for an easy win schedule Brownwood:thumbsup:

lvbears32
01-05-2010, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Green Bling
Now that is great news!! Congrats!! Ya'll deserve the upgrade!!

ya. unfortunatly we have to sacrifice all 3 of the track meets we hold, and thatll put a dent in the schools income...but its worth it

BRfalconfan
01-06-2010, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
My wish list....just because I'd like to see the match ups....Among others....

Bellville
Sinton
Ingleside
Port Isabel/Rio Hondo
WOS

Maybe throw in Bay City, Cuero, Refugio, Hitchcock, etc.

Over the last few years....we had Port Lavaca's number. Played Santa Fe...who at the time was nothing special. Played Tidehaven, Houston Worthing, Columbus, Splendora, La Grange, etc.

I'd like to see the Jays mix it up w/ some new teams this coming year.

Wouldn't you love to pla BR if we aren't in the same district

IHStangFan
01-06-2010, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by BRfalconfan
Wouldn't you love to pla BR if we aren't in the same district but of course!!! ALWAYS like seeing the Falcons! Some years it goes in our favor..some years not. I like seeing the talent you guys have on the field though. Usually very fast...and sometimes big AND fast.

IHStangFan
01-06-2010, 12:15 AM
and how in the heck could I have left out Sealy. Would LOVE another crack at Sealy!! Jays had em on the ropes in the playoffs this year which shocked most people I believe.

Blue42
01-06-2010, 01:27 AM
I would love to see a Cuero,Needville game.
Also a Cuero BR game .
We need a change of pace and would I love to see some other teams
There are some very good teams within 2 hrs drive of Cuero that for some reason or another we never play.
This would also make it easy for the 7th and 8th graders to play also.
Last few years we had Rio Hondo and Devine too long of drives for sub varsity games.

Pawdaddy
01-06-2010, 02:24 AM
A Buckeye friend of mine has a shirt that says on the back, "Any Team," "Any Time," "AnyWhere!"

Bring it on! We Are Ready!

Pawdaddy
01-06-2010, 02:27 AM
Oh yeah!!! We are Numero Uno!!! And will be until somebody takes us out! Get used to hearing it, you losers!!!!!

GrTigers6
01-06-2010, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
It works both ways. This past season we were still playing the preseason schedule that Coach Freeman set up. He liked to play the hardest teams possible. On alot of occasions it worked out. We had semi, and quarter-final runs the last few years in 4A. Our records were 9-5 & 7-7 but those losses came to Abilene High, Abilene Cooper, we played Permian, Temple, Ville, I cant remember all of them. On the other side of the coin, there were a couple of years in a role that injuries totally killed us. We managed to get healthy enough for a playoff birth but thats about it.

Now under Shipley, I dont know how he likes to do it. I have heard he does not want to play Burnet unless its district. He just doesnt like coaching against his old school. I have heard that there may be some trouble with us and Stephenville playing also. Not real sure what that is about. For me, I would like to start off with a quality opponent, then have a little easier one for the 2-4th games. Then, end pre-district with another top notch opponent. But, I geuss we will have to see how Shipley likes to do it.

BEAST He may be waiting to see if yall are in the same district.

GrTigers6
01-06-2010, 07:17 AM
China Spring is a given, if not in our district, then they will be a nondistrict, got to keep trying, eventually we are gonna beat them:D
I also heard Graham was committed also.
then probably Mineral Wells. I dont know after that.

BRfalconfan
01-06-2010, 02:51 PM
For sure royal will play sealy and hempstead. They always do since they are rival games.I wouldn't mind staying in the same district but if it doesn't happen and BR ends up with sealy and bellville and the rest of d25 I wouldn't mind

Stafford (warm up game)
Wharton
Hempstead
A 4a team
Sweeny/needville (two good teams and either one would be a good way to end the preseason to be read y for d 25 but if we do stay the same with d 26 I would like to see

Sealy (fun game always)
Columbus
Hempstead
4a team
And la grange (another great team to play)

Either preseason is fairly possible
Just my input

Green Bling
01-06-2010, 05:19 PM
ya. unfortunatly we have to sacrifice all 3 of the track meets we hold, and thatll put a dent in the schools income...but its worth it
I know Coach Gonzales and Coach Hino are disappointed about the track meets. I always have enjoyed those meets myself.

SintonFan_inAustin
01-06-2010, 05:25 PM
Sinton vs Taft or Sinton vs Refugio or Sinton vs Odem hopefully one of these teams is on Sinton schedule.

Sville
01-06-2010, 05:35 PM
Tentatively we have 4 teams scheduled. I am not sure what order though.

Aledo
Brownwood
Springtown
Saginaw

BEAST
01-06-2010, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Sville
Tentatively we have 4 teams scheduled. I am not sure what order though.

Aledo
Brownwood
Springtown
Saginaw

How sure are you on Brownwood? I have heard there were some issues.

BEAST

bobcat4life
01-06-2010, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
How sure are you on Brownwood? I have heard there were some issues.

BEAST Stephenville by 40

Blue42
01-06-2010, 10:46 PM
Stephenville by 40
Baiting the hook?:)

Sville
01-07-2010, 10:10 AM
@ BEAST- I am positive there is a tentative agreement unless something arose over the Christmas break.

YTBulldogs
01-07-2010, 12:45 PM
Yoakum has LaGrange and Hallettsville for non-district thus far.

If not in district with Cuero, they will be added as a non-district game.

bobcat4life
01-07-2010, 12:50 PM
Baiting the hook?:) of course:D