PDA

View Full Version : NFL to tell teams they have to play starters?

kepdawg
01-01-2010, 10:30 PM
The NFL will ask the competition committee to review integrity-of-game and competitive-balance concerns with clinching playoff teams that choose to rest starters at the end of the season.

LINK (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4788472)

lvbears32
01-01-2010, 10:34 PM
this is stupid but easy to get around. all u gotta say is your entire first team has a headache then hide em in a closet

DDBooger
01-01-2010, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by lvbears32
this is stupid but easy to get around. all u gotta say is your entire first team has a headache then hide em in a closet Thats great
:clap:

sinton66
01-01-2010, 10:46 PM
I would think the owners would tell them to put it where the sun don't shine. With MILLIONS invested in the star players, they'd be stupid not to.

lvbears32
01-01-2010, 10:51 PM
i would think goodell would be smarter than that

bobcat4life
01-01-2010, 11:09 PM
just do what the Colts did and put 29 players on the injury list

lvbears32
01-01-2010, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
just do what the Colts did and put 29 players on the injury list

exactly. im sure people jhave missed games becuz of hangnails before...those really hurt

ziggy29
01-02-2010, 11:05 AM
To me there's another issue than just impacting the playoff race for other teams. People pay big money to watch NFL football and they are getting, in some cases, triple-A football with the stars riding the bench. Paying "big league" prices for minor league football kinda sucks...

Txbroadcaster
01-02-2010, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by ziggy29
To me there's another issue than just impacting the playoff race for other teams. People pay big money to watch NFL football and they are getting, in some cases, triple-A football with the stars riding the bench. Paying "big league" prices for minor league football kinda sucks...

yea well..I would rather see "minor league" in week 17 then see a starting QB like Manning get hurt in a meaningless game and not be in the playoffs

Highschoolfan78
01-02-2010, 11:55 AM
I think that's a part of the system. Don't get tickets to end of the year games if you are usually a dominant team like the colts. Or if your team is playing the colts, pats, or saint... etc. at the end of the year. It is a risk that's out there. I don't think they should force their starters to play.

Gobbla2001
01-02-2010, 12:38 PM
Dunno where I stand on this... it would suck for a coach to have to play his starters if he doesn't want to... Manning was getting blitzed like a sum-b against the Jets, I'da probably taken him out myself...

but like in any other business where there are customer complaints, it seems upper-management in the company can impose changes for those franchises with customer complaints...

If I were the NFL I wouldn't do anything as of now, but if it starts effecting ticket sales etc... in following years then maybe it'd be more acceptable...

Eagle 1
01-02-2010, 12:53 PM
this is stupid but easy to get around. all u gotta say is your entire first team has a headache then hide em in a closet

Our turn in the barrell.....

skins4life
01-02-2010, 01:26 PM
exactly. im sure people jhave missed games becuz of hangnails before...those really hurt

I know Jose Canseco (sp) missed a game because of a hang-nail when he played for the Texas Rangers. I nearly fell out of my chair when the commentators said it.

lvbears32
01-02-2010, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by skins4life
I know Jose Canseco (sp) missed a game because of a hang-nail when he played for the Texas Rangers. I nearly fell out of my chair when the commentators said it.

ya well u know what steroids do to your nails