PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on this week's Region 1 Games

Matthew328
11-18-2002, 08:35 AM
Division I
Borger-Monahans: Monahans pulled off a surprise in Rd 1 beating Snyder..while Borger held off a game Brownfield squad...Borger has an excellent QB in Marcus Vidrine, he has stepped up since the loss of their TB...Monahans has been doing it all year with a tough D though and I think they step up and win a low scoring affair..Monahans by 5

Abilene Wylie-Everman: Rematch of the 2000 State Semi-Final won by Wylie...Everman has a lot of kids that started in that game as sophmores and the loss still stings to this day..they'll be ready to play in this one..Wylie is playing very well at the moment and have one of the most balanced attacks in the Region...Everman TB Miller will be back in this one as well...I think Everman's running balance will be a bit much for Wylie..Everman by 11

Division II
Perryton-Sweetwater: a good matchup in West Texas..Perryton has been the panhandle's best team the past 2 years and Sweetwater is looking to get past the Rd 2 hurdle that has plauged them the past 2 years...both teams have 2 stand out players in Campbell for PHS and for SHS Carillo..whichever squad's supporting cast steps up wins this one..I like the Rangers...Perryton by 4

Iowa Park-Decatur: Decatur struggled for a while against Glen Rose before finally putting them away..they'll need a better performance this week against a tough IP squad...the Hawks were also a bit shaky in their win over Commanche..IP's secondary will get a huge test against the spread offense of Decatur...I don't think they are up to the challenge..Decatur by 13

Canyon-Midland Greenwood: Canyon has been playing very well of late after a tough year in 4A last year...however they are running into a buzz-saw in Greenwood as the Rangers are proving they may be the best 3A team in West Texas....I think Canyon puts up a fight but Greenwood has too much...Greenwood by 10

Ballinger-Kennedale: Ballinger has an advantage with this one being in West Texas...but can they slow down Kennedale and their 3 backs?? Posey is a good one though for BHS and I think Ballinger tries to play keep away from the explosive Kennedale offense..I think a big play late in the passing game propels KHS to a win...I don't think Ballinger has anyone to match up with Tomlinson or Johnson in the secondary

Matthew328
11-19-2002, 01:24 AM
Just bringing it back to the top

ballhog65
11-19-2002, 11:03 PM
well i dont think if everman wins it will be by 11.
"IF" they win it will come down to the end of the game b/c everyone has looked past wylie this year and they are out to earn the respect that they deserve.
Everman may be a good team but i dont think they want it as bad as wylie does.
I know nost of those boys and they are hungey for a win against big bad everman.
Good luck to both teams. But i would like to see wylie win this one and i know it can and will happen!!!!!!!!

vet93
11-19-2002, 11:13 PM
Ballhog...I am sure the Wylie team appreciates the wonderful bulletin board material that you have provide for Everman!!

ballhog65:
well i dont think if everman wins it will be by 11.
"IF" they win it will come down to the end of the game b/c everyone has looked past wylie this year and they are out to earn the respect that they deserve.
Everman may be a good team but i dont think they want it as bad as wylie does.
I know nost of those boys and they are hungey for a win against big bad everman.
Good luck to both teams. But i would like to see wylie win this one and i know it can and will happen!!!!!!!!

VWG
11-19-2002, 11:19 PM
Geez... was that reply from ballhog65 a "homer" call or what?
Lots of great matchups this week.
I think that Decatur and Iowa Park should be a great game, but I give Decatur the nod over IP due to their strength at the skill positions.
Iowa Park can be a tough team to play, and their coach will pull out all the stops in this one.
Watch IP's kickoff returns, they do that trick where the guy that gets the ball turns around and does about 3 fake handoffs, etc.... One question though, why are two teams that are west of Ft. Worth playing in Irving?
I like Kennedale to roll over Ballinger. No offense to Ballinger, but I think that Kennedale is loaded with talent and collectively they are much more talented than Ballinger. Plus, they are about 3X the enrollment as Ballinger. Can we say "let's fix the playoff system"?
Wylie and Everman should be a better game than some are predicting. Wylie has good size and a coaching staff that has tons of experience. Wylie will need to mix up the pass and the run, and have their defensive line take control to win this game. They have the size, but can their QB play the game of his life to get Wylie to the next level?
Good luck to the teams in Region I, and safe travels to all attending the games.

Matthew328
11-19-2002, 11:26 PM
These posts from ballhog65 sound a LOT like some of our Wylie posters at the start of last year...of course without the racial slurs and cussing though..LOL
I do have a question how do you know Wylie wants it more?? I mean if anything Everman will want the win just as bad as Wylie..Remember the loss in 2000?? Well Everman had 5 sophmores start in that game and about 5 others who played a LOT..those guys are seniors now..they remember the loss very well..they'll be ready to play Saturday..but you are right Wylie is kind of underrated this year..they struggled some early but they are peaking at the right moment..trust me no player in a black jersey will be underestimating Wylie!

Bulldog03
11-21-2002, 10:54 PM
Division I
Borger-Monahans: Monahans pulled off a surprise in Rd 1 beating Snyder..while Borger held off a game Brownfield squad...Borger has an excellent QB in Marcus Vidrine, he has stepped up since the loss of their TB...Monahans has been doing it all year with a tough D though and I think they step up and win a low scoring affair..Monahans by 5

Well here is the story on the Borger team and why there record doesn't reflect on how they play. First off there record isn't 3-7 its 5-6. They had the hardest pre-season schedule in the Panhandle by Far, They played the #1 ranked team in Kansas(Liberal), And the #2 Ranked team in 4a Frenship, then Pampa still going in the playoffs, and planview who lost there first playoff game.They lost there TB(Micheal Johnstone)with a broken arm.Before district and was backed up by a sophmore. Then in there second district game there Star QB(Ryan Hall Which perryton's cambel cant even compare to)broke his jaw and Thats when Sophmore QB Marcus Vidrine stepped in and took over. If they would have had them two there is no way they would have lost a district game. Also when johnstone was able to make it back for the last regular season game he broke both bones in his leg(this kid has bad luck)...So dont be surprised if they stick it to Monahans....well not stick it to them but if they come out on top it wont be by very much...Props to that Monahan D there good..

VWG
11-21-2002, 11:28 PM
Matthew328:
These posts from ballhog65 sound a LOT like some of our Wylie posters at the start of last year...of course without the racial slurs and cussing though..LOL
I do have a question how do you know Wylie wants it more?? I mean if anything Everman will want the win just as bad as Wylie..Remember the loss in 2000?? Well Everman had 5 sophmores start in that game and about 5 others who played a LOT..those guys are seniors now..they remember the loss very well..they'll be ready to play Saturday..but you are right Wylie is kind of underrated this year..they struggled some early but they are peaking at the right moment..trust me no player in a black jersey will be underestimating Wylie!Not saying that Everman is looking past Wylie, but Wylie is a clear underdog here. Everman has been praised all year and ever since they got moved down to 3A. It's good to be confident and seek revenge from their previous loss to Wylie, but they can't come into this game overconfident.

pero chato
11-22-2002, 10:03 AM
Please note that Ballhog65 is from Clyde, one of our district foes. While I appreciate his enthusiasm, I would also appreciate his toning it down a notch. Everman is plenty motivated and I'm sure they are very much wanting another state title. Everyone I have talked to at Wylie, including the players, has the utmost respect for Everman and knows it will be a tough game. Everman is still the state champs unless someone derails them.