PDA

View Full Version : The Alamo Bowl

kepdawg
01-01-2010, 07:10 PM
Anybody have any thoughts on the actual game? I don't think I saw Tech play all year and I know absolutely nothing about this year's Michigan State team. I seem to recall something about some MSU players being suspended? Who is the favorite in this game? How do you see things turning out?

Snydertigersrul
01-01-2010, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Anybody have any thoughts on the actual game? I don't think I saw Tech play all year and I know absolutely nothing about this year's Michigan State team. I seem to recall something about some MSU players being suspended? Who is the favorite in this game? How do you see things turning out?

With all of the Leach controversy, I expect Tech either to play a great game or stink up the place and get embarrassed.

ziggy29
01-01-2010, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
With all of the Leach controversy, I expect Tech either to play a great game or stink up the place and get embarrassed.
I tend to agree. It's hard not to imagine this affecting Tech. Which way it will affect them is harder to say.

Snydertigersrul
01-01-2010, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by ziggy29
I tend to agree. It's hard not to imagine this affecting Tech. Which way it will affect them is harder to say.

It will affect them one way or the other. Tech football will fall back to the pre-Leach years, a lot of 3-7, 2-8, 4-6

kepdawg
01-01-2010, 07:50 PM
Is the Potts kid still QB at Tech?

bobcat4life
01-01-2010, 07:53 PM
Is the Potts kid still QB at Tech? if he is healthy he will start

Keith7
01-01-2010, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul

What a bold prediction. LOL

Eagle 1
01-01-2010, 08:19 PM
Who knows how this will affect Tech, but the fans at the game will get their chance to respond.

As soon as we know the cameras are on the game we need the crowd to yell "Bring back Leach" and repeat over and over. This will be even before the game. After the Raiders score -- break it loose again . Make it thunder. At half time while they are showing the field and crowd as back ground -- repeat . "Bring Back Leach" over and over. At the end of the game -- take the field "WE WANT LEACH!! This will be devastating to Hance and Myers but they will know it is just starting. Don't let ESPN ignore you!!! This is your chance. We love Ruffin. This is not anti Ruffin. Let's ROCK Raiders. Leach for AD!!!

JJWalker
01-01-2010, 08:27 PM
IMO Tech is traditionally a major head case.

So, I expect them to be pantsed.

Eagle 1
01-01-2010, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by JJWalker
IMO Tech is traditionally a major head case.

So, I expect them to be pantsed.

Pantsed?
Is that even a word?
Head case, really?

JJWalker
01-01-2010, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
Pantsed? - Yep
Is that even a word? - Slang
Head case, really? - Yep

Snydertigersrul
01-01-2010, 09:41 PM

Yes, until Hance or Myers tell them otherwise. Maybe Adam James will be the starting quarterback

STANG RED
01-01-2010, 10:09 PM

Heard yesterday, from a Tech student's Dad. Potts will not be back next season. He will be attending either med or law school.
Anybody else heard this?

wildstangs
01-01-2010, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Heard yesterday, from a Tech student's Dad. Potts will not be back next season. He will be attending either med or law school.
Anybody else heard this?

How many years of eligibility does he have left? I always figured he would end up at ACU.

Snydertigersrul
01-02-2010, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs
How many years of eligibility does he have left? I always figured he would end up at ACU.

He has one year. He could play next year at ACU immediately because it is D II

3afan
01-02-2010, 06:46 AM
despite my opinion on Leach I hope TT comes together and kicks butt in the game

WOS87
01-02-2010, 07:12 AM
I see Tech doing about as well as Cinci did against Florida

Additup
01-02-2010, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by WOS87
I see Tech doing about as well as Cinci did against Florida
Florida aint Michigan State without 8.

JJWalker
01-02-2010, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Additup
Florida aint Michigan State without 8.
And ... Tech probably isn't Cincy.

This game is probably going to be really ugly. At least, that is my expectation.

Eagle 1
01-02-2010, 01:06 PM
I wonder who will call the offensive plays?

skins4life
01-02-2010, 01:07 PM
quote:As soon as we know the cameras are on the game we need the crowd to yell "Bring back Leach" and repeat over and over. This will be even before the game. After the Raiders score -- break it loose again . Make it thunder. At half time while they are showing the field and crowd as back ground -- repeat . "Bring Back Leach" over and over. At the end of the game -- take the field "WE WANT LEACH!! This will be devastating to Hance and Myers but they will know it is just starting. Don't let ESPN ignore you!!! This is your chance. We love Ruffin. This is not anti Ruffin. Let's ROCK Raiders. Leach for AD!!!

Might throw one of these in there too, "ESPN, FIIIRRE JAMES, FIIIRRE JAMES"
That might let ESPN know just how some of the Tech fans feel:devil: Especially after Adam(I'm not getting enough playing time whine bag) left the media room and went to the visitor locker room electrical closet & took the video to solidify his "STORY".

On another note. If Adam James was such a STUD in football, why didn't Craig move them to the SLC school district? :thinking:
I'm not bashing Celina, I'm just saying, why put him in a 3A school not a big 5A where his name would be in the national scene when he's sitting on the bench during a state championship or televised game because Trey Newton is getting all of the hype??:thinking:

skins4life
01-02-2010, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
despite my opinion on Leach I hope TT comes together and kicks butt in the game

Weather it be about Leach, James or the Adm. I hope they do the same thing. If they don't, IMO Tech will go in the tank for the 3-5 years and turn back into the 4-8 or 6-6 team they were before Leach arrived. I hope I'm wrong.

Snydertigersrul
01-02-2010, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by skins4life
Weather it be about Leach, James or the Adm. I hope they do the same thing. If they don't, IMO Tech will go in the tank for the 3-5 years and turn back into the 4-8 or 6-6 team they were before Leach arrived. I hope I'm wrong.

If they can turn in any of those records, it's better than I expect

lvbears32
01-02-2010, 07:00 PM
any1 know of any tech recruits decommitting

Emerson1
01-02-2010, 07:10 PM
Losing 8 players 2 months ago is a lot easier then losing your coach a week before the game.

lvbears32
01-02-2010, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Losing 8 players 2 months ago is a lot easier then losing your coach a week before the game.

very true

kepdawg
01-02-2010, 09:10 PM
Game on!

statewide
01-03-2010, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by skins4life
quote:As soon as we know the cameras are on the game we need the crowd to yell "Bring back Leach" and repeat over and over. This will be even before the game. After the Raiders score -- break it loose again . Make it thunder. At half time while they are showing the field and crowd as back ground -- repeat . "Bring Back Leach" over and over. At the end of the game -- take the field "WE WANT LEACH!! This will be devastating to Hance and Myers but they will know it is just starting. Don't let ESPN ignore you!!! This is your chance. We love Ruffin. This is not anti Ruffin. Let's ROCK Raiders. Leach for AD!!!

Might throw one of these in there too, "ESPN, FIIIRRE JAMES, FIIIRRE JAMES"
That might let ESPN know just how some of the Tech fans feel:devil: Especially after Adam(I'm not getting enough playing time whine bag) left the media room and went to the visitor locker room electrical closet & took the video to solidify his "STORY".

On another note. If Adam James was such a STUD in football, why didn't Craig move them to the SLC school district? :thinking:
I'm not bashing Celina, I'm just saying, why put him in a 3A school not a big 5A where his name would be in the national scene when he's sitting on the bench during a state championship or televised game because Trey Newton is getting all of the hype??:thinking:

Who could approve of the Coach's actions if this were your son???

LE Dad
01-03-2010, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by statewide
Who could approve of the Coach's actions if this were your son??? If my son... Hold on let correct myself... My son would not show up a practice wearing sunglasses with a ballcap turned backwards and walk lazily up and down the field. That is my understanding of what Adam James did.
Now if by chance my son did do that, he would be most appreciative if being placed in a dark room were the extent of his punishment.
My son has been taught to show up on time, in appropriate gear, and be prepared to give 100% at all times. He will not earn a football scholorship anywhere but he will be well equipped for life.
What would your employer do if you showed up for work in inapropriate attire and were lazily going about your tasks?? Dark room sounds good to me.
:D