PDA

View Full Version : oops

thunder
10-28-2003, 10:48 PM
help me

<small>[ October 29, 2003, 10:55 AM: Message edited by: thunder ]</small>

Gobbla2001
10-28-2003, 10:49 PM
Thunder's about to get struck by the green lightning...

thunder
10-28-2003, 10:50 PM
come on with the come on!

Hottogo
10-28-2003, 10:51 PM
thunder, your a winney loser. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

thunder
10-28-2003, 10:54 PM
what ever do you mean? high on the dope?

Burnet Dawg06
10-28-2003, 11:12 PM
Quit worrying about Burnet! :D

BurnetBandRules
10-28-2003, 11:16 PM
amen...praise the lord!!!!

pirateman98
10-28-2003, 11:54 PM
Thunder, don't take this as me being rude, but shut up! It is true that not one man makes a TEAM but they are an important part. Look at it like this: Now the body is not made up of one part but of many. If the foot should say, "Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body," it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body. And if the ear should say, "Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body," it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body. If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? But in fact God has arranged the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. If they were all one part, where would the body be? As it is, there are many parts, but one body. 1 Cor. 12:14-20

jason
10-28-2003, 11:56 PM
they'd lose without mcghee....shipley not playing wouldnt be that big of a deal...

HotDawg89
10-29-2003, 12:04 AM
jason:
they'd lose without mcghee....shipley not playing wouldnt be that big of a deal...Hell is freezing as we speak, I agree with Jason! :D

McGee is a true leader, and an excellent QB- Shipley, while he is great too, does not make or break the team. Don't get me wrong, he sure helps a lot, but we have lots of talent elsewhere that could be used in his absence.

espn1
10-29-2003, 12:06 AM
thunder:
why not side line them against liberty hill next week? just to see!after all burnet is the BEST TEAM in the state.Because Burnet wants to score 50 points and not 42.

<small>[ October 28, 2003, 11:08 PM: Message edited by: espn1 ]</small>

BurnetBandRules
10-29-2003, 12:22 AM
LOL.....very funny espn1! Good one!

bulldogvet85
10-29-2003, 01:58 AM
I think without shipley they are ok just having McGee. but without both I'd have to say they are very beatable but they still have a damn good chance of winning alot. there back-up isnt that bad from what I have seen so I think they still have a chance at being good

jason
10-29-2003, 08:55 AM
HotDawg89:

jason:
they'd lose without mcghee....shipley not playing wouldnt be that big of a deal...Hell is freezing as we speak, I agree with Jason! :D

McGee is a true leader, and an excellent QB- Shipley, while he is great too, does not make or break the team. Don't get me wrong, he sure helps a lot, but we have lots of talent elsewhere that could be used in his absence.lol....i knew you'd eventually agree with something i said... :)

thunder
10-29-2003, 09:19 AM
finally some post with answers to the question at hand! by the way i dont need a sermon from you -----willows.as for being a winney loser, WRONG.

CatWoman
10-29-2003, 09:31 AM
Not that anyone cares about my opinion, but I don't know of too many teams who wouldn't be at a huge disadvantage if they lost 2 players of the caliber of Mcgee and Shipley

Hottogo
10-29-2003, 09:33 AM
Winnney loser winney loser winney loser winney loser winney loser winney loser winney loser!

clay
10-29-2003, 09:38 AM
They could win without Shipley because they have some other great recievers but without Mcgee I'm not sure they would be as good. That kid is the leader of the field. he is the best QB A&M has right now. HA wink

olddog73
10-29-2003, 09:57 AM
Well thunder, since I know you posted this just to try and stir things up and to take a few shots at Burnet, I will play along. I think that Burnet would win district and put Liberty Hill on its knees again with out MaGee and Shipley, but they wouldn't win state.
But really, you could ask this of any team. What team would do as well if they lost their best quaterback or some of their lead players? This is the reason really good teams get knocked out of the playoffs every year, due to the loss of players. A lot of things have to go right for Burnet to win state this year, regardless of what you hear on this site and other places, we have a longgg way to go and there is no guarentee that we will get there. I hope we make it, but so do a lot of other teams. I just pray every year that all teams have a injury free year. There is nothing better than to see two healthy teams face off for that final game with all there players present and ready to play.

As far as Liberty Hill goes, haul your winney butts over to Burnet next week and lets play football! :D :D :D wink

MARLINFAN
10-29-2003, 10:01 AM
yes Burnet could easily win without mcgee and shipley. their 20 other players on the field on friday nights. i dont think they would be undefeated but would still have a great record

BigChamp05
10-29-2003, 10:09 AM
I don't know if Burnet could win without Shipley. They could win a few games, but i don't think they will go that far. He is a two way starter, kick returner, punt returner, do everythinger. And correct me if i'm wrong, but Shipley was the state MVP. He does too many things and is too valuable at too many postions. If he was just a reciever, or just a defensive back, ......, you might be able to replace him. I think he is too valuable to replace.

olddawggreen
10-29-2003, 10:14 AM
Burnets team is exactly that, a team. All the players are important. We need them all.

spiveyrat
10-29-2003, 10:16 AM
I think Burnet would have their work cut out for them without a QB... Center hikes the ball to no one... loose ball... lots of potential for turnovers! :D

jason
10-29-2003, 10:28 AM
spiveyrat:
I think Burnet would have their work cut out for them without a QB... Center hikes the ball to no one... loose ball... lots of potential for turnovers! :D fumbleroosky...

Chief Woodman
10-29-2003, 11:11 AM
I hope we never find out the answer to this question. It would mean either injuries or some other tragedy. I for one would not want either one to occur.

thunder
10-29-2003, 11:38 AM
<small>[ October 29, 2003, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: thunder ]</small>

jason
10-29-2003, 11:39 AM
thunder:
I really shouldn't be on here, Im sick real sick.
My wife locked the computer cabinet last night but I found the key. I better go take my medication I feel really weird. Oh by the way you guys know I was a stud for Burnet back in the day didn't you? Oh well don't hold my insanity against me Im sorry if I upset anyone, because like I said my roots are from Burnet and my blood is still Green!!!!!!!!that had nothing to do with the post...lock the cabinet and throw away the key...

<small>[ October 29, 2003, 10:43 AM: Message edited by: jason ]</small>

Burnet '94
10-29-2003, 11:47 AM
It's hard to win anytime you lose your 2 best players. That goes for college and the nfl as well. Does anyone remember the Atlanta Falcons were in the playoffs last year? No Vick this year, no post season.

Losing one of Stephen or Jordan would be huge. McGee is one of the best qbs in the state. Jordan, however, is more valuable because he'a a triple threat. Offense, defense, and special teams. Opposing coaches must gameplan around him and account for him in all phases of the game.

As for not playing them vs. liberty hill, that's wishful thinking thunder. Don't worry though, they'll probably only play 3 quarters against y'all anyway. No sense in risking an injury when your up 35 points.

Gobbla2001
10-29-2003, 11:52 AM
Burnet '94:
It's hard to win anytime you lose your 2 best players. That goes for college and the nfl as well. Does anyone remember the Atlanta Falcons were in the playoffs last year? No Vick this year, no post season.

Losing one of Stephen or Jordan would be huge. McGee is one of the best qbs in the state. Jordan, however, is more valuable because he'a a triple threat. Offense, defense, and special teams. Opposing coaches must gameplan around him and account for him in all phases of the game.

As for not playing them vs. liberty hill, that's wishful thinking thunder. Don't worry though, they'll probably only play 3 quarters against y'all anyway. No sense in risking an injury when your up 35 points.Yah, but last year their defense allowed their offense to outscore the other team...

This year? I believe they're playing without 4 or 5 of those defensive starters...

Vick sure would put 'em in the position to win more than they have, but that defense in struggling...

<small>[ October 29, 2003, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: Gobbla2001 ]</small>

Gobbla2001
10-29-2003, 11:53 AM
<small>[ October 29, 2003, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: Gobbla2001 ]</small>