Rustler
01-01-2010, 10:10 AM
:thinking:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VFC3XJ8Kx8

Eagle 1
01-01-2010, 11:34 AM
Sad but true;

-------------------------------------------

http://www.redraiders.com/2009/12/30/leachs-attorney-the-fight-has-just-begun/

This is an excerpt from Graham Harrells letter he sent supporting Coach Leach prior to the suspension. I read this letter yesterday but apparently where ever it was posted did not have the entire letter. Dennis Dodd's Blog on CBS Sports has the full letter as well as the full letters from other players and coaches. Shame on ESPN for not exposing the full story. After you read these you will see why Coach Leach might have felt it necessary to isolate Adam James

After quitting baseball he came out for football and his selfish attitude was very evident, as was his laziness. During off-season workouts he often would be caught skipping lifts in the weight room or finding ways to cut corners/get out of conditioning exercises. When we had player organized seven on seven throwing in the summer, when he would show up he was much more interested in playing his own games on the side of the field or telling people that he wasn't going to run any routes because the coaches do not get him a "fair opportunity" anyway. During the season he was often "injured" (it usually seemed like a very minor injury that could keep him out of practice but never out of any other activity, including games) so he would not participate in some drills in practice. None of these acts were productive for our team, but the most detrimental part of Adam was his off field attitude and actions. In the locker room and away from the facility, Adam used any opportunity he had to tell other players how he was being treated unfairly, how the coaches did not give him a fair chance and how we did not have to do everything the coaches told us because they had no option but to play some of us. When I heard these kinds of things I usually tried to put an end to them but Adam pretty consistently talked bad about the coaches or down played the importance of working hard, when he was off the field. When he talked to young players or players that were usually on the scout he would explain how the coaches were not fair to certain players and only played favorites. When he talked to players that did get some playing time he would talk about how we didn't really have to do what the coaches asked of us because the coaches had to play us anyway. And it almost always tied back to how he was not getting a fair chance to play just because the coaches were unfair. The coaches were always more than fair to Adam I felt, because he came in the game during certain formations and situations last football season, but because of his work ethic and attitude, many of the players on last years team had a hard time trusting him or relying on him because he was not always practicing and we had seen his laziness during the off-season.

3afan
01-01-2010, 11:52 AM
regardless - all Leach had to do was cooperate ... that the way I see it

Eagle 1
01-01-2010, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by 3afan

You need to go visit TSO. :nerd:

3afan
01-01-2010, 11:56 AM
:thumbsup:

Rustler
01-01-2010, 12:53 PM
regardless - all Leach had to do was cooperate ... that the way I see it :thinking: cooperate? With what? :thinking:

Additup
01-01-2010, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
Sad but true;

http://www.redraiders.com/2009/12/30/leachs-attorney-the-fight-has-just-begun/

This is an excerpt from Graham Harrells letter he sent supporting Coach Leach prior to the suspension. I read this letter yesterday but apparently where ever it was posted did not have the entire letter. Dennis Dodd's Blog on CBS Sports has the full letter as well as the full letters from other players and coaches. Shame on ESPN for not exposing the full story. After you read these you will see why Coach Leach might have felt it necessary to isolate Adam James

After quitting baseball he came out for football and his selfish attitude was very evident, as was his laziness. During off-season workouts he often would be caught skipping lifts in the weight room or finding ways to cut corners/get out of conditioning exercises. When we had player organized seven on seven throwing in the summer, when he would show up he was much more interested in playing his own games on the side of the field or telling people that he wasn't going to run any routes because the coaches do not get him a "fair opportunity" anyway. During the season he was often "injured" (it usually seemed like a very minor injury that could keep him out of practice but never out of any other activity, including games) so he would not participate in some drills in practice. None of these acts were productive for our team, but the most detrimental part of Adam was his off field attitude and actions. In the locker room and away from the facility, Adam used any opportunity he had to tell other players how he was being treated unfairly, how the coaches did not give him a fair chance and how we did not have to do everything the coaches told us because they had no option but to play some of us. When I heard these kinds of things I usually tried to put an end to them but Adam pretty consistently talked bad about the coaches or down played the importance of working hard, when he was off the field. When he talked to young players or players that were usually on the scout he would explain how the coaches were not fair to certain players and only played favorites. When he talked to players that did get some playing time he would talk about how we didn't really have to do what the coaches asked of us because the coaches had to play us anyway. And it almost always tied back to how he was not getting a fair chance to play just because the coaches were unfair. The coaches were always more than fair to Adam I felt, because he came in the game during certain formations and situations last football season, but because of his work ethic and attitude, many of the players on last years team had a hard time trusting him or relying on him because he was not always practicing and we had seen his laziness during the off-season.

Had a coach explain if you pass up a diamond in the rough you're gonna have to see him on 4 Saturdays over 4 years...
If you scholarship a bad one, you could have to see him EVERY DAY for 5 years !!

ziggy29
01-01-2010, 12:56 PM
You mean cave into the pressure to admit you were wrong when you don't feel like you were?

Don't we already have way too many fake and insincere "apologies" as it is?

Keith7
01-01-2010, 01:57 PM
typical celina kid, lazy and has everything handed to him. it really should come as no surprise

Rustler
01-01-2010, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by ziggy29
You mean cave into the pressure to admit you were wrong when you don't feel like you were?

Don't we already have way too many fake and insincere "apologies" as it is? ziggy29 I guess 3afan doesn't want to answer for his post? I agree with you.

3afan
01-01-2010, 02:11 PM
excuse me I don't hover over the computer ........

according to "reports" Leach wouldn't even discuss the matter ... = insubordination which is basically why he was let go

Diocletian
01-01-2010, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
typical celina kid, lazy and has everything handed to him. it really should come as no surprise

I don't agree with the Town being mentioned....but I agree with 100% everything else you said.

Rustler
01-01-2010, 02:42 PM
excuse me I don't hover over the computer ........

according to "reports" Leach wouldn't even discuss the matter ... = insubordination which is basically why he was let go you stated cooperate......I have not heard or read any creditable source write or tell Leach would not discuss the situation with Admin...If you want more facts go on line listen to Kent Hances interview with a Lubbok TV station....Then compare to what the trainer in charge of Adam and was actually there had to say.......You try tell me the statement by Hance is not a CYA and Factualy not correct?

Phantom Stang
01-01-2010, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
Sad but true;

This is an excerpt from Graham Harrells letter he sent supporting Coach Leach prior to the suspension.

And to think, Adam James has lasted with the Tech program for two and a half years.:rolleyes:

As it turns out, Mike Leach must just be an old softy.

Who'da thunk it?:p

Rustler
01-01-2010, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
And to think, Adam James has lasted with the Tech program for two and a half years.:rolleyes:

As it turns out, Mike Leach must just be an old softy.

Who'da thunk it?:p Leach allowed him to stay around to long. Can you imagune what Daddy James is feeling now that he is learning that Boy James has not told the entire truth? No reasonable parent would support their child inthis effort with the facts that have come to light.

OldBison75
01-01-2010, 08:23 PM
Okay, I have to ask:

Would someone plese state the FACTS that the Leach supporters are talking about.

Would someone please post any location where there is written proof that Leach refused to cooperate in the investigation.

Would someone please post where I can find proof that TT terminated Leach for the purpose of avoiding paying a bonus.

Would someone please post a link to the legal precedent for an employer not being justified in firing an employee that has filed a lawsuit against him after being placed on PAID suspension.

I have heard plenty of facts regurgitated on this entire forum, but except for news reports and some alleged copies e-mails or faxes from a year ago, I have seen few facts.

I think Leach was wrong and he overstepped good judgement , but I would like to have all the FACTS being thrown around to see if I change my position.

Eagle 1
01-01-2010, 08:26 PM
I'm wandering which one of the mods edited my post?
PM me.

Aesculus gilmus
01-02-2010, 12:49 PM
Just as a general observation, it seems to me that the posters who immediately side with Chancellor Hance et al. do so because of their authoritarian philosophy of life and because of who we are as Texans.

Texas is a conservative, authoritarian so-called "right to work" state with an anti-labor "employment at will" doctrine in the workplace.

However, this situation is a bit different in that there is an employment contract involved. That's why Leach can lawyer up and take Tech to court. But it's amazing that there is any support for Leach at all, given the indoctrination Texans receive their entire lives as to who is boss, literally.

Usually, when employees are $h!tcanned by Boss Hog/Hance in this state, Boss Hog/Hance is automatically correct. Move on. End of story.