PDA

View Full Version : Rockets vs. Mavs

JasperDog94
12-31-2009, 04:55 PM
I'm going to see Nowitzki vs. Landry part 2 tonight. :D :D Seriously, I hope there are no injuries tonight and hopefully the Rockets can pull one out.

On another note, so far Rick Adleman has got to be in the conversation for coach of the year with what he's done with this team. The Rockets are basically down 40 million in two players this year (McGrady and Yao) and they are currently 19-13 on the season. He has done a masterful job with this group of players.

Pick6
12-31-2009, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I'm going to see Nowitzki vs. Landry part 2 tonight. :D :D Seriously, I hope there are no injuries tonight and hopefully the Rockets can pull one out.

On another note, so far Rick Adleman has got to be in the conversation for coach of the year with what he's done with this team. The Rockets are basically down 40 million in two players this year (McGrady and Yao) and they are currently 19-13 on the season. He has done a masterful job with this group of players.

To early for talk about coach of the year.

Houston is down $40 million because they way overpaid for McGrady and Yao.

JasperDog94
12-31-2009, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Pick6

Houston is down $40 million because they way overpaid for McGrady and Yao. That may be true, but Adleman had nothing to do with that. He's in charge of coaching the guys that management gets and that's what he's done a great job of so far this year.

Pick6
12-31-2009, 05:02 PM
That may be true, but Adleman had nothing to do with that. He's in charge of coaching the guys that management gets and that's what he's done a great job of so far this year.

Adleman has always been a very good coach. He's proving that again this season.

JasperDog94
12-31-2009, 05:03 PM
Just noticed the egregious spelling error in the thread title. Will a mod please fix that? Thanks and I'll see you all next year if I don't get back on here after the game.

God bless and Happy New Year.

Phantom Stang
12-31-2009, 05:06 PM
Just noticed the egregious spelling error in the thread title. Will a mod please fix that? Thanks and I'll see you all next year if I don't get back on here after the game.

God bless and Happy New Year.
I came on here to ask if the spelling of Rocet=Rosett:D

HEMOTOXIC
12-31-2009, 05:53 PM
Go ROCKETS!

JasperDog94
12-31-2009, 10:18 PM
And a great time was had by all...unless you are a Mavs fan. :D :D

Bull's-eye
12-31-2009, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
To early for talk about coach of the year.

Houston is down $40 million because they way overpaid for McGrady and Yao.

Injuries has a lot to do with that, but how many teams could take that kind of hit and still be this competitive? Houston is starting a 6'6" center and has no superstars, I think Adelman is definitely in the driver seat.

If the Rockets can swing a deal for some post help, they could challenge the upper tier teams in the West. Gotta love how this team competes and plays hard every night. This team has currently played the hardest schedule, most road games and has been forced to play 4 set of back-to-back games in a row. Schedule doesn't get any easier with road games coming up against NOH, LAL & Phoenix.

bobcat4life
01-01-2010, 04:58 AM
That may be true, but Adleman had nothing to do with that. He's in charge of coaching the guys that management gets and that's what he's done a great job of so far this year. Adelman has been one of the top coaches in the league for a long time