PDA

View Full Version : Marlon Byrd signs with the cubs

eagleqb_14
12-31-2009, 02:04 PM
the rangers will miss him greatly

crzyjournalist03
12-31-2009, 04:04 PM
I'm glad that Marlon got what he was looking for. He provided a lot of leadership for the club, but I really believe that he wouldn't have been as valuable on the field moving forward as he has been.

With Julio Borbon slated to take over CF and two legitimate home run threats in Josh Hamilton and Nelson Cruz rounding out the outfield, he was going to get squeezed. David Murphy is a perfectly capable 4th OF, and I personally believe that we'll be signing Vladmir Guererro in the New Year to fill our DH role.

Best of luck to him and Rudy Jaramillo with the Cubs. I hope that he's as successful for them as he was for us. A genuinely nice guy and great teammate.

Highschoolfan78
12-31-2009, 04:43 PM
Whooohooo, another loaded team to only disappoint me, as a fan, in the playoffs. I'm ready!

waterboy
12-31-2009, 04:50 PM
I hate to see Marlon Byrd go, but I'm glad he landed on his feet most likely with a contender. His PT was down toward the end of last year, but he was definitely a solid player and a class act. We will miss doing the Byrd, and will miss his contagious smile.:( Good luck, Marlon Byrd!