PDA

View Full Version : Time Warner Cable may cut Fox due to contract dispute on January 1st

GrTigers6
12-30-2009, 11:08 PM
Just saw that on Channel 11 out of Dallas. The exsisting contract expires tomorrow. Thanks God I have Charter Communications.
Could be no Bowl games or cowboy game.

bulldog82
12-31-2009, 12:28 PM
time warner doesnt know when to quit, i droped time warner last year when they werent going to carry the nfl games. i went to dish, then tw called wanting to know why i left, i told them i wasnt waiting around while they negotiated and take the chance of not having the games. and now theyre at it again, no! drop them like a bad habit, were not going to let them toy with our sports, especially when high school sports are involved.

Pick6
12-31-2009, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by bulldog82
time warner doesnt know when to quit, i droped time warner last year when they werent going to carry the nfl games. i went to dish, then tw called wanting to know why i left, i told them i wasnt waiting around while they negotiated and take the chance of not having the games. and now theyre at it again, no! drop them like a bad habit, were not going to let them toy with our sports, especially when high school sports are involved.

Why put all the blame on Time Warner? Fox is wanting to increase their broadcasting rights fee. Time Warner is nego. to keep the cost down so Time Warner subscribers cost don't go up.

Emerson1
12-31-2009, 01:43 PM
Can always just hook up an antenna for those with TW.

bulldog82
12-31-2009, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Why put all the blame on Time Warner? Fox is wanting to increase their broadcasting rights fee. Time Warner is nego. to keep the cost down so Time Warner subscribers cost don't go up. supply and demand, theyll neg. thier way out of bussiness.

GrTigers6
12-31-2009, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Can always just hook up an antenna for those with TW. Only if you have a converter to digital

Pick6
12-31-2009, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by bulldog82
supply and demand, theyll neg. thier way out of bussiness.

Wouldn't you want someone to try and save you a dollar? They cave in to Fox what happens when ABC's contract is up? When the networks contract comes up for renewel with Charter, At&t or any other one they are gonna ask for more money. When the providers cost goes up, so does yours. I don't have Charter, but I sure they win this with Fox.

crzyjournalist03
12-31-2009, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
Only if you have a converter to digital

If you have an HDTV, it's already got a digital converter in it, and if you've still got a standard TV, you shouldn't still have one, so that's your own dang fault.

Maroon87
12-31-2009, 04:49 PM
I'm glad I have Comcast...:cool:

STANG RED
12-31-2009, 04:59 PM
I bet they'll reach an 11th hour deal. These things usually do. Just depends on who blinks first. Unless they both attended the Leach / Tech school of negotiations that is.:D

BullsFan
12-31-2009, 05:32 PM
The thing is, Fox is asking for $1 per subscriber, which is a fraction of what Time Warner pays to ESPN and equal what they're paying for TNT. TNT!!! How many people watch TNT and ESPN vs how many people watch Fox, especially with American Idol and 24 both premiering this month? Seriously, why is Time Warner dragging their feet on this?

ETA: This is yet another reason I love my DirecTV.

Pick6
12-31-2009, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
The thing is, Fox is asking for $1 per subscriber, which is a fraction of what Time Warner pays to ESPN and equal what they're paying for TNT. TNT!!! How many people watch TNT and ESPN vs how many people watch Fox, especially with American Idol and 24 both premiering this month? Seriously, why is Time Warner dragging their feet on this?

ETA: This is yet another reason I love my DirecTV.

So your bill goes up $1. Then when ABC renews, that's another $1, CBS another $1, ESPN $1 and so on and so on. It will also happen to DirecTv. The consumer loses if the Networks win.

BullsFan
12-31-2009, 06:27 PM
Time Warner should have thought of that before they agreed to give ESPN $4 per customer. Time Warner made several billion in PROFIT last year. It's not right, and I don't blame Fox.

Emerson1
12-31-2009, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
Only if you have a converter to digital
Its about to be 2010, you should have an HDTV by now

Yoe_09
12-31-2009, 08:05 PM
This is why you get Satellite TV

Txbroadcaster
12-31-2009, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
This is why you get Satellite TV

they have the same issues from time to time

Yoe_09
12-31-2009, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
they have the same issues from time to time

I just prefer it over Cable and idk if they offer it but Directv has the MLB package that I must have.