PDA

View Full Version : Florida and Tech-about to shake up the coaching ranks

charlesrixey
12-30-2009, 06:20 PM
Just as Missouri would if they left for the Big 10, who fills Meyer and Leach's spots?

The ramifications could be huge--Who would Florida go for (they would probably get whoever they wanted)

Patterson? this whole mess is insane, when you start thinking about the possibilities.

Two jobs have opened up long after the silly coach-signing season has subsided and the bowls have begun. Someone huge is going to leave for Florida, and some big university is going to be looking for another big one, and so on.

thoughts?

eagleqb_14
12-30-2009, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
Just as Missouri would if they left for the Big 10, who fills Meyer and Leach's spots?

The ramifications could be huge--Who would Florida go for (they would probably get whoever they wanted)

Patterson? this whole mess is insane, when you start thinking about the possibilities.

Two jobs have opened up long after the silly coach-signing season has subsided and the bowls have begun. Someone huge is going to leave for Florida, and some big university is going to be looking for another big one, and so on.

thoughts?

florida isnt oing after anyone...urban will be back next year

N4SIR
12-30-2009, 07:36 PM
Agree, Meyer will be back next year. After his boys beat the crap out of Cincinatti he will be all better and ready to go for another year.

LE Dad
12-30-2009, 08:35 PM
The Florida position is interesting. I would not rule it a given Meyer will be back. I think his family will be the deciding factor. He could become an analyst and spend more time at home with alot less stress. Time will tell.

Texas Tech has basically handicapped themselves. The best option at this point may be promoting the Asst coach. That will certainly help with recruiting, smooth things with fan base and possibly keep up winning atmosphere.
I don't see anyone leaving an establised program to walk into that chaos. If they do they better get a long term deal cause unless they run a pass happy offense it will be ugly for a bit.

Wow!! And I thought it would be a slow week on here:doh: