PDA

View Full Version : Good news for Texans fans sorta

Keith7
12-30-2009, 05:05 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4782745

You need a win over the Patriots so thats good but it would help if the Bengals didn't "lay down"

Gobbla2001
12-30-2009, 10:20 PM
Yah, Jets already got that gift from Indy last week... then again, Texans take care of Jets week 1, or AZ, or Jags, or Titans, or Colts and we're not worrying about this...

Go Raiders! Go Chiefs! and Go Bengals!... only need two of you to win, though Texans doing their part and winning is the ? mark...

may or may not be going to the game... if not the game, I may or may not be going to the parking lot to tailgate... dunno yet...

Maroon87
12-31-2009, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
if not the game, I may or may not be going to the parking lot to tailgate... dunno yet...

That might be better than actually going into the stadium...the Reliant tailgates are pretty awesome.

Gobbla2001
12-31-2009, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
That might be better than actually going into the stadium...the Reliant tailgates are pretty awesome.

They are... really enjoy it... we usually get there, get the pit going and then go walk around the parking lot... lots of stuff going on...

Cowboy_Up
12-31-2009, 01:29 PM
I'll be tailgating, and going inside to watch game and then post game tailgating if we win....could be a brew flu Monday for me.

Gobbla2001
12-31-2009, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Cowboy_Up
I'll be tailgating, and going inside to watch game and then post game tailgating if we win....could be a brew flu Monday for me.

take the oven mitts with you... they make for great post-game fun in the Orange lot..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nedpKcsG_K4

ziggy29
12-31-2009, 03:26 PM
It could help the Texans if the Pats "lay down" and sit their starters for much of the game just as they were hurt when the Colts did it and handed the Jets a win.

In any event, if the Texans don't make it -- even if they beat the Patriots -- they can't blame the Colts for sandbagging against the Jets. They were 1-5 within the division, including a four-game losing streak in their division.

sahen
12-31-2009, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by ziggy29

In any event, if the Texans don't make it -- even if they beat the Patriots -- they can't blame the Colts for sandbagging against the Jets. They were 1-5 within the division, including a four-game losing streak in their division.

of course if the colts would have laid down in one of the games against the Texans then they would have won and they'd be most likely going to the playoffs...it works both ways.....

Highschoolfan78
12-31-2009, 05:30 PM
take the oven mitts with you... they make for great post-game fun in the Orange lot..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nedpKcsG_K4

Awesome, that looks like a blast.

Gobbla2001
12-31-2009, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by ziggy29

Amen... if we win those close games (all freakin' 6 of 'em), maybe we're the ones laying down this week...

at this point in the season in the NFL, you have to play with the hand you're dealt... in this case, the hand was dealt by you...

ziggy29
01-01-2010, 11:19 AM
Amen... if we win those close games (all freakin' 6 of 'em), maybe we're the ones laying down this week...

Not only that, but while some teams may lay down in a fairly meaningless game before the playoffs, if there's any one guy in the NFL who wouldn't, it's Belichick. He's pedal to the floor all the way, start to finish. He doesn't know how to coach any other way. I'd be surprised if the Texans really are the beneficiary of the Pats laying down and pulling starters.