PDA

View Full Version : Seems like there are a few ex-Tech players that are actully happy Leach was fired

Z-RO
12-30-2009, 04:07 PM
http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz30/zrozrozro/zzz-1.jpg

carter08
12-30-2009, 04:52 PM
hahaha

BEAST
12-30-2009, 05:54 PM
When all this unfolds I think we will see that this was just he was on his last chance. I have heard that other, much worse things have happened. We shall see.

BEAST

NateDawg39
12-30-2009, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
When all this unfolds I think we will see that this was just he was on his last chance. I have heard that other, much worse things have happened. We shall see.

BEAST At the same time, there are a ton of players former and current who are supporting Leach and attacking Adam. Graham Harrell even said that Adam was lazy and found ways to cut corners. I wouldnt be surprised if the guys who are attacking Leach are just bitter they were not a part of pass happy pirate land :D

Txbroadcaster
12-30-2009, 05:59 PM
EVERY coach has former players that will love him and former players that will hate him.

westtxfballfan
12-30-2009, 06:03 PM
This is the bizarre part of the story. I haven't heard any of the current players defend Leach. The few that have posted or voiced an opinion have been glad he's gone. I understand that it might just be a handful of disgruntled players, but I can't wait til we hear more from the rest of them. What gives?? Wondering if a year from now with a new coach, ala Briles or Sumlin, this isn't a good thing for Tech. I can't believe I'm saying that, but...

NateDawg39
12-30-2009, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by westtxfballfan
This is the bizarre part of the story. I haven't heard any of the current players defend Leach. The few that have posted or voiced an opinion have been glad he's gone. I understand that it might just be a handful of disgruntled players, but I can't wait til we hear more from the rest of them. What gives?? Wondering if a year from now with a new coach, ala Briles or Sumlin, this isn't a good thing for Tech. I can't believe I'm saying that, but... My cousin who attends Tech said a lot of students who do not play are very upset and that some were going to fake cry every time he is seen on campus next semester (if he is there)

slingshot
12-30-2009, 06:29 PM
This is the bizarre part of the story. I haven't heard any of the current players defend Leach. The few that have posted or voiced an opinion have been glad he's gone. I understand that it might just be a handful of disgruntled players, but I can't wait til we hear more from the rest of them. What gives?? Wondering if a year from now with a new coach, ala Briles or Sumlin, this isn't a good thing for Tech. I can't believe I'm saying that, but... Let's see how happy they are after about the 4th or 5th loss in a row or a losing season or playing in front of 30,000 people at home...

YTBulldogs
12-30-2009, 06:44 PM
Man, I wonder if Leach made his guys run after practice too. What a mean man.

None of these wannabe players would make it through a Bear Bryant system for sure. Placed in a quite dark closet would of been heaven.

Snydertigersrul
12-30-2009, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Z-RO
http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz30/zrozrozro/zzz-1.jpg

Look at the list, alll benchwarmers and never contributed much on the field.

Snydertigersrul
12-30-2009, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by slingshot
Let's see how happy they are after about the 4th or 5th loss in a row or a losing season or playing in front of 30,000 people at home...

Do you think they can draw that many???

NateDawg39
12-30-2009, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Do you think they can draw that many??? I was thinking 15,000 tops

Phantom Stang
12-30-2009, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Look at the list, alll benchwarmers and never contributed much on the field.
Even the girl and the Longhorn?:D

Z-RO
12-30-2009, 07:00 PM
LA Reed wasnt a bench warmer

Z-RO
12-30-2009, 07:07 PM
LA Reed wasnt a bench warmer

And what about Perry and Charbonet taking up for James?

slingshot
12-31-2009, 01:08 AM
LA Reed wasnt a bench warmer You're right--he was a top-flight recruit reciever that never panned out, kept getting beat out for playing time and finally asked to move to DB his senior year to get on the field...

Z-RO
12-31-2009, 01:10 AM
You're right--he was a top-flight recruit reciever that never panned out, kept getting beat out for playing time and finally asked to move to DB his senior year to get on the field...

And what about Perry and Charbonet taking up for James?

Z-RO
12-31-2009, 02:16 AM
You're right--he was a top-flight recruit reciever that never panned out, kept getting beat out for playing time and finally asked to move to DB his senior year to get on the field...

Oh and to top what Perry and Charbonet thought

Wide receiver Tramain Swindall said he supported the decision to fire Leach.

“I do agree and I’m supporting Adam and what he’s doing because it’s the right thing to do,” Swindall told the AP in a telephone interview.

Swindall said he believes Leach was at times out of line in how he treated players.

“And so do most of the players,” he said.

“It wasn’t just about Adam. It was always a negative vibe.”

bobcat4life
12-31-2009, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
I was thinking 15,000 tops 5 years from now they will be like Baylor was 5-10 years ago and on par with SMU

NateDawg39
12-31-2009, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
5 years from now they will be like Baylor was 5-10 years ago and on par with SMU Who is Texas Tech??

YTBulldogs
12-31-2009, 06:49 AM
"Remember that year, when TT beat the Longhorns and kept them from going to the National Championship Game. Now look at them in 2013, struggling against TLU." -- Craig James reports for QVC

3afan
12-31-2009, 08:15 AM
:rolleyes:

well the facts are coming out ---- more and more support for the firing, not that people wanted it, but people understanding WHY

NateDawg39
12-31-2009, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs
"Remember that year, when TT beat the Longhorns and kept them from going to the National Championship Game. Now look at them in 2013, struggling against TLU." -- Craig James reports for QVC Craig James is a joke and he is not helping the situation any.

Pick6
12-31-2009, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Craig James is a joke and he is not helping the situation any.

Another joke is placing blame when all the facts aren't out yet.

LH Panther Mom
12-31-2009, 01:06 PM
“I do agree and I’m supporting Adam and what he’s doing because it’s the right thing to do,” Swindall told the AP in a telephone interview.

Swindall said he believes Leach was at times out of line in how he treated players.

“And so do most of the players,” he said.

I haven't heard any of the current players defend Leach.
Of course you haven't! They are SUPPOSED to be practicing for the upcoming game and staying focused on the task at hand, as they should be. Most coaches will have predetermined/preapproved media time for players, so it's not unusual that most/many are not talking.

Personally, I would like to hear Nick, I mean Taylor ;) Potts' take on the situation. He suffered a concussion earlier in the year, didn't he? Maybe it's just me, but I certainly don't recall once hearing anything come out of his, or his parents', mouth over his "treatment". :thinking: :thinking:

Eagle 1
12-31-2009, 01:19 PM
It would tickle me to see ALL OF THE TECH PLAYERS (except spoiled bratt) decide not to suit up Saturday.
Maybe that would open even more eyes.

LH Panther Mom
12-31-2009, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
It would tickle me to see ALL OF THE TECH PLAYERS decide not to suit up Saturday.
The "word" from Lubbock (via my Mom) is that many are talking about just that! :doh:

Pick6
12-31-2009, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Personally, I would like to hear Nick, I mean Taylor ;) Potts' take on the situation. He suffered a concussion earlier in the year, didn't he? Maybe it's just me, but I certainly don't recall once hearing anything come out of his, or his parents', mouth over his "treatment". :thinking: :thinking:

Maybe his "treatment" was different. He might of got a cot in his electrical closet, or shed, or press room, or whatever other type of dungeon they use.

With that being said, Leach thought he was giving but in reality he recieved...lol

Pick6
12-31-2009, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
It would tickle me to see ALL OF THE TECH PLAYERS (except spoiled bratt) decide not to suit up Saturday.
Maybe that would open even more eyes.

Won't ever happen, reason why, scholarships would be pulled.

LH Panther Mom
12-31-2009, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Maybe his "treatment" was different. He might of got a cot in his electrical closet, or shed, or press room, or whatever other type of dungeon they use.

Your disdain for all things Tech is rearing its' ugly head. :p

Pick6
12-31-2009, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Your disdain for all things Tech is rearing its' ugly head. :p

Hey Tech is like my 116th favorite team :p

Really they are my 3rd team, behind UT and ND. I really think they did what they had to do with Leach. No one can always have it their way every time. Maybe he will learn that lesson out of this.

ssgmp5150
12-31-2009, 01:40 PM

BILLYFRED0000
12-31-2009, 01:48 PM
Well I understand a couple of things. First Craig James is a Football guy. He knows about hard workouts and the like. You have to remember the era he played in. It was guys that could not retire but had to find real jobs after their football career was over. If he thought it was important enough to bring to the schools attention, it probably was. What I have heard is the school fired Leach for insubordination. Which would indicate that some other things were and had been going on between him and the powers that be and they had finally had enough. Adam was just the straw that broke the camels back so to speak.

BullsFan
12-31-2009, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Well I understand a couple of things. First Craig James is a Football guy. He knows about hard workouts and the like. You have to remember the era he played in. It was guys that could not retire but had to find real jobs after their football career was over. If he thought it was important enough to bring to the schools attention, it probably was. What I have heard is the school fired Leach for insubordination. Which would indicate that some other things were and had been going on between him and the powers that be and they had finally had enough. Adam was just the straw that broke the camels back so to speak.

I kind of think Adam is going to be a scapegoat in all this. It wasn't his decision to fire Leach. It probably wasn't what he wanted. For all we know, it wasn't even his decision to complain about his treatment. And yet he is considered the bad guy in all this, a 'spoiled kid' who couldn't man up and take it. I think it's a real shame, and I hope it doesn't have a negative impact for years to com.

I am happy to see so many of his teammates taking up for him. If Tech has a chance to win their next game, it will only be through them coming together as a team to get past all this nastiness.