12-30-2009, 01:03 PM
Heard it here.....

http://www.doublet1043.com/default.aspx#

waterboy
12-30-2009, 01:04 PM
nm.....:doh:

waterboy
12-30-2009, 01:06 PM
Not unexpected, though. I'm sure the whole sordid story will come out at a later date as to what REALLY happened to cause this.

Looking4number8
12-30-2009, 01:07 PM
They save $800,000 today but it might just cost them a hell of a lot more later!

Sville
12-30-2009, 01:11 PM
I will be interested to hear the whole story later on as well.

Gobbler Fan
12-30-2009, 01:14 PM
c-ya ....arrrgghhhh:devil:

Phantom Stang
12-30-2009, 01:14 PM
BREAKING NEWS: 11:55a.m. - Sources tell FOX 34 Texas Tech has fired Mike Leach as head football coach.

Before the hearing this morning, Mike Leach's personal attorney, Ted Liggett, received a letter from Texas Tech signed by President Guy Bailey terminating Leach's employment.

According to the letter, Leach is in violation of Article Four of his contract. That's the performance clause, which deals with the health and welfare of players

Liggett tells FOX 34 Leach will be filing a lawsuit against the University "soon."

waterboy
12-30-2009, 01:31 PM
I think Texas Tech will have to pony up some big time money over this. It was a calculated risk on their part, but it's still gonna cost them, even if it is under the table so-to-speak.:cool:

Rabid Cougar
12-30-2009, 01:36 PM
Wonder if this would have happened if it were not Craig James' boy. This couldn't have been the first time Leach did this.

eagleqb_14
12-30-2009, 01:37 PM
he deserved it

bobcat4life
12-30-2009, 01:38 PM
wow

westcoast54
12-30-2009, 01:38 PM
Hope Craig James and his son are HAPPY! What will little Adam do now? He can't stay at Tech.

Bullaholic
12-30-2009, 01:43 PM
Couldn't see this ending up any other way---when your HC threatens to get an injunction to coach in a bowl that is pretty much the end of the line. Shame this had to happen.

Gobbla2001
12-30-2009, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
when your HC threatens to get an injunction to coach in a bowl that is pretty much the end of the line.

yah... that's when I pretty much knew it was over... still this morning people were saying he wouldn't be fired and I couldn't help to think how crazy they were...

wimbo_pro
12-30-2009, 01:49 PM
You gotta think there are other allegations too...which just MIGHT mean that the Jame's were right to bring this to the forefront. We shall see...

Sville
12-30-2009, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
You gotta think there are other allegations too...which just MIGHT mean that the Jame's were right to bring this to the forefront. We shall see...

There is definitely more to the story. It is hard for me to believe that TTU would put itself in such civil jeopardy without corroborating evidence and/or witness' to the James' accusation.

nobogey72
No winners in this deal. TT will look like they did it today to save the bonus money. Leach will look like an idiot and if he sues the school he'll look even worse. The James' look like whiny prima donas. The team will be at a disadvantage in the Bowl game without him on the sidelines. Recruits will re-think. Nobody wins except the Ligget dude that is Leach's lawyer. Pisses me off. The worst thing is that the program at TT will be knocked back a few steps. Hope I'm wrong.

BEAST
This isnt the first time Leach overstepped his bounds with the school president and AD. This was the straw that broke the camels back. I just want to make a point, the James family did not get Leach fired. Leach got Leach fired. The same thing that makes him a good coach is what got him in trouble. He thought he was above the law, geuss he just found out otherwise.

BEAST

Aesculus gilmus
12-30-2009, 01:55 PM
I predict the Tech program will go down the tubes, regardless of whether this was warranted or not.

Like him or hate him, Leach put that program on the map.

BEAST
12-30-2009, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
I predict the Tech program will go down the tubes, regardless of whether this was warranted or not.

Agreed.

BEAST

Snydertigersrul
12-30-2009, 02:00 PM

They need to change Texas Tech's name to CRAIG JAMES UNIVERSITY

TheDOCTORdre
12-30-2009, 02:03 PM
I saw this posted as someone's facebook status

"If you think you're having a bad day, just think that Adam James traveled with the team to the Alamo Bowl in San Antonio and suddenly, yours becomes not so bad."

Additup
12-30-2009, 02:04 PM
Can Texas Tech University limit payoff from a lawsuit? Something regarding "arm of the state" and claiming 11th Amendment immunity?

LE Dad
12-30-2009, 02:14 PM
How can so many smart people screw this situation up sooo badly?? Say goodbye to recruits and overall program. Go ask Indiana how getting rid of a "problem coach" works.

Too much PRIDE by all involved

Ranger Mom
12-30-2009, 02:21 PM

I hope not!!:( That sure is gonna put a damper on our household's "Tech vs. Texas" week!!

Maroon87
12-30-2009, 02:22 PM

True...this could just be the straw that broke the pirate's....errr...camel's back.:thinking:

hollywood
12-30-2009, 02:23 PM
Obviously, Tech doesn't stand behind their coach in Leach. There must be previous underlying issues that determined this action. Media is good at stirring things up. Let the slander begin.

bobcat4life
12-30-2009, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
How can so many smart people screw this situation up sooo badly?? Say goodbye to recruits and overall program. Go ask Indiana how getting rid of a "problem coach" works.

Too much PRIDE by all involved This will hurt the program for a while. As much as the administration hated him, he was great for the program and put them on the map. At a program thats not well known, it helps to be a little different, and theats what he provided.

lakers
12-30-2009, 03:01 PM
I am pissed, and will probably not attend another tech football game before I graduate.

Sure am glad I didn't buy Alamo Bowl tickets.

eagles_victory
12-30-2009, 03:13 PM
I think there are 2 things that could of happened here.

1. The James's story has legs and Leach really did something that a coach shouldn't do like the Mangino situation in Kansas he just crossed the line and all the details aren't out yet.

2. James is a spoiled rich kid who was crying because the coaches actually made him work and TTU was growing tired of all Leach's antics and wanted to save a buck and get rid of all his antics and they just saw this opportunity to do that.

I don't want to speculate but it looks more like number 2 right now.

ivchris
12-30-2009, 03:18 PM
We can always hope it brings Art Briles back to west Texas.

Phantom Stang
12-30-2009, 03:28 PM
Leach's attorney didn't help his case when he went on television, and pointed to an out of operation ice machine, and exhaust fan that is there to remove fumes and air FROM the shed(yes that's what a building like that is called) as "comfort" items.

Also sending THREE trainers to guard...err I mean "see after" him? Give me a break.
If for nothing else, Leach should be fired for inefficient use of staff.

Here's the video

LINK (http://www.kcbd.com/global/Category.asp?C=151146&clipId=&topVideoCatNo=108431&topVideoCatNoB=108535&topVideoCatNoC=111448&topVideoCatNoD=108536&topVideoCatNoE=111449&autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=4421239&flvUri=&partnerclipid)

big daddy russ
12-30-2009, 03:30 PM
As someone who's written a few of these types of stories, it sure doesn't seem like actions stemming from just the James incident. In many of these stories, there are tons of underlying issues, ranging from ethical to economical to political, that cause such a quick action.

How long was it from suspension to termination? Two and a half days (suspended on Monday).

That's a snap decision made entirely with other factors in mind. No doubt the lawsuit and $800k payout factored into that.

Texas Tech will pay through the nose for this. Their investigation wasn't thorough at best.

big daddy russ
12-30-2009, 03:30 PM
While I'm at it, enjoy...

the accuser (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2009/12/texas-tech-players-and-coaches-shed-light-on-leach-and-james/1)

Bullaholic
12-30-2009, 03:35 PM
What a pair---First, Bobby Knight and now Mike Leach. Tech's appetite for hiring outspoken, controversial coaches is unequalled.

Pick6
12-30-2009, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Their investigation wasn't thorough at best.

We don't know that for sure. This investigation has been going on since either the 17th or 19th, that's at least 11 days. Who knows, maybe Leach was down to his last strike. Either way a sad situation that should and could of been avoided if all had put some pride aside.

Trashman
12-30-2009, 03:41 PM
TT may pay nothing, lets not forget that Texas is a "right to work" state, and Leach did violate his contract. Besides, would you hire Leach knowing that he sued his former employer and won? I'll bet he doesn't sue and that he moves on down the road with some sort of severance package.:thinking:

Maroon87
12-30-2009, 03:42 PM
What we need now is one of those weird Al Davis press conferences with the overhead projector like when he fired Kiffin.

You know...the one where he said Jamarcus Russell was a "great player.":doh: ;)

Ranger Mom
12-30-2009, 03:47 PM
I keep reading "helicopter parents"...what in the heck is that??

Bullaholic
12-30-2009, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

My guess would be parents that continuously "hover" over their kids, i.e., over-protective parents.

Ranger Mom
12-30-2009, 03:52 PM
My guess would be parents that continuously "hover" over their kids, i.e., over-protective parents.

Gotcha!!!! That makes sense!!

3afan
12-30-2009, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by westcoast54
Hope Craig James and his son are HAPPY! What will little Adam do now? He can't stay at Tech.

Leach has only himself to blame ...

Txbroadcaster
12-30-2009, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
Leach has only himself to blame ...

Why?

3afan
12-30-2009, 03:59 PM
because everyone has to be responsible for their own actions ... locking a kid in a shed? looks like someone finally called him out for one of his antics in the name of being a 'pirate', it just so happens the kid had a well known daddy

Sville
12-30-2009, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by ivchris
We can always hope it brings Art Briles back to west Texas.

I imagine it would be VERY expensive for TTU to hire a coach within the same conference still under contract.

TheDOCTORdre
12-30-2009, 04:04 PM
can I get a picture of tis "shed" before I cast judgement on Leach

Phantom Stang
12-30-2009, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
It's in the video I posted on page three. provided you're using default settings.

3afan
12-30-2009, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/12-09/1231shed.jpg

slingshot
12-30-2009, 04:10 PM
Anybody want to buy a pair of 40 yd line Alamo Bowl (lower level) tickets... Cheap???:rolleyes: I'm done with Tech. With all the big guns graduating everybody they had a good shot at the Big 12 South next year with the talent they have coming back... now they go 6-6, maybe. Hook'Em Horns!

RoTex
12-30-2009, 04:11 PM
As a Tech alumni I can honestly say I hope Tech gets sued the h*** out ofGood luck filling those extra 20,000 seats you just added because the reason our program is on the map just got fired by a basketball coach AD.

3afan
12-30-2009, 04:12 PM
he violated his contract - he will not win a lawsuit --- besides who would hire a coach that sued his formed employer?

TheDOCTORdre
12-30-2009, 04:16 PM
Adam James is punk @$$ kid

3afan
12-30-2009, 04:24 PM
some players are saying they are glad that James took a stand and that this is not the worst Leach has done ...

Txbroadcaster
12-30-2009, 04:27 PM
I still have not seen or heard anything that IMO is a fireable offense..reprimand him sure, but fire him? Sorry but this has hidden agenda written all over it.

areacode337
12-30-2009, 04:34 PM
got this in an email:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VFC3XJ8Kx8

Phantom Stang
12-30-2009, 04:35 PM
Adam James
Adam James

Player Profile
Class:
RS Sophomore
Hometown:
Celina, Texas
High School:
Celina

Height / Weight:
6-3 / 216
Position:
Inside Receiver
Birthdate:
02/05/1988
Experience:
1L
Major:
Undeclared

2008 REDSHIRT FRESHMAN SEASON
Ended the year with 15 catches for 159 yards and one touchdown ... two catches for 27 yards in win over Baylor ... one reception for 22 yards at Oklahoma ... had a 12-yard reception against Texas ... picked up first touchdown reception of his career in the fourth quarter at Kansas on a strike from Taylor Potts ... finished the game with two catches for 15 yards ... best game of short career at Kansas State with four receptions for 36 yards ... caught Graham Harrell's career-yardage breaking pass ... made a tip-toe sideline grab for 18 yards against UMass ... finished with three receptions for 22 yards ... grabbed a 16-yard reception against SMU ... had a reception for nine yards in his first action as a Red Raider against Eastern Washington.

2007 - FRESHMAN SEASON
Redshirt season ... scout team member ... grayshirt season in 2006 ... began career in January 2007.

CELINA HIGH SCHOOL
Celina High School in Celina, Texas ... played football and baseball ... Three-Star Recruit (Rivals.com; Scout.com) ... No. 30 tight end nationally (Scout.com) ... caught 24 passes for 374 yards and four touchdowns as a senior ... District 13-2A first team ... timed a 4.6 in the forty at the Fort Worth NIKE Training Camp ... participated in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl ... outstanding blocking abilities ... first-team all-conference and all-state honorable mention as a junior ... ... High School Coach: Butch Ford.

PERSONAL
Adam James ... born February 5, 1988, in Plano, Texas ... son of Marilyn and Craig James ... father is a football analyst with ESPN and ABC ... has two older sisters, Jessica and Caylin, and a younger brother, Andy ... enjoys hunting, fishing and being around friends.
offered scholarships by Boston College, Mississippi, Tulsa and Wisconsin

Texas Tech Website (http://www.texastech.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/james_adam00.html)

Cowboy_Up
12-30-2009, 04:52 PM
Is it OK to make a player do extra work for screwing up in school?
Is it OK to make a kid run 500 bleachers in the heat if he quits and wants back?
Is it OK to make a kid sit in a tub of ice water if that's what the trainer says he needs to do to heal faster?
Is it OK to make a player with a leg injury do push ups if he can't practice?

The James kid acted like a spoiled brat and had to sit in the dark for a while...so fire the coach?

Where does it stop? Football is a tough sport played best by tough minded people.

Leach could have sent him home, but maybe, just maybe he was trying to teach the kid something, maybe, just maybe he hadn't given up on him yet.

If every coach released every whiny kid, sports wouldn't be near the educational tool it is now. Part of learning to compete is learning to overcome and remove the limits we put on ourselves. The James kid needs to grow up and while Leach could have handled it better, if he has a rule that injured players still attend practice, even just to watch, what's he supposed to do with a crybaby, let him go home? Any of you have multiple kids? For those that do what happens when you give in to crying and whining? Misery loves company and anarchy follows when you have to teach, coach, or parent to the lowest common denominator. The James kid lost here. He might think he won, but he lost and so did everyone else involved.

scrub c
12-30-2009, 04:52 PM
Well, I hope TT goes down in flames... I also hope the james kid is treated like tattle-tale scum by the whole team.

Tech may get another "big name" coach, but they wont get one that will recruit like Leach did... and ultimately, that will cost them. And frankly I hope it does.

Rustler
12-30-2009, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by RoTex
As a Tech alumni I can honestly say I hope Tech gets sued the h*** out ofGood luck filling those extra 20,000 seats you just added because the reason our program is on the map just got fired by a basketball coach AD.
RoTex I was born and raised in Lubbock, Feel the same way.....But it is a sad day also....shows just what Gerald Meyers and the Admin is made of. There had to be a better way! I feel sorry for the players and coaches left behind except Boy James but......GO Michigan State and Any other Team playing Texas Tech.

Rustler
12-30-2009, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by scrub c
Well, I hope TT goes down in flames... I also hope the james kid is treated like tattle-tale scum by the whole team.

Tech may get another "big name" coach, but they wont get one that will recruit like Leach did... and ultimately, that will cost them. And frankly I hope it does. :ditto: :ditto: :ditto:

Trashman
12-30-2009, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

From the net:

Helicopter parent is a colloquial, early 21st-century term for a parent who pays extremely close attention to his or her child's or children's experiences and problems, particularly at educational institutions. The term was originally coined by Foster W. Cline, M.D. and Jim Fay in their 1990 book Parenting with Love and Logic: Teaching Children Responsibility[1](www.loveandlogic.com). Helicopter parents are so named because, like helicopters, they hover closely overhead, rarely out of reach, whether their children need them or not. In Scandinavia, this phenomenon is known as curling parenthood and describes parents who attempt to sweep all obstacles out of the paths of their children. It is also called "overparenting". Parents try to resolve their child's problems, and try to stop them coming to harm by keeping them out of dangerous situations[2][3].

Some college professors and administrators[who?] are now referring to "Lawnmower parents" to describe mothers and fathers who attempt to smooth out and mow down all obstacles, to the extent that they may even attempt to interfere at their children's workplaces, regarding salaries and promotions, after they have graduated from college and are supposedly living on their own. As the children of "helicopter parents" graduate and move into the job market, personnel and human resources departments are becoming acquainted with the phenomenon as well. Some have reported that parents have even begun intruding on salary negotiations[4]. An extension of the term, "Black Hawk parents," has been coined for those who cross the line from a mere excess of zeal to unethical behavior, such as writing their children's college admission essays.

waterboy
12-30-2009, 05:18 PM
I can understand wanting what's best for your child (children), but being a so-called "helicopter" parent is carrying the "caring" part way yonder too far. If a parent REALLY cared they wouldn't pamper their kid's every little whim, and fight their fights for them. As a parent, you are SUPPOSED to teach your child to be INDEPENDENT. Things in the real world don't always go the way you want them to. That's just a fact of life. Thanks to these type of parents we have spoiled little rich BRATS that throw their (parent's) weight around and get rewarded for obnoxious and immature behavior. That SUCKS! These type of parents just need to be taken behind the woodshed, along with their kids, and given a good whoopin'! That's the way I see it.:mad:

SOMEBODY GET A SWITCH!! Preferrably a THICK weeping willow switch!!:devil:

wimbo_pro
12-30-2009, 05:20 PM
I think there is far more to this story that will change a lot of the "blame the James'" that I see on here. Just a hunch.

Phil C
12-30-2009, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by lakers
I am pissed, and will probably not attend another tech football game before I graduate.

"SHOW SOME SCHOOL LOYALTY!!"

:mad:

waterboy
12-30-2009, 05:32 PM
I think there is far more to this story that will change a lot of the "blame the James'" that I see on here. Just a hunch.
I can see that, but still, "helicopter" parents are NOT doing their kids justice, and are not teaching them independence by fighting their fights and hovering over their "babies" like they do. I'm as indifferent about this situation as one can be, and I'm not laying the blame on anybody in particular. I just can't stand to see parents who screw up their kids like this. It's one of our many societal ills, and I just hate to see it.:(

charlesrixey
12-30-2009, 05:36 PM
WOW

is all i have to say. just saw the headline on yahoo

i am stunned. The school better have more than is being reported on this guy or that 800,000 bonus money seems to be the reason.

wow!

bobcat4life
12-30-2009, 05:39 PM
is it just me or are the "Helicopter Parents" the one that were picked on as children or think they are just better than others? and as a result of this they baby their kids and try to not let their kids get picked on like they did, but it ends up the opposite of that and the kid is the one that gets picked on and is a spoiled brat? Thats what we did with brats-a good @$$ kicking to shut em up.

NateDawg39
12-30-2009, 05:48 PM
Do you think Adam will be welcomed by other players on the team? Or the coaches? The receivers coach obviously thinks Adam is a baby.

charlesrixey
12-30-2009, 05:49 PM

+1

bobcat4life
12-30-2009, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Do you think Adam will be welcomed by other players on the team? Or the coaches? The receivers coach obviously thinks Adam is a baby. there were 3 players on ESPNEWS today defending Adam James and saying it is a more comfortable enviornment with him gone and that they fully support Ruffin McNeil and like him more than Leach

JJWalker
12-30-2009, 05:59 PM
IMO ... this was just a power struggle.

TT admin did not like the Leach because he was so favored.

Mike Leach did not like TT admin suspending him without cause, but realized that if he pushed it, he could make them fire him.

So, Leach forced the TT administration to fire him because he was going to get his injunction and embarass the TT admin.

Leach probably already has an offer for another job or is working on it. So instead of $800K he gets a cool $1.6M and possibly the $800K anyways. And he can take another job.

Leach forced Tech's hand. He wins!

Now Tech can return to playing High School ball and getting hammered by A&M, UT and OU every year. The football world is in order.

Phantom Stang
12-30-2009, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
is it just me or are the "Helicopter Parents" the one that were picked on as children or think they are just better than others? and as a result of this they baby their kids and try to not let their kids get picked on like they did, but it ends up the opposite of that and the kid is the one that gets picked on and is a spoiled brat? Thats what we did with brats-a good @$$ kicking to shut em up.
How come no one's said anything negative about Leach running and cryin' to the courts after being told he couldn't coach on Saturday?

Do y'all think that might have been the result of him having "helicopter parents" while growing up?:D

NateDawg39
12-30-2009, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
there were 3 players on ESPNEWS today defending Adam James and saying it is a more comfortable enviornment with him gone and that they fully support Ruffin McNeil and like him more than Leach Im just going by what I have read but lots of guys are angry at Adam for his past actions such as being lazy, cutting corners, not lifting, saying the coaches are not doing their job, yadda yadda yadda

bobcat4life
12-30-2009, 06:07 PM
Im just going by what I have read but lots of guys are angry at Adam for his past actions such as being lazy, cutting corners, not lifting, saying the coaches are not doing their job, yadda yadda yadda there are alot of current and former players who are supporting him, and there are alot against him. I honestly dont think this was the main reason he was fired. There have been efforts to get him fired by Gerald Meyers for a while and I think this was just a logical reason to fire him even though it was not over this, it was over the long line of disagreements between Leach and Meyers.

slingshot
12-30-2009, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Cowboy_Up
Is it OK to make a player do extra work for screwing up in school?
Is it OK to make a kid run 500 bleachers in the heat if he quits and wants back?
Is it OK to make a kid sit in a tub of ice water if that's what the trainer says he needs to do to heal faster?
Is it OK to make a player with a leg injury do push ups if he can't practice?

The James kid acted like a spoiled brat and had to sit in the dark for a while...so fire the coach?

Where does it stop? Football is a tough sport played best by tough minded people.

Leach could have sent him home, but maybe, just maybe he was trying to teach the kid something, maybe, just maybe he hadn't given up on him yet.

If every coach released every whiny kid, sports wouldn't be near the educational tool it is now. Part of learning to compete is learning to overcome and remove the limits we put on ourselves. The James kid needs to grow up and while Leach could have handled it better, if he has a rule that injured players still attend practice, even just to watch, what's he supposed to do with a crybaby, let him go home? Any of you have multiple kids? For those that do what happens when you give in to crying and whining? Misery loves company and anarchy follows when you have to teach, coach, or parent to the lowest common denominator. The James kid lost here. He might think he won, but he lost and so did everyone else involved. Absolutely the best post I've read on this whole ordeal... you hit it right on the head!

3afan
12-30-2009, 06:27 PM
its the trainers'/doctors' job to handle injured/hurt players, not the coaches job --- Leach had no business making James (any kid) do anything if the kid was hurt

to call James a "spoiled brat" because he came fwd is dumb ..... it was absolutely the right thing do to

and Leach himself said today that the relationship between him and TT was "toxic" - what does that tell you?

slingshot
12-30-2009, 06:41 PM
its the trainers'/doctors' job to handle injured/hurt players, not the coaches job --- Leach had no business making James (any kid) do anything if the kid was hurt

to call James a "spoiled brat" because he came fwd is dumb ..... it was absolutely the right thing do to

and Leach himself said today that the relationship between him and TT was "toxic" - what does that tell you? Exactly how did Leach harm him? Hurt his feelings? Give me a freaking break! It had nothing to do with him coming forward--it had everything to do with him not taking criticism from the coaching staff then telling coaches they were not doing their job. Then he runs to powerful Dad to fight his fight for him when he can't get his release to play for SMU immediately and daddy wants a public apology. Sounds like a spoiled brat to me.
Relationship was toxic because Myers has been butthurt since Leach went and talked to Washington and embarrased him last year... School fired the wrong guy. Myers needs to go!

NastySlot
12-30-2009, 06:41 PM
ok i have some questions....if james is such a spoiled brat prima dona...and always complaining...why didn't leech do what most coaches do and tell him to just get his @$$ off the the field and out of his practice?...........................and the other thing why did heck did james get in the "shed" or closet why didn't he just f- this and leave..........who the heck just lets the the freaking trainer lock him up in a "shed" or closet?

rancher
12-30-2009, 07:02 PM
As a barrister, I agree with Mike Leach. He did the correct thing in going to court against TT. What is he suppose to do, just bend over and be the b..... boy they were about to make him. What would you do in his situation? If you believed you acted correctly and properly, you get a good attorney and fight for your rights. If I remember correctly Craig James was a part of the SMU teams that were found to have committed numerous violations which resulted in SMU getting the death penalty and killing that program. Strange :thinking:

The AD in this case also needs to go, I hope the TT supporters are burning the phone lines up and withholding their money if he is not fired.

Maroon87
12-30-2009, 07:06 PM
I read on the ESPN ticker thingy that Tech said he was fired for insubordination, which I take to mean he was ordered by the administration to apologize and refused.

That will get you fired a pretty high percentage of the time.

So in essence, it wasn't the act itself, but his refusal to folow university orders in the aftermath.

Sweetwater96
12-30-2009, 07:09 PM
I have been thinking about this all afternoon and all I can really say is WOW. I have never cared for nor liked Texas Tech, but I am truly shocked. Leach did great things for the tech football program.

I just got off the phone with a friend that never played football, did not grow up in texas, and does not care about football. It is really hard to argue with someone that does not have an understanding or passion about what football is in the state of Texas. He thinks the decision to fire Leach was a good move. The more I tried to argue, the more I realized you cannot argue with someone that just doesn't get it. That makes me think of the Tech Admin, they just do not get it.

I do not see Tech football being the same after this.

3afan
12-30-2009, 07:11 PM
maybe its you that don't get it - this is about more than Ws and Ls

N4SIR
12-30-2009, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by rancher
As a barrister, I agree with Mike Leach. He did the correct thing in going to court against TT. What is he suppose to do, just bend over and be the b..... boy they were about to make him. What would you do in his situation? If you believed you acted correctly and properly, you get a good attorney and fight for your rights. If I remember correctly Craig James was a part of the SMU teams that were found to have committed numerous violations which resulted in SMU getting the death penalty and killing that program. Strange :thinking:

The AD in this case also needs to go, I hope the TT supporters are burning the phone lines up and withholding their money if he is not fired. Maybe Leach got an attorney not because he believed he acted correctly and properly but because he realized just that opposite of that, that he did not act correctly and properly and this time someone finally called him out.

NastySlot
12-30-2009, 07:19 PM
isn't leech a lawyer?

3afan
12-30-2009, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
isn't leech a lawyer?

he has a law degree

NastySlot
12-30-2009, 07:26 PM
he has a law degree

so he never took the bar or practiced?

N4SIR
12-30-2009, 07:30 PM
he has a law degree That indicates to me that he realizes he has screwed up royaly this time and now needs to cover his a$$.

GrTigers6
12-30-2009, 07:35 PM
I'm sorry, but I just don't see any wrong doing here. Now I may not know all the facts, I just dont see anything wrong.
If Leach has a habit of doing this where are the other allegations?

N4SIR
12-30-2009, 07:38 PM
Just hold tight, now that the door has been open there will be more allegations to come.

NateDawg39
12-30-2009, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
I'm sorry, but I just don't see any wrong doing here. Now I may not know all the facts, I just dont see anything wrong.
If Leach has a habit of doing this where are the other allegations? Well the other kids probably didnt have parents like Adams...you know, the kind that have "pull" around the University. ;)

wimbo_pro
12-30-2009, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
I can see that, but still, "helicopter" parents are NOT doing their kids justice, and are not teaching them independence by fighting their fights and hovering over their "babies" like they do. I'm as indifferent about this situation as one can be, and I'm not laying the blame on anybody in particular. I just can't stand to see parents who screw up their kids like this. It's one of our many societal ills, and I just hate to see it.:(

We shall see...the jury is still out on this one. We might find out that there is much more going on, and that we might be asking "why didn't someone speak up sooner?". I really don't know.

wimbo_pro
12-30-2009, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by slingshot
Exactly how did Leach harm him? Hurt his feelings? Give me a freaking break! It had nothing to do with him coming forward--it had everything to do with him not taking criticism from the coaching staff then telling coaches they were not doing their job. Then he runs to powerful Dad to fight his fight for him when he can't get his release to play for SMU immediately and daddy wants a public apology. Sounds like a spoiled brat to me.
Relationship was toxic because Myers has been butthurt since Leach went and talked to Washington and embarrased him last year... School fired the wrong guy. Myers needs to go!

You must have more information than we do...I have read pretty much everything thats out there. I can't make the leap you have, at least not an informed leap.

Emerson1
12-30-2009, 07:48 PM
Tech owed leach a $800,000 bonus tomorrow

I bet Tech told the James' they would get him his transfer if they brought up this hell storm.

wimbo_pro
12-30-2009, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by rancher

The AD in this case also needs to go, I hope the TT supporters are burning the phone lines up and withholding their money if he is not fired.

James played for SMU, true...I have never heard he was part of the illegal activity. Lets be fair here.

N4SIR
12-30-2009, 07:55 PM
I don't get why so many posters are haters just because the kid has a famous dad. That's just stupid and ignorant. It should not matter what his last name is. Let the facts fall where they may but just because his last name is James is no reason to hate on him or automatically think it's all his fault.

NateDawg39
12-30-2009, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by N4SIR
I don't get why so many posters are haters just because the kid has a famous dad. That's just stupid and ignorant. It should not matter what his last name is. Let the facts fall where they may but just because his last name is James is no reason to hate on him or automatically think it's all his fault. I guarantee you that nobody here hates him cause his dad is famous. They dislike him because of he is a baby and has torn a University apart in less than 3 days

Old Tiger
12-30-2009, 08:12 PM
So let me get this straight...it is okay for a kid to be held unlawfully against his will? And because he has come forward about it he's whiny? Interesting philosophies on this here message board.

NateDawg39
12-30-2009, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
So let me get this straight...it is okay for a kid to be held unlawfully against his will? And because he has come forward about it he's whiny? Interesting philosophies on this here message board. Ahh hes a kid he doesnt know whats good for him :D
I wish someone would have rescued me when I was in the gas chambers in Pendleton

N4SIR
12-30-2009, 08:16 PM
I guarantee you that nobody here hates him cause his dad is famous. They dislike him because of he is a baby and has torn a University apart in less than 3 days Where's your proof? How do you know it's not Leach that "has torn a University apart in less than 3 days"?

NateDawg39
12-30-2009, 08:20 PM
Where's your proof? How do you know it's not Leach that "has torn a University apart in less than 3 days"? Because Leach didn't go to the media about Adam being a baby. Adam went to daddy and daddy convened with the ESPN council about what to do and the Tebow Knights decided Sir Craig James the SMU Bane should take Mike Leach's Pirate hat and eye patch.

:nerd:

Bullaholic
12-30-2009, 08:25 PM
Because Leach didn't go to the media about Adam being a baby. Adam went to daddy and daddy convened with the ESPN council about what to do and the Tebow Knights decided Sir Craig James the SMU Bane should take Mike Leach's Pirate hat and eye patch.

Better lay off the kumyz, Nate....:D

NateDawg39
12-30-2009, 08:26 PM
Better lay off the kumyz, Nate....:D I stay away from weird alcohol thank you. I stick to goats milk :D

GrTigers6
12-30-2009, 08:27 PM
So let me get this straight...it is okay for a kid to be held unlawfully against his will? And because he has come forward about it he's whiny? Interesting philosophies on this here message board. How was he held against his will? Did they have guns:D

BullsFan
12-30-2009, 08:29 PM
No way this is just about the James allegations. NO WAY. Not IMO. I think there was other stuff going on, and the TT admins jumped on the James allegations and used that as a reason to fire him. Now they're not going to talk specifics; instead they'll just hang the James kid out to dry and let the press and the diehards crucify him.

NateDawg39
12-30-2009, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
How was he held against his will? Did they have guns:D No they made him walk the plank and poked him with big swords while yelling "ARGHHHH" over and over...

BullsFan
12-30-2009, 08:31 PM
"Bridgeport sucks at basically everything" Barack Obama

What is up with that??? Did I miss a confab somewhere, or is this as random as it looks?

3afan
12-30-2009, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
No way this is just about the James allegations. NO WAY. Not IMO. I think there was other stuff going on, and the TT admins jumped on the James allegations and used that as a reason to fire him. Now they're not going to talk specifics; instead they'll just hang the James kid out to dry and let the press and the diehards crucify him.

of course there was more to it ............

NateDawg39
12-30-2009, 08:33 PM
What is up with that??? Did I miss a confab somewhere, or is this as random as it looks? :1offtopc:

This is about Baby James and Baby James jr not about things our president might have said at some point :D

Bullaholic
12-30-2009, 08:34 PM
What is up with that??? Did I miss a confab somewhere, or is this as random as it looks?

That's just a little of Nate's ex-Decatur Eagle humor, BullsFan---he's stuck off in Kazakhstan and the thin air is getting to his head...:D

NateDawg39
12-30-2009, 08:35 PM
That's just a little of Nate's ex-Decatur Eagle humor, BullsFan---he's stuck off in Kazakhstan and the thin air is getting to his head...:D Actually im in a worse place now...HOUSTON :cool:

BullsFan
12-30-2009, 08:36 PM
That's just a little of Nate's ex-Decatur Eagle humor, BullsFan---he's stuck off in Kazakhstan and the thin air is getting to his head...:D

Thanks, Bullaholic. That's an explanation I can understand. Apparently ex-Decatur explanations are just as incoherent as ex-Decatur humor. :D :D :D

ETA: Never mind, Nate. Living in Houston is excuse enough for anything. ;)

NateDawg39
12-30-2009, 08:38 PM
Thanks, Bullaholic. That's an explanation I can understand. Apparently ex-Decatur explanations are just as incoherent as ex-Decatur humor. :D :D :D No it is just that you Bulls are not as advanced in the art of language or thinking. We in the modern world have moved on since the stone age :D

BullsFan
12-30-2009, 08:40 PM
No it is just that you Bulls are not as advanced in the art of language or thinking. We in the modern world have moved on since the stone age :D

And yet you still are unfamiliar with the concept of punctuation, especially proper use of a comma. Interesting! :D :D :D

ETA: Back to topic! I maintain that something smells rotten in Lubbock, especially with a firing this close to a bowl appearance.

NateDawg39
12-30-2009, 08:42 PM
And yet you still are unfamiliar with the concept of punctuation, especially proper use of a comma. Interesting! :D :D :D Commas are basic guidelines for those who do not understand the English language or what words mean at the appointed insertion in a sentence. :p

Yes something is rotten in Lubbock and it is probably in the "shed"

LE Dad
12-30-2009, 08:47 PM
Wow, this is such a bizarre situation. I don't think anyone is right and I think they all will suffer. STUPID!!

wimbo_pro
12-30-2009, 08:48 PM
Because Leach didn't go to the media about Adam being a baby. Adam went to daddy and daddy convened with the ESPN council about what to do and the Tebow Knights decided Sir Craig James the SMU Bane should take Mike Leach's Pirate hat and eye patch.

Opinion, pure and simple. Unless you have some info we don't?

You could end up being dead-balls accurate in your opinion. I dont know. But I also know you dont know for sure either.

Phantom Stang
12-30-2009, 08:55 PM
Statement from Mike Leach regarding termination
Posted: Dec 30, 2009 7:10 PM CST

LUBBOCK, TX (MIKE LEACH PRESS RELEASE) - The following statement was released from Mike Leach regarding his recent termination from Texas Tech University as Head Football Coach.

"I want everyone to know what a privilege and pleasure it has been to teach and coach more than 400 student-athletes at Texas Tech University over the past 10 years.

When I arrived at Texas Tech, the football program was on NCAA probation and the graduation rate was far below the national average. However, in the past 10 years, Tech has been to 10 straight bowl games, has the third best record in the Big 12 Conference, and has the highest graduation rate for football players of any public institution in the country.

Over the past several months, there have been individuals in the Texas Tech administration, Board of Regents and booster groups who have dealt in lies, and continue to do so. These lies have led to my firing this morning. I steadfastly refuse to deal in any lies, and am disappointed that I have not been afforded the opportunity for the truth to be known.

Texas Tech's decision to deal in lies and fabricate a story which led to my firing, includes, but is not limited by, the animosity remaining from last year's contract negotiations. I will not tolerate such retaliatory action; additionally, we will pursue all available legal remedies.

These actions taken by Texas Tech have severely damaged my reputation and public image. In addition, Texas Tech has caused harm to not only my family, but to the entire Red Raider nation and the sport of college football.

As you know, I prefer to engage in question and answer sessions; however, in this instance my counsel has advised me to simply make a statement. There will be time to answer questions about this issue in the future, but the serious legal nature of this situation prevents me from going into further detail at this time."
LINK (http://www.kcbd.com/global/story.asp?s=11750331)

NateDawg39
12-30-2009, 09:00 PM
Opinion, pure and simple. Unless you have some info we don't?

You could end up being dead-balls accurate in your opinion. I dont know. But I also know you dont know for sure either. yea we all have opinions it seems...mine are always right though, so you should run along elsewhere :D

LE Dad
12-30-2009, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang

LUBBOCK, TX (MIKE LEACH PRESS RELEASE) - The following statement was released from Mike Leach regarding his recent termination from Texas Tech University as Head Football Coach.

"I want everyone to know what a privilege and pleasure it has been to teach and coach more than 400 student-athletes at Texas Tech University over the past 10 years.

When I arrived at Texas Tech, the football program was on NCAA probation and the graduation rate was far below the national average. However, in the past 10 years, Tech has been to 10 straight bowl games, has the third best record in the Big 12 Conference, and has the highest graduation rate for football players of any public institution in the country Forget the rest of the blah, blah, blah. That is a FACT and to terminate Leach is absurd. Blame who or what you want. He did not beat or verbally abuse the kids to my knowledge. Lock my kid in a shed if you want; if that gets you the above results, go for it.

:D

JJWalker
12-30-2009, 09:22 PM

When I arrived at Texas Tech, the football program was on NCAA probation and the graduation rate was far below the national average. However, in the past 10 years, Tech has been to 10 straight bowl games, has the third best record in the Big 12 Conference, and has the highest graduation rate for football players of any public institution in the country.

Over the past several months, there have been individuals in the Texas Tech administration, Board of Regents and booster groups who have dealt in lies, and continue to do so. These lies have led to my firing this morning. I steadfastly refuse to deal in any lies, and am disappointed that I have not been afforded the opportunity for the truth to be known.

Texas Tech's decision to deal in lies and fabricate a story which led to my firing, includes, but is not limited by, the animosity remaining from last year's contract negotiations. I will not tolerate such retaliatory action; additionally, we will pursue all available legal remedies.

These actions taken by Texas Tech have severely damaged my reputation and public image. In addition, Texas Tech has caused harm to not only my family, but to the entire Red Raider nation and the sport of college football.

As you know, I prefer to engage in question and answer sessions; however, in this instance my counsel has advised me to simply make a statement. There will be time to answer questions about this issue in the future, but the serious legal nature of this situation prevents me from going into further detail at this time."
LINK (http://www.kcbd.com/global/story.asp?s=11750331)
That sounds like lawyer talk, translated, "Texas Tech is going down hard!"

You would think with a law school and all, Tech would have talked to a lawyer before firing him.

Like I said earlier, the football world has returned to normalcy, Tech will join its rightful place with the "Also Rans".

Who-dun-it!!?
12-30-2009, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Additup
Can Texas Tech University limit payoff from a lawsuit? Something regarding "arm of the state" and claiming 11th Amendment immunity?

Think they are trying to jam themselves under the limit of a state agency that can only be sued for up to 100,000.

Not a law student, so not sure.

RMAC
12-30-2009, 09:32 PM
So let me get this straight...it is okay for a kid to be held unlawfully against his will? And because he has come forward about it he's whiny? Interesting philosophies on this here message board.

Nobody made him play football. If him being put somewhere he didn't like was what it took for him to be on the team, how is that "holding" in any way? Nobody held a gun to his head and made him go to football practice. And no, he's whiny because he whines all the time. Let's try to think about things a little more before we ask stupid questions.

3afan
12-30-2009, 09:46 PM
just heard the comments from the TT chancellor - and as one commentator said, what got Mike Leach fired was his ego

wimbo_pro
12-30-2009, 09:46 PM

I wonder if anyone will call this whining as well.

N4SIR
12-30-2009, 09:52 PM
There's no doubt that Leach's program brought fame, prestige and noteriaty to the TT program but to do it at the expense of berating, abusing and cursing young men is the wrong way to go about it.

NateDawg39
12-30-2009, 09:54 PM
I wonder if anyone will call this whining as well. He has to have some defense seeing as how everyone came to save poor Adam without even knowing a full story. Im not sayin Mike Leach is in the right, but Adam is not exactly a golden child from what people close to him say.

NateDawg39
12-30-2009, 09:56 PM
There's no doubt that Leach's program brought fame, prestige and noteriaty to the TT program but to do it at the expense of berating, abusing and cursing young men is the wrong way to go about it. Is there proof he cursed and abused young men?

Trashman
12-30-2009, 10:02 PM
Is there proof he cursed and abused young men?

He's a football coach isn't he?

bandera7
12-30-2009, 10:02 PM
I know my family personally got to meet Leach and they all loved him. He is a great guy according to my dad and aunts and uncles. They all are of the attitude that he wouldnt do something to intentionally damage a young person. And by all accounts, Adam James is the nightmare of a student athlete in College-he feels entitled to everything and will not work for it. Again, all of this is second hand stuff. However, when everybody says the same thing...it adds up.

bandera7
12-30-2009, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
He's a football coach isn't he?

The coaches at Bandera get in trouble for cursing out the athletes. I know there is a stereotype for coaches but, at the same time, there are exceptions. our head coach/AD does not allow cursing.

Eagle 1
12-30-2009, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by lakers

I know one thing. I had thought about going to the game before all of this came up. Just this past weekend I was online looking at tickets, but now.....I probably wont even watch it on TV!
Craig James can get..........

I hope Leach sues thier AS$ off.:mad:

NateDawg39
12-30-2009, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
He's a football coach isn't he? Yea but I want proof that it happened. I had coaches who never cursed a word at us. Of course I went to ACU ;)

Who-dun-it!!?
12-30-2009, 10:08 PM
I think I need to sue the United States Army for the training I received, and volunteered to receive. Man I wish I would have been given a free break time in a shed with an ice machine, or a confrence room with an air conditioner while everybody else was out bustin there humps. As a matter of fact, I better add DPS to the list. They had the gaul to offer me a great carreer and put me thru hell to earn it. How dare them! 15 hour days and 6 months away from my wife and children. Yea, I might just have a case? Or better yet, I'll sit back and appreciate all I have been blessed with and do my best to live up to the standards of those who served before me. Whiners Suk! .

NateDawg39
12-30-2009, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
I think I need to sue the United States Army for the training I received, and volunteered to receive. Man I wish I would have been given a free break time in a shed with an ice machine, or a confrence room with an air conditioner while everybody else was out bustin there humps. As a matter of fact, I better add DPS to the list. They had the gaul to offer me a great carreer and put me thru hell to earn it. How dare them! 15 hour days and 6 months away from my wife and children. Yea, I might just have a case? Or better yet, I'll sit back and appreciate all I have been blessed with and do my best to live up to the standards of those who served before me. Whiners Suk! . :clap: :clap: :clap:

OldBison75
12-30-2009, 10:10 PM
According to myfoxlubbock.com, this is from the court documents that TT filed in reference to the injunction hearing that was scheduled for today:

"According to court documents filed by Texas Tech, President Bailey and Athletic Director Gerald Myers met with Leach Saturday to discuss the incident.

At the meeting, Leach was presented with a letter outlining the University's concerns and setting forth several conditions. As they read in the letter: "Any player claiming an injury will be examined by a physician and cleared in writing prior to practicing or playing; You (Leach) must recognize that the players you are working with are student athletes and that you have an obligation to treat them with respect and further to conduct yourself in a manner consistent with your position; You (Leach) must at all times assure the fair and responsible treatment of student athletes in relation to their health, welfare and discipline; There will be no retaliation against any student who has suffered an injury."

Leach was instructed to sign the letter confirming he'd received it. He refused to do so.

The University maintains these guidelines tie directly into Article Four of Leach's contract."

The refusal to acknowlege he had been notified of of the complaint and the University's position on the issue, was determined to be insubordination and resulted in the suspension of the coach.

Further information--including a copy of the contract that Leach himself placed in the court record, indicates that Leach was forbidden by contract to publicy make any statements that reflected badly on the university or administration. Such statements could be grounds for termination and/or other penalties.

I would guess that the fact he filed the injunction was not only an act of insubordination and defiance of his superiors, it was also worded that this was retaliation for the contract negotiations from last year and other ongoing problems. In my book, that is a statement that reflects badly on the university. If I was a boss of a business and an employee was expressing that kind of accusation and defiance in public, he would be gone too.

TOO BAD THAT THERE AR SO MANY EGOS IN THIS BATTLE THAT NONE COULD FIND A WAY TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM WITHOUT THE PUBLIC LAUNDERING OF EVERYBODY'S DIRTY CLOTHES. NO ONE WINS--AND TEXAS TECH NOW HAS A STUDENT BODY THAT IS DIVIDED AND ANGRY. NOT GOOD FOR ANYBODY.

NateDawg39
12-30-2009, 10:14 PM
As much as I do not like the fact Adam James is known for being lazy and a guy who cuts corners, I wonder about his safety around campus.

Additup
12-30-2009, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
Think they are trying to jam themselves under the limit of a state agency that can only be sued for up to 100,000.

Not a law student, so not sure.

I thought it was $250,000 but that's why I asked. I'm not a lawyer either...if so, Tech just saved about $2 million, but they're getting crushed with bad press.

DDBooger
12-30-2009, 10:16 PM
As much as I do not like the fact Adam James is known for being lazy and a guy who cuts corners, I wonder about his safety around campus. I'm sure he's only around people who feel the same. Dlineman Chris Perry came out and said this was essentially a good thing. I bet them two will become good friends or James may need to use those phones around campus that prevent rapes at night.

3afan
12-30-2009, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1

I hope Leach sues thier AS$ off.:mad:

on what grounds?

N4SIR
12-30-2009, 10:19 PM
Is there proof he cursed and abused young men? The only proof I have is the TT Chancellor himself saying that coach Leach gave James "a good cussin" as reported on ESPN at halftime of the Nebraska game. That's enough proof for me.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-30-2009, 10:20 PM
As much as I do not like the fact Adam James is known for being lazy and a guy who cuts corners, I wonder about his safety around campus.

Don't worry. He'll be fine at SMU. I'm Sure an alumnist will hook him up with lots of cash and a nice place to stay while he continues to dominate in D-1. Of corse SMU will suffer for these actions but this kid will go on to have a nice carreer in the NFL. Later on he will become an ESPN analist and bail his kid outta some bogas jam he creates due to a disagreement with some coach who's not making him known like Crabtree. I wouldn't worry bout this guy. The apple dosn't fall far from the Tree. Dad turned out fine.

bigwood33
12-30-2009, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
those phones around campus that prevent rapes at night.
Phones that prevent rapes! That may be the GREATEST invention of all time! They should be installed everywhere:D :D

DDBooger
12-30-2009, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
Phones that prevent rapes! That may be the GREATEST invention of all time! They should be installed everywhere:D :D or at least in places you're wearing a pretty little dress lol :D

bigwood33
12-30-2009, 10:33 PM
or at least in places you're wearing a pretty little dress lol :D
Of course I knew what you meant but it was just too tempting! OBTW, if I were wearing a dress, I would not be wearing a little one and I would NOT be a good looking woman LOL! I would not be a likely target...if you know what I mean:D

N4SIR
12-30-2009, 10:34 PM
I'm sure he's only around people who feel the same. Dlineman Chris Perry came out and said this was essentially a good thing. I bet them two will become good friends or James may need to use those phones around campus that prevent rapes at night. Perry isn't the only player taking James side. The center has also spoken out against Leach and I will bet as time moves on there will be other players who come out in support of James.

NateDawg39
12-30-2009, 10:36 PM
The only proof I have is the TT Chancellor himself saying that coach Leach gave James "a good cussin" as reported on ESPN at halftime of the Nebraska game. That's enough proof for me. Dont believe everything you hear.

DDBooger
12-30-2009, 10:37 PM
Perry isn't the only player taking James side. The center has also spoken out against Leach and I will bet as time moves on there will be other players who come out in support of James. I'm sure, like TXB said, players may give off the look of solidarity, but mostly for each other, not always the coach. Sometimes coaches bring teams together by making themselves the source of animosity that unites the team :) (Herb Brooks).

N4SIR
12-30-2009, 10:38 PM
I don't know you or the Chancellor but I will believe what the Chancellor says versus your uninformed opinions.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-30-2009, 10:38 PM
Perry isn't the only player taking James side. The center has also spoken out against Leach and I will bet as time moves on there will be other players who come out in support of James.

I just read your signature. I salute You Sir!:clap:

NateDawg39
12-30-2009, 10:39 PM
I don't know you or the Chancellor but I will believe what the Chancellor says versus your uninformed opinions. Yea he is a true saint of our time :rolleyes:

N4SIR
12-30-2009, 10:41 PM
Thanks. I personally did not serve but my nephew is currently in the Marines and has served 2 tours in Iraq. I have that signature in his honor as well as all the fine men and women who are serving and have served. I appreciate you taking time to read it. The words are so true.

3afan
12-30-2009, 10:41 PM
hey Mike - "when you're in a hole, stop digging!"

apparently Leach had an out but refused to take it

Eagle 1
12-30-2009, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Additup
I thought it was $250,000 but that's why I asked. I'm not a lawyer either...if so, Tech just saved about $2 million, but they're getting crushed with bad press.

Really? If anything they just cost themselves about $2 million in ticket sales as well as alumni donations.

Well next time Tech calls me asking for a donation….I’ll ask if the money is going towards paying off this stupid decision which I suspect will end up in court!!

http://www.redraiders.com/2009/12/30/mike-leach-fired/

The Tech alumni I have talked today are very upset with this decision.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-30-2009, 10:53 PM
Thanks. I personally did not serve but my nephew is currently in the Marines and has served 2 tours in Iraq. I have that signature in his honor as well as all the fine men and women who are serving and have served. I appreciate you taking time to read it. The words are so true.

I was lucky enough to serve in peace time But I too signed that check. And I was glad to do so. As I did again when I became a State Trooper. This incident sickens me. Just a short time ago i along with litterally hundreds of other Troopers were mobalized to Hurricane Ike and slept in conditions that most people would find in-humane. We stayed in these conditions for weeks at a time. We've been mobalized to the Mexico Border countless times to assist in a violant world that the media is not covering like it should. Matter of fact I'm headed back there next week. We do it becaused we chose our carreer and are proud to serve. This Kid chose to play D-1 football. He was taken out of the nasty weather (Ice and Snow) and made comfortable in a "Shed" until other arraingements could have been made. And later in a Confrence room again away from the elements. I'd like to see his reaction if he is asked to sleep in a prison, or a warehouse floor. Or a hotel with no exterior windows in the middle of hurricane. And by the way, God Bless your nephew.

N4SIR
12-30-2009, 11:00 PM
Even though our opinions on the TT situation differ right now (I'm sure one of our opinions will change as more facts come out), I also would like to say to you and the other men and women in the various law enfrocement agencies how much I appreciate your service to the people of this great country and the great state of TEXAS -- where high school football is king. And you are so right about the border situation. It's out of control and very few people seem to care. Any thoughts on whether Perry or Hutchinson would be a stronger advocate for the border problems we have?

Who-dun-it!!?
12-30-2009, 11:13 PM
Even though our opinions on the TT situation differ right now (I'm sure one of our opinions will change as more facts come out), I also would like to say to you and the other men and women in the various law enfrocement agencies how much I appreciate your service to the people of this great country and the great state of TEXAS -- where high school football is king. And you are so right about the border situation. It's out of control and very few people seem to care. Any thoughts on whether Perry or Hutchinson would be a stronger advocate for the border problems we have?

I think Perry is probably in the state's best interest. Although its more of a national issue than a state issue. I tend to side with Perry not because I like him, but because I think he will oppose the national influence in areas that best fit the State of Texas.

Emerson1
12-30-2009, 11:47 PM
Tech needed Leach

Leach doesn't need Tech. Wouldn't surprised me if he already has job offers.

lakers
12-30-2009, 11:48 PM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101601

Additup
12-31-2009, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
Really? If anything they just cost themselves about $2 million in ticket sales as well as alumni donations.
No doubt about that !

bobcat4life
12-31-2009, 02:38 AM
James played for SMU, true...I have never heard he was part of the illegal activity. Lets be fair here. I know Craig fairly well and he has admitted it with a smitten face before when asked about it.
He wasnt very rich at all (he had as bad of a car as you could get, and his parents had a beat up, worn out pickup truck.) After just a few weeks on campus, his parents recieved a new BMW, and he got a new car as well. paid well :D

ssgmp5150
12-31-2009, 11:27 AM
Anybody from Celina that knew Adam care to chime in on his work ethic while at Celina? I am sure there are some Celina posters that could shed some light on this kids character, etc...From what I have read, it sounds like he was an entitled prima donna that was spoiled rotten???? Anyone care to elaborate????

NateDawg39
12-31-2009, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by ssgmp5150
Anybody from Celina that knew Adam care to chime in on his work ethic while at Celina? I am sure there are some Celina posters that could shed some light on this kids character, etc...From what I have read, it sounds like he was an entitled prima donna that was spoiled rotten???? Anyone care to elaborate???? I bet the Craig paid them all off to keep quiet. Or maybe he promised to send the best recruits from out of state to play for them and get another State Championship :thinking: :thinking: :devil: :devil:

kepdawg
12-31-2009, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by ssgmp5150
Anybody from Celina that knew Adam care to chime in on his work ethic while at Celina? I am sure there are some Celina posters that could shed some light on this kids character, etc...From what I have read, it sounds like he was an entitled prima donna that was spoiled rotten???? Anyone care to elaborate????

Just read the threads. Plenty has been said.

ssgmp5150
12-31-2009, 11:36 AM
I am just curious if this was perhaps a personality conflict with the staff at TT or if this was a previous problem that is just now rearing it's ugly head??? Was he like this at Celina???

Originally posted by kepdawg
Just read the threads. Plenty has been said.