PDA

View Full Version : Leach SHOULD be suspended

3afan
12-30-2009, 10:11 AM
great column by the DMN's Kevin Sherrington - he nails it IMO

-------------------------------------

Suspension of Texas Tech's Mike Leach well-deserved

10:32 PM CST on Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Column by KEVIN SHERRINGTON / The Dallas Morning News | ksherrington@dallasnews.com

No matter what you may think of Mike Leach or famous fathers or a university that has not once but twice employed high-profile coaches who win games, graduate players and still generate controversy, the facts of the latest circus at Texas Tech are this:

Adam James was diagnosed with a concussion.

His coach mocked the prescribed treatment.

Other than that, you can believe all the scenarios and conspiracy theories you like, and it won't make any difference.

Even if Tech officials didn't hold a grudge against Leach over past sins and his ugly contract negotiations, he'd deserve this suspension.

Even if Adam James' father were not an ESPN commentator and former college football star, Leach would deserve it.

Even if Leach were not such an entertaining character whom I enjoy interviewing, he'd deserve it.

Let's not get caught up in all the hysteria between the Pirate and anti-Pirate forces at work here. The argument over some of the details isn't all that pertinent, either. Never mind where James sat out practice, which was somewhere between Cool Hand Luke's hot box and the place where Tech keeps its sportswriters.

The fact is that Leach told trainers to find a dark, isolated place and stick Adam in it.

The message was clear: Leach didn't like the diagnosis and/or James.

He also sent a message, perhaps inadvertently, to the rest of his players. Concussions may be the most underreported injuries in athletics, which makes them all the more dangerous. When a coach in effect tells his players this is how he deals with head injuries, it hardly encourages them to say they might have a problem.

A brilliant, well-read guy, Leach surely couldn't have missed all the research now available about the short- and long-term effects of concussions.

Victims react in different ways. Some athletes have shown signs of premature dementia. Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach had several concussions and both have had productive careers since.

Some athletes never get the chance. I once interviewed the family of a young Round Rock athlete who sustained two concussions, the first relatively mild, in the space of 24 hours and died as a result. The fact that second-impact syndrome is extremely rare was little consolation.

The evolution of sports medicine continues to make demands of coaches. Once upon a time, they didn't allow athletes access to water. No one thinks that's a good idea anymore. Why? Because research showed it wasn't.

The latest research is that once you have a concussion, you're more likely to have another. And multiple concussions are a bad thing, even "mild" ones, which are the kind that happen to someone else.

From all accounts, Leach didn't further risk James' health. He didn't order him back on the practice field, anyway. But the disdain he showed for the process contributes to an unhealthy environment on such a key medical issue and mirrors his attitude about injuries in general and perhaps James in particular.

The message from former Tech players who have been in contact with current players and coaches is that James is "soft," a nearly slanderous accusation that is utterly beside the point.

Are some players not tough enough for D-I athletics? Absolutely.

Do some fake injuries? Without a doubt.

Did Adam James have a concussion?

Yes. A doctor said so. No one disputes it.

Except maybe Mike Leach, who made his point crudely. As smart as he is, you'd think he know better than to take on such a hot topic. But his arrogance at times tips the scales.

Because of it, he deserves this suspension from the Alamo Bowl, which is appropriate for his conduct regarding an injured player.

As for his dismissal? I'm not for that. But I'm not scheduled to pay him an $800,000 bonus if he's still employed Thursday, either.

The Pirate keeps giving his enemies reasons to get rid of him. But then Tech officials once had a basketball coach who did the same. They should be used to it by now.

raider red 2000
12-30-2009, 10:20 AM
. Statement by Inside Receivers Coach, Lincoln Riley-
"Two practices before Adam James claimed he had a concussion, Coach Leach and I were forced to discipline him for poor effort from the previous practice and poor effort during the early drills of that day. This has been a common theme about Adam's work ethic and attitude during his entire career... He complained to me that we were not doing our jobs as coaches and that his effort was just fine... I have no doubt that anger from this led to where we are today with this situation and is his way of trying to 'get back' at us coaches."

2. Former TTU Coach Dana Holgersen Supports Leach
http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/sports/local/091229-leach-goes-court

3. KCBD in Lubbock Gets Exclusive Look at Shed/Garage (Video)
http://www.kcbd.com/global/Category.asp?C=151146&clipId=&topVideoCatNo=108431&topVideoCatNoB=108535&topVideoCatNoC=111448&topVideoCatNoD=108536&topVideoCatNoE=111449&autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=4421239&flvUri=&partnerclipid

Sville
12-30-2009, 10:40 AM
Leach should be suspended and fired for being an DA. All he had to do was apologize and release AJ to transfer. The only thing that would have come out of this whole ordeal is a blip on the web about AJ transferring to SMU. The Pirate's arrogance and pride got in the way. There is little argument that Leach is a good coach but he is obviously not worth a darn at the political side of it.

Pride cometh before the fall

44INAROW
12-30-2009, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Sville
There is little argument that Leach is a good coach but he is obviously not worth a darn at the political side of it.

Pride cometh before the fall

Interesting.. I thought he was hired to COACH not be a politician?? oops.. I said I was going to stay out of this :doh:
but since I decided to "open that door" - based on what I have read/heard - I think the kid and the dad are :weeping: :weeping: The boy certainly doesn't look abused to me. Sounds like Leach did daddy a favor taking his lack luster son in as a scholarship player to begin with. Will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

ps I am NOT a Leach fan either so that's not why I say the above

STANG RED
12-30-2009, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by raider red 2000

3. KCBD in Lubbock Gets Exclusive Look at Shed/Garage (Video)
http://www.kcbd.com/global/Category.asp?C=151146&clipId=&topVideoCatNo=108431&topVideoCatNoB=108535&topVideoCatNoC=111448&topVideoCatNoD=108536&topVideoCatNoE=111449&autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=4421239&flvUri=&partnerclipid

With all we know now, I support Leach for the moment. But just seeing and listening to his lawyer, makes me wonder just how smart this guy really is. The lawyer reminds me of a very bad used car salesman. C'mon Mike Leach, surely you can afford a lawyer that can at least put a sentence together without stumbling over every other word. If this guy is your spokesman, you may be up a creek without a paddle, even if your 100% in the right.:eek:

Tired ole Bobcat
12-30-2009, 10:58 AM
I guess I do not not have an opinion about Leach staying or leaving. Adam James football career is over. This is the sad part of this situation. I feel he is now damaged goods due to his and his fathers actions. Hopefully the school administrators investigation into this matter will be accurate and we will know the truth. In the mean time young James can clean out his locker and kiss football good by.

Pick6
12-30-2009, 10:59 AM
I think it's funny how every one is defending Leach when he has admitted to doing wrong. Regardless of one's opinion of Adam James, Leach is the one in the wrong here.

Ranger Mom
12-30-2009, 11:10 AM
I love reading the "comments" on these things:

Emails supporting Leach (http://ow.ly/R75t)

(Sorry if this link has been posted)

Bullaholic
12-30-2009, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Goodness gracious---a rare RM "daylight" post....:D Good to see...

pirate4state
12-30-2009, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
I think it's funny how every one is defending Leach when he has admitted to doing wrong. Regardless of one's opinion of Adam James, Leach is the one in the wrong here. Maybe we just don't like little sissy boys that can't handle being put in a corner? Oops, a shed, wait a press conference room? Isolated?

Pick6
12-30-2009, 11:17 AM

It's easy to take a scholarship from a player. If the kid was so much trouble and not very good why didn't he lose the scholarship :thinking:

Ranger Mom
Originally posted by pirate4state
Maybe we just don't like little sissy boys that can't handle being put in a corner? Oops, a shed, wait a press conference room? Isolated?

Don't forget "with guards!!":eek: :eek:

Ranger Mom
It's easy to take a scholarship from a player. If the kid was so much trouble and not very good why didn't he lose the scholarship :thinking:

What are you asking me for??:confused:

Trashman
12-30-2009, 11:19 AM
I can not get past the fact that Leach put this kid into isolation to punish him for a head injury. :thinking:

Pick6
12-30-2009, 11:20 AM
Maybe we just don't like little sissy boys that can't handle being put in a corner? Oops, a shed, wait a press conference room? Isolated?

That's the thing, no one really knows what happened. The isolation room has changed from an electrical closet to a shed to a conference room to who knows what next. At one point their was nothing to sit on, now there was an exercise bike. This rush to judgement is what so funny to me.

Pick6
12-30-2009, 11:21 AM
What are you asking me for??:confused:

Not asking anything. Just used your post since all the emails talked about how much trouble the kid is.

STANG RED
12-30-2009, 11:24 AM

Given who the kid is, I'm sure they thought that would be a bad PR move. Bad decision on their part though. This PR is much worse. Hope it doesnt cost a great coach his job, or a fine university a great coach. And now the James kid is branded as trouble, so I doubt any other program wants him either. No winners in this deal at all.

pirate4state
12-30-2009, 11:29 AM
This rush to judgement is what so funny to me.

Seriously? You act like this has never been done before? LOL

Txbroadcaster
12-30-2009, 11:30 AM
That's the thing, no one really knows what happened. The isolation room has changed from an electrical closet to a shed to a conference room to who knows what next. At one point their was nothing to sit on, now there was an exercise bike. This rush to judgement is what so funny to me.

imo the rush to judgement is happening on both sides

3afan
12-30-2009, 11:46 AM
no doubt Leach is a good coach - he just screwed up this time .... you TT fans can at least admit to that - it seems pretty cut-n-dried

now what to do about it is another matter

JJWalker
12-30-2009, 11:49 AM

Sit on the floor.

I did it all through my preschool days, elementary school, middle school, junior high, high school, college and right up to yesterday when all the seats were taken and I wanted to watch TV with my friends.

Pathetic.

Ranger Mom
12-30-2009, 11:53 AM
I wonder how much trouble I am in for making my granddaughter sit on the floor for time out??

I guess if Leach gets in trouble for this, I better drag her recliner to that spot!!:(

DDBooger
12-30-2009, 11:55 AM
situation sounds like an eccentric coach not wanting to let a punk kid and his helicopter parent get their way and now likely both will suffer as a result

Pick6
12-30-2009, 11:57 AM
I wonder how much trouble I am in for making my granddaughter sit on the floor for time out??

I guess if Leach gets in trouble for this, I better drag her recliner to that spot!!:(

How much trouble would I be in if I had your granddaughter and locked her up in my storage shed for a couple of hours? You'd be over here trying to do bodily harm to me, I'd probably let you do that :kiss:

Maroon87
12-30-2009, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
situation sounds like an eccentric coach not wanting to let a punk kid and his helicopter parent get their way and now likely both will suffer as a result

True, but to be perfectly honest, Leach has more to lose than Adam James does.

44INAROW
12-30-2009, 12:05 PM
the choice of being "locked in a storage shed" or running 20 gassers? I'd choose the "shed" any day of the week :) wonder what "torture" the guys that actually practiced did?

JJWalker
12-30-2009, 12:05 PM
How much trouble would I be in if I had your granddaughter and locked her up in my storage shed for a couple of hours? You'd be over here trying to do bodily harm to me, I'd probably let you do that :kiss:

There is no way you would get in any trouble for locking a little girl in your shed with your Barbie collection.

Of course you would probably be upset that she opened up the packages on some of your pristine Barbie collectables. :)

Ranger Mom
12-30-2009, 12:07 PM

Well...when she was a baby and was crying for no other reason than she was just spoiled, Ashton stuck her in her carseat and put her in her closet at her apartment because she was tired of listening to her!! HAHAHA!!!

Now....my 20, 21, and 22 y/o kids can take care of themselves, mommy doesn't have to run interference for them!!

Pick6
12-30-2009, 12:09 PM
Well...when she was a baby and was crying for no other reason than she was just spoiled, Ashton stuck her in her carseat and put her in her closet at her apartment because she was tired of listening to her!! HAHAHA!!!

I just give the kiddos to Cindy and locked myself in the closet...lol

pirate4state
12-30-2009, 12:11 PM
I think it's funny that 3 women, 2 of them mom's/grandmom's just think this boy is acting like a baby. :)

Sville
12-30-2009, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Interesting.. I thought he was hired to COACH not be a politician?? oops.. I said I was going to stay out of this :doh:
but since I decided to "open that door" - based on what I have read/heard - I think the kid and the dad are :weeping: :weeping: The boy certainly doesn't look abused to me. Sounds like Leach did daddy a favor taking his lack luster son in as a scholarship player to begin with. Will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

ps I am NOT a Leach fan either so that's not why I say the above

Come on now don't be naive. You know as well as I do that being a head coach entails politics as much as it does X's and O's.

Eagle 1
12-30-2009, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
no doubt Leach is a good coach - he just screwed up this time .... you TT fans can at least admit to that - it seems pretty cut-n-dried

now what to do about it is another matter

How did he screw up? By sticking to his guns?
Explain.

On another note, it seems to me that Craig James is the one who knows he screwed up by going on national tv and defending his reactions.:doh:

DDBooger
12-30-2009, 12:14 PM
I think it's funny that 3 women, 2 of them mom's/grandmom's just think this boy is acting like a baby. :) lol was thinking the same

but if it was their baby boy :thinking:

just food for thought :D
speaking of, any new cakes to post? :)

Ranger Mom
12-30-2009, 12:14 PM
I think it's funny that 3 women, 2 of them mom's/grandmom's just think this boy is acting like a baby. :)

Maybe because 2 of us have "boys" right about that age....and would be embarrassed if it was us!

Pick6
12-30-2009, 12:15 PM

Maybe others are just waiting for all the facts to come out before making a decision.

pirate4state
12-30-2009, 12:19 PM
Maybe others are just waiting for all the facts to come out before making a decision. What's to decide? He's a baby! We are entitled to our opinion, even if you don't like it!

I don't think any of us has said what Leach did was the smartest thing in the world, but give me a break kid. Suck it up. Was it really so bad? I guess if I were in a dark room all alone without my cell phone I'd be pretty pissed too! :mad:

Ranger Mom
12-30-2009, 12:23 PM
What's to decide? He's a baby! We are entitled to our opinion, even if you don't like it!

I don't think any of us has said what Leach did was the smartest thing in the world, but give me a break kid. Suck it up. Was it really so bad? I guess if I were in a dark room all alone without my cell phone I'd be pretty pissed too! :mad:

I don't remember actually saying anything about either side - one way or the other. I just made a smart ass comment about Kissa having to sit on the floor during time out!!

I love how I can say something and people take it and run....and I never really said anything to begin with.

In a case like this, I think about what I post...then watch what others will post in response......it's a gift!!:p :p

pirate4state
12-30-2009, 12:24 PM
lol was thinking the same

just food for thought :D
speaking of, any new cakes to post? :)

Nope, no new cakes. In fact, I need a new signature. Basketball ( :speech: ) is in full swing and I really don't like basketball (LOL), but now that district is starting, I guess I'll go watch. Boys are gonna be in a dog fight. It's Oso & Aransas and then 6 other teams fighting it out for 3rd! :eek: Girls are already down 0-2 to start district, so we'll see.

Ranger Mom
12-30-2009, 12:25 PM
Nope, no new cakes. In fact, I need a new signature. Basketball ( :speech: ) is in full swing and I really don't like basketball (LOL), but now that district is starting, I guess I'll go watch. Boys are gonna be in a dog fight. It's Oso & Aransas and then 6 other teams fighting it out for 3rd! :eek: Girls are already down 0-2 to start district, so we'll see.

Ohh...speaking of sigs, I need to change out my sig AND avatar!!

pirate4state
12-30-2009, 12:25 PM
I don't remember actually saying anything about either side - one way or the other. I just made a smart ass comment about Kissa having to sit on the floor during time out!!

I love how I can say something and people take it and run....and I never really said anything to begin with.

In a case like this, I think about what I post...then watch what others will post in response......it's a gift!!:p :p

True, you didn't say he was a baby. That was just me. Maybe, I just know what you're thinking! :eek: :D

Pick6
12-30-2009, 12:26 PM
What's to decide? He's a baby! We are entitled to our opinion, even if you don't like it!

Who knows how bad it was or wasn't. We have no idea if something else happened. How many times have you seen one thing but in the end there was more to the story? Maybe that's the case here. But then again, maybe not.

Ranger Mom
12-30-2009, 12:26 PM
True, you didn't say he was a baby. That was just me. Maybe, I just know what you're thinking! :eek: :D

How many times have I told you to stay out of my head!?!?!?!?!

pirate4state
12-30-2009, 12:28 PM
How many times have I told you to stay out of my head!?!?!?!?! More than once! :D

I am curious to hear what Jimmy has to say about all this! :devil:

Ranger Mom
12-30-2009, 12:28 PM
Who knows how bad it was or wasn't. We have no idea if something else happened. How many times have you seen one thing but in the end there was more to the story? Maybe that's the case here. But then again, maybe not.

Who cares?? It's not like we are gonna have any sway one way or the other with any decision!!

It's a slow day and I finally got a chance to stay and post for a bit...this seems to be the only thread going on, so I am pushing it for all it's worth!!!

Ranger Mom
12-30-2009, 12:29 PM
More than once! :D

I am curious to hear what Jimmy has to say about all this! :devil:

He has always thought Leach was a loose cannon anyway!! He is a HUGE Tech fan, not so much a Leach fan!!

Pick6
12-30-2009, 12:33 PM

It's a slow day and I finally got a chance to stay and post for a bit...this seems to be the only thread going on, so I am pushing it for all it's worth!!!

It is a slow day, I've had one call so far today. Sure makes for a long day.

TheDOCTORdre
12-30-2009, 12:37 PM
I agree the day is slow, go to www.dontevenreply.com to pass the time

crzyjournalist03
12-30-2009, 12:38 PM
I hope that Leach is the next head coach at UNT.

OldBison75
12-30-2009, 12:43 PM
You know, this whole argument has been blown beyond the boundaries of reality by people that are either Leach lovers or haters.

FACT: Concussions are serious no matter who they happen to and how serious the injury is rated by doctors and trainers.

FACT: People that suffer from concussions should avoid strenous exercise and contact. Overheating and bright sunlight can be dangerous.

FACT: People that suffer concussions should be monitored regularly.

FACT: Medical diagnosis of a concussion should indicate to anyone that extra care should be taken to watch the victim and keep him or her comfortable and with as little strees as possible.

Did this whole thing start because a prima donna athlete wanted out of Texas Tech and is using this? MAYBE SO

Is James and his family pushing around Daddy's position at ESPN to make this a media circus? MAYBE SO.

The problem is that as a coach that is supposed to take care of the players on his team, Leach has to make sure that if the doctors say the kid has a concussion, he follows accepted medical directions for dealing with the issue, whether he agrees or not. If he does not, he runs the risk of the kid or kid's family throwing it back in his face.

Ask any doctor if they would have prescribed this kid to be placed in the storage shed or building and closed in with no direct monitoring--not outside, inside, within view. Would any doctor suggest that a patient with a concussion should be left alone in any place. NO DOCTOR IS GONNA MAKE THOSE ACTIVITIES AN ACCEPTABLE TREATMENT.

What Leach did caused no further harm to the kid, but it did overstep the bounds of good judgement. The University administration has to respond to the complaint and they have.

The real shame of this is that, based on communications between the administration and Leach, he could have avoided this being in the media if he woud have reacted like the administration requested. Very much like in business, we don't always agree with what the boss says to do, but we do it because he is the boss. Leach failed to follow the instructions of his boss, right or wrong, he is being punished as much for failing to follow orders from his boss as he is for making a poor decision on how to deal with James.

Leach will not win this fight and a good coach will have a big black mark on his record.

James will leave TT and after soon will be out of football and won't ever have to deal with this again.

James will win in the long run and Leach will suffer. What a shame.

44INAROW
12-30-2009, 12:49 PM
lol was thinking the same

:)

I tell you one thing - all 3 of my boys would be HORRIFIED if their dad or I did this..(making a federal case out of this like Craig James is) I guarantee you that. All 3 of my boys were involved with Cuero Gobbler Athletics (all 3 during state finals games) and I also guarantee you I wasn't always happy with certain decisions (sorry Coach if you're reading this) but, that's the way it goes. As one coach told me, He's the coach and he stands by his decisions, good or bad. Life lessons - but in 18 years of dealing with Gobbler athetics and the boys, we had 1 coach conference and it wasn't football, baseball, track or basketball related and I still wasn't happy with the decision but I accepted the decision and we all survived. ;) and my son was a better person taking the "high road" for it :)

disclaimer: I am not saying if the boy was obviously 'injured' by the coaches' decisions, I am talking a boy "upset" about the way he was treated. Bigtime difference.

It is a slow day, I've had one call so far today. Sure makes for a long day.
I know that's right.. Come on 5:00 - I am hoping for a quiet afternoon though.. don't wanna get anything "started" :) I am outta here for lunch.. you guys and gals play nice so this doesn't get closed :)

raider red 2000
12-30-2009, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
You know, this whole argument has been blown beyond the boundaries of reality by people that are either Leach lovers or haters.

FACT: Concussions are serious no matter who they happen to and how serious the injury is rated by doctors and trainers.

FACT: People that suffer from concussions should avoid strenous exercise and contact. Overheating and bright sunlight can be dangerous.

FACT: People that suffer concussions should be monitored regularly.

FACT: Medical diagnosis of a concussion should indicate to anyone that extra care should be taken to watch the victim and keep him or her comfortable and with as little strees as possible.

- kid was checked by doctors
- kid wasnt practicing he was in a garage....no light...nothing strenuous.
- trainers were checking on him every 13- 15 minutes.
- chillin in a media room would be stressful. poor kid.

waterboy
12-30-2009, 12:57 PM
That's a good summation, OldBison75, and probably pretty close to what happened. I do have to disagree on one thing, though.........Coach Leach will be in high demand no matter what the fallout of this incident is. He will continue to coach unless he just doesn't want to. Depending on how bad the fallout is, he will be a BCS (?......I forget what D1 is called now) head coach somewhere. If it is proven to be a really BAD thing he did, then he will be a head coach in D2 or D3, but he will continue to be in demand.

OldBison75
12-30-2009, 01:10 PM
Waterboy, I agree that Leach will find another job coaching and will be successful, but he will have to suffer through a few recruiting situations where parents will discourage a kid from going to his school based on this fiasco.

And, Red Raider 2000, I did not say that he was not acceptably monitored, or treated bad, what I was saying is that NO DOCTOR, will say that what happened was what they would have recommended for treatment and monitoring of a concussion. Likewise, NO DOCTOR will say that the way he was treated would have caused more harm. BUT, the key is that Leach did not follow what the medical community deems is appropriate practice for dealing with a person with a concussion. Right or wrong--it puts him in a bad light with the courts and puts the University on the defensive to prove it looks out for the health and welfare of the other 30,000 students on campus. Those that are paying tuition and fees that keep the University in business. Most people don't look at situations in detail, but take the media spin as fact and will not let thierbabies go to a University that condones "bad treatment" of the students. It's a crappy fact, but it is true.

Gobbla2001
12-30-2009, 01:24 PM
act like the kid was put in a gas-chamber and beaten with bamboo and threatened with with scissors near his crotch... the kid came prepared to stand on the sideline... instead he went into a dark room... big-whoop... if it was that big of a deal to him THEN, he would NOT have gone into the room (I would have told the coach "screw you, I'm going to administration" IMMEDIATELY if I felt my rights and health were going to be violated)... no one forced him in at gunpoint... this story has fish all over it...

as for this assumption that Leach's actions are telling his players "don't come to me with a concusion or I'm punishing you" GET REAL... trainers are going to know when a kid gets a concussion, it's not like it crawls into bed with you while you're sleeping and you say "oh crap, better not let coach know about this"... you're going to be checked whether you like it or not and you're gunna be told you can/cannot practice no matter what... you're not gunna get around it to begin with so stop with that crap...

westtxfballfan
12-30-2009, 01:31 PM
Leach will be just fine wherever he ends up. He'll OC somewhere for a year only because it's too late to get a good HC job somewhere this year, or he'll land at a 1AA or D2 school for a year as HC. He'll be back and waiting for his chance to mudhole tech in a bowl someday, since they won't ever be on each other's schedule by choice. As for me, wherever he lands will be my new favorite team. :)

waterboy
12-30-2009, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Waterboy, I agree that Leach will find another job coaching and will be successful, but he will have to suffer through a few recruiting situations where parents will discourage a kid from going to his school based on this fiasco.
Absolutely. Parents of possible recruits will definitely take a MUCH closer look before they let their kids go to a school he coaches for. That's part of the fallout from this, but I'm sure any respective university that is thinking of hiring him will have special written-in bylaws to prevent situations like this from arising again...........and I'm pretty sure he'll rein in some of his eccentricities and unorthodox methods, too.:nerd: