PDA

View Full Version : Ironic, or just me?

GreenMonster
12-29-2009, 11:52 PM
Anyone else out there think it's ironic that the NFL clubs have been dipping into the college ranks to spice up their offenses? These guys are supposed to be the cream of their profession and I would expect them to be the innovators of modern American football and not have to look to the next level below them to design new and exciting offensive plays. What's the point in going pro if you can have a bigger impact by staying in school?

waterboy
12-30-2009, 10:49 AM
Let'$ ju$t $ay that there i$ more to the $tory than what you think. It i$ ironic that they are u$ing college level play$ into the NFL, but the real rea$on player$ don't $tay in college i$ pretty obviou$......:thinking: :D Impact at the college level a$ oppo$ed to impact at the pro level are two different thing$.;)

wimbo_pro
12-30-2009, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Let'$ ju$t $ay that there i$ more to the $tory than what you think. It i$ ironic that they are u$ing college level play$ into the NFL, but the real rea$on player$ don't $tay in college i$ pretty obviou$......:thinking: :D Impact at the college level a$ oppo$ed to impact at the pro level are two different thing$.;)
So...what are you trying to say, WaterBoy?

waterboy
12-30-2009, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
So...what are you trying to say, WaterBoy?
I'm $aying that GreenMon$ter need$ to $ee the light. It'$ not really ironic, it'$ $omething el$e........:thinking:

Maybe we need to call the White Hou$e and have a pow-wow $et up with Obama, $o they can have a beer together.:D

wimbo_pro
12-30-2009, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
I'm $aying that GreenMon$ter need$ to $ee the light. It'$ not really ironic, it'$ $omething el$e........:thinking:

Maybe we need to call the White Hou$e and have a pow-wow $et up with Obama, $o they can have a beer together.:D

Let's just go straight to a bail out...it'$ better that way.

Bullaholic
12-30-2009, 11:09 AM
$o $orry $ome $portsfans $ometimes $peak $entences $uggesting $uspicions $o $ymbolically. :D

STANG RED
12-30-2009, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
$o $orry $ome $portsfans $ometimes $peak $entences $uggesting $uspicions $o $ymbolically. :D

$uperbly $aid! :D

Old Dog
12-30-2009, 11:27 AM
It might be of interest to some that Mike Sherman of A&M spent time with Chad Morris of Lake Travis about the use of the hurry up, no huddle offense. Of course Morris is a Aggie, but never the less it falls in line with the first question on this thread!

Txbroadcaster
12-30-2009, 11:33 AM
College dipped into HS ranks for innovatons in the spread

Pick6
12-30-2009, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
College dipped into HS ranks for innovatons in the spread

The spread is just a different form of the run and shoot. The USFL, particularly the Houston Gambles, started that in the mid 80's.

Gobbla2001
12-30-2009, 01:53 PM
seeing there 32 NFL HCs every year and hundreds of College HCs every year, the chances of College HCs having their styles copied by NFL HCs is going to be greater...

Seeing how there are hundreds of College HCs every year and thousands of HS HCs every year, the chances of HS HCs having their styles copied by College HCs is going to be greater...

Just like 2A vs. 5A... chances of better athletes in 5A is better because there is a much greater number of players in 5A...

Also, looking at the smaller number of NFL HC positions when compared to college, who's to say every single one of those 32 NFL HCs ARRRRRE the cream of the crop in the coaching profession? esspecially seeing NFL HC'ing positions are a lot of the time wasted on "who-ya-know" hires?