PDA

View Full Version : Pro Bowl rosters

Emerson1
12-29-2009, 07:19 PM
http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story?id=09000d5d8155c2fa&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Dallas has 6

carter08
12-29-2009, 07:33 PM
Schaub got snubbed. Very surprised to see Mario make it, also surprised Cushing got the respect he deserves.

Gobbla2001
12-29-2009, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Very surprised to see Mario make it, also surprised Cushing got the respect he deserves.

+1 on Mario, popularity vote there I guess... as for Cushing I'm not shocked at all... a lot of people on the national level are speaking very highly of him... he's been on the radar for a while...

Keith7
12-29-2009, 07:45 PM
Brent Celek should have gotten in ahead of witten

Txbroadcaster
12-29-2009, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Keith7

why? cause he is an eagle and Witten is a Cowboy? Witten wil finish with 90 catches and 1,000 yards

Keith7
12-29-2009, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
why? cause he is an eagle and Witten is a Cowboy? Witten wil finish with 90 catches and 1,000 yards

Celek will finish with 70+ catches, 1,000 yards and here is the difference 8 tds compared to wittens 1

3afan
12-29-2009, 07:51 PM
but the real reason is because he's an eagle ... quit shticking for once

Gobbla2001
12-29-2009, 07:54 PM
Schaub got snubbed.

As for Schaub getting snubbed it can be argued that he was... but there are three damn good QBs up there...

But in the end, I don't think it'd be crazy to bet Schaub makes the pro-bowl... That's because I think it's safe to say that either Manning, Brady or Rivers will be playing in the Super Bowl and the Super Bowl QB will not play in the pro-bowl... I think Shaub could go in place...

Txbroadcaster
12-29-2009, 07:54 PM
Celek will finish with 70+ catches, 1,000 yards and here is the difference 8 tds compared to wittens 1

I will take 20 more catches and a better chance at 1,000 yards..Witten is a KNOWN weapon..teams game plan agianst him..Celek while a great story does not IMO make teams game plan agianst him

carter08
12-29-2009, 07:57 PM
Owen Daniels is a better TE than both of them. Too bad he was hurt all year.

Gobbla2001
12-29-2009, 07:58 PM
Keith... TXB:

Owen Daniels is better than both of those guys...

:p

Gobbla2001
12-29-2009, 08:00 PM

well he did play the first 8... 40 rec, 519 yds, 5 tds...

Gobbla2001
12-29-2009, 08:01 PM
okay Keith, TXB, carry on... us Texans fans had to get our "look at me! look at me!" talk in...

Txbroadcaster
12-29-2009, 08:09 PM

get back to me when he has ONE 1,000 yard season or 90 catch season

Gobbla2001
12-29-2009, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
get back to me when he has ONE 1,000 yard season or 90 catch season

yah... probably would have had it this year, but the injury bug needed more heads...

Bull Butter
12-29-2009, 08:21 PM

Amen!

Keith7
12-29-2009, 09:30 PM
Teams that don't game plan against Celek would be foolish. I'll take his 8 tds to witten's 1 anyday. The fact that witten has been to the pro bowl before is the only reason why he made it this year.

Oh well if I had it my way, no Eagle will play in the pro bowl, they will all be preparing for the Super Bowl

NateDawg39
12-29-2009, 09:35 PM
Teams that don't game plan against Celek would be foolish. I'll take his 8 tds to witten's 1 anyday. The fact that witten has been to the pro bowl before is the only reason why he made it this year.

Oh well if I had it my way, no Eagle will play in the pro bowl, they will all be preparing for the Super Bowl Ive never heard of Celek. Does he play American football?

Maroon87
12-29-2009, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Ive never heard of Celek. Does he play American football?

He's that dude from Magnum PI.

Maroon87
12-29-2009, 10:14 PM
BTW...a big :thumbsup: to Miles Austin for his selection.

Keith7
12-29-2009, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
BTW...a big :thumbsup: to Miles Austin for his selection.

a bigger :thumbsup: to Desean Jackson. He is the first player ever selected to two starting spots. BTW how many starters do the cowturds have?

GreenMonster
12-30-2009, 12:02 AM
The fact that witten has been to the pro bowl before is the only reason why he made it this year.

I will disagree with you. Witten got in because he is widely thought of as the best TE in the game today. I do think Celek got the snub here though, i think it is quite possible that he is the second best TE in the NFC. Kid has mad skills and is in what, his second year in the league? Definitely a huge weapon for the Iggles and has quietly become Donovan McNasty's go to guy when he needs a first down. He will make multiple Pro Bowl's before it's all said and done. Haven't seen much of Vernon Davis so he may be extremely deserving, but I would take Wittien and Celek anyday against anyone. 2 true TE's that can block, get open, catch the ball 99% of the time, and get plenty of YAC once the ball is in their hands. Not too many of those guys that can handle all of the aspects of playing TE as well as these 2.

DU_stud04
12-30-2009, 12:09 AM
how does Bryant McKinnie make it? he is garbage...Bryant McKinnie belongs in the pro bowl as much as Brad Childress belongs in the hall of fame or Zygmunt deserves executive of the year.... he gets beat by fast des and bull-rushers alike, and reminds me of the fat kid in gym class that is pretending to do situps only because people may be watching.

GrTigers6
12-30-2009, 06:45 AM
Why didn't Flozell Adams make it, He leads the league in penalties. That should account for something.:D :D

Maroon87
12-30-2009, 09:50 AM
a bigger :thumbsup: to Desean Jackson. He is the first player ever selected to two starting spots. BTW how many starters do the cowturds have?

Wow....can your dad beat up my dad, too?:hand:

Ranger Mom
12-30-2009, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
He's that dude from Magnum PI.

:D :D That was funny!!!:clap:

pirate4state
12-30-2009, 11:36 AM
a bigger :thumbsup: to Desean Jackson. He is the first player ever selected to two starting spots. BTW how many starters do the cowturds have? LOL well, I'm glad he'll have that going for him since the iggles won't be in the Super Bowl.

Bullaholic
12-30-2009, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
LOL well, I'm glad he'll have that going for him since the iggles won't be in the Super Bowl.

I agree, P4S---those dirty birds have a max of 2 weeks left in their season.

DDBooger
12-30-2009, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I agree, P4S---those dirty birds have a max of 2 weeks left in their season. with how poorly the Saints and Vikes are playing, that is something you can say for every team in the NFC. NFC playoffs are really a toss up imo. Where as in the AFC, SD or Indy seem to be a head above the rest.

I think there is a good chance neither the Vikes or Saints win their 1st game.

Bullaholic
12-30-2009, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
with how poorly the Saints and Vikes are playing that is something you can say for every team in the NFC. NFC playoffs are really a toss up imo. Where as in the AFC, SD or Indy seem to be a head above the rest.

DD, if my theory(please don't call me Rocket :D) about modern era pro teams turning it on and off week to week holds water, I think you will see a big diff between the "we got the playoffs made" Saints and Vikes in the playoffs. Both are still the teams to beat in the NFC, IMO and will show it. Indy has been cruising along pretty well in the AFC, but SD had to struggle early, and I don't think Norv is going to allow them to let up on the gas for fear of returning to their early season efforts.

DDBooger
12-30-2009, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
DD, if my theory(please don't call me Rocket :D) about modern era pro teams turning it on and off week to week holds water, I think you will see a big diff between the "we got the playoffs made" Saints and Vikes in the playoffs. Both are still the teams to beat in the NFC, IMO and will show it. Indy has been cruising along pretty well in the AFC, but SD had to struggle early, and I don't think Norv is going to allow them to let up on the gas for fear of returning to their early season efforts. we'll see, it's all about who's hot late (Arizona Cardinals 08, New York Giants 07).

Barney Stinson
12-30-2009, 07:29 PM
1. Schaub didn't get snubbed. No way he deserves it over Brees, Rodgers or Favre.

2. Jon Beason should be there over Jonathon Vilma.

3. Steven Jackson is the most underrated player in the NFL.*

4. The AFC is far superior to the NFC.

*Doesn't really have anything to do with this argument because he did make it but I just thought i'd throw that out there.

carter08
12-31-2009, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Barney Stinson
1. Schaub didn't get snubbed. No way he deserves it over Brees, Rodgers or Favre.

*Doesn't really have anything to do with this argument because he did make it but I just thought i'd throw that out there.

Schaub plays in the NFC? Since when?

sahen
12-31-2009, 03:17 PM
im ok with mario making it this year since he had one year he should have been in it but got snubbed...i hope next year he goes back to his normal self where he makes it without anyone raising an eyebrow about it...

kinda shocked that both cushing and ryans made it...i figured one would and one wouldnt for some reason, but i'll take it...

TheDOCTORdre
12-31-2009, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Barney Stinson

you lost what little credibility that you had with #1

Highschoolfan78
12-31-2009, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
you lost what little credibility that you had with #1

bahahaha!