PDA

View Full Version : Next Coach at Texas Tech

Curly
12-29-2009, 07:15 PM
Will Art Briles be the next Capt. on the Prirate ship of the south plains????

Trashman
12-29-2009, 07:21 PM
Depends on whether he can get the kid from Cove to go with him. lol

wildstangs
12-29-2009, 07:49 PM
I was about to start the same topic. Briles would be the logical choice. Who else would be on the short list? Sumlin from Houston?

Diocletian
12-29-2009, 07:51 PM
How about Charlie Weis???

Sounds like a good fit to me.

Txbroadcaster
12-29-2009, 07:55 PM
I dont think it is a given Briles leaves Baylor for TTech

skins4life
12-29-2009, 08:16 PM
Goofy, Donald Duck or maybe even Popeye. They probably wouldn't know about the "SHED". LOL :D

Trashman
12-29-2009, 08:34 PM
The only man who could replace Mike Leach is...........................

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/jack_sparrow.jpg

bobcat4life
12-29-2009, 08:35 PM
Brad McCoy is always available:D

JJWalker
12-29-2009, 09:23 PM
June Jones

Keith7
12-29-2009, 09:33 PM
Texas Tech can have Todd Dodge, we dont' want him

NateDawg39
12-29-2009, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Texas Tech can have Todd Dodge, we dont' want him The only improvement to UNT he has done is the uniforms. Unfortunately they look like High School uniforms

wildstangs
12-29-2009, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
The only improvement to UNT he has done is the uniforms. Unfortunately they look like High School uniforms

Maybe Coach Thomsen from ACU? Has definitely turned that place around...Would be a huge leap from ACU to Tech though.

Keith7
12-29-2009, 09:44 PM
Unfortunately they look like High School uniforms

that is because they are exact copies of SLC's uniforms

Southlake: http://i2.cdn.turner.com/money/galleries/2008/moneymag/0807/gallery.bplive_topearners.moneymag/images/southlake_tx.jpg

North Texas: http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper877/stills/os1s4r0z.jpg

NateDawg39
12-29-2009, 09:47 PM
DO NOT TAKE ACU's coach lol

Eagle 1
12-29-2009, 09:58 PM
And Leach becomes UT's new OC.
How ironic would that be?

carter08
12-29-2009, 10:31 PM
Sumlin won't leave UH for Tech.

bobcat4life
12-29-2009, 10:44 PM
that is because they are exact copies of SLC's uniforms

Southlake: http://i2.cdn.turner.com/money/galleries/2008/moneymag/0807/gallery.bplive_topearners.moneymag/images/southlake_tx.jpg

North Texas: http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper877/stills/os1s4r0z.jpg I have always thought they looked alot alike...its crazy when compared side to side

injuredinmelee
12-29-2009, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Maybe Coach Thomsen from ACU? Has definitely turned that place around...Would be a huge leap from ACU to Tech though.

will be much easier to recruit the outlaws he loves so much at a state school.

GreenMonster
12-29-2009, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
will be much easier to recruit the outlaws he loves so much at a state school.

He does love some outlaws. Good coach though, Leo Brittain must be proud of his boys running that program. Head Coach Thomsen and OC Collums are both Vernon HS grad that played for him. Lion Express, Nothing Less!

jason
12-30-2009, 09:41 AM
other tech coaches are coming out saying the kid making accusations is just trying to get back at coaches for other disciplinary things....

raider red 2000
12-30-2009, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by carter08
Sumlin won't leave UH for Tech.

sure he would.

bigger stage (big 12 > conf usa)
bigger pay.

briles will be next if leach is gone within 3 years.

YTBulldogs
12-30-2009, 11:23 AM
I say based on the BS I've heard thus far---Leach should remain the coach. Sounds like TT is trying to get out of a contract.

But, if they do release him--Patterson from TCU might be considered. If they are dumping just to get out of a contract, then bring back Spike, and leave Patterson out of this.

crzyjournalist03
12-30-2009, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs
I say based on the BS I've heard thus far---Leach should remain the coach. Sounds like TT is trying to get out of a contract.

But, if they do release him--Patterson from TCU might be considered. If they are dumping just to get out of a contract, then bring back Spike, and leave Patterson out of this.

Why would Patterson even consider what at this point would be considered a lateral move at best?

DDBooger
12-30-2009, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Why would Patterson even consider what at this point would be considered a lateral move at best? I was a bout to ask the same. At this point only thing Tech has over TCU is a conference with an automatic bid to a BCS game (granted, that is substantial).

Bullaholic
12-30-2009, 11:45 AM
I agree with both of you---I think Patterson's stock has risen high enough, and if he ever leaves TCU, it will be for a major traditionally powerful program like OU, UT, or FLA.

sahen
12-30-2009, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by raider red 2000

briles will be next if leach is gone within 3 years.

typically Baylor has kept the head coaches it has wanted in almost every situation I can remember for my whole life...people like to make us out to be small time cause of our bad football record since the big 12 has started but when it comes to keeping coaches baylor typically ponies up the money...the real question is would Briles even want to go to Tech after all this mess? its not exactly the ideal situation to put urself in...

if Tech fires Leach and then gets spurned by Briles and has difficutly finding their next coach it could be a collasal mis-step that could make Baylor firing Teaff and A&M firing Slocum both to "move to the next level" look mild...

of course, all this is assuming that the James kid is a big crybaby with a dad that has deep pockets that is stiring up this mess...if the James kid is telling the truth about being locked in a closest with guards then that is grounds for firing anyone...that situation is completely different, but its beginning to look to me that this situation may be nothing more than a harmless Leach punishment (read weird punishment) and if thats the case then he shouldnt be fired for that...that said, after this mess i wouldnt be shocked if Leach finally did jump ship next year for one of those other schools if he gets a chance.....

sahen
12-30-2009, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Trashman
Depends on whether he can get the kid from Cove to go with him. lol

i seriously doubt Baylor would grant Griffin a release to any Big 12 school much less another D1-A school...

YTBulldogs
12-30-2009, 12:04 PM
Not so sure Leach had anything to do with this situation. Once a kid is deemed hurt in Big 12, it's in the trainer/team doc hand. If this protocol wasn't done---maybe the school pres or AD should be fired instead?

As far as Patterson taking this job if offered. I think he'd rather face the Texas, OU and Neb's of the world than New Mexico, Air Force or UNLV's. And in bowl games, he'd rather face Bama type teams then Boise St.

DDBooger
12-30-2009, 12:07 PM
Not so sure Leach had anything to do with this situation. Once a kid is deemed hurt in Big 12, it's in the trainer/team doc hand. If this protocol wasn't done---maybe the school pres or AD should be fired instead?

As far as Patterson taking this job if offered. I think he'd rather face the Texas, OU and Neb's of the world than New Mexico, Air Force or UNLV's. And in bowl games, he'd rather face Bama type teams then Boise St. sure he would, but not at the helm of a Tech Pirate ship :D lol Bigger better programs will be looking for his services soon.

crzyjournalist03
12-30-2009, 12:31 PM

As far as Patterson taking this job if offered. I think he'd rather face the Texas, OU and Neb's of the world than New Mexico, Air Force or UNLV's. And in bowl games, he'd rather face Bama type teams then Boise St.

depending on what the Big Ten does with expansion, he could very well play in the Big XII AND stay at TCU.

YTBulldogs
12-30-2009, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
depending on what the Big Ten does with expansion, he could very well play in the Big XII AND stay at TCU.

Whole different animal then.

Additup
12-30-2009, 01:52 PM
Next coach will be a puppet deluxe that the president can control. "YES,YES,YES Mr. President" man gets this job...someone will take it though

Snydertigersrul
12-30-2009, 02:04 PM
Craig James will be the next coach and he's looking for a quarterback who can throw it every down to his baby boy

hollywood
12-30-2009, 02:26 PM
Texas Tech can have Todd Dodge, we dont' want him

Maybe Mack Brown?:D

LE Dad
12-30-2009, 02:38 PM
Really 2 routes to go.
1. Find someone who runs a similar system and can quickly adapt the kids into it and coax some of the verbals into following thru.

2. Find a quality name that can get some other schools verbals to leave and go to TTU. Promise them immediate playing time blah,blah,blah. Will struggle for 1-2 yrs ala Arkansas, Bama, and hopefully A&M but with couple of good recruiting years the program will recover.

Anything else will put Tech back to being a doormat. This all still seems so stupid.

YTBulldogs
12-30-2009, 02:43 PM
They deserve to lose after this move. Leach will land a gem of a job somewhere.

Loved it when Leach had a student/athlete failing a class and he made the kid bring his desk to practice, place it on the 50, and do his school work.

LE Dad
12-30-2009, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Craig James will be the next coach and he's looking for a quarterback who can throw it every down to his baby boy I hope this all blows up in Craig James face. I always liked him up till this. I now have zero respect for this man. I don't know if he is right or wrong but he totally blew a small incident way out of proportion and ended up costing a man his livelyhood. He also could potentially destroy TTU football.

sahen
12-30-2009, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
I hope this all blows up in Craig James face. I always liked him up till this. I now have zero respect for this man. I don't know if he is right or wrong but he totally blew a small incident way out of proportion and ended up costing a man his livelyhood. He also could potentially destroy TTU football.

he already helped bring down SMU as well...if ur a football coach i would stay away from the James family...there is some bad juju if you have one of them on ur team...

ivchris
12-30-2009, 03:21 PM
Leach will become the HC at either Florida or the Washington Redskins.

big daddy russ
12-30-2009, 03:35 PM
I hope this all blows up in Craig James face. I always liked him up till this. I now have zero respect for this man. I don't know if he is right or wrong but he totally blew a small incident way out of proportion and ended up costing a man his livelyhood. He also could potentially destroy TTU football.
I'm with you on the Leach ordeal, but I actually don't blame James. I can see why any parent would listen to the things their son is saying, whether they're a helicopter parent or not.

I blame Adam. He's old enough to have some common sense. Should've used it.

TheDOCTORdre
12-30-2009, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by ivchris
Leach will become the HC at either Florida or the Washington Redskins.

remember the last time the Redskins signed a big name college coach?

westtxfballfan
12-30-2009, 04:53 PM
Briles talk is sure heating up. Even the Waco news station is reporting the possibility on their internet site as "Breaking News."

http://www.kxxv.com/

Didn't Gerald Myers have Bobby Knight waiting in the wings before they even fired Dickey a few years back? Maybe the call to Waco was made as things were deteriorating with Leach. You have to think that the TTU admin would expect the revolt they are getting from fans, etc., and would want to move quickly for that reason and in the interest of holding a very good recruiting class together. Wouldn't be surprised to see the thing get posted for 10 days and Briles ready to go on the 11th.

The longer Briles and Baylor continue the "no comment," the more it would seem to be a done deal. I would like the move, especially if he kept the position coaches who recruited the 4 stars they landed this year.

Also, really surprised to hear a lot of the current players are none to bothered by the firing!?

sahen
12-30-2009, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by westtxfballfan
Briles talk is sure heating up. Even the Waco news station is reporting the possibility on their internet site as "Breaking News."

http://www.kxxv.com/

Didn't Gerald Myers have Bobby Knight waiting in the wings before they even fired Dickey a few years back? Maybe the call to Waco was made as things were deteriorating with Leach. You have to think that the TTU admin would expect the revolt they are getting from fans, etc., and would want to move quickly for that reason and in the interest of holding a very good recruiting class together. Wouldn't be surprised to see the thing get posted for 10 days and Briles ready to go on the 11th.

The longer Briles and Baylor continue the "no comment," the more it would seem to be a done deal. I would like the move, especially if he kept the position coaches who recruited the 4 stars they landed this year.

Also, really surprised to hear a lot of the current players are none to bothered by the firing!?

the link that the waco news network has basically says what everyone already knows...which means they state that Briles graduated from Tech and will probably be a candidate for the job...its hardly breaking news, but i guess to them it is...Briles may go to Tech, but when we hear about it i doubt it will be a Waco area station breaking the news...

westtxfballfan
12-30-2009, 06:05 PM
What about Tim Tebow for coach?

Who-dun-it!!?
12-30-2009, 11:46 PM
I don't Care Who coaches Tech Now. I'm jumpin on the Burnt Orange Band waggon!

Hook em Horns!!

Scratch that. I havn't reached that point of depression just yet.
Lets just see who we end up with.

kepdawg
12-31-2009, 11:39 AM
Nobody Cares What These People Think (http://espn.go.com/blog/Big12/post/_/id/8911/look-for-these-names-to-emerge-as-techs-leading-replacement-candidates)

Art Briles
Ruffin McNeill
Tommy Tuberville
Larry Fedora
Sonny Dykes

LH Panther Mom
12-31-2009, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by sahen
i seriously doubt Baylor would grant Griffin a release to any Big 12 school much less another D1-A school...
Well, then that would just be Briles being a butthead. :devil:

LH Panther Mom
12-31-2009, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Nobody Cares What These People Think (http://espn.go.com/blog/Big12/post/_/id/8911/look-for-these-names-to-emerge-as-techs-leading-replacement-candidates)

Art Briles
Ruffin McNeill
Tommy Tuberville
Larry Fedora
Sonny Dykes
The logical choice (IMO) would be Ruffin McNeill. He would have the strongest likelihood of being able to keep the current coaching staff intact. Sonny Dykes would be my second choice, because I think he would do right as much as possible for them. The other three (IMO) would be more likely to bring in a number of their own guys, which would make it difficult to immediately maintain the level of play they've reached.

Now, I did say "logical" so I would not be surprised to see them do quite the opposite.

westtxfballfan
12-31-2009, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
The logical choice (IMO) would be Ruffin McNeill. He would have the strongest likelihood of being able to keep the current coaching staff intact. Sonny Dykes would be my second choice, because I think he would do right as much as possible for them. The other three (IMO) would be more likely to bring in a number of their own guys, which would make it difficult to immediately maintain the level of play they've reached.

Now, I did say "logical" so I would not be surprised to see them do quite the opposite.

Briles might keep some of them as well. Not sure how many of them were there when he was at Tech and not sure how many of his current assistants followed him to Baylor from U of H, and would want to come here. It might help keep the recruiting class together as well if the position coaches were sticking around.

If Briles came, I wonder if Tech would have a shot at the 5 star recruit (Dixon?) that had committed to Baylor, then softened on it. He's still up in the air.

LH Panther Mom
12-31-2009, 01:17 PM
not sure how many of his current assistants followed him to Baylor from U of H
RANDY CLEMENTS
CO-OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR / OFFENSIVE LINE

PHILIP MONTGOMERY
CO-OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR / OFFENSIVE BACKS

KENDAL BRILES (sort of)
ASSISTANT COACH / INSIDE RECEIVERS

COLIN SHILLINGLAW
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS

BEAU TRAHAN
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS /
DIRECTOR OF HIGH SCHOOL RELATIONS

RAFE MATA
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS /
OFFENSIVE QUALITY CONTROL

sahen
12-31-2009, 01:21 PM
Well, then that would just be Briles being a butthead. :devil:

lol wouldnt be Briles especially if he was leaving to go to Tech...its pretty standard for schools not to allow their athletes to transfer in conference and not un-heard of them to deny release to any other D1-A school....

Tech may get Briles but if they do its going to be very expensive....Unless the Baylor AD was an idiot and allowed an exception for Texas Tech his contract has a pretty big buyout from what I have heard....obviously his contract is private since we are a private school but i have heard it is aroudn 3 to 4 million...plus i'd imagine he'd want more money per year than he is making at baylor which can be as much as 1.8 million a year with all his incentives.....thats assuming Baylor doesnt up the ante by giving him a raise or something to keep him from leaving and Baylor has a pretty good track record of keeping the coaches they want to keep...whether or not they will fight hard to keep Briles or not at this point is in question since it is still so short into his tenure at Baylor....we think we have a good coach but still are not completely sold...regardless Tech is going to have to be willing to shell out the big bucks to take Briles in my opinion and after this Leach fiasco i dunno if they are going to have it, esp. if it turns out that Leach could win his lawsuit against them.....

on a side note i read on another site (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4785127) that Tuberville has come out and publically said he is interested in the Tech job...would be a huge change in playing style and would set Tech back a few years, but the guy is a good coach...probably wont happen due to the philosphy change but wouldnt be a horrible hire...

nobogey72
12-31-2009, 05:01 PM
We need G$$ back. He could clear all of this up for us.

turbostud
12-31-2009, 05:06 PM
What about the head coach from Abilene High taking the job? Then he could recruit the Sims cousins in 2011. Plus he's been coaching against a Fort Worth district so he would know alot of talent coming out of the area.

coach
12-31-2009, 05:19 PM
I heard tommy tuberville was interested

turbostud
12-31-2009, 05:20 PM
there is already a thread.

coach
12-31-2009, 05:22 PM
uhh i knew that...

turbostud
12-31-2009, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by coach
uhh i knew that...

so we need more than 1, to add to all the other Tech threads.

NateDawg39
12-31-2009, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
there is already a thread. What happened at Tech??? :confused: :p

turbostud
12-31-2009, 05:25 PM
What happened at Tech??? :confused: :p

Arrrrgh matey!!!!:D

STANG RED
12-31-2009, 05:43 PM
If Briles does take the TT job, I dont think they'll miss a beat. And as long as he's winning, all the disgruntled fans will return in droves. Mike Who?

turbostud
12-31-2009, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
If Briles does take the TT job, I dont think they'll miss a beat. And as long as he's winning, all the disgruntled fans will return in droves. Mike Who?

As my brother said, who lives in Lubbock, "All the Leach buttlickers have short memories and come Sept, wont remember a thing."

lion75
12-31-2009, 06:12 PM
DO NOT TAKE ACU's coach lol I agree. Chris is awesome. Cause he's from Vernon.

NateDawg39
12-31-2009, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by lion75
I agree. Chris is awesome. Cause he's from Vernon. I think he would be a success at a lot of schools but I enjoyed playing for him at ACU and the school loves him and his attitude about football

lion75
12-31-2009, 06:21 PM
I think he would be a success at a lot of schools but I enjoyed playing for him at ACU and the school loves him and his attitude about football Was Ken Collums and Shea Favors there when you played?

NateDawg39
12-31-2009, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by lion75
Was Ken Collums and Shea Favors there when you played? Yes Coach Collums is a great coach

Snydertigersrul
12-31-2009, 08:46 PM
Me, if I report twice a day to Hance's and Myers' office for instructions how to conduct practice.

westtxfballfan
12-31-2009, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED

I agree 100%. I think it is in the works and the admin is doing everything they can in damage control to get it done quickly; as in, post the job for the requisite 10 days and introduce Briles soon after in an effort to keep recruits. (Scotty Young saying he is willing to see who is hired and if the O would change.) Would like to see them keep the position coaches that have recruited the '10 class and save as much of that as they can.

Rustler
01-01-2010, 10:31 AM
I agree 100%. I think it is in the works and the admin is doing everything they can in damage control to get it done quickly; as in, post the job for the requisite 10 days and introduce Briles soon after in an effort to keep recruits. (Scotty Young saying he is willing to see who is hired and if the O would change.) Would like to see them keep the position coaches that have recruited the '10 class and save as much of that as they can.
Only if they fire AD and quit listening to guys like Sowell Dude...Is Sowell dude on Board of Regents?

PhiI C
01-01-2010, 10:39 AM
I wonder if the GAP student is now the head coach at Navy. If so maybe TT should hire him. He has been great for Navy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ97AIK0Fs0

big daddy russ
01-01-2010, 10:40 AM
...on a side note i read on another site (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4785127) that Tuberville has come out and publically said he is interested in the Tech job...would be a huge change in playing style and would set Tech back a few years, but the guy is a good coach...probably wont happen due to the philosphy change but wouldnt be a horrible hire...
Actually, Tubbs was already migrating towards a spread offense during his last couple years at Auburn, so I bet he'd keep a similar system in place. His contributions would be more on the defensive side of the ball, and I always said a Tubbs-type defense (small, fast, well-conditioned players) would work well with a Leach-style uptempo offense because it emphasizes getting to the ball and forcing turnovers, not necessarily just limiting yards.

On that note, we saw at Auburn how much of a company man CTT wasn't. He used at least two attempted strong arms by crooked regents, administrators, and boosters to negotiate raises during his last four years there. Myers and the rest of the GOBN up at Tech will have to learn to live with his laid-back attitude and unwillingness to bend to what they want out of their football coach. In light of everything that's coming out, I don't know if that's something Tech administrators want.

If Tubbs joins up with Tech, I'd root for them 'till I die, but I fully expect the Raiders to have a "company man" in place when it's all said and done. If they do, it'll be the death of one of the best football programs in the Big XII.

Additup
01-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Usually interim coaches are gone after the game, but this AINT A USUAL SITUATION:

It'll be a 2-3 season transition hire. A "yes" man Tech brass can control that kids have to like. Gotta be someone they can get for as little ca$h as possible and that they can get hired YESTERDAY. Adding a minority head football coach to the NCAA pool is just an after thought, but Tech Admin does spins it into a PR bonus in the middle of a PR nightmare (and a bonus cheaper than $800K) .

I think it can easily be Ruffin McNeill...

LH Panther Mom
01-01-2010, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Rustler
Is Sowell dude on Board of Regents?
No

Rustler
01-01-2010, 12:24 PM
No Is it just Money that gives him this kind of access to Hance? How did he have so much info on the Leach deal a year ago???? :thinking:

LH Panther Mom
01-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Is it just Money that gives him this kind of access to Hance? How did he have so much info on the Leach deal a year ago???? :thinking:
He did, at one time, serve on the BoR, including as Chairman.

westtxfballfan
01-01-2010, 12:58 PM
Only if they fire AD and quit listening to guys like Sowell Dude...Is Sowell dude on Board of Regents?

Actually, I think Briles is a favorite of the Good Old Boys, which, usually isn't a good thing. (I think this is the exception and he will work out fine.) Briles' name actually comes up in at least one of those emails by Sowell in which they discuss not being able to afford Briles down the road if they give in to Leach's contract demands.

sahen
01-01-2010, 08:54 PM
at least for now Briles is saying he is staying

http://www.baylorbears.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/010110aaa.html

JJWalker
01-01-2010, 09:00 PM
at least for now Briles is saying he is staying

http://www.baylorbears.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/010110aaa.html
I did not read that he said he was staying. Those look like carefully chosen words that say he is the Baylor football coach.

Rustler
01-01-2010, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by JJWalker
I did not read that he said he was staying. Those look like carefully chosen words that say he is the Baylor football coach. Briles would be crazzzzzy to take the Tech job unless changes are made to Admin.

Emerson1
01-01-2010, 09:16 PM
Would Tech even want a buddy of Leach?

lvbears32
01-01-2010, 09:36 PM
mayb patterson from tcu. i dont know y he would wanna leave though

LE Dad
01-01-2010, 09:49 PM
No way I see Patterson leaving. TCU has a good thing going and I think they would match or exceed anything Tech would offer. Briles, may be more likely to walk into the chaos there, but I think he would regret it if he did. Most likely this position will be filled by some Asst or someone not currently coaching.
If Tech was sooo unwilling to pay Leach, as is being potrayed, then it will surely make replacement candidates think twice.

sahen
01-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by JJWalker
I did not read that he said he was staying. Those look like carefully chosen words that say he is the Baylor football coach.

of course they are carefully chosen words...coaches say these kinda things and still leave sometimes thats why said this is what he is saying for now....for now he says he is still commited to baylor and i have no reason not to believe him...i'll feel completely comfortable once Tech hires a coach that isnt him but for now its nice to see him have a comment that he is committed to the bears...if he had no comment at all that would be more concerning to me...

Eagle 1
01-02-2010, 01:10 PM
I wouldnt be suprised to see Briles go back to Tech.
I would rather have him then any other coach, besides Leach of course.

Snydertigersrul
01-02-2010, 03:48 PM
No way I see Patterson leaving. TCU has a good thing going and I think they would match or exceed anything Tech would offer. Briles, may be more likely to walk into the chaos there, but I think he would regret it if he did. Most likely this position will be filled by some Asst or someone not currently coaching.
If Tech was sooo unwilling to pay Leach, as is being potrayed, then it will surely make replacement candidates think twice.

Going from TCU to Tech would be taking a step backward

mwrams
01-02-2010, 05:28 PM
Now that his Seniors will be laeving Graham I would look for that football genius Brad (Iam' perfect) McCoy to take the job and for Case to change his commit if Potts leaves!

bobcat4life
01-02-2010, 05:34 PM
Brad McCoy is available:cool: