PDA

View Full Version : Top Ten Reasons Why Class 3A and smaller is the best.

PPHSfan
09-17-2002, 07:16 PM
10. The P.A. Announcers are funnier.

9. Towns with a population of 2,500 have 4,000 fans at the game.

8. The water tower gets a new paint job every year.

7. You dont need names on the backs of the jerseys.

6. When your team is playing out of town all you have to do is follow the line of cars behind the bus, no maps required.

5. If you work at the Dairy Queen it will be closed till after the game.

4. If your son starts acting up at home, all you have to do is call his coach.

3. When your team plays in the State Championship, school is closed on Friday so everyone in town can make the road trip.

2. For five bucks you can get alot more than a coke at the consession stand.

And the number one reason is......If you are sick and can't make the home game..all you have to do is open a window, and you will hear it all.

Any more? Help me out

eye of the tiger
09-17-2002, 07:20 PM
Summed it up well. Maybe for out of town games "the last one to leave automatically knows to turn out the lights" or something.

sinton66
09-17-2002, 07:24 PM
How about "You can have a tortilla burger if you get there early enough." Oh wait, that's only at ONE town.

[This message has been edited by sinton66 (edited September 17, 2002).]

eye of the tiger
09-17-2002, 08:34 PM
I really do need to try a tortilla burger. My wife,the good doctor, was offered a position at Del Mar College. If she would have taken it, I would probably have already tasted this delicacy.

mwynn05
09-17-2002, 09:04 PM
exactly what is a tortillia (sp?) burger

hornet03
09-17-2002, 09:06 PM
I wish somebody would repaint our water tower. Its white with blue lettering.

sinton66
09-17-2002, 09:08 PM
There are a couple places in Sinton where they serve a "tortilla burger". It's supposedly a burger patty between tortillas with your favorite fillings like cheese and jalapenos. SinFan75 has been torturing us for months about them, got us watering at the mouth! It's gotten to be a running joke on here.

[This message has been edited by sinton66 (edited September 17, 2002).]

PPHSfan
09-17-2002, 09:13 PM
Tortilla burgers sound great. Another 3A delicacy is the Armadillo Eggs served down the road from Quinlan. Man you wanna talk about good. :-)

Good Luck Quinlan Panthers...you guys are looking good this year.

mojjo_1
09-17-2002, 09:33 PM
How about a dog bone from Jasper. It's a good sized turkey leg. Last friday their was a lot of bbq smoke coming from the concession stand

Super_Fan
09-17-2002, 09:35 PM
If your from out of town all you have to do is look for the glare of the lights from the stadium http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/wink.gif

GoOrange
09-17-2002, 09:36 PM
If you don't know a score, call the local Dairy Queen after 10:30 pm.

mwynn05
09-17-2002, 10:07 PM
yes after almost every game we go to dairy queen cuz usually its the only place to eat in town

mwynn05
09-17-2002, 10:07 PM
oh yea and if ur ever in mexia eat at jims crispy fried chicken its tha best chicken ive ever eatin

PPHSfan
09-17-2002, 10:14 PM
Just thought of another one. When Celina comes to play in your town you can sell parking in your front yard for twenty bucks.

Atl_Rabb_Fan
09-17-2002, 10:50 PM
Plus the whole town shuts down and just about everyone is there. But those who cant be there are listining to the game on the radio.

PPHSfan
09-17-2002, 11:27 PM
Oh well might as well throw one good reason why we are not the best. Have you ever tried to get a pizza delivered on a Friday night in 3A town? It just dont pay to stay home sick when your team is out of town. :-)

Swarm 51
09-18-2002, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by hornet03:

Yes, Hornet 03, but looks what it says on the tower-----"Gatesville Hornets, 2000, 3A Division 1 State Champions." The City Counsel was originally going to have it painted in black against the white tower, but the contractor advised this particular color of blue would last much longer and withstand bad weather elements much better. We were very happy to have the privilege of bringing that title back home. Who cares what color we had to use!!! Right??

bigfanofthegame
09-18-2002, 04:25 AM
When you go to the championship game, not only the school is closed, but pretty much the entire town. Alot of the buisness owners are the teams biggest supporters and fans.

SintonFan
09-18-2002, 11:38 AM
When that first good cold front blows in and the air has that perfect crispness to it. Everything looks so much sharper and neat. First time since spring you have to drag your light coat out to wear. For some reason, you seem to notice it more at the game on friday night. Why is this a 3A thing? You recognize almost everyone and it's the first thing you talk about when you see people at the game.

VWG
09-18-2002, 12:17 PM
I love the population 2,500, but 4,000 at a game. That's great. In "the city" they travel across town, maybe a 20 minute road trip on the bus... in parts of Texas they travel 1 to 2 hours on the old yellow dog for district games. Classic.

District303aPastPlayer
09-18-2002, 02:02 PM
A tortilla burger is two tortillas, one side has beans, the other has mustard, mayonasse or ketchup. An all beef patty, pickles, lettuce tomato and onions fill the burger. Eat that with some good home made french fries from Tasty Taco, and mmmmm.... then you have tasted some great food.

FBmania
09-18-2002, 03:00 PM
How about 3a and lower stats being listed as others in big city newspapers. (CHRONICLE) 5A.... 4A.... and it's almost like oh yeah! Others. Ticks me off :-)

footballgal
09-18-2002, 03:22 PM
You can add one more to that top ten list,
half of the fans walk up to the hurricane fence and park their folding chairs to watch the game from outside the fence. "Old Tarpon Stadium"

by Wild Tarpon at our local board, had to add this one to our top 10, it's funny to me cuz I have seen it in the past and even this past Friday I saw it! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

PPHSfan
09-18-2002, 03:30 PM
Just thought of another one.

If you forget the ketchup at the tailgate party....all you have to do is run in the house and get some.

FBmania
09-18-2002, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan:
Just thought of another one.

If you forget the ketchup at the tailgate party....all you have to do is run in the house and get some.

....LOL! :-)

TarponR13K
09-18-2002, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by hornet03:

Our water tower is white with blue lettering as well. Nobody repaints ours every year! (??) Oh yeah, since we're from down here in the valley at a small school, they got a little grill and make some good sausage and sell sausage tacos and fajita tacos too!!

But a bad thing about small schools is that organizations share students and kids are either missing part of football practice or volleyball practice or band practice or uil practice or what have ya. It's kinda hard to get things done with a bunch of people missing http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/frown.gif

OH YEAH-if ya wanna hear the band practice or halftime all ya gotta do is open a window http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/wink.gif

PPHSfan
09-19-2002, 03:13 AM
After reading a ridiculous thread on another board, I feel I have to include this one too. 3A and smaller is better because there is no "Power Struggle" between the Head Football Coach and the Band Director. :-)

NOZGRINDER
09-19-2002, 10:01 AM
-MISSING MOST OF THE GAME AS A YOUNG KID BECAUSE YOU WERE PLAYING PAPER CUP FOOTBALL TILL HALFTIME.THEN THE CHEERLEADERS THREW OUT THE LITTLE PLASTIC FOOTBALLS, THEN THE REAL GAME STARTED. (BEHIND THE STANDS)

HOMEMADE NACHO CHEESE WITH MEAT IN IT.

FILMING A GAME FROM ON TOP OF THE PRESS BOX.

SCOREBOARDS WITH BULBS BURNT OUT OR MISSING.

FULL STADIUMS.

PREGAME PRAYER(AT SOME SCHOOLS ANYWAY)

COACHES HAVING TO MARK THEIR OWN FIELD.(I HATE THIS)

3A AND LOWER IS A BLAST!

Ranger Mom
09-19-2002, 10:06 AM
Kinda off the topic, but talking about water towers reminded me of something. Our motto is painted on a water tank every year. This year our motto is Hit Em. Some prankster decided to put an "S" in front of "hit" one night. So for a few days we had a very different motto than the one we started out with!!

w_rob
09-19-2002, 02:46 PM
3A Football is the best. If you think there was a bad call made at the game. You can see the re-play on T.V.Wednesday night.

TarponR13K
09-19-2002, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan:
After reading a ridiculous thread on another board, I feel I have to include this one too. 3A and smaller is better because there is no "Power Struggle" between the Head Football Coach and the Band Director. :-)

We recently got a new head coach at our school that is very cooperative with the Head Band Director which is a good thing but before that there was a power struggle. There still kind of is but only because it is so hard to decide how to split up the kids. It's the same with volleyball etc. It sucks.

PPHSfan
09-19-2002, 10:38 PM
Tarpon, Just to set the record straight, It was not your post that I was refering to. There is another post on another board all together that has gotten completly out of hand, when the question was posed whether or not the HC/AD had more pull or made more money than the band director. Geez is that a loaded question or what? lol

PPHSfan
02-06-2004, 10:46 PM
Ok this thread is old. But we have a lot more folks here now, and this is a football topic. :D

callandraise
02-12-2004, 12:58 PM
We don't have a water tower in our town,just a windmill,we used to have two but we had to tear one down,wasn't enough wind to turn two.

Ranger Mom
02-12-2004, 02:22 PM
Wow!!! I can't imagine not having enough wind!!