PDA

View Full Version : James vs. Leach

JJWalker
12-29-2009, 05:49 PM
How does the drama play out?

LE Dad
12-29-2009, 06:22 PM
How about this?? Leach remains at Tech, but is placed on probation by School Admin. Allegations continue to come up for next couple of years. Leach resigns and goes to Indiana and builds up the Hoosiers football program:thinking:

Adam James never amounts to much and is heard from every time Leach is involved in any incident:doh:

All the fat faced girlfriends laugh and tweet their boyfriends on the team :D

NateDawg39
12-29-2009, 06:39 PM
You know, Ive been to High school games and seen a coach smack a player upside the helmet for a bone head play and ive seen a coach from Baylor grab a guys face mask and sling him around after dropping the ball, this kid is just running to daddy trying to get the spotlight

scrub c
12-29-2009, 06:43 PM
I cant see the kid going anywhere else... who would want a squealer, just above average receiver who probably got on the team because of who his dad is?

And on top of that, if you dont give hem enough PT, daddy and espn will knocking at your door...

blowfish
12-29-2009, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
You know, Ive been to High school games and seen a coach smack a player upside the helmet for a bone head play and ive seen a coach from Baylor grab a guys face mask and sling him around after dropping the ball, this kid is just running to daddy trying to get the spotlight

I dont know all the facts but does this have anything to do with slapping? It was my understanding Leach had him locked in a storage closet because he had a concussion?

NateDawg39
12-29-2009, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by blowfish
I dont know all the facts but does this have anything to do with slapping? It was my understanding Leach had him locked in a storage closet because he had a concussion? i know im just saying ive seen things happen in public that got less attention that are worse than bein locked away in a closet.

Trashman
12-29-2009, 06:54 PM
Leach is asked to resign and he laughs all the way to the bank. James signs with SMU and is never heard from again. Leach on the other hand, surfaces now and then but his last stop is at DIII Howard Payne University as a receivers coach. LOL

skins4life
12-29-2009, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by blowfish
I dont know all the facts but does this have anything to do with slapping? It was my understanding Leach had him locked in a storage closet because he had a concussion?

From a pretty reliable source, the "storage closet" is actually the equipment storage "shed". The "shed" is approximately 45 to 50 ft. long and 15 to 20 ft. wide.

GreenMonster
12-29-2009, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by skins4life
From a pretty reliable source, the "storage closet" is actually the equipment storage "shed". The "shed" is approximately 45 to 50 ft. long and 15 to 20 ft. wide.

The things I've read don't really show mistreatment. Placed in a cool, dark place is a good place for someone with a concussion. A "guard" outside the door = not being left alone especially when said "guard" is a member of the training staff. I think this is a case of Craig James throwing his weight around more than a case of mistreatment by Leach. I don't really care for the guy or his air it out until they stop us offense, but I don't believe this is a case of mistreatment. A little unorthodox maybe, but he had medical personel attatched to the young man and he sent him to a cool, dark, quiet place located adjacent to the practice facility. Maybe Leach has a policy about everyone being at practice and this is his way of keeping James at practice while accomodating his head injury. I don't know, but I do think this is being fueled by the media and spun into something that it probably isn't.

skins4life
12-29-2009, 07:22 PM
Personally, I hope Leach keeps his job, wins the bowl game, sues the James' for false allegations and wins and then ESPN fires Craig James for filing the false allegations.

Then, Leach chances his mind and resigns just before national signing day and all of their top receiving recruits follow him to his new job and they drum TTech in non-conference play for the next 3 years.

:D :D

skins4life
12-29-2009, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
The things I've read don't really show mistreatment. Placed in a cool, dark place is a good place for someone with a concussion. A "guard" outside the door = not being left alone especially when said "guard" is a member of the training staff. I think this is a case of Craig James throwing his weight around more than a case of mistreatment by Leach. I don't really care for the guy or his air it out until they stop us offense, but I don't believe this is a case of mistreatment. A little unorthodox maybe, but he had medical personel attatched to the young man and he sent him to a cool, dark, quiet place located adjacent to the practice facility. Maybe Leach has a policy about everyone being at practice and this is his way of keeping James at practice while accomodating his head injury. I don't know, but I do think this is being fueled by the media and spun into something that it probably isn't.

What I've read from all of the players this is a common practice for players to go the "shed". Also the way the media his portraying the "shed" it's like it's a 8X8 jail cell.

JJWalker
12-30-2009, 12:36 AM
All this media attention can't be bad for the bowl games. Especially the Alamo Bowl.

bobcat4life
12-30-2009, 01:47 AM
I think Andy is exaggerating a bit. Ive talked to him many times in the past 5 or 6 years and he seemed to do that quite a few times. I think Leach doesnt coach the bowl game, coaches Tech next year unless he gets an offer to a better job. Adam will probably stay at Tech IMO

Twirling Time
12-30-2009, 08:23 AM
This whole thing sounds like media members protecting a media member.

If Leach gets fired and he sues, all the e-mail exchanges get subpoenaed as part of the discovery process and this could get quite tasty.

waterboy
12-30-2009, 10:09 AM
Obama will call them both to the White House and have a beer with them to settle their differences.:D

3afan
12-30-2009, 10:14 AM
Leach is the prima donna here, not the James'

Additup
12-30-2009, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Obama will call them both to the White House and have a beer with them to settle their differences.:D
:clap: :clap: :clap:

JJWalker
12-30-2009, 06:19 PM
I am curious to see if this has any negative effect on Craig James?

teetle
01-05-2010, 03:05 PM
Leaches should have kicked him in the buttocks.:D :weeping: :D

headhunter
01-05-2010, 04:10 PM
No Way Adam James can stay at Tech. Those kids and the "Team Leach" supporters will make it him so uncomfortable. It is a big school, but it is not big enough to dodge all the AJ haters. He is not a very popular person to the student body at this time. I am not sure he can go to the bars, walk around campus, or even be waited on at a restuarant in Lubbock.

Many Tech Fans feel very strong about Leach got the raw end, they can be very tough on the young man. I just cannot see AJ staying in Lubbock.

I know if I saw him around Lubbock, I would say something to the little prick

OldBison75
01-05-2010, 04:35 PM
On many of the threads about this situation, people have complained that Leach was asked, or ordered to apologize for his treatment of James. I am attaching a copy of the leter text that Leach was sent as posted by the Associated Press. I see nowhere that this letter says he has to apologize for anything, just looks like the university was covering thier butts and setting some very reasonable guidelines while the investigation was conducted:

The text of a letter, dated Dec. 23, from Texas Tech officials provided to Mike Leach that was included in a court filing. Leach, who was fired Wednesday, did not sign the letter nor agree to abide by the guidelines set forth in it.

Dear Coach Leach,

As you know, we have been conducting an inquiry into allegations by a student athlete that your treatment of him, subsequent to his being diagnosed with a mild concussion, may have been injurious to his health and served no medical and/or educational purposes. Texas Tech takes these allegations very seriously. In addition to being unacceptable, if proven, these allegations constitute a breach of your employment contract.

So that we can carry out an inquiry that takes into account the safety of our student athletes and in addition, that is fair to the students, yourself, and the university, we have determined that you must abide by the following guidelines from this day forward:

1. All practices and other team meetings will be monitored by the athletic director or his representative. (Crossed out with the initials GB beside it.)

2. Any player claiming an injury will be examined by a physician and cleared in writing prior to practicing or playing. Decisions regarding whether an injury warrants suspension from practice and/or play will be determined by a physician without pressure from you or your staff.

3. You must recognize that the players you are working with are student athletes and that you have an obligation to treat them with respect and further to conduct yourself in a manner consistent with your position as an instructor of students.

4. You must at all times assure the fair and responsible treatment of student athletes in relation to their health, welfare, and discipline, and if you are not doing so, you must immediately cease any actions not in compliance with this provision of your contract.

5. There will be no retaliation against any student who has suffered an injury.

Again, these allegations are serious, and should they be substantiated will result in disciplinary action ranging from public or private reprimand, monetary fines or adjustments in compensation, adjustments in the term of this contract, up to termination.

Sincerely,

Guy Bailey

President

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press