PDA

View Full Version : How much does heart matter in these games?

jerry7
09-19-2003, 01:19 AM
I was just wondering?????????

3afan
09-19-2003, 06:08 AM
very little .........its talent & execution that matters.

<small>[ September 19, 2003, 06:09 AM: Message edited by: 3afan ]</small>

CatsDen
09-19-2003, 06:38 AM
Attitude sets the tone. Talent can be covered with solid play by average players (as long as they are in the right place to make the play). Execution can be had with average players. Attitude is the key.

Any player can make the tackle or block, but the attitude determines where the tackle is made, or how deep the block drives.

Will the LB allow the RB through the gap, then make the tackle at LB depth (3-4 yards), or will he beat the RB to the hole and crush him in the backfield...that's the difference

Will the LT hold the DE out of the backfield, or drive him into the ground 3 yards out.

BrahmaMom
09-19-2003, 06:46 AM
They don't call it the HEART of a champion for nothing.

ItalianStallion
09-21-2003, 09:04 PM
im with you brahma mom heart is a big part of the game and any one who says it is not dont know jack about football.

3afan2K3
09-21-2003, 09:09 PM
3afan:
very little .........its talent & execution that matters.I agree, guess that means I don't know jack about Football

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-21-2003, 09:15 PM
Heart, is the part, were if you have it, you dont go out and party, till 3 in the morning, the night before you play a big game, or any game, for all that matters. That"s were your Heart kick's in!!!

ItalianStallion
09-21-2003, 09:17 PM
you dont! when your on that field it is the 2nd overtime quaterfinals of the playoffs and alls the opponet needs is a field goal to win but they go for a six pack and the allstate de goes back a sacks the qb. Or when a player breaks a couple fingers but still goes back in to play a finish the game to win.that my friend is heart.

Chief Woodman
09-21-2003, 09:18 PM
Funny you should post this. Just had a young man at my house this weekend who played for a school last year in Burnet's district. He attends aTm this year. This is what he said the pre-game pep talk by his head coach was prior to the Burnet game just last year.......

"They are bigger than us. They are faster than us. They have better athletes than us. But we have more heart than anybody. Lets go get them!"

Burnet slaughtered them.

Yeah, heart makes the difference. Anybody who says different does not know Jack about football.

3afan2K3
FormerBellvilleBrahma:
Heart, is the part, were if you have it, you dont go out and party, till 3 in the morning, the night before you play a big game, or any game, for all that matters. That"s were your Heart kick's in!!!No thats where common sense kicks in

ItalianStallion
you dont! when your on that field it is the 2nd overtime quaterfinals of the playoffs and alls the opponet needs is a field goal to win but they go for a six pack and the allstate de goes back a sacks the qb. Or when a player breaks a couple fingers but still goes back in to play a finish the game to win.that my friend is heart. :D

29x281
09-21-2003, 09:41 PM
The myth about heart is that only slow, non-talented players are allowed to have it.

When a marginal athlete with great heart goes against a great athlete who also has great heart, well, you know the rest...

smithvillefan04
09-21-2003, 09:48 PM
communication is just as important.

X21AAAPlayer
09-21-2003, 11:04 PM
Heart helps a lot. The more you have the better and harder you play. If you are passionate about playing, you will do anything you can to win. Which in turn makes your team better. If you are just playing for the heck of it and dont really care about the game. Then that also effects the team.

Bandera YaYa
09-21-2003, 11:07 PM
It mostly helps when you have the YaYa's on your side....using their magic and mojo....a major plus for the team........... eek! :D

lepfan
09-21-2003, 11:35 PM
Heart comes in BIG when you have a team with 0 in the W column and they still stick with it...(the practices, the disappointing games, the critisizing fans, the opposing teams making you the brunt of their jokes, etc...)Sometimes HEART it will win you games, sometimes it will just allow you walk with your head held high.

Gobbla2001
09-21-2003, 11:46 PM
Edna was a door-mat my senior year and were struggling by the 7th game of the season... We were 5-1, doing really well... Edna pretty much didn't stand a chance... On top of that, their coach was fired the week of our game and a new one took over... You could tell they felt the loss of their coach and the instablility of the program in their 'heart'...

Edna led 20-14 at halftime...

Same game, our QB, who was the leading rusher on our team, headed for an all-state bid, was injured and out for the rest of the season... At halftime we got together, we felt that in our 'hearts' that we had to move on, and accept the fact that our QB wasn't going to be their in the second half... We won 34-26...

Heart might not get a terrible team past a Burnet or Everman, but it can help... If you don't love the game, you can't win the game... And the last time I checked, love came from the heart...

CHS_CG
09-22-2003, 01:14 AM
You can have all the talent in the WORLD and be good at what you do but if you dont have any heart in it.. then what you are doin isnt goin to matter to you and you will not succeed in anything!