PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Vs. Texas A&M

Yoe_09
12-28-2009, 07:04 PM
Currently 14-7 Georgia at half-time. So far A&M's defense hasent given up a point and the special teams has killed them thus far. The offense has had its moments moving the ball but will have to pick it up in the second half.

Yoe_09
12-28-2009, 07:15 PM
now 14-14..pretty good drive by A&M

skins4life
12-28-2009, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
Currently 14-7 Georgia at half-time. So far A&M's defense hasent given up a point and the special teams has killed them thus far. The offense has had its moments moving the ball but will have to pick it up in the second half.

I think there's a Georgia fan running the game clock. At the end of the half, Ag's run a play out of bounds and the clock runs off 3 sec.
Then he ref's have to reset the ball and the clocks starts before the ball is set. IMO, it looks like the Big 12 against the SEC with a little help (+5) :devil: :devil:

Yoe_09
12-28-2009, 07:20 PM
yeah i noticed that, the clock was really messed up and it end up costing us a FG attempt right before half.

Txbroadcaster
12-28-2009, 07:33 PM
A telling stat shows where A&M is as a program..it says on the scroll that they have no "draftable" players at the moment..Ole Fran really screwed the pooch

Yoe_09
12-28-2009, 07:34 PM
Either Tannehill is just playing terrible or Johnson is throwing the ball in the wrong spots....and once again special teams looks like it will cost A&M....really unacceptable for both the players and coaches having this many mistakes.

skins4life
12-28-2009, 07:35 PM
Either Tannehill is just playing terrible or Johnson is throwing the ball in the wrong spots....and once again special teams looks like it will cost A&M....really unacceptable for both the players and coaches having this many mistakes.

You got that right!!

skins4life
12-28-2009, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by skins4life
IMO, it looks like the Big 12 against the SEC with a little help (+5) :devil: :devil:

Well, it looks like it isn't going to matter the way A&M is playing now!!:mad:

BwdLion73
12-28-2009, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by skins4life
Well, it looks like it isn't going to matter the way A&M is playing now!!:mad:

I was hopeing for a better showing, but I think I would be getting ready to slip a few exits farther east and try my luck. ;)

skins4life
12-28-2009, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
I was hopeing for a better showing, but I think I would be getting ready to slip a few exits farther east and try my luck. ;)

You talkin' about gettin out while the gettin's good??:D

Yoe_09
12-28-2009, 08:22 PM
A&M really has put up an overall horrible showing in this game overall. The defense has been pretty good but everything else has been bad. Way to many mental errors and questionable play calling at times. When you have a 4th and 1 and you have been able to run the ball for short yardage all game you dont spread it out and throw it in my opinion. You also dont throw the ball 50 yards down field when you have been driving with 5 to 10 yard plays the whole drive.

Yoe_09
12-28-2009, 08:24 PM
currently 31-14 Georgia and they are driving with 10 minutes left

Yoe_09
12-28-2009, 08:25 PM
scratch that...38-14 pending extra point.

skins4life
12-28-2009, 08:26 PM
A&M really has put up an overall horrible showing in this game overall. The defense has been pretty good but everything else has been bad. Way to many mental errors and questionable play calling at times. When you have a 4th and 1 and you have been able to run the ball for short yardage all game you dont spread it out and throw it in my opinion. You also dont throw the ball 50 yards down field when you have been driving with 5 to 10 yard plays the whole drive.

I'll agree with that!! Now the defense is worn out from being on the field so long!!

Yoe_09
12-28-2009, 08:27 PM
yeah, this one is falling apart quickly now

wtfootball
12-28-2009, 08:46 PM
I've noticed they quit this year once they get down. It's a sad day for Aggie fans. We expect more. Maybe they can get this thing turned around over the summer.

Yoe_09
12-28-2009, 09:20 PM
There is no doubt that next year needs to be a big year for the aggies and Mike Sherman in general. They will have loads of people returning next year including Johnson who had a pretty bad game this evening. 2010 will very crucial for Sherman. He will have the talent and needs to start winning some bigger games and not get blown out like they did against Arkansas, Kansas State, and Oklahoma.

navscanmaster
12-28-2009, 10:44 PM
It starts with the defense. With all the talk about improving it after the 2008 season, Kines was only able to move from 114th to 107th. I would not give this guy another year. The Aggies did not lose this game because of sloppy defense though. They were worn out in the fourth quarter. Jerrod was errant on every single pass in the second half. He should have to fight for his position again next spring. The Aggies need a LEADER on offense with all the freshmen and sophomores. Jerrod is too inconsistent. You cannot roll the dice and hope that the "good" Jerrod will show up in a game when you are trying to get the guys rolling consistently. Sure, he can be downright awesome sometimes, but when he is not, the Aggies literally fall apart. Special teams blunders and interceptions led directly to 35 points for Georgia. That is a telling stat.

Yoe_09
12-28-2009, 11:08 PM
yeah, I really do see what your are saying about the defensive situation currently. I would probably not bring him back as well. I would also open up the QB race but I think Johnson will probably still be the best option for next year.

Emerson1
12-29-2009, 12:17 AM
Can't believe I picked a&m to win.

LE Dad
12-29-2009, 01:01 AM
yeah, I really do see what your are saying about the defensive situation currently. I would probably not bring him back as well. I would also open up the QB race but I think Johnson will probably still be the best option for next year. I was fairly impressed with the D. The secondary had a few breakdowns and 1 TD was over a short DB, who actually had good position. There were a couple of times they were confused on how to align, but it did not cost them.

Offense was OK. QB play was the most glaring weakness. Johnson overthrew, underthrew, threw ahead or behind most of the game. He was slow to recognize open receivers. The last int was badly overthrown into double coverage. I think had he not been in a must pass situation, he might have faired better. A little more experience might be all he needs.

Special teams coach needs to go for sure. That was awful. The gap on the KO return was huge. It was like the parting of the Red Sea. The punt block was as bad if not worse. Took entirely to long to kick the ball and absolutely horrible blocking. I could go on and on 2 bad snaps, TO because holder not on field for FG, blocked FG. Just total and complete meltdown.

Based on what I saw today only, I would say the Aggie D did well grade them ...A- Offense B- Special Teams F-.

Keith7
12-29-2009, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Can't believe I picked a&m to win.

seriously. they were playing an SEC school. We all know how the "big" 12 is compared to the SEC.

navscanmaster
12-29-2009, 01:23 AM
I think at the top of the conferences, #1 and #2 are usually pretty even. But when you get to the #5 and #6 teams, the SEC is hands down more dominant. Proven.

eagles_victory
12-29-2009, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
I think at the top of the conferences, #1 and #2 are usually pretty even. But when you get to the #5 and #6 teams, the SEC is hands down more dominant. Proven. This doesn't really prove that you have a 4th to 5th place SEC team against the #8 team out of the Big 12. No disrespect to the Aggies but a 6-6 team who was 1 win over a team with a winning record all year doesn't belong in a bowl game and you shouldn't judge the conference on their performance.

Yoe_09
12-29-2009, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
I was fairly impressed with the D. The secondary had a few breakdowns and 1 TD was over a short DB, who actually had good position. There were a couple of times they were confused on how to align, but it did not cost them.

Offense was OK. QB play was the most glaring weakness. Johnson overthrew, underthrew, threw ahead or behind most of the game. He was slow to recognize open receivers. The last int was badly overthrown into double coverage. I think had he not been in a must pass situation, he might have faired better. A little more experience might be all he needs.

Special teams coach needs to go for sure. That was awful. The gap on the KO return was huge. It was like the parting of the Red Sea. The punt block was as bad if not worse. Took entirely to long to kick the ball and absolutely horrible blocking. I could go on and on 2 bad snaps, TO because holder not on field for FG, blocked FG. Just total and complete meltdown.

Based on what I saw today only, I would say the Aggie D did well grade them ...A- Offense B- Special Teams F-.

Based on what I saw today I would have to agree with out. Based on what I have seen throughout the season:

Offense:B+
Defense: D
Special Teams:B-

Based on what Sherman has for next year the team should and better perform better.

Cotton
12-29-2009, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
seriously. they were playing an SEC school. We all know how the "big" 12 is compared to the SEC.

then how do you explain georgia's great showing against ok state?

WOS87
12-29-2009, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by Cotton
then how do you explain georgia's great showing against ok state?

Didn't UH beat ok state? :D

The SEC has most definitely NOT been superior across the board this season by any means though

Phil C
12-29-2009, 11:06 AM
It probably wouldn't have made any difference to the final results but I wonder why the officials didn't review the play just before the half to see if t here was any time left.

LE Dad
12-29-2009, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
It probably wouldn't have made any difference to the final results but I wonder why the officials didn't review the play just before the half to see if t here was any time left. You are correct twice Phil.
The clock operation was suspect several times during the game and had this been a close game it would deserve greater scrutiny.

Looking at the final score though there are a few more issues to address before the clock.

:(

Cotton
12-29-2009, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
Didn't UH beat ok state? :D

The SEC has most definitely NOT been superior across the board this season by any means though

yes, uh beat ok state, which makes my point even stronger. The sec is always a strong conference, but is always overrated in my opinion.

statewide
12-29-2009, 03:22 PM
I think Johnson is a good qb. I think the offense is improving but needs an O line bad.
Defense just needs to keep getting better, they will.

Special teams coach needs to be fired, he lost the game for us. It was a close game in the first half and would have been entirely different without the pathetic special teams play.

I"m going to bed, someone wake me up when it's time for the maroon and white game.
gigem

navscanmaster
12-29-2009, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by statewide
I think Johnson is a good qb. I think the offense is improving but needs an O line bad.
Defense just needs to keep getting better, they will.

Special teams coach needs to be fired, he lost the game for us. It was a close game in the first half and would have been entirely different without the pathetic special teams play.

I"m going to bed, someone wake me up when it's time for the maroon and white game.
gigem

We've got a heck of a basketball program, men and women, to cheer for now! Stay awake!:mad:

Yoe_09
12-29-2009, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
We've got a heck of a basketball program, men and women, to cheer for now! Stay awake!:mad:

no doubt that the BB teams are really pretty good this year. Men took a huge hit in losing Roland but I still expect them to finish in the top 5 in the big 12 and possibly go a few rounds deep. The girls have had moments this year when they have been dominant (including duke). I would expect them to make a good run to at least the Elite 8.