PDA

View Full Version : Burnet Jasper Info ASAP

bubba_chuck_34
11-29-2003, 01:35 AM
Does anyone know where this game will be played i have heard TX stadium or Kyle fiel ddoes anyone know I need to know so i can already makes plans.

Chris Hart
11-29-2003, 01:39 AM
My sources say Texas Stadium. Not sure of day/time.

bevo
11-29-2003, 01:45 AM
spiveyrat says in New Orleans... :D But seriously I have herd that it could be played in Texas Stadium too!

Congrads to you tonight Burnet for another successful season to date... wink

dawgmeister
11-29-2003, 01:56 AM
Won't know place or time until @ 3:00 tomorrow afternoon. Coaches meet at that time to flip.
Game will probably be Saturday afternoon; either Texas Stadium or Kyle Field. :cool:

j_dog
11-29-2003, 02:02 AM
Not trying to start another site controversy, but I am puzzled by this talk about Kyle Field and Texas Stadium. Didn't Burnet win the coin flip last year and pick Kyle Field? If so, what was Jasper's alternative site? Wouldn't it then be Jasper's pick this year? Just curious, neither Kyle Field nor Texas Stadium would seem like a Jasper choice of stadium. What is the story? :)

Bulldog92
11-29-2003, 02:22 AM
j_dog:
Not trying to start another site controversy, but I am puzzled by this talk about Kyle Field and Texas Stadium. Didn't Burnet win the coin flip last year and pick Kyle Field? If so, what was Jasper's alternative site? Wouldn't it then be Jasper's pick this year? Just curious, neither Kyle Field nor Texas Stadium would seem like a Jasper choice of stadium. What is the story? :) I'm wondering the same thing. I know Jasper wouldn't wanna go back to Kyle Field (no offense, Aggie fans) and it doesn't make sense to go all the way to Irving. I would think Jasper would favor a place that has been good to them...like Huntsville or Conroe. I'm sure the kids would love to play at a bigger venue, so they might opt to play at the Astrodome. Who knows?

Frank_Bama
11-29-2003, 04:28 AM
j_dog:
Not trying to start another site controversy, but I am puzzled by this talk about Kyle Field and Texas Stadium. Didn't Burnet win the coin flip last year and pick Kyle Field? If so, what was Jasper's alternative site? Wouldn't it then be Jasper's pick this year? Just curious, neither Kyle Field nor Texas Stadium would seem like a Jasper choice of stadium. What is the story? :) There was no coin flip last year Kyle field was a mutual agreement.

Diboll_Lumberjackk
11-29-2003, 05:27 AM
i say flip home & home an say what the hell. If it ended up in jasper id take everyone from diboll to the game :)

29x281
11-29-2003, 09:37 AM
Kyle Field is exactly half-way between Burnet and Jasper.

Both of these sites are cool. Both are a relatively equal distance for both schools. Plus Dallas is a cool city, and I'd be curious to see Burnet @ Texas Stadium.

Dawgystyle
11-29-2003, 09:42 AM
Got it from a good source that Jasper does not want to return to Kyle Field. I figure that its probably because we beat them there but also because of the phsycological advantage it might give to McGee whose home field that will be. Texas stadium is a good site and just about 30 minutes further for Burnet fans.

Dawgystyle
11-29-2003, 09:57 AM
Just did the figures on my mapping program. Jasper to College Station - 155.8 miles
Burnet to College Station - 133.1 miles

Jasper to Irving - 233.3 miles
Burnet to Irving - 190.2 miles

College Station is the most "evenly spaced between the two towns" city with a major football venue. Any where else the game is played, one team or the other is giving miles.

Its part of the playoffs and shouldn't matter.

olddawggreen
11-29-2003, 09:59 AM
Dawgystyle:
Got it from a good source that Jasper does not want to return to Kyle Field. I figure that its probably because we beat them there but also because of the phsycological advantage it might give to McGee whose home field that will be. Texas stadium is a good site and just about 30 minutes further for Burnet fans.This is true, I was in CS last week and people were already talking about the possibility of getting to come out and get another preview of their new QB recruit.