PDA

View Full Version : Mike Leach suspended for Alamo Bowl

turbostud
12-28-2009, 05:10 PM
Wow!
Link (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091228/ap_on_sp_co_ne/fbc_t25_texas_tech_leach_suspended_1)

pero chato
12-28-2009, 05:13 PM
Not every player has a fat little girlfriend to take care of him.

Bullaholic
12-28-2009, 05:14 PM
Hard to know what to make of this until the smoke clears. Did Leach really mess up that bad with this player's injury or are there some leaks about ol' Mike maybe checking out greener and more lucrative coaching pastures? Maybe a little player vendetta? Stay tuned sports fans---you know there will be nothing boring when it comes to Leach.

bobcat4life
12-28-2009, 05:23 PM
Im suprised he is still there after the past few years and all he incidents

underware
12-28-2009, 05:38 PM
I always thought he looks like Vince Gill??

Z-RO
12-28-2009, 05:42 PM
The rumors are that it was Craig James's son (the guy from ESPN).

gobble_up03
12-28-2009, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by underware
I always thought he looks like Vince Gill??

BAHAHA! Me too!

Emerson1
12-28-2009, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Z-RO
The rumors are that it was Craig James's son (the guy from ESPN).
That just sounds like an easy target for speculation. Not sure why Craig would want to put himself in the spot light like that.

AAA87
12-28-2009, 06:01 PM
Because some times the ex players who are still in the lime light think they are better than the average joe!!

gobbler grad
12-28-2009, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by pero chato

:fnypost:

eagles_victory
12-28-2009, 06:18 PM
They just said something about locking the player in an equipment room with the lights off for hours at a time.

Gobbler Fan
12-28-2009, 06:24 PM
I'm going to miss all his dumbfounded looks:doh:

Maroon87
12-28-2009, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
They just said something about locking the player in an equipment room with the lights off for hours at a time.

Yeah...that's a bit over the top if that's true.

pirate4state
12-28-2009, 06:50 PM
Why on earth would you LOCK someone in? He was a lawyer, right? He should really know better..... :doh:

Eagle 1
12-28-2009, 06:54 PM
Wow, I think there is more to it than that.

An attorney for Leach said that while James was secluded twice, the circumstances were not as portrayed by the James family.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls09/news/story?id=4776848

Z-RO
12-28-2009, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
That just sounds like an easy target for speculation. Not sure why Craig would want to put himself in the spot light like that.

Told ya http://www.the-mainboard.com/forum/Smileys/default/tongue-new.gif

Looking4number8
12-28-2009, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory

They also said the 2nd time he is accused of putting the James kid in an electrical closet with the lights off...

this is from the halftime report during the A&M game

Txbroadcaster
12-28-2009, 07:40 PM
SOUNDS like

Leach thought hey this guy is having headaches that are basically like migranes....one of the things that helps migranes is to be in a 100% dark room..helps relax the eyes which helps relax the nerves and blood vessels.

I honestly think unless something else comes out that his intentions were good and ythe family is turning it around on him

Eagle 1
12-28-2009, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
SOUNDS like

Leach thought hey this guy is having headaches that are basically like migranes....one of the things that helps migranes is to be in a 100% dark room..helps relax the eyes which helps relax the nerves and blood vessels.

I honestly think unless something else comes out that his intentions were good and ythe family is turning it around on him

Finally something we can agree on.

gatordaze
12-28-2009, 08:24 PM
SOUNDS like

Yes and when he sat down Leach had all seating removed and ensured that he had nothing to lean against. I guess that if your feet start hurting your head ache will go away.

pirate4state
12-28-2009, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Yes and when he sat down Leach had all seating removed and ensured that he had nothing to lean against. I guess that if your feet start hurting your head ache will go away. :confused: Is he too stupid to lay down???

Obviously, there is so much more to this developing story. I think I'll just shut up and quit trying to make sense of anything that involves TT.

Z-RO
12-28-2009, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:confused: Is he too stupid to lay down???

If their intentions were for him to lay down or to be comfortable why wouldnt they leave any seating?

wtfootball
12-28-2009, 08:44 PM
After watching them chase off anyone that comes to watch the game from the other team, literally threaten to assault them if they do not leave, I think tech is a classless program with classless fans and this just demonstrates what is acceptable out there.

pirate4state
12-28-2009, 08:53 PM
If their intentions were for him to lay down or to be comfortable why wouldnt they leave any seating? Never said anything about anyone's intentions. I simply asked if his feet hurt was he too stupid to lay down? LOL

When I've had migraines, I've laid on a cold floor and/or tub neither of which is comfortable.

The more I think about the situation, the more ridiculous it is, but that shouldn't surprise me considering we are talking about the Pirate.

Txbroadcaster
12-28-2009, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
Finally something we can agree on.

See how that works? I dont simply say well since I am a UT fan I will automatically trash Leach and or Tech....Maybe you should try it ;)

Txbroadcaster
12-28-2009, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Yes and when he sat down Leach had all seating removed and ensured that he had nothing to lean against. I guess that if your feet start hurting your head ache will go away.

And your assuming what the player said is 100% correct and in no way an agenda

Eagle 1
12-28-2009, 10:08 PM
If their intentions were for him to lay down or to be comfortable why wouldnt they leave any seating?

Leach’s attorney, Ted Liggett, acknowledges that James was secluded twice but the circumstances are not being portrayed correctly.

Liggett said James "was placed in an equipment room as it was much cooler and darker” and “after a doctor had examined him and returned him to the field."

Liggett also explained that Leach “tries to keep the players that are unable to practice as close as he can.”

Leach has not responded to questions in regards to the allegations.

Key word "allegations".

NateDawg39
12-28-2009, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by wtfootball
After watching them chase off anyone that comes to watch the game from the other team, literally threaten to assault them if they do not leave, I think tech is a classless program with classless fans and this just demonstrates what is acceptable out there. It may shock you but I have seen that at NFL, college AND high school games...Tech is just one more in the mix

lion75
12-28-2009, 11:34 PM
Punk. and I don't like Tech.

NateDawg39
12-28-2009, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by lion75
Punk. and I don't like Tech. vernon sucks

Snydertigersrul
12-29-2009, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by pero chato

Or a Daddy who is a washed-out player trying to pump his ego while working for ESPN

lion75
12-29-2009, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
vernon sucks Brilliant comeback. Did you think that up while you were playing with your Daniel Manning ball cards?

westtxfballfan
12-29-2009, 12:51 AM

westtxfballfan
12-29-2009, 12:53 AM
http://www.redraiders.com/2009/12/29/former-tech-players-support-suspended-leach

Former Tech players support suspended Leach
By Adam Zuvanich on December 29th, 2009

Mike Leach’s outspokenness, unconventional coaching methods and quirky behavior on and off the football field have been well-documented. He’s also been known to verbally criticize his players, sometimes publicly.

According to several of his former players, though, Texas Tech’s head coach is not in the least bit a bully or a bad guy.

Several former Red Raiders vehemently defended Leach on Monday after he was indefinitely suspended by the university for his mistreatment of an injured player. Leach’s punishment came in response to a complaint made by sophomore receiver Adam James and his family, along with the results of an internal investigation that Tech administrators said is ongoing.

“I’m privy to a lot of stuff going on down there, and I think the whole thing has been blown way out of proportion. I’m totally in support of coach Leach,” said former offensive lineman Cody Campbell, who was part of Leach’s first recruiting class at Tech. “I’ve heard Adam James was involved with it, he supposedly had a concussion and that Leach basically made him adhere to team rules and guidelines when it comes to injuries. And (James) was upset by that.

“Leach has unusual methods for doing things a lot of times, but he’s never cruel and never out of line in doing them.”

Former Tech offensive lineman Daniel Loper, who now plays for the NFL’s Detroit Lions, also was stunned and surprised by the allegations against Leach. Loper said the incident in question is nothing like the one earlier this year at Kansas, where head coach Mark Mangino resigned amid allegations that he abused his players verbally and physically.

“The whole time I was there, and as well as I know coach Leach, he would never do anything to publicly humiliate or endanger someone’s wellbeing, and he would never do anything unprofessional,” Loper said. “… I never saw him show any kind of favoritism or any kind of hate toward any singular person.”

Former players Graham Harrell and Eric Morris, who finished their Tech careers last season, said Leach handles injured players appropriately and equally. They said Leach and his coaching staff do not pressure players to return to the field before they’re healthy enough to do so, and Morris also said injured players are required to participate in practices just like every other Red Raider.

For example, a player with an injured leg would be required to do pushups during a workout so he could maintain his conditioning and continue to build strength. Former Tech offensive lineman Glenn January referred to the common practice as “Muscle Beach” and also said Leach “doesn’t deviate from the (NCAA) rule book at all and wouldn’t do anything to put a player in harm at all.”

“If you’re injured, you’re required to still participate in some form or fashion. You still have to be outside and doing something,” Morris said. “At times people have tried to get away with faking a little nag here and there, and to get away from people doing that, you always need to let everybody know they’re not going to stand around and do nothing. It’s a great thing to have in place. Some people want to get complacent and do different things because things aren’t going their way.”

Harrell, who finished the 2008 regular-season finale against Baylor despite breaking several bones in his hand during the first half, said Leach left the decision up to him and did not pressure the quarterback to play through the injury. Harrell also said he had the blessing of Tech’s trainers and doctors.

“He was hard on us,” Harrell said, “but it wasn’t like he ever threatened us or put us in a situation that was dangerous to us.”

Some former Tech players, who said they have been in contact with current Red Raiders and the coaching staff, questioned the validity of James’ complaint as well as his motives and intentions. They also said James has a reputation for being soft and somewhat of a prima donna.

“I think some people honestly are not tough enough to play college football, and (James) might be one of them, especially if he’s worried about being called out or humiliated,” Loper said. “… Sometimes that happens, especially at the collegiate level. It’s not like high school and Pop Warner, where everyone gets to play and gets a pat on the back. Sometimes coaches can be mean and yell.”

January said the shed in which James spent practice on Dec. 17 might have been the most appropriate place to deal with his concussion, because it kept him out of the sunlight. January said he and his teammates on the offensive line often retreated to the same shed during practices to rest and escape the heat.

“It’s not like it’s some dungeon,” he said.

January and some other former Tech players also suggested the incident wouldn’t have been scrutinized if James wasn’t the son of Craig James, a former SMU and NFL standout who now works as a television analyst for ESPN.

“It’s basically a non-issue,” January said. “The only reason it’s getting any attention is because of who his dad is.”

Neither Adam James nor any other Tech player was made available for comment Monday after Leach’s suspension was announced, and Craig James did not return multiple calls from The A-J seeking comment.

Regardless of what happened, many former Tech players said the timing of the Jameses’ complaint and Leach’s subsequent suspension is unfortunate. The Red Raiders face Michigan State in the Alamo Bowl on Saturday, and it’s also prime recruiting season.

Former players such as Harrell, Loper and Ryan Aycock said Tech administrators, recruits and even fans should not rush to judgement.

“Anybody that looks into this story should not be shied away,” Loper said. “I don’t know the whole situation with Adam’s father and his influence, and I don’t know if they’re thinking they’re being mistreated like the deal at Kansas. I don’t think this is a situation where (Leach) should be fired or even suspended. From what I’ve heard, I think it’s a little over the line.”

lakers
12-29-2009, 01:18 AM
Thank you, this is my perception of the whole situation.

Cotton
12-29-2009, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Or a Daddy who is a washed-out player trying to pump his ego while working for ESPN

washed out player??? Not taking sides, and can't imagine leach is guilty of something that stupid, but give credit where credit is due, Craig was a helluva a player and didn't exactly "wash out" of the nfl. He was part of a super bowl team.

Aesculus gilmus
12-29-2009, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Cotton
washed out player??? Not taking sides, and can't imagine leach is guilty of something that stupid, but give credit where credit is due, Craig was a helluva a player and didn't exactly "wash out" of the nfl. He was part of a super bowl team.

Not only that, he played pro ball right out of high school! Very impressive indeed.

BOCEPHUS
12-29-2009, 08:22 AM
HE DID NOT MAKE ANYBODY WALK THE PLANK

I READ THE JUNCTION BOYS, SAW MOVIE TOO.....BEAR A LEGEND......

POINT BEING LETS SEE IF THERE IS A LARGE GROUP OF PLAYERS COME FORWARD WITH COMPLAINTS, IF'EN THAR AINT THEN THIS ALL SMELLS LIKE BOTTOM OF HORSE STALL

LOOKED UP TREATMENT OF THIS HERE INTERENET FER CONCUSION HEADACHES, SAYS.....................DARK BE GOOD FER YA.

DONT KNOW NUTHEN ABOUT AARON JAMES AT ALL. DO KNOW DADDY MAY HAVE BEEN APART OF BREAK'N FEW NCAA RULES WHILE HE WAS AT SMU............

SAW BEACH AT PRACTICE FIELD, EERYBODY OUGHT TO HAVE ONE

Bubba-Joe
12-29-2009, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by BOCEPHUS
HE DID NOT MAKE ANYBODY WALK THE PLANK

I READ THE JUNCTION BOYS, SAW MOVIE TOO.....BEAR A LEGEND......

POINT BEING LETS SEE IF THERE IS A LARGE GROUP OF PLAYERS COME FORWARD WITH COMPLAINTS, IF'EN THAR AINT THEN THIS ALL SMELLS LIKE BOTTOM OF HORSE STALL

LOOKED UP TREATMENT OF THIS HERE INTERENET FER CONCUSION HEADACHES, SAYS.....................DARK BE GOOD FER YA.

DONT KNOW NUTHEN ABOUT AARON JAMES AT ALL. DO KNOW DADDY MAY HAVE BEEN APART OF BREAK'N FEW NCAA RULES WHILE HE WAS AT SMU............

SAW BEACH AT PRACTICE FIELD, EERYBODY OUGHT TO HAVE ONE

ARRGGGG you pirates stick together, I guess you didn't have a "Pony Express" sticker on your Camaro in High School huh????

BILLYFRED0000
12-29-2009, 08:32 AM
Well in the for what it's worth department. He came from Celina.
And I do know what those boys do while they are here. So I do not think Adam is all that soft. However I do believe this has more to do with who Craig is. I do believe that Tech is stupid to suspend Leach. Whatever happened to innocent til proven guilty.

BILLYFRED0000
12-29-2009, 08:34 AM
Brilliant comeback. Did you think that up while you were playing with your Daniel Manning ball cards?
You might try actually having a conversant relationship with someone before name calling. Otherwise you just look stupid.
What you don't know, you don't know. Craig is alright by me and so is adam.

PPSTATEBOUND
12-29-2009, 08:55 AM
Is Adam the only James boy that came from Celina?

rancher
12-29-2009, 09:05 AM
Sounds like a case where a rich white boy does not get the playing time he thinks he deserves and cries to daddy who happens to thinks he is important and is on TV tries to get back at the coach for his kid not playing. Why not wait till after the bowl game to make these allegations?

charlesrixey
12-29-2009, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by rancher
Sounds like a case where a rich white boy does not get the playing time he thinks he deserves and cries to daddy who happens to thinks he is important and is on TV tries to get back at the coach for his kid not playing. Why not wait till after the bowl game to make these allegations?

Adam James was injured; he wasn't playing anyway. And when he was, he was doing just fine. I like Mike Leach but i think it is within the realm of possibility for a player to have a legitimate complaint. Doesn't mean i think that Leach should be punished but at least let the story come out before blindly defending someone.

I don't know anything about the situation, but i do agree that if Craig James said something during a broadcast about it than that would be a problem, especially without all of the information being out in the open.

rancher
Put a diaper on that rich white boy and tell him to stop his crying. Play the best 11 who want to play and have heart, dont play those who can buy their way on the team.

charlesrixey
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
Is Adam the only James boy that came from Celina?

i think he had a younger brother as well; andy?

westtxfballfan
12-29-2009, 09:17 AM
I'm a Leach fan, and I hope he survives, but I think he's stepped in it too deep this time. I hope I'm wrong.

I've read that the Jameses wanted an apology and a release so Adam could transfer to SMU. That sounds believable with daddy's alma mater back to a passing offense and going to bowls now, and since Adam wasn't going to ever see the field at Tech with the receivers they are pulling in recently. If all they wanted was an apology and a release, then Leach should have swallowed his pride and done so and ridded himself of this whiny headache. Good riddance. There is a saying about not arguing with someone that buys ink by the barrel. Why on earth would you alienate the kid on your team that has a dad on the ESPN staff? I don't think he should get special treatment, but even if you can't stand the kid, think he's a slacker, or think he's faking, you have to be smart enough to know to kick him to the curb (like he and his pain-in-the-ass daddy want) rather than dig in your heels in this situation.

As for innocent until proven guilty, "why apologize if he didn't do anything wrong," and "coaches did much worse" in the old days, Leach's lawyer admitted that James was put in the equipment bin as alleged even though he disputes the characterization that the Jameses claim. The problem is, now that his lawyer admitted that it happened, the school can suspend him while they take a closer look. This is no longer a question of whether or not it happened; just "what are the details?" I agree with everyone that says that coaches pushed players much harder in the old days. To a man, my coaching friends laugh at the idea of running some of the drills or 2-a-day hours that were done even 20-30 years ago. But Bear Bryant could never pull a Junction in today's environment. That's a wider debate involving corporal punishment, how we've "advanced" (or softened IMO) as a society, but the bottom line is you can't get by with this in the present day. Not to mention the parents of recruits asking Tech coaches about this from now on if Leach is kept.

I wish he'd have just cut the James kid loose.

Gobbler Fan
12-29-2009, 09:32 AM
:fnypost: I see what you did there ... :spitlol:

waterboy
12-29-2009, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Not only that, he played pro ball right out of high school! Very impressive indeed.
:spitlol: Now that's funny right there......I don't care who you are!:D :clap:

..........but true......:thinking: :doh:

gobble_up03
12-29-2009, 09:41 AM
I was watching ESPN and they said Craig was pulled from being an announcer on the Tech game. I mean, I know just because his son plays for them doesn't automatically mean he roots for them, but I would think that was a conflict of interest, especially when commentators are "supposed" to appear unbiased toward either team.

charlesrixey
12-29-2009, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by gobble_up03
I was watching ESPN and they said Craig was pulled from being an announcer on the Tech game. I mean, I know just because his son plays for them doesn't automatically mean he roots for them, but I would think that was a conflict of interest, especially when commentators are "supposed" to appear unbiased toward either team.

didn't seem to be a conflict of interest when ut played tech this year or last, lol

Old&Crusty
12-29-2009, 09:54 AM
Before this broke the news, I got a call from my son, a former Bobcat and current TT student. He told me a member of the TT board said Adam had been locked in a "shed" with no windows for a few hours because he complained of an injury. The story broke the next day. If an injured player is locked away somewhere as punishment, that may be worth investigating. Perhaps the truth will come out.

Additup
12-29-2009, 10:09 AM
I hope everyone gets what they deserve:

ESPN made it sound like James was locked in a dungeon with an armed guard. If so, I hope Leach gets fired. It sounds like Leach wanted James physically at practice while the team was practicing. Ever had a "teammate" that used an injury as a ticket to play Wii in his apartment until bowl game travel time? Not saying James did this, but just recognizing the mentality is out there.

If Tech suspended Leach based only on the complaint WITHOUT investigating it fully, I hope the administrator involved has to answer for it.

If the James' complaint is IN ANY WAY associated with Leach's refusing to sign off on a transfer to SMU, I hope he and his father get the reputation associated with what they've stirred up and that Leach ends up owning some of ESPN.

Old&Crusty
12-29-2009, 10:18 AM
Adam did not seem "soft" when he helped his high school team win big games. But I did not see him as the greatest player on the field during his high school days either. I was a little surprised when he got the TT offer, but he seemed to play just fine during the TT games. The guys in the article backing Leach do not know James. When you're familiar with both people, this looks a little different.

Maroon87
12-29-2009, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by gobble_up03

It never seemed to be a problem for Bob Griese when his son Brian was QB for Michigan.:thinking:

BILLYFRED0000
12-29-2009, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
It never seemed to be a problem for Bob Griese when his son Brian was QB for Michigan.:thinking:

So he was locked in a close too?

Oh never mind..... I realize you were just being assinine.

Like old Crusty, I never saw adam whine in Celina so I have a hard time believing it started in college. When you see a guy play for four years you get a feel for his character. I do no think all of the sudden it just changed. I will admit the possibility but I also think Leach is chaotic and capable of doing some strange things at times. At least he has said some strange things at times.

Additup
12-29-2009, 11:39 AM
Who ordered the "Code Shed". Classic!

Gerald Meyers (Tech AD): *Coach Leach, did you order the Code Shed?*
Kent Hance: You *don’t* have to answer that question!
Coach Leach: I’ll answer the question!
[to Meyers]
Coach Leach: You want answers?
Meyers: I think I’m entitled.
Coach Leach: *You want answers?*
Meyers: *I want the truth!*
Coach Leach: *You can’t handle the truth!*
[pauses]
Coach Leach: Son, we live in a world that has sidelines, and those sidelines have to be guarded by pirates with swords. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Meyers? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for James, and you curse the Pirates. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That James’s small shed, while tragic, probably saved games. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves games. You don’t want the truth because deep down in places you don’t talk about at parties with your fat little girlfriends, you want me on those sidelines, you need me on those sidelines. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very bowl games that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a sword, and stand a post. Either way, I don’t give a damn what you think you are entitled to.
Meyers: Did you order the Code Shed?
Coach Leach: I did the job I…
Meyers: *Did you order the Code Shed?*
Coach Leach: *You’re G**damned right I did!*

Texas Tech Coach Leach Suspended….

Maroon87
12-29-2009, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000

Oh never mind..... I realize you were just being assinine.

No...I was just saying that Bob Griese always seemed to be objective even when calling his son's games.

But no, to my knowledge he was never locked in a closet.;)

pirate4state
12-29-2009, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Additup

[to Meyers]
[pauses]
Coach Leach: Son, we live in a world that has sidelines, and those sidelines have to be guarded by pirates with swords. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Meyers? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for James, and you curse the Pirates. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That James’s small shed, while tragic, probably saved games. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves games. You don’t want the truth because deep down in places you don’t talk about at parties with your fat little girlfriends, you want me on those sidelines, you need me on those sidelines. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very bowl games that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a sword, and stand a post. Either way, I don’t give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

bahahahahahahaha

Additup
12-29-2009, 12:09 PM

Guess I shoulda gone with the obvious ESPN "Instant Classic" reference...

RoTex
12-29-2009, 12:12 PM
Its funny this didnt come up until after James dismissal was denied.

If any of you have ever had a concussion you know your pupils dialate, and they encourage you to stay out of well lit areas. Also you get really drowsy but they dont let you get comfortable because if you fall asleep you very well might not wake up bc of brain trama.

I personally know two starters at Tech, both say James is a prima dona. He sat in an equipment room and the press conference room. Not a shed and a closet. The trainers cleared him to practice but he still complained of symptoms. Leach makes everyone be as close to practice as possible if they cant practice. So on the field it was the equipment room, and during film it was the press conference room.

James sat the bench most of this year, and looking at techs recruiting stable of receivers he would be a full time bench warmer next year. Sounds like ol' papa didnt like his son guarding the water and didnt want him to sit out a year if he transfered like everyone else has to. Leach did nothing wrong, and he will be the one receiving the apology. James should either sit out a year and transfer or go DII.

His dad already helped bring down SMU, he needs to leave Tech alone.

Trashman
12-29-2009, 12:12 PM

[to Meyers]
[pauses]

Now that was funny!:D

Gobbla2001
12-29-2009, 01:23 PM
Hmm, I tried reading this thread but was easily confused... basically I just want the conclusion...

So... did the James kid ever come out of the closet?

LE Dad
12-29-2009, 01:25 PM
Wow, good way to put a label on your son. My best advice is to let the coach handle the situation. If you don't like the way the coach handles it, meet with coach. Still not satisfied,then move your son to different school. Craig James is only going to damage his reputation as well as that of his son, Coach Leach, and TT. There is absolutely nothing positive about handling this matter so publicly.

Balcones fault
12-29-2009, 02:04 PM

[to Meyers]
[pauses]

Exceptionally well played.

nobogey72
12-29-2009, 02:24 PM
I heard this version from a person close to the Tech program. At one point in the season there was a player who was not going to class as much as he needed to, so Leach had a desk delivered to the practice field and set at the very middle and this particular player had to sit at the desk the entire practice-- obviously to make a point. So, this person says that Adam showed up at one of the practices that he was still in the concussion stage in sweats and sunglasses. The story goes that Leach said that since the sun was so bright and causing him to have to wear sunglasses that they would accomodate him by putting him somewhere where the sun would not bother him. That story kind of makes more sense to me than anything I've heard. Adam probably has a little prima dona in him, and Leach's reaction was a little over the top.

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-29-2009, 02:40 PM

[to Meyers]
[pauses]

This may be the post of the year, Bravo.

JJWalker
12-29-2009, 02:48 PM
It is a completely stupid situation.

Football always has stupid disciplinary routines.

Flipping tractor tires.
Air Raids.
Wind sprints.
Crabwalk.
Bear crawl.

At worst Mike Leach should be told to stop putting players in the dark.

wimbo_pro
12-29-2009, 03:11 PM
I am coming in late on this...so someone tell me...

Does the coach have other complaints or a history of treating the kids like this?

Z-RO
12-29-2009, 03:25 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/nursetpd/Big%2012/Leach_Trapped_In_A_-Closet.gif

Eagle 1
12-29-2009, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by westtxfballfan

I've read that the Jameses wanted an apology and a release so Adam could transfer to SMU. That sounds believable with daddy's alma mater back to a passing offense and going to bowls now, and since Adam wasn't going to ever see the field at Tech with the receivers they are pulling in recently. If all they wanted was an apology and a release, then Leach should have swallowed his pride and done so and ridded himself of this whiny headache. Good riddance.

OK, now the hidden truths are starting to show.
Poor little rich boy wasnt getting his time on the field that he wanted and so daddy wanted him to transfer to his alma mata so he would have more "influence" on his playing time. When Leach denied to sign his transfer letter, they went to the media and tried to make a mountain out of a molehill. :bigcry:
I cant believe the school administration went along with this.
I would not be suprised to see Leach leave after all this over.

Poor little rich kid and daddy will get theres. What comes around goes around.

Incidently, when my boys played high school football and had a problem I never got involved. I made them go and talk it out with the coaches on their own and it always worked out.

Ranger Mom
12-29-2009, 04:27 PM
I listened to this as well as I could...(since I am at work)..and don't think there was any profanity in it.

I am still in the "wait and see" mode with all of this, but I still thought this song was funny.

I haven't seen it posted on here anywhere, but if it has been, excuse the duplicate posting.

Cleaning out my closet - Team Leach (http://www.zshare.net/audio/70523324b1bb7c6a/)

TheDOCTORdre
12-29-2009, 04:31 PM
I havent took the time to read this thread, but just in case its going to get closed I was here

NateDawg39
12-29-2009, 04:41 PM
Brilliant comeback. Did you think that up while you were playing with your Daniel Manning ball cards? No I dont have a Danieal Manning "ball card" I have a Danieal Manning football card...and your attempted retort is wasted on me :rolleyes:

I call it a joke...kinda like Vernon football :devil:

scrub c
12-29-2009, 06:01 PM
Sad days ahead for Tech...
Has to be a no win for either party, who would want this kid on their team?
Makes Leach and the University look bad...

just too bad

Eagle 1
12-29-2009, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by scrub c

Has to be a no win for either party, who would want this kid on their team?

I bet SMU is thinking the same thing now.

Diocletian
12-29-2009, 07:43 PM
No way someone this smart does something this dumb.

I'm guessing he recommended it to the player first and they agreed on what they were doing.

It all sounds so unrealistic to me...

Looking4number8
12-29-2009, 07:48 PM

[to Meyers]
[pauses]

That's funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your my new best friend!

NateDawg39
12-29-2009, 07:58 PM
So he can coach in the bowl game

Looking4number8
12-29-2009, 08:06 PM
It was also reported today that if Leach is still employed by Tech on Thursday he gets a $800,000 bonus. ESPN says they think he will be fired tomorrow but I dont think so. If they fire him to save the money and then find out the charges are bogus it will cost Tech a lot more than 800K

Gobbla2001
12-29-2009, 08:07 PM
Just saw some more coverage on the four-letter... had Papa James on there for a few minutes to tell his side... he's like a damn salesman...

has the coverage been fair? haven't seen enough...

Txbroadcaster
12-29-2009, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Just saw some more coverage on the four-letter... had Papa James on there for a few minutes to tell his side... he's like a damn salesman...

has the coverage been fair? haven't seen enough...

Leach's Lawyer was on before him

Gobbla2001
12-29-2009, 08:27 PM
Leach's Lawyer was on before him

yah, I did hear that... but haven't really been tuned in on it...

coach
12-29-2009, 08:41 PM
mike leach is an idiot...tech worships him and he continues to make an ass of himfelf...i hope he gets fired and if he does he deserves it

NateDawg39
12-29-2009, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by coach
mike leach is an idiot...tech worships him and he continues to make an ass of himfelf...i hope he gets fired and if he does he deserves it on what grounds do you find him to be an idiot?

coach
12-29-2009, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
on what grounds do you find him to be an idiot?

um locking a kid in an epuipment room...blaming a loss to fat girlfriends...

skins4life
12-29-2009, 08:52 PM

I don't believe "He" locked a kid in an equipment room.

NateDawg39
12-29-2009, 08:55 PM
um locking a kid in an epuipment room...blaming a loss to fat girlfriends... lol so a guy whos honest gets called an idiot? Come on coach he was brought in to win games and he has taken Tech and added them on the football map. I wish more coaches had some balls like Mike Leach.

Txbroadcaster
12-29-2009, 08:55 PM

the fat girl friends was simply a metaphor( and a correct one in what he was saying)

NateDawg39
12-29-2009, 08:59 PM
Another thing I do not like about this is that it just shows how over protective parents can be at times. Whats Craig James gonna do when poor Adam gets in a situation with Mike Singletary (its an example of a tough coach)? Is he gonna go to the ESPN press and save the day by shedding the light?

LH Panther Mom
12-29-2009, 10:13 PM
I was talking to my Mom yesterday on the way home from work. She told me that there had been a "breaking news" moment during the 5:00 news. Very few details were out then and she had no clue who was making the allegations other than "some guy that's supposed to cover the game this week". :D :doh: I told her that I'd be shocked if there wasn't a LOT more than what was reported then. Obviously, Leach doesn't have a lot of fans on here, but he's no idiot! And neither are Kent Hance and Gerald Myers, so for all those hoping he gets fired without a full investigation, I can just about guarantee it won't happen.

raider red 2000
12-30-2009, 10:08 AM
this is from the news in lubbock.

shows the "sheds" i lived in smaller apartments than those rooms :)

http://www.kcbd.com/global/Category.asp?C=151146&clipId=&topVideoCatNo=108431&topVideoCatNoB=108535&topVideoCatNoC=111448&topVideoCatNoD=108536&topVideoCatNoE=111449&autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=4421239&flvUri=&partnerclipid

waterboy
12-30-2009, 10:43 AM
I think this is just a media circus act where everything that is said is blown waaaaaaayy out of proportion. It's happened before, and will happen again, over and over and over and ......... I don't think Leach did anything "wrong" to Adam James, at least nothing that he wouldn't do to any of his other players in the same situation. His methods, while unorthodox, are not inhumane. I'm just disappointed that the powers that be took the player's side over their coach. That should NOT happen unless he went waaayy overboard......or there's more to the story than what the media knows.....:thinking: