PDA

View Full Version : Spring Hill Longview Coach Search?

Eagle1
12-28-2009, 08:50 AM
I had heard that Spring Hill in Longview was looking for a coach? Have they made a selection? If not who are some people they are looking for? Could Spring Hill be like an Abilene Wylie of East Texas I hear it is a pretty wealthy area.

Txbroadcaster
12-28-2009, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Eagle1
I had heard that Spring Hill in Longview was looking for a coach? Have they made a selection? If not who are some people they are looking for? Could Spring Hill be like an Abilene Wylie of East Texas I hear it is a pretty wealthy area.

Spring Hill has a pretty solid history and tradition ..Their best run might have been in the early part of this decade when they made a semi-final run under Steve Gaddis and had a few other great years under him

Not really a big 3A..around 524 enrollment for this year's enrollment

Does have some nicer areas, but would not call it a rich area or anything like that..just a typical small town in East Texas..some well off and some not so well off areas.

1st&10
12-28-2009, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Spring Hill has a pretty solid history and tradition ..Their best run might have been in the early part of this decade when they made a semi-final run under Steve Gaddis and had a few other great years under him

Not really a big 3A..around 524 enrollment for this year's enrollment

Does have some nicer areas, but would not call it a rich area or anything like that..just a typical small town in East Texas..some well off and some not so well off areas. I still think that under the right coach that Spring Hill could play some really good football. I am not saying that they will go deep in the playoffs but I do think that more times than not that they will make it in. Great location and from what I have heard they have some good kids. Very coachable and if someone can come in there an light a fire....might be a good place to build a program.