Cowboys really need to win this one.

Not so much now that the Giants got it handed to them today

gobbler grad
12-27-2009, 06:25 PM
skins in a close one...:thinking:

Diocletian
12-27-2009, 06:49 PM
win or tie and were in the playoffs!!

I'd love to see us just blow the skins out the stadium tonite.

Keith7
12-27-2009, 08:38 PM
one thing is for sure when you watch a cowturd game. there will be plenty of unnecessary celebrations.

PhiI C
12-27-2009, 08:51 PM
GO COWBOYS!

skins4life
12-27-2009, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
GO COWBOYS!

Fletcher should have been flagged for that last hit!!

Will probably get a fine.

eagles_victory
12-27-2009, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
one thing is for sure when you watch a cowturd game. there will be plenty of unnecessary celebrations. Hate to do this but Keith's right the first down celebrations are a bit much.

Txbroadcaster
12-27-2009, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Hate to do this but Keith's right the first down celebrations are a bit much.

EVERY team's players celebrate to much

skins4life
12-27-2009, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

Yeah, I hate it when a team is down by 2 or 3 scores and a WR acts like he just scored the winning TD.

Keith7
12-27-2009, 09:20 PM

not like the cowgirls, they celebrate a five yard run like they won the super bowl and god forbid if a receiver makes a first down, they will run 15 yards down field and do the signal for first down while staring gayly into the crowd. If gay ratliff touches a ball carrier he will break into a retarded incredibal hulk pose. keith brooking pretends he is drew brees before the game and the waterboy during the game, totally homo. it's absolutely ridiculous

pirate4state
12-27-2009, 09:23 PM
not like the cowgirls, they celebrate a five yard run like they won the super bowl and god forbid if a receiver makes a first down, they will run 15 yards down field and do the signal for first down while staring gayly into the crowd. If gay ratliff touches a ball carrier he will break into a retarded incredibal hulk pose. keith brooking pretends he is drew brees before the game and the waterboy during the game, totally homo. it's absolutely ridiculous they do it because they know it annoys YOU, kinda like what you do here on the board. hey, you've got something in common with the Cowboys! hahaha

eagleqb_14
12-27-2009, 09:26 PM
good catch and run Witten 14-0 BOYS.

LE Dad
12-27-2009, 09:27 PM
Wow:eek: :eek: Great defense thus far and offense is clicking alot better than in the first meeting:clap: :clap:

Keith7
12-27-2009, 09:34 PM
Collinsworth has a bad case of the "here's a guy"s tonight

Keith7
12-27-2009, 09:35 PM
lol why wasn't austin pointing downfield after that idiotic run?

Txbroadcaster
12-27-2009, 09:36 PM
blame Romo on that int LOL

skins4life
12-27-2009, 09:41 PM
It sure look like it was on Williams to me.

LE Dad
12-27-2009, 09:43 PM
blame Romo on that int LOL Lol, probably so, but I would blame OC for that horrible call on prior play. Why the razzle - dazzle when you are blowing off with the power run?

pirate4state
12-27-2009, 09:46 PM
lol why wasn't austin pointing downfield after that idiotic run? same reason you didn't acknowledge my post lol

skins4life
12-27-2009, 09:47 PM
You know, I've been a 'Skins fan for over 40 years and I've never seen them play like this. :mad:

LE Dad
12-27-2009, 09:48 PM
I hope that they are saving some celebrations for next week. :D

LE Dad
12-27-2009, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by skins4life
You know, I've been a 'Skins fan for over 40 years and I've never seen them play like this. :mad: Too many chiefs right now. Hopefully they will bring in a strong coach and put it together next year.:D

skins4life
12-27-2009, 09:53 PM
It looks like the best place to hit RW is in the hands. For 'Skins anyway.

Pick6
12-27-2009, 09:55 PM
blame Romo on that int LOL

He'll blame Romo for hitting Williams in the chest on that dropped pass also.

Txbroadcaster
12-27-2009, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
He'll blame Romo for hitting Williams in the chest on that dropped pass also.

and Miles Austin dropping the slant pass that he might have scored on...but on thee Witten catch and run it was ALL Witten..Romo did nothing to help it

Pick6
12-27-2009, 09:58 PM
and Miles Austin dropping the slant pass that he might have scored on...but on thee Witten catch and run it was ALL Witten..Romo did nothing to help it

True, no way Romo could of lead him perfectly so he could get some YAC.

Txbroadcaster
12-27-2009, 10:00 PM
True, no way Romo could of lead him perfectly so he could get some YAC.

yea cause as Farmer said( In my Sig) Romo is terrible putting throws where his guys can catch it and run

bobcat4life
12-27-2009, 10:04 PM
its Wades fault. even if he doesnt know any of the offense

wtfootball
12-27-2009, 10:06 PM
lol why wasn't austin pointing downfield after that idiotic run?

He would have had to point the other way.

skins4life
12-27-2009, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Too many chiefs right now. Hopefully they will bring in a strong coach and put it together next year.:D

I sure hope you're right there LE Dad. This almost too much to bare. I can sure sympathize with the Cowboys fans for the '89 season.

Txbroadcaster
12-27-2009, 10:14 PM
What a conservative 4th down call

Pick6
12-27-2009, 10:15 PM
What a conservative 4th down call

Should of spread them out then ran it.

Pick6
12-27-2009, 10:35 PM
Jason Garrett needs to go.

LE Dad
12-27-2009, 10:37 PM
Is there another choice besides Barber up the middle on 4th and short??

Txbroadcaster
12-27-2009, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Is there another choice besides Barber up the middle on 4th and short??

blame the play call..I hate pulling linemen on a short yardage( same thing they did on goaline agianst SD)...it creates gaps for the DL to shoot thru.

eagles_victory
12-27-2009, 10:40 PM
blame the play call..I hate pulling linemen on a short yardage( same thing they did on goaline agianst SD)...it creates gaps for the DL to shoot thru. that play was way too slow of a developer for fourth down. When you need about 3 inches just sneak the ball.

NateDawg39
12-27-2009, 10:54 PM
Barber is runnin like his usual self finally

LE Dad
12-27-2009, 11:02 PM
Defense:D

Passing:D

Short yardage:mad:

XP and FG :confused:

Overall Cowboys look good, but the short yardage troubles are starting to worry me ALOT!!

wimbo_pro
12-27-2009, 11:09 PM
not like the cowgirls, they celebrate a five yard run like they won the super bowl and god forbid if a receiver makes a first down, they will run 15 yards down field and do the signal for first down while staring gayly into the crowd. If gay ratliff touches a ball carrier he will break into a retarded incredibal hulk pose. keith brooking pretends he is drew brees before the game and the waterboy during the game, totally homo. it's absolutely ridiculous
Keith...honestly...your non-stop adolescent obsessions and your sophomoric name-calling of the Cowboys (and others) is just that...adolescent and sophomoric. I don't even follow the Cowboys...hell, I think its safe to say I don't even like the Cowboys (goes back to the Earl Campell days I guess)...but add this to your uninformed and often angry comments about UT (again, non-stop) and I think its safe for me to say that the following is how I see it:

You are an angry young man. Obviously I have no idea when, where and why this anger came about (nor do I want to know)...but I can absolutely guarantee you that it is presently controlling your life and (more importantly) WILL control your life in a negative way...until you shed this serpent skin and find out what it is that makes you so angry, and then you deal with it.

I can also guarantee you that it isn't the Cowboys...it isnt Mack Brown...and it isn't UT. It's you. I hope you find your way, because experience tells me the way you are going right now will only be destructive for you.

navscanmaster
12-27-2009, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Keith...honestly...your non-stop adolescent obsessions and your sophomoric name-calling of the Cowboys (and others) is just that...adolescent and sophomoric. I don't even follow the Cowboys...hell, I think its safe to say I don't even like the Cowboys (goes back to the Earl Campell days I guess)...but add this to your uninformed and often angry comments about UT (again, non-stop) and I think its safe for me to say that the following is how I see it:

You are an angry young man. Obviously I have no idea when, where and why this anger came about (nor do I want to know)...but I can absolutely guarantee you that it is presently controlling your life and (more importantly) WILL control your life in a negative way...until you shed this serpent skin and find out what it is that makes you so angry, and then you deal with it.

I can also guarantee you that it isn't the Cowboys...it isnt Mack Brown...and it isn't UT. It's you. I hope you find your way, because experience tells me the way you are going right now will only be destructive for you.

LMAO!!! I honestly think he just does it because he knows it gets under our skin on here, but you never know who the real guy is behind the keyboard. I am humored by his posts, and I am a lifelong Cowboys fan and a Longhorn follower (not a big fan.)

Trashman
12-28-2009, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
LMAO!!! I honestly think he just does it because he knows it gets under our skin on here, but you never know who the real guy is behind the keyboard.

I agree, have a co-worker who does the same thing. He is just not as nasty about it as Keith7. :D

STANG RED
12-28-2009, 12:26 AM
Redskins by 21

I figure you've been right 5 out of 15 times with the boys this season. Sadly, that's probably the best winning percentage you've got going in your pathetic little life. Ever notice how one common denominator of being on the wrong side on anything is usually you? Most people will eventually learn from their mistakes, but you,,,well nevermind.

Farmersfan
12-28-2009, 09:41 AM
yea cause as Farmer said( In my Sig) Romo is terrible putting throws where his guys can catch it and run

You guys know this is bunch of NONSENSE!!!!! Kicking a person like this when he isn't even online to defend himself is a bit childish TX! Besides, you pick all the bad plays by OTHER players to bring up on here as examples of the plays that I will blame on Romo when you know in your heart there will be some BAD plays made by Romo that could be brought up.
And don't be too happy with what you saw in this game. The offense once again was pathetic. They managed 24 total points in two games against the Redskins. The Giants scored 41 on this defense just last week and our Cowboys struggled to get 17. Thank God for the defense that you hate!!!!!! This offense scores below the average points allowed by their opponents and the defense holds the opponents to way less than they normally score and yet you will still find a way to give the offense the credit.
And FYI! Romo had a 86 QB rating. It is falling like the value of every STOCK that I buy on E-Trade these days.

Txbroadcaster
12-28-2009, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
You guys know this is bunch of NONSENSE!!!!! Kicking a person like this when he isn't even online to defend himself is a bit childish TX! Besides, you pick all the bad plays by OTHER players to bring up on here as examples of the plays that I will blame on Romo when you know in your heart there will be some BAD plays made by Romo that could be brought up.
And don't be too happy with what you saw in this game. The offense once again was pathetic. They managed 24 total points in two games against the Redskins. The Giants scored 41 on this defense just last week and our Cowboys struggled to get 17. Thank God for the defense that you hate!!!!!! This offense scores below the average points allowed by their opponents and the defense holds the opponents to way less than they normally score and yet you will still find a way to give the offense the credit.
And FYI! Romo had a 86 QB rating. It is falling like the value of every STOCK that I buy on E-Trade these days.

I hope your joking with this post because the thread was started in fun with no ill will and I thought you would know that and not take it personal

BTW the Redskin D...top 10 D in the league for most of the year..not a slouch D by anymeans.

And your right the Dallas O was not great..the two missed 4th down conversions killed at least 6 points and as much as 14 points.

Romo's rating was killed by the INT and the dropped passes, but he played a methodical game..the type QBs need to have in December

crzyjournalist03
12-28-2009, 10:32 AM

wow...homophobic much?

Comments like this get you fired from jobs. Posting them on message boards doesn't make you seem cool. It makes you look like a moron.

Farmersfan
12-28-2009, 10:41 AM
I hope your joking with this post because the thread was started in fun with no ill will and I thought you would know that and not take it personal

BTW the Redskin D...top 10 D in the league for most of the year..not a slouch D by anymeans.

And your right the Dallas O was not great..the two missed 4th down conversions killed at least 6 points and as much as 14 points.

Romo's rating was killed by the INT and the dropped passes, but he played a methodical game..the type QBs need to have in December

Of course I know it was in jest TX! That's why I added the little statement about my stock purchases at the end. (that's not a joke though):( :( :(

Sorry! Maybe a bad use of the little smileys???

Txbroadcaster
12-28-2009, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Of course I know it was in jest TX! That's why I added the little statement about my stock purchases at the end. (that's not a joke though):( :( :(

Sorry! Maybe a bad use of the little smileys???

LOL

I am becoming more convinced that Garrett and or Houck will be out the door BEFORE Wade PHillips will be.

PPSTATEBOUND
12-28-2009, 11:03 AM
All hilarious...

The Cowboys are not a very good team that will enter the playoffs for the umteenth time only to be one and done..Beating chest/man boobs over a 17 point/talley win over a very very very bad Redskins team is laughable at best..:clap:

Macarthur
12-28-2009, 11:24 AM
Jason Garrett needs to go.

One criticism I have of Garrett is that we need to mix in a PA pass every now and then.

HOWEVER, I think Garrett is getting too much criticism here. Every team in the NFL runs the same short yardage plays. They have a high paid line and RB. Garrett put trust in his guys to execute the play. They didn't do it. I think much of the blame here needs to go on Barber. It looked like they had a couple of those plays blocked well enough to get the first down. He hesitated and has done that more and more. I think Choice needs to get some snaps in short yardage. Also, mix in some PA pass and roll Romo out; he puts a lot of pressure on a defense with his feet. At least that will keep them honest.

I also think you need to give a little credit to Haynesworth. That dude is a beast when he wants to be. He single handedly blew up two of those plays.

Bullaholic
12-28-2009, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro

wimbo, everything is funny to Keith until he gets on the receiving end and then the big alligator tears about how he is picked on start to flow. I laugh at the biggest part of his posts, but sometimes have to draw a personal line when I think he has gone too far.

Emerson1
12-28-2009, 11:33 AM
Historically Barber is terrible in short yardage situations like that.

Pick6
12-28-2009, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Macarthur
One criticism I have of Garrett is that we need to mix in a PA pass every now and then.

HOWEVER, I think Garrett is getting too much criticism here. Every team in the NFL runs the same short yardage plays. They have a high paid line and RB. Garrett put trust in his guys to execute the play. They didn't do it. I think much of the blame here needs to go on Barber. It looked like they had a couple of those plays blocked well enough to get the first down. He hesitated and has done that more and more. I think Choice needs to get some snaps in short yardage. Also, mix in some PA pass and roll Romo out; he puts a lot of pressure on a defense with his feet. At least that will keep them honest.

I also think you need to give a little credit to Haynesworth. That dude is a beast when he wants to be. He single handedly blew up two of those plays.

4 times against the Chargers, 3 times last night. What's the old saying about doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results? Garrett needs to go.

pirate4state
12-28-2009, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
LMAO!!! I honestly think he just does it because he knows it gets under our skin on here, but you never know who the real guy is behind the keyboard. I am humored by his posts, and I am a lifelong Cowboys fan and a Longhorn follower (not a big fan.) +1

Originally posted by Bullaholic
wimbo, everything is funny to Keith until he gets on the receiving end and then the big alligator tears about how he is picked on start to flow. I laugh at the biggest part of his posts, but sometimes have to draw a personal line when I think he has gone too far. In his defense, is he attacking anyone personally? He is just attacking teams we all support. Big whoop.

I mean, does he annoy me from time to time? Sure, but most of the time I just laugh and move on.

Some of you seem to take great pleasure in being just down right mean.

Macarthur
12-28-2009, 11:58 AM
4 times against the Chargers, 3 times last night. What's the old saying about doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results? Garrett needs to go.

So the fact that since the day he's been here the offense has been a top 10 offense each year doesn't mean anything?

The fact that they were ranked 7th in both run and pass going into last night means nothing?

I've had some questions about Garrett, too, but to say he needs to go is a bit overdramatic, IMO.

Bullaholic
12-28-2009, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
+1

Some of you seem to take great pleasure in being just down right mean. [/B]

LOL. Hey---Who owns the title "Super Mean Girl" around here? :D

And for the record---Keith doesn't get a bit more back than he is hoping for, and I will still jump on him when I think he has crossed the line in my personal view.

Pick6
12-28-2009, 12:05 PM
So the fact that since the day he's been here the offense has been a top 10 offense each year doesn't mean anything?

The fact that they were ranked 7th in both run and pass going into last night means nothing?

I've had some questions about Garrett, too, but to say he needs to go is a bit overdramatic, IMO.

How many more 4th and shorts is he gonna run the same play and expect different results? Everyone knows he's gonna run over Davis. Remember what Baltimore said last year, Dallas was the easiest offense they've seen. Garrett needs to go.

Macarthur
12-28-2009, 12:06 PM
The did not run the same play. :rolleyes:

Pick6
12-28-2009, 12:12 PM
The did not run the same play. :rolleyes:

Maybe different formations, but all behind Davis.

pirate4state
12-28-2009, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
LOL. Hey---Who owns the title "Super Mean Girl" around here? :D

Me, which is why I can spot "Super Mean" behavior. :)

Emerson1
12-28-2009, 12:19 PM
Maybe different formations, but all behind Davis.
Because Kosier had Haynesworth lined up in front of him, and got dominated every time

Pick6
12-28-2009, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Because Kosier had Haynesworth lined up in front of him, and got dominated every time

Why not spread out the defense and try a QB delay. Maybe a quick slant to Austin. Something different than running behind Davis because everyone knew that was the play.

Emerson1
12-28-2009, 12:38 PM
Why not spread out the defense and try a QB delay. Maybe a quick slant to Austin. Something different than running behind Davis because everyone knew that was the play.
Well I'm just saying it wasn't Davis' fault

Pick6
12-28-2009, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Well I'm just saying it wasn't Davis' fault

You're right, it wasn't. Washington has a pretty good front 4.

crzyjournalist03
12-28-2009, 12:45 PM
My only theory on the repetitive running of Barber up the middle in short-yardage situations was that it's all they've done this year, and they kept doing it yesterday knowing they could win regardless, and they hope to run the same formation with a little wrinkle in it come next week or in the playoffs (toss play? Play-action? Quick slant to the WR?)

Macarthur
12-28-2009, 12:46 PM
It's easy to question the calls like that when they don't work. Frankly, every team in the NFL runs pretty much the same short yardage plays.

I agree that I would like to mix things up a bit, but to second guess the play call is cheap, IMO, when given what they have up front, the players should have executed. I put more on the players.

Another thing to consider is that Garrett and the rest of the staff realized that if they didn't just hand Wash points, there was no way Wash was going to break 10 points. For that reason, I think they went really conservative, especially in the 2nd half.

GrTigers6
12-28-2009, 01:55 PM
My issue with the play calls were. It was 4th down and 2 chain links to go. Do a quick snap qb sneak and huddle up for the next play. I rarely see that play and the odds of it being successful are far greater than a play that starts 5 yards deep and creates holes for the defense to penetrate thru

crzyjournalist03
12-28-2009, 02:07 PM
Conversation between Emmitt Smith and Jerry Jones during the game last night:

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4665378/emmitt-weighs-in-on-short-yardage-woes

"We both know we shouldn't be walking back there and handing the ball off seven yards deep to make a foot," Jones said. "We both know that. He was quick to point that out, Coach Smith."

Bullaholic
12-28-2009, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Conversation between Emmitt Smith and Jerry Jones during the game last night:

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4665378/emmitt-weighs-in-on-short-yardage-woes

"We both know we shouldn't be walking back there and handing the ball off seven yards deep to make a foot," Jones said. "We both know that. He was quick to point that out, Coach Smith."

I agree. Who you going to fool with what amounts to a draw on a 4th-and-1 situation. What ever happened to the good old dive play with a big blocking FB in front of you clearing the way?

GrTigers6
12-28-2009, 02:43 PM
Or with Witten and a FB leading the way

ctown
12-28-2009, 04:41 PM
LOL

I am becoming more convinced that Garrett and or Houck will be out the door BEFORE Wade PHillips will be.

By about 5 minutes...

Txbroadcaster
12-28-2009, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by ctown
By about 5 minutes...

unless a meltdown happens I dont think Phillips is gone..Jerry really likes him and I think is looking for reasons to keep him instead of reasons to get rid of him

TheDOCTORdre
12-28-2009, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
All hilarious...

The Cowboys are not a very good team that will enter the playoffs for the umteenth time only to be one and done..Beating chest/man boobs over a 17 point/talley win over a very very very bad Redskins team is laughable at best..:clap:

but consider this, who in the NFC is elite enough to run through the playoffs? the Saints and Vikings as of late have been on a downward trend as of late, and then you take the packers, eagles, boys, and cardinals and its a toss up, so to say Dallas is one and done is by no way accurate, but its not due to Dallas being a dominant team, it has to do with the NFC being down, but dont go and right of Dallas as one and done yet

Phil C
12-29-2009, 11:08 AM
This is great news! We are in the playoffs and if we beat the Eagles we get the tie breaker for the NFC East championship and get to host a wild card time in the first round. Things are promising indeed!!