carter08
12-27-2009, 01:27 PM
Texans up 10-0 in the 1st.

carter08
12-27-2009, 01:41 PM
17-0

carter08
12-27-2009, 01:49 PM
24-0 Houston. 11:44 left in the 2nd Quarter.

Bull Butter
12-27-2009, 02:13 PM
27-0

bobcat4life
12-27-2009, 03:22 PM
this suprised me. I thought Miami would give Houston a game

carter08
12-27-2009, 04:25 PM
Texans win.

Texans are still alive in the playoff hunt?

Gobbla2001
12-29-2009, 03:28 PM
I noticed the thread went dead as the Dolphin comeback began... can't blame anyone... it's getting old...

It made me sick watching that second half... story of the year right there... Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Texans...

Dunno what to say here... a part of me says "Get rid of Kub, 3 straight seasons of 8-8 (and maybe 2 8-8s and a 9-7) is not going to cut it"... then another part says you just can't get rid of the guy...

I've thought about this team being at 8-8 right now, and what, both good (+) and bad (-) has contributed to it... these are my top reasons in order:

1. Fumbles... -
2. Injuries in the middle of the oline... -
3. Defense getting better every week, more agressive... +
4. Kris Brown missing FGs... -
5. Shaub has stayed healthy... +
6. Owen Daniels goes out for the year mid-season... -
7. Cannot finish a game... -
8. OC and DC doing great jobs in first years... +
9. Less conservative this year... +

1-2: Fumbles and the oline injuries can be switched at 1 and 2 if you wish, but these are the main problems because it effects the running game, something the Texans desperately needed this year... both have effected close games and red-zone production...

3. 1 and 2 are so depressing we need a positive... the D has done great... I love Pollard and Cushing, GREAT additions and a HUGE attitude adjustment out there with these two... if Ryans wasn't good enough to begin with, he plays even harder now trying to keep up with Cushing... LOVE it... love those blitzes with Pollard... gotta lock this dude up, thanks Kansas City...

4. This has really hurt... look at games that could have gone into OT...

5. Enough said, we can't rely on Rex Grossman...

6. Texans record four games after losing OD? 0-4... sure two of 'em were against Indy, but we were in the first game and a TE of his calibar, one of the best in the league, would have surely helped... Think we could have kept the foot on the pedal the second game against Indy with a guy like OD out there? Glad to see the TE position show up Sunday...

7. Gotta play more than 2 and a half qts, guys... just have to...

8. Bush looks like he was the right guy for DC, and it looked like Kub did a good job with Daddy's Boy at OC... they've done a great job calling plays this year...

9. More balls, I just see more balls...

Negatives as they relate to Gary Kubiak:

Can't blame 1 and 2 on Kub...

Can't blame 4 on Kub

Can't blame 6 on Kub

Can blame a lot of 7 on Kub

Positives as they relate to Kub:

Minus #5, I think Kub has had a great impact on the positives this year...

You just can't get rid of Kubiak... esspecially with players who love playing for him... he deserves to finish out his contract next year...

Maroon87
12-29-2009, 03:33 PM
The Texans have 2 main problems IMO...

1) Fumbles
2) They don't seem to truly believe they are as good as they are....that's why they seem to piddle games away at the end. You half expect them to give the old Wayne's World "we're not worthy" salute when they get a 4th quarter lead.

I think Kubiak should stay, personally.

carter08
12-29-2009, 03:50 PM
Give Kubiak one more year to make the playoffs. Otherwise, bring in someone new.