PDA

View Full Version : Hoem field advantage during Play-offs.

BurnetBandRules
11-13-2003, 06:30 PM
Okay, I have noticed that some teams that have won their tosses have opted to play on their home field. In my opinion, I think that it should be scheduled away from your home field. I think that this might give a team an advantage that shouldn't be had in a play-off game. I know that alot of you may not agree with this...please realize that it is an opinion so don't blast me. I was just wondering If I was the only one this way. I think that both teams should go into a play-off game with equal chances and no leg ups when it comes to location. I don't feel this way when it comes to talent because some teams go into a game with much more talent than the other thus being the better team. But, with this home field advantage, I think that two equal teams may play a game and the home field team would have a better chance. OPINIONS????

sahen
11-13-2003, 06:34 PM
I think they should play it at a neutral site or give the team w/ the best record homefield advantage...ony flipping a coin if they have equal records and havent played each other in the regular season..Neutral site would be best but if they give someone homefield advantage it should be the team that earned it...oh well..just my opinion

Pudlugger
11-13-2003, 06:36 PM
The home field situation occurs only if the two coaches can't decide on a neutral site. They then have the option to flip a coin for Home and Home. The winner plays on their home field. The losser gets home field the next time they meet in playoffs. In Bi-District you see this more often because the probability of meeting again is greater. So since it is decided by a coin toss it is fair. :)

crzyjournalist03
11-13-2003, 06:38 PM
I see your point, and being from Forney, I have to admit that I was surprised to find out that we're playing a home game for the playoffs. After our last home game, the announcer said "Thank you for a great home season Rabbits. We wish you the best in the playoffs." Who knew that we'd actually have another game? I think that it absolutely gives us an advantage...not that we necessarily needed it, but it definitely hurts any WP hopes of an upset. They won't be able to bring a large crowd to the game, because City Bank Stadium is specifically designed so that the away side has very limited seating.

BurnetBandRules
11-13-2003, 06:40 PM
I totally agree with that. One thing, I don't know if I would go with record thing. I mean, a team can have a pretty sore record but still be pretty dang good. I mean, take Marlin for example. I mean, they are a pretty good team and put a whoopin on their district. and I believe that they are 6-4 or 7-3. Not sure. Example, put Marlin (7-3) and Liberty Hill (9-0) in a playoff game. Who would you give the home field advantage too? ANYWAYS, I totally agree with ya

crzyjournalist03
11-13-2003, 06:44 PM
BurnetBandRules:
I totally agree with that. One thing, I don't know if I would go with record thing. I mean, a team can have a pretty sore record but still be pretty dang good. I mean, take Marlin for example. I mean, they are a pretty good team and put a whoopin on their district. and I believe that they are 6-4 or 7-3. Not sure. Example, put Marlin (7-3) and Liberty Hill (9-0) in a playoff game. Who would you give the home field advantage too? ANYWAYS, I totally agree with yayeah...I believe Carthage was 7-5 when we met them last year, and they were waaaayyyyy better than their record...we played some one and two loss teams that wouldn't have been able to hang with them.

sahen
11-13-2003, 07:18 PM
meeting someone 7-5 in the playoffs is impossible unless if they played 12 regular season games...

sahen
11-13-2003, 07:22 PM
The record thing is what almost every other playoff brackett does...it seems better than flipping a coin to me...it gives someone credit for finishing w/ a good record but honestly i think they should all be played at neutral sites...that would make it fair for everyone....

BurnetBandRules
11-13-2003, 10:25 PM
ttt

3afan2K3
11-13-2003, 10:28 PM
sahen:
meeting someone 7-5 in the playoffs is impossible unless if they played 12 regular season games...we met them later in the play-offs not the first round

crzyjournalist03
11-13-2003, 10:33 PM
sahen:
meeting someone 7-5 in the playoffs is impossible unless if they played 12 regular season games...I just looked it up...they were 7-4 before the game against us...they finished 7-5.

3afan
11-13-2003, 10:34 PM
Pudlugger:
The home field situation occurs only if the two coaches can't decide on a neutral site. They then have the option to flip a coin for Home and Home. The winner plays on their home field. The losser gets home field the next time they meet in playoffs. In Bi-District you see this more often because the probability of meeting again is greater. So since it is decided by a coin toss it is fair. :) the winner plays at their designated home field .. it can be their own stadium or a nearby stadium