PDA

View Full Version : La Grange Wide Receiver Corbin McHazlett Highlights

TRENCHES06
12-27-2009, 01:53 AM
La Grange WR Corbin McHazlett (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlAUTg1zSIg)

Spread It Out
12-27-2009, 08:11 PM
Good highlight film. #9 seems to be a great blocking receiver as well.

Pudlugger
12-28-2009, 07:26 PM
Great highlight film Trenches06! Corbin is an outstanding athlete and one which I have enjoyed watching for the past three seasons. He has uncanny moves and surprising speed(I especially noticed that on two plays, the ko run back and the long pass play against Sweeny when he just put it in overdrive and pulled away from the defenders in the last 20 yards). I would guess he's the fastest player on the Lep 2009 team. I hope he gets to play on Saturdays.

Has he looked into Trinity in SA? They are big recruiters of 3a players along with TLU and Mary Hardin Baylor. Trinity especially wants the good student athlete as they place a premium on academics. DIII is fun football.

BTW Corbin reminds me somewhat of another Trinity alumnus who played at Victoria HS...Jeremy Urban. All American 2002 Trinity University and the third leading receiver last year for the Arizona Cardinals. Smaller schools can still produce fine players!

TRENCHES06
12-28-2009, 07:42 PM
I actually think Trinity would be great for him...

Bulligator
12-29-2009, 02:37 PM
I know DIII doesn't offer any athletic scholarships. What other types of scholarships besides academic can they offer?

Pudlugger
12-29-2009, 04:57 PM
They work pretty hard to get the athletes need based and merit based financial aid. They do not give athletic scholarships in DIII. Trinity is a highly competitive school and the average entering freshman's SATs are high( when my son was a student in 2006 the average was 1300 out of a possible 1600).
This high bar makes it tougher for Trinity to compete with less competitive schools such as TLU or Mary Hardin Baylor for good athletes yet they have won the SCAC 14 times in the past 18 years.