PDA

View Full Version : Old Folks and Video Games....

Bullaholic
12-22-2009, 03:39 PM
This Christmas I got an XBox 360 w/ 3 wireless controllers for my house for the grandkids. I have never played many games, except on a PC, so the 360 was new territory for me. Fired up Madden 10 and immediately got 3 delay of game penalties in a row. I've seen my grandson and friends playing Madden 9 and they move at the speed of light---this old guy will never know how they decide and call plays and defenses that quick. Guess I'm going to have to learn----quick. :D

waterboy
12-22-2009, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
This Christmas I got an XBox 360 w/ 3 wireless controllers for my house for the grandkids. I have never played many games, except on a PC, so the 360 was new territory for me. Fired up Madden 10 and immediately got 3 delay of game penalties in a row. I've seen my grandson and friends playing Madden 9 and they move at the speed of light---this old guy will never know how they decide and call plays and defenses that quick. Guess I'm going to have to learn----quick. :D
Yeah.......either that or get CREAMED every time you play one of them! :D

crzyjournalist03
12-22-2009, 03:44 PM

you don't have to break the plays down. The biggest key to defeating the computer is to vary your play calling (at least so long as you're not playing on the hardest difficulties). Don't worry about memorizing the routes your receivers are going to run. Once you pick a play, you just scan the field to find which receiver is open and throw it to him.

NateDawg39
12-22-2009, 03:44 PM
This Christmas I got an XBox 360 w/ 3 wireless controllers for my house for the grandkids. I have never played many games, except on a PC, so the 360 was new territory for me. Fired up Madden 10 and immediately got 3 delay of game penalties in a row. I've seen my grandson and friends playing Madden 9 and they move at the speed of light---this old guy will never know how they decide and call plays and defenses that quick. Guess I'm going to have to learn----quick. :D Well seeing as how you are from Bridgeport, it is no surprise to most people :D

Bullaholic
12-22-2009, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Well seeing as how you are from Bridgeport, it is no surprise to most people :D

Bad as I am, Nate, I bet if I dialed Decatur in as the opponent--I could beat them---just like everybody else does...:D

Sweetwater Red
12-22-2009, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
you don't have to break the plays down. The biggest key to defeating the computer is to vary your play calling (at least so long as you're not playing on the hardest difficulties). Don't worry about memorizing the routes your receivers are going to run. Once you pick a play, you just scan the field to find which receiver is open and throw it to him.

Yeah? Try playing with the Detroit lions. :(

BwdLion73
12-22-2009, 03:47 PM

Give it up.
One of my now grown sons favorite Christmas storys that I will have to endure again this year is how at 9 years old he beat me about 50 times in football until I finally won and ran around the room yelling "OH YEAH" "OH YEAH":( :eek: :D

NateDawg39
12-22-2009, 03:51 PM
Bad as I am, Nate, I bet if I dialed Decatur in as the opponent--I could beat them---just like everybody else does...:D Live it up, like I told you before, Bridgeport will be back to their usual choke artist selves in a year or two ;)

Bullaholic
12-22-2009, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
Give it up.
One of my now grown sons favorite Christmas storys that I will have to endure again this year is how at 9 years old he beat me about 50 times in football until I finally won and ran around the room yelling "OH YEAH" "OH YEAH":( :eek: :D

I've got the answer to beating my grandson---I cheat by grabbing him or lightly throwing a shoulder into him (He's 11).
He yells--"That's cheating, Papa" and I yell back---"My yard, my ball, my rules, kid.":D

crzyjournalist03
12-22-2009, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

Throw the ball to Megatron over and over, and if the computer starts covering him, move him down the depth chart to the slot receiver and then have him go against the opponents' third-string corner or linebacker.

Sweetwater Red
12-22-2009, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Throw the ball to Megatron over and over, and if the computer starts covering him, move him down the depth chart to the slot receiver and then have him go against the opponents' third-string corner or linebacker.

I'll try it. Thanks

Eagle Eyes
12-22-2009, 04:05 PM
I've got the answer to beating my grandson---I cheat by grabbing him or lightly throwing a shoulder into him (He's 11).
He yells--"That's cheating, Papa" and I yell back---"My yard, my ball, my rules, kid.":D

:clap: :clap: :clap:

rangerjoe33
12-22-2009, 04:22 PM
I am 40, I have been playing Madden since I was 18 or 19 when it was on the Sega...then it went to Playstation and then Playstation 2...I was very good. Last year we switched XBox... I haven't played but maybe once or twice in the last year...I now get killed everytime I play...and my kids own me on CODMW2.

Need for Speed is awesome though on a 50" Samsung 1080p HD set.

crzyjournalist03
12-22-2009, 04:23 PM
I'll try it. Thanks

Don't hold me to it...I haven't played Madden 10 at all, so it's possible that the A.I. has improved to counteract that kind of "cheating".

Emerson1
12-22-2009, 06:59 PM
It sucks. I am 2011 of a Franchise with them. I have them up to 85 ovr, but my online gives up like 50 sacks year still. Def my defense boosting that ovr up.