PDA

View Full Version : Why I Love Football !!!!!

CHSVARSITYDAD
12-22-2009, 01:04 PM
Every year at this time all the boys are done with football and former students home from college,so the real football begins in the park.
No yelling coaches(I know they mean well),no screaming fans putting expectations on you,no demands and anyone can play any position just for the love of the game!
I show up last night and their is one boy from Victoria,a LB from Goliad,and two fine young men from Graham,I think one was a rec. and not sure what position the other played for Graham but somehow they were in Victoria so they came and our regulars from varsity and some boys 2 and 3 years out of school, some of which play in college. Now you got my youngest who played center for Cuero making diving catches, the one boy from Graham tracking down anyone from behind, OT's passing the ball,and bodies flying all over the place. They had 8 on 8 and would have played all night if someone didnt have to leave.
It made my heart pound and made for another great CHRIST filled Christmas watching these boys be boys. I think I'll go again tonight!
God Bless all and have a great Christmas!!!!!

12thMan
12-22-2009, 01:58 PM
I remember those days. We had a blast playing sandlot football.

Merry Christmas to all!!

Bullaholic
12-22-2009, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by CHSVARSITYDAD
Every year at this time all the boys are done with football and former students home from college,so the real football begins in the park.
No yelling coaches(I know they mean well),no screaming fans putting expectations on you,no demands and anyone can play any position just for the love of the game!
I show up last night and their is one boy from Victoria,a LB from Goliad,and two fine young men from Graham,I think one was a rec. and not sure what position the other played for Graham but somehow they were in Victoria so they came and our regulars from varsity and some boys 2 and 3 years out of school, some of which play in college. Now you got my youngest who played center for Cuero making diving catches, the one boy from Graham tracking down anyone from behind, OT's passing the ball,and bodies flying all over the place. They had 8 on 8 and would have played all night if someone didnt have to leave.
It made my heart pound and made for another great CHRIST filled Christmas watching these boys be boys. I think I'll go again tonight!

Good words. This "Oldie" comes to mind after reading your post, CHSVDad. Many may not be old enough to remember this classic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNxLxTZHKM8

Ranger Mom
12-22-2009, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by CHSVARSITYDAD

That's awesome!!:clap: :clap:

maroonpirate04
12-22-2009, 06:36 PM
Some of football players still have the football fever:D Today when i driving home from work i passed by Pirate Stadium and they were playing football on the field, and today is a perfect day to play its not hot or cold just a little windy great weather. Guess they miss hearing the Pirate fans cheering them on

Green Bling
12-22-2009, 07:41 PM
Are they playing at the soccer field by the Ag bldg?

CHSVARSITYDAD
12-23-2009, 01:57 PM
Yes GreenBling,they called off yesterday,everyone was a little sore!

Green Bling
12-23-2009, 02:34 PM
:D :D :D :D