PDA

View Full Version : McNeese vs Western Kentucky Nat. Champs 5:30 PM

Old Cardinal
12-20-2002, 06:26 PM
If you are interested in the 1 AA National Championship game it is at-----McNeese.Structurex.net---- or you can navigate to it at- McNeese Football Broadcast... There are a lot of Texas football players on this McNeese squad. They beat Montana, Montana State and Villinova to get to the National Championship game. It today Friday at 5:30 pm.

fred grunden
12-20-2002, 07:14 PM
Thanks for reminding me, Old Card.

Old Cardinal
12-20-2002, 07:16 PM
There are 23 Texas players on the McNeese team...Five of them from 3A teams from S.E. Texas...Rod Gulley #10 Newton, Elijah Bob #19 Hamshire-Fannett, Roy Farias #57 Orangefield, Adam Van Metre #63 OrangeField, Tim Kenebrew #98 Newton...SCORE at end of 1st quarter Western Kentucky 7 McNeese 0.

Old Cardinal
12-20-2002, 09:51 PM
Western Kentucky ahead 34-14 with 2 minutes left in the game!....It interesting, McNeese beat them 38-13 early in the season! How many times have you seen a team come back in the playoffs to beat a team that beat them earlier in the year?

Jacket2000
12-20-2002, 10:05 PM
This was pretty disappointing. I knew McNeese was a second half team, but I dont guess that brought that bunch with'em tonite. This one just kept getting worse the longer it went.
J2K

kepdawg
12-20-2002, 10:50 PM
Old Cardinal:
Western Kentucky ahead 34-14 with 2 minutes left in the game!....It interesting, McNeese beat them 38-13 early in the season! How many times have you seen a team come back in the playoffs to beat a team that beat them earlier in the year?A good example from 5A this year is Smithson Valley and Austin Westlake. Westalke beat SV 28-7 in Week 3 of the season, but SV beat Westlake 41-7 in the 2nd round of the playoffs. SV is playing for the championship tommorrow.

fred grunden
12-21-2002, 04:56 PM
You had to know it was going to happen to McNeese sooner or later. Unfortunately it happened to them in the title game. They did not learn to play all 4 qtrs with the same intensity. If they had come out in the first qtr ready to play instead of waiting for the 2nd half, maybe it would have been different. Every time I listened to them all year, they were struggling in the 1st half. Then they seemed to make adjustments, get fired up, and roll over people. The other team had the best game plan and were able to execute.
If playing next week McNeese might beat them again, but there will be no next week. If they had not lost their star running back last week to an injury, it might have helped. The QB was not on target which hurt. Rod Gulley had a good game.

fred grunden
12-21-2002, 05:05 PM
Oh yes, about one team beating another team in the regular season and losing to same team in the playoffs, that happened to Jasper and West Orange Stark a few times. First time was in 1986 when Jasper had one of its better teams of the 1980's. They beat WOS in Orange 21-15, then lost to WOS in the playoffs by a score of 15 to 21. Then in the 90's it was WOS over Jasper in the preseason but Jasper over WOS in a playoff game in Nacogdoches. Coach Dan Hooks wasn't very happy that night, and Old Card, you probably know how an unhappy D. Hooks can be.

<small>[ December 21, 2002, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: fred grunden ]</small>

Old Cardinal
12-21-2002, 06:00 PM
To Fred G., Ole Hooks is a one-of-a-kind. A few years ago he was the Assistant Coach on his 7 year old grandchild's little-dribblers basketball team. He got so roudy that they had to kick him out of the gymasium! The only one I have ever seen worst was a Coach named Buffamonte out at LC-M, He went crazy one night after a call and jumped and screamed non-stop of over 15 minutes. After the 15 minutes of screaming at the top of his lungs, they grabbed him and shut him down. An old man about 85 years of age got up in the stands an announced loudly, "NOT ONLY IS HE CRAZY, HE DOESN'T KNOW BASEBALL EITHER!"....FRED, HAVE YOU SEEN SIMILAR, OUTBURST?

eagles_11
12-21-2002, 06:44 PM
mcnesse is good they had a good run 2nd isnt bad and also trinty from texas played today they have quite a few texas kids but all i know is it is in texas where in texas is it? but ne how they lost 48-7 to mt union

eagles_11
12-21-2002, 06:47 PM
i should of added this on my last message but denton ryan lost to ennis in the reg season and came back and got them in the playoffs just another example